September 2007 mamas-Is it really November already? - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2007, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post

It's so sweet, usually if I'm at the computer, she's nursing... sometimes I feel her unlatch and look at her to find her grinning really big at me, awwwww, thanks for taking time out of your busy nursing schedule to share smiles!
I was just coming here to post about those nursing smiles....I get quite a few a session and some coos to boot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
Dahlia is definitely trying to sit up. She is 12 weeks and I just can't believe it. It is flying by. Mothering is such a roller coaster. I am going back and forth between just adoring my children and thinking how great my life is to it deteriorating to both babies crying to nurse and me sobbing because I feel like such a failure to all of them. I am yelling way too much at Eavan but he doesn't listen at all and I am trapped nursing and feel so frustrated. He has been having major meltdowns because he wants to nurse every hour and I can't do it. I need to post in breastfeeding challenges or somewhere. I don't even know where to post it.

ARGH! I am feeling so out of balance. He is snapping again. :
Wendi
mama...

I totally feel ya! I so feel I am not giving my oldest enough and snapping at her...she just REALLY knows how to push those buttons of mine over and over and over......

Lilah is trying to sit up too.....I'll set her in the corner of the sofa next to me to chat and she leans forward and assumes that pose...Her big sister didn't do it this early......but Lilah can and it's WAY TOO FAST!!! I LOVE the airplane pose!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faliciagayle View Post
The past few nights I've hung her little robe on the inside shower door, and a nice cozy towel over the tub, then I put the towel on my chest, let the water out and once its not high enough to keep her warm, scoop her up into the robe/towel combo. Tonight her jammies were warm out of the drier so she got fresh scrumptious jammies after her massage. Ah, what a life. I would flip out if/when she sucks in water.
This is how we bathe too!
She loves her massage...sooo serene and coos....I got peed on last night though.... a bit too relaxed she was....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
i'm going for my iud today. i'm 97% sure we're done (although when i was pg i was 100% sure we were done. ) i'm sure the nurse is going to freak out (again) when she can't find my bucket to put the baby in. (she thought i was really weird when i had my pap and (gasp) had no place to put the baby and i (gasp again) had to *hold* her. she asked where my carseat was and i said "uh, in the car" at least the doc already knows i'm weird
My friend took me out for dinner Monday (it was so nice...early christmas) and I brought baby with me in her HugaBub (best present ever....thus far....) and they asked if I needed a highchair so I could put the seat in it and looked around for the seat.....all 3 of the hosts.....I said, "Um, we don't need one thanks." and they were very perplexed....We had the best server and he said that his partner talked them into getting a carrier and they haven't figured it out yet bc it's just one long piece of fabric so they settled on a MT.....he got a pic out of his wallet and sure enough......baby looked sooo cozy.......

But w/o those car seats in arms........makes ppl :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 05:29 PM

Oh, I KNEW Christmas Eve when the smell of my mom's rolls made me queasy but tucked it away in my head bc for 2 years my MW and Endo told us no way...no more...but I KNEW bc I've only ever felt like that when pregnant.....

We tested on the 9th and my first MW appt was on the 10th of Jan (or whatever the second saturday was....)
Old 11-30-2007, 07:05 PM

I caved! I bought a swing. I was just neglecting Eavan too much and needed a bit more time. Of course Dahlia loves it so I feel majorly guilty as she feel asleep in there. But I got to eat lunch. Phew!
Wendi
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I caved! I bought a swing. I was just neglecting Eavan too much and needed a bit more time. Of course Dahlia loves it so I feel majorly guilty as she feel asleep in there. But I got to eat lunch. Phew!
Wendi
We got one too......found the one we wanted on craigslist for like 80% off what it was in the store...SHE LOVES IT.......watching the fish swim above and the ocean waves......

She's only been in it a few times but it ended up being necessary bc she didn't want to be carried all day and her big sister needed me too......

It rubs their little hair off though......: but she loves it and a few minutes here and there aren't gonna hurt her......

Erica: I STILL need to read your PM....ugh...thinking of you....
Old 11-30-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Wendi
I felt the same way when I found the bouncy seat at the consignment store. We keep it in the kitchen and he just coos and watches us swarm about him plus I get to eat w/o getting marinara on his sweet longies. I must be the world's sloppiest eater.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine's mama View Post
We got one too......found the one we wanted on craigslist for like 80% off what it was in the store...SHE LOVES IT.......watching the fish swim above and the ocean waves......

She's only been in it a few times but it ended up being necessary bc she didn't want to be carried all day and her big sister needed me too......

It rubs their little hair off though......: but she loves it and a few minutes here and there aren't gonna hurt her......
laying in our bed has rubbed my lo's hair off (firm mattress)! just on the sides! it's kind of funny looking, but i'm happy she doesn't have that bald spot in the back.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
Old 11-30-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
laying in our bed has rubbed my lo's hair off (firm mattress)! just on the sides! it's kind of funny looking, but i'm happy she doesn't have that bald spot in the back.
Yann has lost his hair on the sides too, but he still has little sideburns - and a mohawk. Cool!
He is so, so sweet and smiley and talkative. He's getting really good at reaching out to grab things.
Tonight he was chomping on my nipples when nursing. Please tell me he is not teething already.

