Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't worry Heidi, I didn't take it as "Move your dang request" not to worry

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#182 of 465 Old 11-10-2007, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh, my word, Kristen, I am super close to Baroda! PM'ing you.
#183 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 02:28 AM

ok, I totally forgot this morning that I did too have news! DH and I are engaged to get really officially married, finally!

And just now Kayleigh rolled from her back to her tummy and looked SO proud. Up until now I'd only seen her roll from tummy to back so it very well may have been the first time. I've got all the blankets stripped off the kingsize bed (except the fitted sheet) and she's rolling around and squirming and just generally moving and hopefully tiring herself out! It's 9:30pm and my little night owl has been going to bed at 10pm the last week or so.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#184 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today Kiran has been scooting backwards a little, it's the most mobility we've seen yet.
#185 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
ok, I totally forgot this morning that I did too have news! DH and I are engaged to get really officially married, finally!

\
Congratulations!
#186 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 12:42 PM

I am totally feeling AF is making her way back I am really crampy and turned into SuperB*tch! I am not really for this :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#187 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 02:03 PM

congratz kristen!!!

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

#188 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

That's great - congrats!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#189 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Cheers! Did you set a date?

#190 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
A friend told me today that early mobility is sometimes a sign of allergies! So now I'm all freaked out about that. It's always something, right? If your kid isn't moving early you're freaked out, if they are, now I guess you also freak out! Ah, motherhood. Can't beat the guilt.
I believe this to be true in some cases, but for the most part not. My son (the one w/ the corn allergy) rolled over *really* early, something like 9 weeks. BUT, it wasn't like he had the desire to be mobile, it was more like he was uncomfortable in his own skin and trying to escape. When we discovered the cause of his allergy and made sure he got no more corn derived stuffs, he stopped rolling! Being a first time mom and seeing him revert to not rolling really caused me to worry, but in retrospect I see that he was just plain more content. I'm sure your little guy is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
one more thing....i haven't posted in a while so i'm chatty....i'm becoming more & more leery of the public/any school system & really think i want to hs/unschool but dh would NEVER agree to that. dd1 is only 4 yrs old so i have a few months to process all this but i'm starting to become anxious thinking about it. any advise? books for dh to read? as i've mentioned, he's a public school educator so he'll be a tought one to win over.
What aspect of HSing do you think he will have the most reservations about? For most people it it's the socializing thing. A lot of people have the notion that homeschoolers are maladjusted, anti-social, humorless kids. If that's the case, try visiting a homeschooling group and meeting some of the families.

Exercising has been a huge mood booster for me. Hubby and I played racquetball last Friday. Afterward, I was commenting on how nice it was to act like an adult but my husband pointed out that it was actually nice to act like children. I had to admit he had a point.

I've decided that the cramping and occasional spotting is ovulation. The only reason i think so is because I have a lot more breastmilk which I remember experiencing during ovulation after my son was born.
#191 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 08:19 PM

Wow! A few days and I've already misseds a lot. We went to NH for a few daysand just got back tonight.

Selena, don't even think about the package. I hope things are going better for you.

Megan, how awesome that the workshop got such great publicity. I can't wait to hear how many people show up to learn about BWing.

Congratulations, Kristen! Great news. Your care package went out in the mail on Thursday, so should be there soon.

Thanks to everyone who posted about the jumperoos. Still haven't decided what we'll do, but I appreciate the input.

Baraka, how was your troupe's show?

Looking forward to catching up some more.

treehugger.gif
#192 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Don't worry Heidi, I didn't take it as "Move your dang request" not to worry
I am so glad.

Quote:
Congratulations.

Megan how did the class go?

Heidi
#193 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 11:36 PM

Just had to share...over the last week Rigel learned to pull up, cruise and crawl. Life is getting a lot more interesting with lots of baby proofing ot be done. It's so fun to watch their little personalities emerge!
#194 of 465 Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhorai View Post
Just had to share...over the last week Rigel learned to pull up, cruise and crawl. Life is getting a lot more interesting with lots of baby proofing ot be done. It's so fun to watch their little personalities emerge!
how fun.

