Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's Evangeline enjoying avacado:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eavette101.jpg

and dancing in her new goodmama
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eavette096.jpg

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
So cute! And it looks like a nice trim fit.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
A room is done in this stinking house!! The playroom Check siggy. Maybe I should reward myself by making the biggest multiquote this ddc has ever seen.
must
catch
up
!
Love the colors!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 AM

please, someone, tell the stinking stagehands to quit their strike tomorrow. I rarely go anywhere am I'm meeting a friend who is a musical freak there for 4 days. She just broke up with her boyfriend and is quite depressed. Now, no musicals. This is just not her week!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 11-14-2007, 02:22 AM

Hanno, the playroom looks awesome!! I know that you have been going through a lot with the house and everything, but it has definitely paid off....it looks great!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 AM

OK, I really need to get off the computer and go to bed.

I won't be on much tomorrow because I'm packing for my business trip/visit with friend.

I hope to have pages and pages of posts to get caught up on!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 02:59 AM

Lookie lou here, or is that lurkey lou.

Hanno, that room looks great! And Eva is really so cute, great smile. I've been checking out DS, too. There's so much out there, it's a bit overwhelming at times. I'm dying buy more, but waiting for dh's deal to close before I go crazy, you know, Christmas and all...

Need to post some pics, soon. Scarlet is getting so big, so fast.

Have fun, mclisa!

Off to have a piece of cake...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 AM

Hanno - I LOVE that room!! If my house had a room like that, I'd want to be in it all the time.

queenofmycastle and doudat, I am jealous of your chunky babes. My scout used to be somewhat roly-poly, but she has really thinned out. Her legs are long and lean and her butt isn't enormous anymore (I'm so sad about that!). She still has a double chin, though.

I had an Oh-my-God-I'm-a-bad-mommy moment earlier today. DH just bought me a stainless steel water bottle and I'm always letting DD gnaw on the spout. There is a tiny hole in the lid with a teeny rubber valve to let air in as you're drinking. I didn't realize how easily that little rubber valve thing comes out. When I was packing the diaper bag, I noticed that the rubber valve was gone and DD had just been playing with the water bottle this morning. I looked all over but didn't see it anywhere. (It's about half the size of a small kernel of corn and is transparent.) I thought FOR SURE she had swallowed it. Luckily, I just found it!....on the floor where she was playing. Wow - I'm glad she didn't swallow it or choke on it.

Just for future reference, I wonder what I should do if she would ever swallow something small like that. (hopefully that NEVER happens!) My momma instict was telling me to just wait for it to pass through into her diaper. But my worry-wart side was wondering if swallowing something like that could cause some damage to her insides.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:51 AM

WEll Johnny seems fine luckly...

Hanno- love the playroom, I even braught DH over to look at the pics

Kewpie- I'm sure your mama instincts are correct!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Just for future reference, I wonder what I should do if she would ever swallow something small like that. (hopefully that NEVER happens!) My momma instict was telling me to just wait for it to pass through into her diaper. But my worry-wart side was wondering if swallowing something like that could cause some damage to her insides.
my little sister swallowed a penny one time and it came out the other end. She seemed no worse for the wear.....then again, I was like, 6 when it happened and it just seemed "cooooooooooooool!" I'm sure my mom (who is a nurse and slightly paranoid ) was totally freaked. Although by that point maybe a swallowed penny was par for the course.

Well I've been up with G since 3 again, although at least we all went to bed at 10, so I DID get 5 hrs of sleep. After her rolling around between us for an hour I finally dragged myself and her out of bed and checked her dipe...POOP. I felt bad, I'm sure that's why she couldn't sleep. Of course at that point she was just plain awake so.....here we are. Chillin.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
So I am SO sick of pumping after working and having to pump like 10 times a day and he been letting Johnny have a bottle of formula in the car...but my sister (she's only 9) fed him 2oz of milk that had been sitting in the car for hours before I realized...I called the pediatrician who just laughed and said he would just get a tummy ache and throw up at he worst but probably will be fine - he seems fine so far, its been 3hrs now...I still feel bad though, I should have thought to tel me sister not to feed that to him - and she was so proud of herself for taking care of him too! Oh so the moral of the story: DO NOT BE LAZY AND USE FORMULA!!!!!!!!!! BM definatly would not go bad in that amount of time.
While formula is certainly not as resilient as BM, it doesn't go bad too quickly. The label on the can tells you to not use it after ___ hours but i think they are just trying not to get sued. I usually stick with the smell it rule. If it smells funny, don't feed it. Of course, formula always smells a bit funny to me!

