May 2007 Mamas ~ It's November! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Grains vent- yesterday I was thoroughly irritated with the mom of the kid that I tutor. She was trying to feed Kayleigh stuff all night. I consented to a mandarin orange slice (peeled) because we've done citrus with no problem, but then she started trying to push wheat. I said no thanks, we aren't doing wheat yet, she's barely eating anything and she pulls out Premium Plus crackers and says oh, well, these are WHITE, not wheat. Um, hello? They are the worst kind of wheat, refined and bleached and :Puke anyways (sorry to offend anyone that eats them!) ugh, the ignorance though, white is still wheat, geeeez. Then she goes on to tell me about how HER kids were eating everything at 6 months and I should just feed her everything and blah blah blah. thank goodness the session was over, I just got the heck outta there!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 02:50 AM

LOL about white not being wheat. what does she think it's made of, then, tissue paper??

yeah I believe in the moon-cycles/energy connection too--not so much with tiredness vs. vigor, but things like the waxing moon being a good time for things of increase (making money, new friendships etc), the new moon being a time of new beginings, etc. it might be moon cycles + sun cycle right now--both are at times of "hibernation" so to speak.....

but seriously I think I might just be low on iron or something I need to take my flaxseed more often, and AF is about to whallop me too, I can feel it

I have an inordinate amount of veggies and fruits in my house right now--we are both trying to edge toward an eat-to-live style diet. my dh made up an oil-free dressing from scratch today, and it was so good we ate two entire heads of lettuce between us! He used my mortar and pestle (that I mostly just bought for pretties ) and ground up a bunch of spices together, then based that in salad vinegar and a dash of sugar. i am always in awe of his ablilty to make foods that taste good--i severly lack that... i've cut back majorly on the soda too, I am proud to say I had a bottle of pepsi today, first time in like 3 days--that's a big deal for me! I had a withdrawal headache for like a week and a half! :

sigh. trying to lose weight and eat healthy is so hard to do when it's cold outside and what i really want to do is bake cookies and make fudge and, well, you know about the holidays

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#423 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 AM

So I've crossed over to the dark side ~diaper-swappers~ : :
Seriously I should have found this 4 years ago Well maybe not with all the money I'm spending. Now if only some would buy my things for sale
Everyone here is just now recovering for a horrific sickness. I cant believe how bad this so called 'cold' wiped us out. I'm still not well but can function not.
So now that were cloth diapering almost 100% of the time and I'm a babywearing machine (plug~have an eden for sale) who hasn't feed her baby solids and are still co sleeping to the horror of my extended family... I'm a 'hippy' So funny how people will act when they see you with a wrap.
So to keep up the the thread we haven't done any solids yet. I don't intend to for a while. My dc seem to take there time with things and ashlyn isn't sitting up or showing any interest in food... she loves mommy milk
Anyway just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing :

Mommy to Two
#424 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 AM

Seb had his 6m WBV yesterday.. he is 20 in long and almost 16 lbs. He looks so much bigger than that to me, I think the scale is off, lol.

Solids- Yeah, we give him stuff on our plate when we eat any kind of food that is mash-able. He feeds himself a lot too, while I keep a close eye on him.

Firemomma- Welcome to the dark side, lol. I really don't need to buy any more diapers, I have a decent stash and very low on money. I am glad I've gotten the stuff that I have, but I still stalk the DS thread daily! : I just have one more thing to get... some good covers (BSWW)

I am not sure where to post this, but I am having serious hormonal imbalances and have turned into UBER-B*tch! A couple nights abo I blew up at DH for using the wrong diaper! (And because I keep feeling like he has selective hearing)

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#425 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Seb had his 6m WBV yesterday.. he is 20 in long and almost 16 lbs. He looks so much bigger than that to me, I think the scale is off, lol.
Those numbers seem a little off to me... I know my 'little' girl is on the large side, but she's 28.5" long, so 20" seems a little small? Kayleigh was 22" at birth. And she was 20lbs last week, which is a little lighter than "average" for her length. Just curious...

#426 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Seb had his 6m WBV yesterday.. he is 20 in long and almost 16 lbs.
i bet you meant to hit "9" and hit "0" instead huh??

