Which size Maya Wrap should I get? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-11-2003, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mamas,

Hoping some of you can help me. I am expecting #2 any day now and would like to get a Maya Wrap -- mainly for my dh to use but also as a second sling for me (I used the OTSBH with my dd for 2+ years and really liked it, didn't mind the padding, but would like to try another style, and plus it's too small for my dh).

My dh is 6'3, 230 pounds. So of course I figured on getting the large MW. But I am 5'3 and very petite (when not pg, lol) -- would the tail of the size large be down to my knees and look ridiculous when I am wearing it? Could my dh still wear a medium comfortably? If it's too small, he WON'T wear it, guaranteed.

Thanks for any experience/help you can offer!
#2 of 3 Old 08-11-2003, 10:32 PM

I'm 5' 4'' and can use the large though its definitely longer then I would prefer. I didn't keep it but if I had I would have added some snaps or aplix to the tail so I could shorten it when I used it and lengthen it when dh used it. You could just put a couple of snaps at the very end and then the other snaps higher up to temorarily shorten the sling for you. You'd have to be careful that the snaps or whatever where still low enough that your dh could tighten the sling without interference.
don't know if this would work just my rambling thoughts. I think if I were you I'd e-mail mayawrap customer service (or call) and tell them your measurements and see what they say.
Janessa
#3 of 3 Old 08-11-2003, 11:06 PM

I'm a plus-size mama so I got the extra large and it turned out to be waaay too long (at least for now when my son is a newborn). What I do with the long tail is just tuck it up underneath my son (tween him in the pouch and me). It works really well. An extra long tail is also good if you want to be discreet to nurse- you can just cover yourself with it like a shawl.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page