Quote:
A room is done in this stinking house!! The playroom Check siggy. Maybe I should reward myself by making the biggest multiquote this ddc has ever seen.
must
catch
up
!
LOVE the room! Those are my favorite colors, so I might have to "borrow" your color scheme once we get a house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post
Well I've been up with G since 3 again, although at least we all went to bed at 10, so I DID get 5 hrs of sleep. After her rolling around between us for an hour I finally dragged myself and her out of bed and checked her dipe...POOP. I felt bad, I'm sure that's why she couldn't sleep. Of course at that point she was just plain awake so.....here we are. Chillin.
I hope your asleep now! I've been up for an hour (pumping, and now I will fold laundry and dipes). I'm hoping that Abby sleeps through until ~7, but she's usually up at 6:15 or 6:30 for breakfast. Then she sleeps until 7:30, but it may take me 30 or 45 minutes to get her back to sleep!

The morning hours are the only time I get everything done!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Quote:
must
catch
up
!
What a great room!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
must
catch
up
!
I love it!!! I should get a tent for Liam's room, but I don't think it would fit... What a fabulous idea though, I'm sure kids love that!
Old 11-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Self feeding is great and all, but freaking messy!!! Imagine Romi and Eva eating together? We'd be scraping off bananas and avocados for weeks!

And the GM looks AMAZING on her! I can't wait... How many do you have? I'm scared I'll have to pay a lot of duty since I bought 3 at once though. Darnit. The brand new velour I scored off FSOT comes out much cheaper than buying them from Suzanne. I wish more people would sell them! To me
Old 11-14-2007, 12:09 PM

doudat- I had those 3 come at the same time and I paid $9 something, not killer anyway. Yes, off ds would be sooo much better- but they need to sell them to me!

Kewpie-o-- ya, you would likely wait it out- I don't think it would do anydamage, unless, say it was glass, or like mercury or something lots of kids swallow lots of things- it's the choking that's worse!
i totally thought you were going to say you found it in scout's cheek!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 11-14-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post

If swallowed, just watch the diapers to see if you can find it. Unless it is a battery, those you should have the child seen right away as they can erode the digestive lining.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Unless it is a battery, those you should have the child seen right away as they can erode the digestive lining.
The little boy I used to babysit pooped a watch battery while at my house. He was about 13 months old at the time. I KNOW that he did not get it from my house and I KNOW that he pooped it because I changed his diaper when he arrived in the morning and it wasn't there and the next dipe I changed was poopy and the battery was definitely down in the poo. : I called his mom and told her, but I think she was embarrassed and just said "Oh, it must've just stuck to his bottom during a diaper change." The next day, there was heart-shaped foil confetti in his poop. She shrugged that off as being stuck to his bottom too.

But then, this is the same momma who was letting him eat Flaming Hot Cheetos at 10 months old.

(sorry I think I may have told that story here before. Ignore me if I did. )
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM

I sold my GM dipe on ds a while back - but it was a second quality one because the snap in soaker was a different design than the normal GM diapers. The snaps were exposed on the soaker (no big deal) and it was shorter and an odd shape. I wasn't a huge fan of that diaper : ...but I think that it may have just been that I didn't have a REAL GM first quality dipe. kwim? I might try to buy a normal one sometime (if I can get my hands on one) and maybe I would like it better. :

Do you ladies have all prints or do you have some of the plain ones too? I was wondering which ones you liked better.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
must
catch
up
!

I love the colors of that room, I wish we had enough rooms to make a playroom. Oh well maybe when we buy a new house in 4 or 5 years.

I was a bad Mom last night, I put DS into his pack and play to sleep, and went downstairs to do something, while I was in the middle of it, he started crying and I didn't get upstairs for another 5 minutes, by which time he had stopped crying and was sounds asleep. I feel bad that I didn't make it right upstairs, but on the other hand he slept for 5 hours straight again last night, yay!

I am really hoping he is heading back to his sleep through the night stage again, it would be really nice, though I can deal with waking at 3:30am and again at 7am or so to eat and fall back asleep, it is better then every 2 hours.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 11-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I love the colors of that room, I wish we had enough rooms to make a playroom. Oh well maybe when we buy a new house in 4 or 5 years.