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#427 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 10:43 AM

A bit of a subject change from solids but I'm just wondering how everyone else's babies are doing with sleep...??? Particularly night time sleep... it has been sort of bad around here lately. She is napping less during the day which from what I read on babycenter : is normal, like 2 x 1.5 hour naps. But at night...man...it seems like every night is worse. I swear she must have woken up every 45 mins. last night. We co-sleep so it's "not that bad" I just latch her and drift off again. So I mean when it's like that every 2-3 hours not so bad, but it's getting to the point of absurdity now. I can't help but start questioning whether I should be doing something different... trying to get her to sleep on her own I don't know. Ugh...
#428 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
A bit of a subject change from solids but I'm just wondering how everyone else's babies are doing with sleep...??? Particularly night time sleep... it has been sort of bad around here lately. She is napping less during the day which from what I read on babycenter : is normal, like 2 x 1.5 hour naps. But at night...man...it seems like every night is worse. I swear she must have woken up every 45 mins. last night. We co-sleep so it's "not that bad" I just latch her and drift off again. So I mean when it's like that every 2-3 hours not so bad, but it's getting to the point of absurdity now. I can't help but start questioning whether I should be doing something different... trying to get her to sleep on her own I don't know. Ugh...
Kermit did this a couple weeks ago, it lasted for maybe two weeks. I was getting so worried, like maybe I was doing bedtime wrong, maybe he didn't want to co-sleep any more, and I was super grouchy from waking up every half hour. But now he's back to normal (waking up every 2-3 hours to nurse) which is wonderful. And I don't know if this is related or not, but now I can see that he has little teeth waiting to pop through, so..

Any other LOs that LOVE the kitties (or doggies)? Kermit talks to our cats and touches them whenever he can. Thankfully they're so desperate for attention they'll let him pull on them. It's really cute though, because he'll see them from a distance and say "Hey." and smile his biggest smile.
#429 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 12:40 PM

Okay, those one-size diapers are DEFINITELY going to the emergency kit. I tried out a Prowrap with a Snappi-ed birdseye flat (burp cloth ), flannel doubler (also burp cloth my mom made from multiple layers of flannel because she thought it was older and thin - not so much after washing ), and one of the hemp inserts from the one-size diapers - probably way overkill, but we were going out of the house. It was fabulous.

Today he is wearing the equivalent of a prefold inside a BSWW - an old towel ripped to prefold size with a slightly smaller piece of towel trifolded for extra. We're out of Huggies and out of $$ and out of time to sew .
#430 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM

How resourcefull EFPookie!
I am in love with flat diapers now that I figured out how to fold them efficiently. I've used receiving blankets as flat diaps too. They are nice and soft, though the snappi is less grabby on flannel than on terry or bird's eye. I think I may have to make some terry doubler/inserts for the flats. That's a good idea--it will contain poop much better.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#431 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Just popping on here to say Goodbye Mamas! I am off on my retreat tomorrow morning and will be back at the end of December... I will think of you all and the wonderful supportive woman power we have created here, and be inspired by you all! Until I return, take care of yourselves and blessings for a beautiful month!

I'll catch up in January!
:

Grace Comes.

#432 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 01:50 PM

Ha, you guys are funny, I was getting frustrated with my pre-folds being the wrong size and having to tri-fold them anyways a inserts for my pockets that I've also recently switched to flats. They really aren't all that bad.
Oh crap, I hear a diaper being filled with a LOT of poop, back later!!

#433 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:

I am not sure where to post this, but I am having serious hormonal imbalances and have turned into UBER-B*tch! A couple nights abo I blew up at DH for using the wrong diaper! (And because I keep feeling like he has selective hearing)
That does seem a little short. Kade was 28 1/2 in long on Tues at his WBV. I'm not sure about the hormonal imbalances, that's weird...I keep feeling these anger impulses(that's the best way I can think to describe them) every once in a while. I kept thinking it was because I'm tired, but then I woke up to AF this morning.

Quote:
Kade was doing this last week. I would try to nurse him and he would SCREAM at me! Maybe it's a growth spurt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Just popping on here to say Goodbye Mamas! I am off on my retreat tomorrow morning and will be back at the end of December... I will think of you all and the wonderful supportive woman power we have created here, and be inspired by you all! Until I return, take care of yourselves and blessings for a beautiful month!

:
I hope you have a good time!!
#434 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Those numbers seem a little off to me... I know my 'little' girl is on the large side, but she's 28.5" long, so 20" seems a little small? Kayleigh was 22" at birth. And she was 20lbs last week, which is a little lighter than "average" for her length. Just curious...
Oops I meant 27 inches, lol. I don't know where the "0" came from! I must have been tired.