Heidi
#195 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 09:26 AM

heidi, thanks for the k12 info. (the link didn't work but i easily googled it).

ashley, good idea to meet other hs'd kids. i've recently joined a local API group & one family homeschools which, i agree, is good for dh to see because they are fabulous kids! a few other families with preschoolers are contemplating the idea which, again, is good for dh to see because we live in a high taxed, good district area so he thinks it would be nuts to hs....but peer pressure works for the better sometimes.

kristen, congrats on the engagement!! is there a date set? big ceremony plans?

megan, how was your babywearing class?

baraka, your show this weekend?

we've been so incredibly busy & it just doesn't slow down this time of year. can i just blurb my busy-ness for a minute? i am involved in 3 groups that have monthly meetings....API, my small group at church & a homeopathic study group. we're also hosting thanksgiving this year, i'm hosting a cookie exchange for church, volunteering at ten thousand villages for a pre-holiday sale, dd2's birthday is 12/21 so we're having a party on the 15th & then it's christmas!? this crazy schedule doesn't even include any holiday parties which i'm definitely not hosting but i'd like to be invited to a few. thankfully the kids enjoy people & thrive in active settings (if they're well rested & fed) and dh & i love to entertain & socialize...but just looking at my calendar gives me anxiety. like always, though, i'm sure it will be much less benign than it looks on paper.

for those of you who celebrate christmas, do you have any cool family traditions? i've finally "dictated" a schedule so that we see dh's family on christmas eve & my family on christmas afternoon/evening so that we have christmas morning all to ourselves. i'd love to start a few fun & interesting traditions but...i grew up in a family that always traveled for the holidays so i have nothing to borrow or fall back on!?

stephanie asl.gif

#196 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 12:46 PM

CONGRATS Kristen!!! That's wonderful news!!!

Ah Mamas! The shows were Amazing this weekend! It was just the most fun I've had in a long time and it felt like the perfect integration of myself as artist and myself as Mama... we raised I think about 4000 $$ for victims of sexual assault. That feels great! And a woman wants to purchase a spoken word/hip hop piece I created about the post-modern goddess or maybe purchase use of my voice for recording! It was healing being with the other women in my troupe and bringing the sacred feminine to the public.... ahhhh I am still soaking in all of the love of the weekend! It was just perfect and I can't wait for more!

Re: Holiday celebrations.... we celebrate the "return of the light"... on winter solstice. The astrological moment during the year that we move from the shortest day into the returning of daylight. We makes a big bonfire and after having contemplated on what we want to create for the upcoming year, we release our intentions by throwing our written desires into the fire. I also always make a big feast and we have a tree. This year, because of the retreat, we will host a big celebration on the 30th. We are also thinking of having a big community potluck in our studio on New Years Day.

One more bit of news/muse...
Akasha is crawling in earnest now! She's been a big mover for so long, but this weekend I saw her take her first knee/opposite arm crawl across the room. She has been very happy and laughing a lot. I think she is excited about her new freedom and mobility.

Grace Comes.

#197 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richella View Post
She's also already psychically picking up what Kiran wants. I've begun taking her seriously whenever she says, "I think Kiran wants _________." It's almost always right.
drop My niece did this yesterday with Elisabeth. She carried the little potty, like a BBLP, over to my MIL, so my MIL put E on it and she pooped. she's been kinda reluctant to try EC, says I'm the expert, but it worked for her! I was thrilled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
Claire is officially sick with her first cold, and let me just take this moment to say how ICKY it is to nurse a snotty-nosed child!
E's had a runny nose, woke up crying a jillion times because she couldn't breathe. i'm sorry for Claire, I haven't seen any boob boogies from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
What aspect of HSing do you think he will have the most reservations about? For most people it it's the socializing thing. A lot of people have the notion that homeschoolers are maladjusted, anti-social, humorless kids. If that's the case, try visiting a homeschooling group and meeting some of the families.
I was homeschooled. I am glad. I am such a non-conformist, I like to think anyway.

Congratulations, Kristen!

