June 2007 Mamas ~ Welcome to November - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2007, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ella is adorable! And so kissably chubby...don't you just love round little baby bits? We have a friend who is a semi-pro photographer (she did my pregnancy pictures, and family pictures when dd1 was about 8mo) and we're thinking that once all the crazy moving stuff is done we'll get some pics of all of us. I love casual shots (thank the gods for digital cameras and sites like flickr) but it's nice to have a few picture with everyone in them!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
My MIL has been in town 'helping' this week - she talks alot about CIO (in favor of) as well as formula and pushing solids (no word yet on whether bugs would count), and I think my tongue must be almost gone from me biting it so as not to say anything rude. You know what would mean so much to me? if a grandparent would actually say THANK YOU for bf and cosleeping and not leaving my little grandchild to cry herself to sleep. dream on.

Doesn't sound like much help! It's funny, your post got me thinking how odd my own mother/MIL relationships are on this. My mom, who I'm super close to, I tend to agree with on almost everything. She had both of her kids at home in the early 70s, natural births, and I had her present at my birth. She did babywearing (a homemade backpack) and homemade organic babyfood long before it was fashionable, didn't vaccinate us, and she breastfed us both. She skipped most baby "toys" for us in favor of homemade and found objects, and encouraged all sorts of wonderful, outdoors, imaginative, creative play. She's been way supportive of everything I'm doing - loves the idea of baby-led feeding, isn't into the typical grandparent deluge of toys (she hasn't given Willa a single one yet since she thinks boxes and wooden spoons are great toys at this age, but when she does I know they'll be good-quality wooden toys), thinks nursing in public is great, etc. But, she's in favor of CIO, and often is pretty disapproving about me "giving in" to things like nighttime feeding.
My MIL on the other hand, is totally opposed to CIO and never let either of her kids cry. But she thinks babywearing is weird, isn't too into breastfeeding and didn't nurse her own kids, adores spending all of the money she doesn't have on tons of plastic junk for her other older granddaughter (DH's niece) and I'm scared to death what she'll buy Willa. We haven't mentioned the baby-led feeding yet, but I know we'll have to deal with that one at Christmastime and she'll think it's incredibly bizarre and worry that Willa isn't having cereal.
Just funny how mixed-up things can be....
Old 11-30-2007, 08:16 PM

Gotta laugh at the bedtime/wake-up stories. I'm feeling much better about moving dd to her own bed at 14 weeks. When I checked on her last night, she was sound asleep but rolling around her crib like a dervish. Don't think DH or I could sleep with that going on
Old 11-30-2007, 10:13 PM

CJ, those pictures are adorable! I'm sure you will cherish them for years and years. I like the last one best, it is so cute.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 12-01-2007, 12:51 AM

Wombatclay -- snatched a bug out of the air, eh? Wow! What reflexes! I guess the paper plate doesn't seem so bad now.

acp -- and WIlla "cleaning" the sticks? eeeewwww!

CJ -- I can't believe how awesome your pictures are!! We either need a better camera, or should get some professional photos done as well. I can't get any close-ups with my camera. Those are GREAT!!!

All you working mamas...breathe a sigh of relief. The weekend is here!

Mom to :, , and :
Old 12-01-2007, 10:08 AM

Everyone send me good travel vibes, please!

We leave at 4:40 pm for our cross-country flight. It'll be A.'s first flight, and he's been teething something fierce lately.

Mom is flying with the boys and me, so it could be much, much worse, but I'm in crazed last-minute packing mode as of 4:30 am when I couldn't sleep another wink...

--willo
Old 12-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Willow-I'll be thinking about you this afternoon. Have fun! I hope the flight is short.

We got lucky today-we were supposed to spend the day at our local parade. It's a lot of fun but a really long day and the weather sucks. We have freezing rain, sleet, icy roads-the whole bit so the parade was cancelled. So now I have a whole day at home! DH and I are making homemade blueberry raspberry muffins for brunch. Yummmm!

My dad went crazy making wooden toys for Joseph already. He brought up 6 toys on wheels, a set of blocks, and a pull along caterpillar. We're having lots of fun with the toys, but I fear how many toys he's going to have if Grandpa keeps going at this rate! Thank goodness he's already made us a toybox!

There goes the timer!! Gotta run.

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
Old 12-01-2007, 02:36 PM

Good luck! I hope the flight is smooth, the teeth gentle, and the babe asleep!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 12-01-2007, 04:56 PM

Good luck on your trip Willo!

I should be doing my book review for school right now. I feel like such a little kid having to do a book review, the last one I did was in 5th grade! It is due to be orally presented on Monday At least it is a good book, I chose Attachment Parenting.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 12-01-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
At least it is a good book, I chose Attachment Parenting.
nice choice!

good luck willo. Happy travel vibes all around - I'm starting to dread the next few weeks...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 PM

Dec thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=802115

Because I always forget it is a new month and it takes me days to figure out where everyone went!

User Tag List