Quote:
When Seb popped his first tooth he was waking up screaming every hour during the night, and now he is doing it again. So, I'd think she is teething!

Quote:

:
We'll miss you Baraka!!! Have a good time at your retreat!

#435 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
When Seb popped his first tooth he was waking up screaming every hour during the night, and now he is doing it again. So, I'd think she is teething! !
Maybe... both her bottom teeth have popped out in the past couple weeks... the second one just a couple days ago... so it's still just barely through... maybe it still hurts? Hrmph. I think I read somewhere that babies start sleeping better when they are 3 years old and aren't teething any more. :

I've used flats/flannel blankets folded up in a wrap in a pinch. I don't even know how to fold them "properly" I just fold them so that they'll fit in the wrap. Didn't really take very long or anything, I don't think.

Have fun Baraka!
#436 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM

Only have a minute - but I just had the scariest diaper experience!!!

I heard Glory poop so I went to change her and her diaper was full of dark, thready things - it was a shocking sight! My first thought was the banana she tried last night (after I stared at them long enough to see if any of the threads were moving...) so I googled "infant poop banana threads" and found a plethora of reassurance. *SIGH OF RELIEF*

Any other weird starting solids/changing poop stories?
#437 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 04:31 PM

Lizzy~I also meant to add that I think selective hearing runs in the family
#438 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
Lizzy~I also meant to add that I think selective hearing runs in the family

#439 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
How resourcefull EFPookie!
I am in love with flat diapers now that I figured out how to fold them efficiently. I've used receiving blankets as flat diaps too. They are nice and soft, though the snappi is less grabby on flannel than on terry or bird's eye. I think I may have to make some terry doubler/inserts for the flats. That's a good idea--it will contain poop much better.
Now I know what to do with the stacks of unused recieving blankets sitting in dd's closet!!!

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#440 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 PM

You ladies are hard to keep up with! I've been having a hard time getting onto the computer much in the last few months. We just gave Kylie her first few tastes of real food a few days ago. She's been getting hysterical during dinner trying to grab at our plates and forks for several weeks. I've been holding off, not really wanting to give into solids yet. But grandma came for thanksgiving and what do you know...over the course of the weekend that grandma was here, kylie has tried banana, avocado, sweet potatoes and even a whole-wheat roll!! I got pretty mad when I saw my mom giving her some bread! I had to put my foot down on that one for sure! My mom is so old fashioned

I think that Kylie is totally going to follow in her sister's footsteps (literally) and start walking by 8 months. She is cruising now. Using every possible surface to help her pull herself up to standing and walking. Katelynn took her first unassisted step at 8 months and 4 days, but didn't start crawling and cruising until 7 months. It was like she went straight from crawling to walking. Kylie has been crawling for a month already, so I'm scared that she might start walking really really soon! Can you imagine a 7 month old walking??? Oh god, I hope not.

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#441 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Eaglevoice, I've been thinking about you lately :, I'm glad you had a chance to check in. Do you still see Navymommy at all?
Someone in my local LLL group had a baby who started walking at 7 mo : It's nutz.

~laura
#442 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 PM

I'm now on PBS under Synchro246 be my buddy ladies :

~laura
#443 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
A bit of a subject change from solids but I'm just wondering how everyone else's babies are doing with sleep...??? Particularly night time sleep... it has been sort of bad around here lately.
Livy's been having more trouble than usual getting to sleep at night. I think it's teething related, but I dunno. Once she's asleep, she sleeps for at least four hours though.

Quote:

:
I'm jealous! Have a great time!

I'm going to see if I can go snowboarding for my birthday this Saturday. It's become tradition. My sister offered to pay for a room. I could get Benji on a pair of skis. The hill we'd go to has a conveyor belt on the bunny hill. He would love it. I just don't know how I'll swing it with my little nursling.

Quote:
I can relate. Last week I told my husband he's lazy and that I hate him. : We typically don't fight at all, so this was really, really out of character. Two days later, I had spotting that I attributed to AF. Thankfully, my husband forgave me and didn't hold it over my head that I was so awful to him.
#444 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 10:19 PM

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that DH and I got to go on a date last Saturday!!! We went out for fajitas and saw a movie AT THE MOVIE THEATER! We hadn't done that in over 18mo (the theater, not the date).

Livy has had a bit of banana in the baby safe feeder. She grimaces and then gnaws on it like crazy. It's like she's thinking, "What is this slimy tastiness?!" She's also had a tiny bite of squash and a tiny bite of sweet potato. Oh, and my mom let her suck on a piece of fresh pineapple the other day, too. I wasn't thrilled about that, but it could have been a lot worse.