One of DH's colleagues loaned us a bouncy seat and at first I didn't want to use it but it is in the kitchen and it does make cooking and eating a lot easier, not to mention doing stuff with the other kids.

lactivist - don't feel guilty about the swing. If Dahlia is happy and Eaven is happy and it helps you then that is a good thing!

Nikkihoi- I hope Marshall is feeling better.

In response to Leanbh - I have been to Galway a couple of times. Once about 14 years ago and then about 3 years ago. My SIL lives there now. It seems like a nice place to live. I will definitely be hitting you up for info if we do end up moving there.
---
I got my period last year on Dec 12 and the first thing that popped into my head was "I'm going to get pregnant on Christmas". We weren't trying, although I really wanted another one. Then we were too not careful on Christmas morning and bingo! We were staying at his parents' house. My first pregnancy symptoms were getting carsick on an excursion with his parents, goat-cheese cravings (normally I can't stand it!) and having to poop about 5 times a day. Actually, I'm not quite sure what the pooping was about. Side -effects from the goat cheese maybe. I was trying not to get my hopes up and actually went to buy some pads around the time my period was due. DH pretty much knew that I was pregnant before I did. I never took a test.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure what's going on with Liam's hair, its getting longer but doesn't seem very thick. He's bald on the sides as well from sleeping on the mattress. Its almost like he has a baby mullet because the back is almost 2 inches long and the top is thin

Anybody have recommendations for a good manual pump, I have an electric pump but the one time I used it it gave me "hickies". I'm not looking for anything too expensive but I wanted to donate milk for mighty mama and use it for when Liam starts solids.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 11-30-2007, 11:20 PM

Today is my second day back to work I miss my little boy terribly. Yesterday was rough - I cried and cried, and whenever someone asked me about the baby, I'd start crying again. But today is a little better. DH has been getting off work a bit earlier so that he can go to the babysitter and pick him up, and the babysitter raves about what a good and easy baby he is (which we already knew). We found out that my breastmilk has excess lipase in it, so we have about 200 oz of frozen milk in the freezer that we have to dump So that's a bummer.

I'm glad I only work 24 hours a day because I'd go insane if I had to work 40 hours.

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
Old 12-01-2007, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
Anybody have recommendations for a good manual pump, I have an electric pump but the one time I used it it gave me "hickies". I'm not looking for anything too expensive but I wanted to donate milk for mighty mama and use it for when Liam starts solids.
i use the avent manual hand pump. really simple cheap, and it gets the job done. works for me, but i know some people are picky about their pumps. my breasts respond really well to it and i get 4-5 ounces when i pump 'instead' of feeding (when i'm at work).

i also like that it works with any of their storage containers and their bottles.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Katie, I'd recommend the Medela Harmony. I have the Swing, which is an electric, which I LOVE. It has some similar features to the Harmony, which I've also heard great things about. Benefits to the Harmony over Avent: Harmony is cheaper; Medela is the only pump manufacturer that uses ONLY safe plastics; the handle on the Harmony can turn 360° and still work - whereas the Avent has to be in one position.

HTH!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
I'm not sure what's going on with Liam's hair, its getting longer but doesn't seem very thick. He's bald on the sides as well from sleeping on the mattress. Its almost like he has a baby mullet because the back is almost 2 inches long and the top is thin

I use the medela harmony and find it works well for me. The LC at the hospital gave me larger flanges (I think that's what you call the part that goes over the nipple), b/c the standard size didn't fit right on me. So, it is adjustable in that way. Gotta go . . . diaper duty.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaE View Post
Today is my second day back to work I miss my little boy terribly. Yesterday was rough - I cried and cried, and whenever someone asked me about the baby, I'd start crying again. But today is a little better. DH has been getting off work a bit earlier so that he can go to the babysitter and pick him up, and the babysitter raves about what a good and easy baby he is (which we already knew). We found out that my breastmilk has excess lipase in it, so we have about 200 oz of frozen milk in the freezer that we have to dump So that's a bummer.

I'm glad I only work 24 hours a day because I'd go insane if I had to work 40 hours.
what does this mean? lipase? how did you find out? how are you remedying it? do tell.

i'm so sorry you have to miss your little one. i work from home four days a week and have to go into the office on saturdays. walking out the door is the hardest!

Old 12-01-2007, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post
what does this mean? lipase? how did you find out? how are you remedying it? do tell.

i'm so sorry you have to miss your little one. i work from home four days a week and have to go into the office on saturdays. walking out the door is the hardest!
nak... Curious, too, and just found this:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/l...essedmilk.html

I have found in the past that my milk seemed to turn/change quickly, and heard what amounted to rumors that something of the sort could be happening. So far no problems with baby taking the milk this time tho!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:54 PM

I saw the medela harmony while shopping a while ago, it was on sale for $24 so I probably should have bought it then, I think I may either buy it on Amazon or get it from this medical supply store here where I live, I'm sure I can get a good deal on it there.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 12-01-2007, 11:50 PM

hey hey, we've got a december thread!!!

User Tag List