I was a bad Mom last night, I put DS into his pack and play to sleep, and went downstairs to do something, while I was in the middle of it, he started crying and I didn't get upstairs for another 5 minutes, by which time he had stopped crying and was sounds asleep. I feel bad that I didn't make it right upstairs, but on the other hand he slept for 5 hours straight again last night, yay!

I am really hoping he is heading back to his sleep through the night stage again, it would be really nice, though I can deal with waking at 3:30am and again at 7am or so to eat and fall back asleep, it is better then every 2 hours.

Hmm...Johnny slept better last night too...but he also didn't nap yesterday....
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM

resurrecting us from the 2nd page.

G took a MONSTER 2.5 hr nap this morning. It was amazing. Probably because she slept so goofy last night. And now she is asleep again, and has been for about...40 mins.

I've cleaned my kitchen, done a load of baby laundry, and cleaned our master bath (it was gross. so gross. i don't even want to think about how gross it was). I've eaten a PBJ and written a thank you note for a baby gift we recieved ages ago. Excellente.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:54 PM

Pictures!

Okay, I can't keep up with this thread if I miss a few days!
Hanno, I love the room...we have a playroom here that we need to paint too, maybe I will steal some ideas! We used to have a tent for Finn and he loved it.
Queen, Eva is too cute and so is that dipe. NOw that we're home again and settled in, I can feel the itch to buy some new diapers setting in! I will not listen to you girls talk about all your good deals on ds, you're bad influences!

Now I have a very personal question...is anyone feeling any discomfort during sex still? I am finding it rather painful. Even with lots of lube. I'm pretty sure I don't have a yeast infection or anything. I didn't have any tears or major trauma from the birth, but it hasn't felt right since. It sucks actually

I'll be back later, I should help dp with dinner
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 11-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Caroline was so sleepy today!! she napped 830 am till 9 30,then fell asleep at 1130 slept only a few min cause we were out,then was nursing like crazy and falling asleep at 123o didn't stay asleep when i put her down but was cuddling me and fell asleep on me no nursing stayed asleep while i put her back in carseat to get sam from school, came home fell asleep and let me put her down at 2 30 slept till 5!!! now its 7 and shes nursing to sleep AGAIN! i don't know whats up with her!

finn'smama your pics are tooo cute!!! i love the pic of Finn in the jumper!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 AM

Finn's Mama, yes. It's kind of disheartening. In my case, it's nerve pain. I didn't have any majorly obvious changes, either. I think it just takes time.

Ronan slept from 10:30 last night until 8:20 this morning! He's never done that before! I'm guessing tonight will be an every-two-hour-nursing night, just to let me know who's boss.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:23 AM

hi all...been a while. i try to catch up with reading but haven't had much time to post. my sister left today : after two months living with us...can't believe that time went so fast! i remember writing that she was coming and it seems like yesterday! my parents were here for a few days too and kaylo cried for more than two hours after they left.

hanno-love the room too! i wish my boys had a playroom! i saw that leafy-thing at ikea and loved it--looks great in the room!

finn'smama--beautiful pictures! and i also feel pain during sex--don't know if it's a dryness thing b/c of nursing...it gets better as we get going...but since i don't have a sex drive and it's uncomfortable--i rarely ever dtd anymore. (and have to live with dh grabbing my ass 50 times a day and all that pestering)

so, what's up with these gm's?? what are they like?? oh--just saw eva's...really cute!

let's see-any zenon news-- he loves eating and wants everything we eat. oh-he said ma-ma-ma-mum yesterday morning and then said something like pa-pa-pa later! he's been saying more ma-mums but not anymore pa-pas. that p sound was crzy though--i don't remember kaylo doing that so young.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 11-15-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Now I have a very personal question...is anyone feeling any discomfort during sex still? I am finding it rather painful. Even with lots of lube. I'm pretty sure I don't have a yeast infection or anything. I didn't have any tears or major trauma from the birth, but it hasn't felt right since. It sucks actually
A
Yup, here too... I'm pretty convinced that a lot of it is hormonal from bfing, since starting with self-feeding it's gotten a lot better...every week. (Even though we only try like every 1-2 weeks, it's improving).
I'm optimistic!