Oh, and whoever posted the Grain Rant, I can so relate. Benjamin got wheat thins at the gym daycare twice in a row despite the fact that I've told them he has a corn allergy. It's like if it doesn't say CORN on the front of the box, it must not have corn. :
#445 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 10:47 PM

a few thoughts as i skimmed the busy thread today....

tiredness ~ i've noticed that with each of my 3 kids, the 6 month mark has been an especially tough one. i was just telling a friend of mine that my body must be good-to-go with minimal rest/sleep for 6 months & then i hit a wall. i started having panic attacks when dd2 was 6 months & lately i've been feeling depressed & anxious again. i think this is a growth spurt time & the LOs wake up more often in the night & they don't want to sleep during the day because they're discovering how fun life is! it makes for an exhausting combination.

walking ~ ezra's going to be an early walker, too. i think it's such a fun stage & i really believe that learning escalates exponentially when they start walking because their world becomes SO huge. dd1 started walking at 7.5 months & stopped crawling altogether at 8 months & a week. by 15 months she had a 70 word vocabulary! (i kept track one day....carried a pen & paper with me & wrote down everything she said independently from being prompted). maybe i'm way off base but this was my experience. dd2 walked at an average age & seems to be learning at an average pace, as well. but....i'm not a behavioural scientist. i also believe, though, that it all evens out in late toddlerhood/preschool age. mobility just seems to be a big factor in opening up new worlds of learning for the little ones. this is why i get so frustrated when people talk about "holding their kids back" from crawling & walking because it's too difficult for them to keep up. grrrr.....

stephanie asl.gif

#446 of 465 Old 11-29-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I was thinking growth spurt or teething. We've had about 3 months straight of not very good sleep. Then last night Lexie slept in the Arm's Reach until 4 a.m. You would think I would have gotten some good sleep, but no, I woke up panicking at least 4 times thinking something was wrong with her. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 View Post
Only have a minute - but I just had the scariest diaper experience!!!

I heard Glory poop so I went to change her and her diaper was full of dark, thready things - it was a shocking sight! My first thought was the banana she tried last night (after I stared at them long enough to see if any of the threads were moving...) so I googled "infant poop banana threads" and found a plethora of reassurance. *SIGH OF RELIEF*

Any other weird starting solids/changing poop stories?
We have just barely started solids, but with DD1 Spinach was the weirdest thing. Oh and blueberries are pretty odd too. The dipes get stained black!

And for all the cloth diaper mamas, I am loving diaper traders. Not a great FSOT, but a bunch of friendly mamas!
#447 of 465 Old 11-30-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I'm now on PBS under Synchro246 be my buddy ladies :
Oh, I joined last week, too. I've already sent out 4 books and I have 6 more ready to mail. I'm fionerbean if anyone wants to be my buddy.
#448 of 465 Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 AM

OK... I joined PBS too.. I am LizzyQ there as well

#449 of 465 Old 11-30-2007, 05:56 AM

I swear there must be something wrong w/ me b/c once again I typed a long reply and its GONE!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

So I'll just be quick...

Firemama--welcome to the dark side!! LOL I got sooo addicted to DS that I've made myself stay off there for the last week or so. It made me crazy w/ all the stuff I "had" to have!! LOL I "had" to have so much that now I need to sell off my excess.

Kristen-Thats very frustrating that she tried to give her the crackers! Some people just don't think.

Jen-Its soooooooooooooooooooooo good to see you around here again! I can't imagine a little one walking now..: Heck I'm not even ready for crawling. LOL

Baraka have a great time and I can't wait to hear all about your get away.

I read all the time maybe I need to join the PBS too...???

Elise is now 7mths old.: and my oldest just turned 14 on Monday:. I'm feeling very old! LOL Elise has 2 teeth now and is getting ready to crawl any day now. She is such a happy happy baby. Just a joyful baby that is until you put her in the carseat, she HATES it. She is doin gbetter now that we put her in the convertible car seat but not by much.
#450 of 465 Old 11-30-2007, 05:58 AM

Laura,

I've been meaning to post on the swaps board but I'm too lazy to go there tonight. LOL

I'm soo glad that you liked the chap stick and the necklace. The necklace was the find at the co-op. It just screamed that you needed it so I'm sooo glad that you like it and are wearing it.

Take care and enjoy. :-)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page