Footie pajamas? maybe? Sleeping clothes for infant/toddler. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2007, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that it is getting colder we dont put the baby to sleep half naked like we usually did. But she takes off her socks at night and then has them freezing and puts them underneath our bodies to warm them up. Nothing more interesting than waking up with tiny frozen feet underneath you. : Anyways, I was thinking of getting some footie sleeping pajamas but I cant find many above 12 months. We need 18 months and I dont want them to have the fire retardant stuff and I want them to be organic. Since I am not having much luck finding these without paying a small fortune for them do you suggest anything else for keeping her feet warm? Or if you know of a place that sells these mythical not 35 dollars each footed organic pajamas that would be nice too. We have the heater on already and the rest of her is fine, just her feet arent.
Thank you!!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2007, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have found footed pyjamas up to size 4, I think -- but they're the kind that you can flip open if you don't want the feet. I find that those ones tend to be less comfortable as footed pjs. The brand is Snugabye. Not organic, though, and I have no clue about the fire retardant stuff. I think I bought all of ours second hand.

If you have been able to find affordable organic non-footed pjs, you might try finding some comfy socks and sewing them on.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post
I have found footed pyjamas up to size 4, I think -- but they're the kind that you can flip open if you don't want the feet. I find that those ones tend to be less comfortable as footed pjs. The brand is Snugabye. Not organic, though, and I have no clue about the fire retardant stuff. I think I bought all of ours second hand.

If you have been able to find affordable organic non-footed pjs, you might try finding some comfy socks and sewing them on.
what is this "sewing" thing you speak of?? :

thanks for that suggestion i think I might see if I can have one of my friends to that for me since I wouldnt dare try to sew something stretchy like socks. I am sure I would ruin it. I will look at Snugabye and see what they have that might work for us. Thank you.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

Old 11-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

Found these on Ebay--2 for $30, plus shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Organic-Cotton-2...QQcmdZViewItem

This is for only one piece, I think:

Ecobaby--24 mos--1 footie sleeper...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-ECOBABY-ORGA...QQcmdZViewItem

(I did an ebay search for footie pajamas organic) and then just looked at the list for the right size.)
Old 11-04-2007, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanelles View Post
Found these on Ebay--2 for $30, plus shipping...

This is for only one piece, I think:

Ecobaby--24 mos--1 footie sleeper...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-ECOBABY-ORGA...QQcmdZViewItem

(I did an ebay search for footie pajamas organic) and then just looked at the list for the right size.)

this is what happens when you are sleep deprived, i totally forgot about ebay!!
thank you!

Old 11-04-2007, 04:40 PM

These are not organic, but Carters makes cotton footed pj's for up to 24 months that are snug fitting so no chemicals on them.

Jill stillheart.gif Chris (7/96), mommy to 3 sweet redheads: jumpers.gif Matthew autismribbon.gif (12/02), Michelle (8/05) and Marissa (1/10). Nursing since 2002.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:49 PM

not organic but Carters and children's place both have cotton footed pj's ( at least at the outlets they do i believe up to 4 t

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 11-04-2007, 04:52 PM

And the Children's Place ones don't have the fire retardant on them...

Diana. Wife and partner to Jon since 11/04. Home-birthing, natural milky momma to Katie Annalie - 08/06 and Evan Frederick - 06/09
grouphug.gif

designer/manufacturer of: http://www.onyababy.com

Old 11-04-2007, 05:20 PM

Children's Place ones are 25 Dollars for 3 PJs, good price if you ask me, not organic though - as mentioned already.

joy.gif
Old 11-04-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma-d View Post
And the Children's Place ones don't have the fire retardant on them...
: we live in the land of the cold so footie PJ's are everywhere. I like Carters.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:33 PM

Try looking at a Ross if you have one near you. I was just looking at some today they had carters, and I almost bought a pair but couldn't remember about the retardants...

I've been putting ds in the just one year long johns from Target. No feet, but they're tight and hold socks on pretty well. Also, I have 3 now of the Osh Kosh one piece sweatsuits. They zip up the front and have a hood, again, no feet, but they hold socks on okay. two are sweats & one is fleece.

hth!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies!
i will look at carters and ross!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 PM

What about tights under regular non-footie pj's? She wouldn't be able to get the "socks" off that way! Bonus, she stays extra warm.

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 11-04-2007, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

do you mean tights with little feet? i cant find those either..

Old 11-04-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almadianna View Post
do you mean tights with little feet? i cant find those either..
Regular tights wouldn't have any flame retardant in them, as they are not meant as sleepwear. Organic tights might be harder to find. Just a quick google search brought up:

http://www.roundbelly.com/kidstights.html

http://www.tightsonline.com/product....ic+Tights&id=4

http://www.lalanatural.com/Sternlein...wooltights.htm

http://www.naturewearorganics.com/in...roducts_id=152

Some of these are somewhat reasonable, and some are pretty pricey. Depend's on what you are looking for. I have actually been thinking about getting some tights for DS to wear to bed under his jammies, as he is so tall that it is getting hard to find footed one piece pj's that are long enough that he doesn't swim in around his middle.

Personally I would feel comfortable putting conventional tights on him, as the organic ones seem to be very pricey. If I found some organics that I could afford though, I would consider buying them. Tights aren't marketed as sleepwear, so no flame retardants, so they are not quite as freaky as conventional pj's. Good luck!

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

fabulous idea!.. thank you pumpkin_pie!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone have any links to articles about the flame retardant stuff? I hadn't heard to much about it before this thread.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 11-05-2007, 01:30 AM

:

Elizabeth, mom to two beautiful boys and wife to my handsome hubby!
Old 11-05-2007, 11:25 AM

Hey, I just had an idea. I am in a Frontier coop, and realized that you can get organic tights in size 12-24 months for $11. Way cheap for organic. Maybe you could get in on a December coop and find some for your babe. I am doing this for not ordering a pair for DS. I want them for keeping little legs warm when the pants ride up on cold days.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post
Does anyone have any links to articles about the flame retardant stuff? I hadn't heard to much about it before this thread.
Here's something: http://www.healthychildrenproject.or...ons/pbdes.html

I got DS three of the Children's Place PJs yesterday.

joy.gif
Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Hey, I just had an idea. I am in a Frontier coop, and realized that you can get organic tights in size 12-24 months for $11. Way cheap for organic. Maybe you could get in on a December coop and find some for your babe. I am doing this for not ordering a pair for DS. I want them for keeping little legs warm when the pants ride up on cold days.
wait wait.. frontier has tights??

i run frontier coops (not on here but on livejournal) and I didnt know this!!

you have just made my day!!!
thank you!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM

here are a few ideas,

for my babe 7 mo.. I have some Zutano soft cotton booties that have snaps..
also I put a pair of tights on when it's really chilly out! Also we have a sheep skin that the kiddos sleep on.. I think either Blue Canoe or Under the nile have pj's that would work for ya! oh yeah Hanna Anderson has an org. line along w/ Kate Quinn organics...I'm sure you could find something here on the TP if you post your needs!:

Best of luck!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almadianna View Post
wait wait.. frontier has tights??

i run frontier coops (not on here but on livejournal) and I didnt know this!!

you have just made my day!!!
thank you!
Look under Maggie's Functional Organics. I'm going to have to join a Dec coop just for those tights!

Old 11-05-2007, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_Pie View Post
Look under Maggie's Functional Organics. I'm going to have to join a Dec coop just for those tights!
ahh no wonder I didnt know.
Maggie's is new on frontier.

Thank you so much!!!!

User Tag List