What is IRL?

My best friend has done belly-dancing, and I tried it, man, that's hard work!

Cool having a class, Megan, I hope it went well. Gotta go.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#198 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM

IRL - in real life

DD really knows what DS wants, too, it's very cool!

DS (born May 2) is sitting - it's so cute!, but doesn't like to put weight on his arms, so no sign of crawling yet. His arms are very strong, he just doesn't use them to support his weight. He sooo wants to eat, but seems to still have the tongue thrust, so we'll just continue trying every week or so.

DD 8 and DS 4 ribbonorange.gif

#199 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

The class was great - some happy babywearers out there now People brought carriers thay are struggling with & I helped them use them Felt good to share the AP love.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#200 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM

Maggie has almost outgrown her hat. I want to get her a cool hat not just some plain Jane hat. Anyone have any suggestions where to look?

Heidi
#201 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
CONGRATS Kristen and DP!!!!!!!!!!!! When is the big day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I am totally feeling AF is making her way back I am really crampy and turned into SuperB*tch! I am not really for this :
i'm sorry, its no fun to get her back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhorai View Post
I'm sooo not ready for this! LOL Its so very fun watching these babies do new things every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebaraka View Post
Ah Mamas! The shows were Amazing this weekend! It was just the most fun I've had in a long time and it felt like the perfect integration of myself as artist and myself as Mama... we raised I think about 4000 $$ for victims of sexual assault. That feels great! And a woman wants to purchase a spoken word/hip hop piece I created about the post-modern goddess or maybe purchase use of my voice for recording! It was healing being with the other women in my troupe and bringing the sacred feminine to the public.... ahhhh I am still soaking in all of the love of the weekend! It was just perfect and I can't wait for more!

One more bit of news/muse...
Akasha is crawling in earnest now! She's been a big mover for so long, but this weekend I saw her take her first knee/opposite arm crawl across the room. She has been very happy and laughing a lot. I think she is excited about her new freedom and mobility.
Oh, I'm soo very happy that it went so well for everyone involved. How very exciting that you got to raise so much money for so many that truly need it! GOOD JOB SWEETIE!!!
How exciting that Akasha is crawling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
The class was great - some happy babywearers out there now People brought carriers thay are struggling with & I helped them use them Felt good to share the AP love.
YIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that the class went so good and you got to spread the AP love!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post
Maggie has almost outgrown her hat. I want to get her a cool hat not just some plain Jane hat. Anyone have any suggestions where to look?
There is this great store in LaConner that has some great hats! I'll have to see if I can find the website for you.

In my news.....
Elise has started tasting foods. She is sharing a organic pear w/ me right now and loving it! She really just sucks on it but she is getting lots of juice.
I think that I've become a CD'ing MONSTER!! LOL I started counting last night b/c there was another "lot" I wanted to buy but I thought I should count to see how many I have coming. Y'all I STOPPED counting at FORTY:!!! I think I have a problem! ROFLOL Elise is MUCH happier in CD's. We are getting used to them but they are GREAT!
#202 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
In my news.....
Elise has started tasting foods. She is sharing a organic pear w/ me right now and loving it! She really just sucks on it but she is getting lots of juice.
I think that I've become a CD'ing MONSTER!! LOL I started counting last night b/c there was another "lot" I wanted to buy but I thought I should count to see how many I have coming. Y'all I STOPPED counting at FORTY:!!! I think I have a problem! ROFLOL Elise is MUCH happier in CD's. We are getting used to them but they are GREAT!
I am always on DS, but I just have 2 FB, and I am getting 2 more AIOs in the mail, one swaddlebees and one more FB too. I will probably only get about 5 more after that.

#203 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

I am cranky today. Not sure why, just feel sort of cranky. I got out or dyed wool and took out my cranky feelings on making some felted woll balls. DH came home and was like "who are all these balls for?" and I had to explain I have nothing to do with them, I just needed to make something!

#204 of 465 Old 11-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Wow - I didn't come here for a few days and I missed so much! Congrats Kristen and Baraka and Megan!