Savannah's been pretty good sleep-wise lately... just some teething pain, i think. And nursing about twice a nite. And LOVES apples and carrots (raw) to push on her sore gums. You'd think that would make it hurt worse, but whatever :

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Pictures!

A
Ok, first of all, that's a great idea putting Finn in the jolly jumper! I should sooo string Axel up! And leave him there for ahwile!
Glad to hear you're getting settled. Nice floors!
So, sex. Well, I think it's a number of things, really. One, EVERYONE, is practice! Yes, I'm serious, the longer you don't do it for the more uncomfortable it is. But also, I think hormones, libido, tiredness etc. And I think it's a lot harder for us to get truly 'in the mood', especially if you're not getting your period, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocelyndale View Post
Ronan slept from 10:30 last night until 8:20 this morning! He's never done that before! I'm guessing tonight will be an every-two-hour-nursing night, just to let me know who's boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hi all...been a while. i try to catch up with reading but haven't had much time to post. my sister left today : after two months living with us...can't believe that time went so fast! i remember writing that she was coming and it seems like yesterday! my parents were here for a few days too and kaylo cried for more than two hours after they left.

(and have to live with dh grabbing my ass 50 times a day and all that pestering)

so, what's up with these gm's?? what are they like?? oh--just saw eva's...really cute!
aww, poor girl, bye family! it does seem like yesterday when you said she was coming! I can't believe it's gone that fast. It's so hard to say goodbye to family when you don't see them often. I feel for you mama!

I have the same problem with my dh!! He just asked me 3 times in 1/2 and hour if I was horny! I said, 'what's that?'!

One more thing about the goodmama- I can't believe how much I love them and how well they fit Evangeline!

A

Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Pictures!

I'll be back later, I should help dp with dinner
A
The pictures are precious!!! What sweet boys you have : I love the eating crib picture, something Liam used to do when he was a babe... Ahhhh the memories.
As for discomfort, none here. But then again, I'd have to really have sex to notice
Old 11-15-2007, 01:15 AM

Oh and Romi's been saying mama as well. In a nagging voice to boot!!! Very cute and weird at the same time.

Anyone with toddlers getting sentimental? I grabbed liam and told him he was my big baby today, and *gasp* he let me and actually kept asking to be my baby! So I was playing around and rocking him, kissing him and telling him to suck his thumb and I suddenly got so sad. Like I can't believe my family is growing up so fast. That my little boy used to be my baby and now he isn't anymore. Oh boy, I'm crying typing this up, what is going on with me?

Anyways, dh was playing the baby game with liam after I was done since I had to nurse romi and liam wanted to nurse so I let him and he kissed my boob I was so scared he was going to bite me!! But it was sweet and lovely and simple, and, and, and, I gotta go hide in the bathroom to cry now I wish I could go back in time and see him the way he was when he was a baby. And I wish I would've known it would fly by... I feel like I missed out, but I was always there! Ugh.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Oh and Romi's been saying mama as well. In a nagging voice to boot!!! Very cute and weird at the same time.

Anyone with toddlers getting sentimental? I grabbed liam and told him he was my big baby today, and *gasp* he let me and actually kept asking to be my baby! So I was playing around and rocking him, kissing him and telling him to suck his thumb and I suddenly got so sad. Like I can't believe my family is growing up so fast. That my little boy used to be my baby and now he isn't anymore. Oh boy, I'm crying typing this up, what is going on with me?

Anyways, dh was playing the baby game with liam after I was done since I had to nurse romi and liam wanted to nurse so I let him and he kissed my boob I was so scared he was going to bite me!! But it was sweet and lovely and simple, and, and, and, I gotta go hide in the bathroom to cry now I wish I could go back in time and see him the way he was when he was a baby. And I wish I would've known it would fly by... I feel like I missed out, but I was always there! Ugh.

i know what you mean i feel this way with all my babies!!! i can not believe how fast it goes the other day i was talking to a friend about how one of my kids did it this way and another did it that way and i can't even remember the details i had to say well i think they did... i miss my babies!! my oldest is 9 and A HALF!!! its so weird to think back to the days when it was just me and her she was almost 3 when i had dd2 and yet it feels like it went so fast and we had no time alone together, suddenly i have 4 monkeys!! and now i know how fast it happens i am trying so hard to tell Caroline that she isn't allowed to get bigger and do big kid things.. she just won't listen to me!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3

User Tag List