Is this normal?? Screaming 6 month old... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little man is almost 6 months old...he is an extremely happy baby, very social, loving all attention given to him. Often (very often) he screams...it's LOUD (so very very loud), constant (about 10 seconds long), but it's not an "I'm in pain" scream...he's happy, he's fine....he smiles during his "talking" while he's doing it. If someone picks him up, he stops. We can't constantly do this though (and yes, I do wear him). My husband worries this isn't normal...even my mom says she's never heard such a loud baby. I keep attributing it to his being so social & wanting constant attention. Does anyone else's baby do this?? It's driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

BTW: He's not been vaccinated, so it's definitely not one of "those" screams....

Mama to (5/04), : (8/05), : (6/07) & : (1/10)
since 7/02 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 01:46 AM

My son does it every once in a while. Usually it's when he wants me to pay attention to something he's doing. Or if he gets really excited about something.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:28 AM

Mine does exactly the same thing (she's also 6 months). I also think it's a "look at ME PLEASE" thing for her! If we make the same sound back to her, she laughs so hard and does it again, and we can go back and forth like that several times until we both are laughing too hard to continue.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:27 AM

Yes, DS does this as well - I think it is him trying to get our attention or him expressing excitement. The past 2 weeks we have had get-togethers with a little friend of his and DS screams so loud when he sees him (excitement), he scares his buddy so much the little guy ends up sobbing!

Mama to DS (4/07) homebirth.jpgand DD (3/09) waterbirth.jpg     15****20****25****30****35****40 *whistling.gif**45

Old 11-21-2007, 09:50 AM

My dd started doing this at 7 months. Absolutely an attention getter. And, just practicing how to use her voice. She'll also do a little fake cough to get my attention too. It's too cute!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotopaxi View Post
Mine does exactly the same thing (she's also 6 months). I also think it's a "look at ME PLEASE" thing for her! If we make the same sound back to her, she laughs so hard and does it again, and we can go back and forth like that several times until we both are laughing too hard to continue.
We do the same thing with our May baby! DH likes to ignore her while she's shouting to see exactly how loud she is capable of being. It gets her so PO'ed!

Mommy to DD 5-07
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 PM

Oh, you mean the "I'm Touching Your Brain with my Vulcan Mind Screech" yell? Yeah, we used to get ds all riled up and see just how loud he could squeall. The answer, pretty damn loud!

Completely normal. He'll forget about it and move onto another new skill soon. Right now, my 11 mo old is all about his tongue. Sticking it out. Wiggling it. Licking things. Clucking it. It's pretty funny!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrcmom View Post
She'll also do a little fake cough to get my attention too. It's too cute!
Yup, fake coughing here too!

User Tag List