My kids have had runny noses and a bit of a cough and stuff, so I've been on mom duty tons. They have both been going to bed super early, and getting up really early which is so opposite of my normal pattern. It's sweet when my daughter NEEDS me so much, though. In between she is whining, her ears are stuffed up so she really truly CAN'T hear me (as opposed to just ignoring me LOL), and cranky but then she looks at me and says "Mom, can you rock me?"

Henry is just sweetness all the time. He is all over the place and pulling up on stuff like crazy. Scary sometimes because he's hit his head a few times on the coffee table and on the TV cabinet. His top two teeth popped through last night. Yesterday he was shoving his face into everything trying to push them back in I think. So, five teeth now! He's just making me feel like time's speeding up and speeding up FAST!

I have tons of stuff to do. Better get to it.
#205 of 465 Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 AM

My babies are sick and my hubby is grumpy. I'm feeling ambitious. It's a mood clash and it's not fun.
#206 of 465 Old 11-13-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
My babies are sick and my hubby is grumpy. I'm feeling ambitious. It's a mood clash and it's not fun.
My hubby has PMS and is totally grumpy tonight too. Or maybe I have PMS and I'm taking everything he says and does personally. It could really go either way.
#207 of 465 Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Heidi, I've got a cute hat that someone gave that she said was from Tuesday Morning. It's a little small and stretchy, so it pops off easily, but very cute. I'm going to crochet a strap to just tuck under her chin when we put it on.

Elisabeth signed potty last night, or at least copied Daddy when he was signing and making the Psss sound! We had been at my IL's hunting, and last night right before we left, was pottying her, and she copied him and made a fist, had her thumb in her fist, don't know if she could get it sticking out right, it was amazing and cute. He called my name, and I thought something was wrong, he sounded so serious. We(me and MIL) went into the living room, and E smiled at us with her hands on her knees, then did it again. So my MIL got to see her do it too!

I got a beautiful buck, it was gorgeous weather for being outside, and and I processed the meat, we got 50 lbs packed and cut into roasts, steaks and cubed for stew or curries and in the freezer. We had at least 20 more lbs that we put in with my FIL's meat for sausage. He had a nice rack, (no, I'm not being naughty ) and was still young enough the meat was tender. I had gotten the Pampered Chef boning knife when I had my party, and woo-wee, it was so nice cutting with it. It was a very good weekend. And then I get home. . .

. . .and my box from Megan is here! Woohoo! So going to post about it.

#208 of 465 Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM

Maggirayne, if I had realized you were from ND, I would have stopped over on my way home from Billings, MT last month. Congrats on good hunting. Do you have any suggestions on cooking a venison roast? Is it the same as beef? I'm afraid it will taste too venisonish.

My children are little snot factories today. I'm the keeper-of-the-kleenexes. The snot-sucker-outter doesn't work very well. Just makes baby cry. Am I doing it wrong? I got three hours of sleep so my ambition is gone. I'm to lazy to even try to remember the real name for the snot-sucker-outter.
#209 of 465 Old 11-13-2007, 02:59 PM

I am going to try a roast today in the crock pot, actually! The last time I did it, I didn't like it--just put spices on it. My did buffalo roasts with the powdered onion soup. You can use mushroom soup, too. I like best to cube it and do stew, veggie soup, or curry.

It's a bulb syringe, you have to get the pointy part in the nostril far enough that there's no air around it, while holding it squeezed, then release and it sucks air/snot out. Possible while holding a wiggly _ mo old? Ha! Good luck. I'm trying to get her to blow when I hold a tissue up to her nose. Hey if she's learned to scrunch her nose up like I do when I smile, she can blow her nose!

Aww, that would have been super-cool to meet you. Well, the next time you go thru. . . do stop by, I'm right on the Interstate practically.

#210 of 465 Old 11-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
There is this great store in LaConner that has some great hats! I'll have to see if I can find the website for you.

In my news.....
Thanks we go to Lynden all the time so LaConner is right on the way.

That is funny about CD. We use disposable at night and all of my kids have let it be known they prefer cloth on their behind.

Heidi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page