self-feeding/baby-led weaning support thread... - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 581 Old 02-29-2008, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if this has been asked before, as I haven't been able to read the whole thread. But what if what we eat is mostly fast food or out of a box/can. Should I just skip letting DS have it? He always wants what we are eating, and I have given him some pureed food. After finding this thread I have given him some banana and apple pieces he loved. Any suggestions on fast food/convenience food I can give my baby. I'm worried about all the salt and junk in it. But right now I just can't cook much and I really don't know how. I'd like to start learning ( I just became a SAHM) but won't be able to until DS is ok for more than 10 minutes out of my arms . Thinking about maybe sticking to the occasional piece of fruit until I can start cooking, but he begs for our food so sweetly .

Michelle : wife to awesome DH Aaron : since (04/02), mom to DS Michael (07/07) and bio-mom to Ember (07/84), : , TANSTAAFL
#302 of 581 Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 AM
luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
I'm not the 'first foods' police or anything but I remember being told to avoid nightshades early on (and I see you have a 6 month old?). Does anyone know more about this?
Showing my ignorance here. What’s a nightshade?

ETA - DOH just saw the def in the last post on the prev page.... But by that def any of the things I mentioned "Cucumber, avocado, mushrooms, snap peas and last night green beans." are not nightshades.

Am I missing something?
#303 of 581 Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM

Hello all,

I have been doing BLW for 1 month now and would like to introduce meat to ds (8 mos). How do you prepare it? DS doesn't like purees that much and I want to minimize purees as much as possible. Thanks.
#304 of 581 Old 02-29-2008, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
Showing my ignorance here. What’s a nightshade?

ETA - DOH just saw the def in the last post on the prev page.... But by that def any of the things I mentioned "Cucumber, avocado, mushrooms, snap peas and last night green beans." are not nightshades.

Am I missing something?
Plants in the nightshade family are potatoes and tomatoes. Not sure if eggplant are in there or not.

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#305 of 581 Old 03-01-2008, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmomma View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before, as I haven't been able to read the whole thread. But what if what we eat is mostly fast food or out of a box/can. Should I just skip letting DS have it? He always wants what we are eating, and I have given him some pureed food. After finding this thread I have given him some banana and apple pieces he loved. Any suggestions on fast food/convenience food I can give my baby. I'm worried about all the salt and junk in it. But right now I just can't cook much and I really don't know how. I'd like to start learning ( I just became a SAHM) but won't be able to until DS is ok for more than 10 minutes out of my arms . Thinking about maybe sticking to the occasional piece of fruit until I can start cooking, but he begs for our food so sweetly .
We eat a lot of prepackaged (frozen/boxed) foods because I work full time and DH is in charge of meals during the week. I don't get home till 6pm and want to spend time with DS so cooking for 30-60min to prepare something healthy just isn't a priority for me. I would say 2 out of 5 times, dinner is burnt or just not made because he said DS needed attention so we eat take out : So...we don't feed DS these foods. We always have fruits or veggies in the house and he gets these. Right now foods are just for fun and he should be getting all the nutrition from me. Once DS is at the age where he needs to be eating healthy meals for nutrition then we will have to change our ways and cook healthy for all of us.
#306 of 581 Old 03-01-2008, 03:18 PM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one facing this . I feel so bad eating and not sharing with him. He stands, holding onto my legs and will "ask" for a bite. But I don't want to give him anything unhealthy. I will be strong and not give in to those sweet faces he makes when he wants what I'm having. . Today we had Burger King and he was lunging after my burger, I'm sure he smells it .

Michelle : wife to awesome DH Aaron : since (04/02), mom to DS Michael (07/07) and bio-mom to Ember (07/84), : , TANSTAAFL
#307 of 581 Old 03-02-2008, 08:49 PM

So I just learned through a different thread that pickles aren't good for babies. Does anyone let their LO's chew on pickles? That was the first solid DS had. He just grabbed it off my plate and started chewing/sucking. I didn't think anything of it but now I feel like a bad mama

I just assumed baby lead weaning was all about letting them explore new things.

DS had cucumber and apple sauce (I made from apples and water) tonight. He loved it. I put the apple sauce on a spoon and he grabbed it and put it in his mouth. I was surprised he could actually do that but he did. :
#308 of 581 Old 03-02-2008, 11:51 PM

We just let DS have an orange slice tonight . The little bugger actually ate the end off of it, I thought he would just gum it LOL. He seemed to like it, but mostly I think he's happy not to be left out of what we are eating as that is what usually happens. He's starting to be very upset if we don't share and will go after our food. I was a little worried about the orange as it is citrus, but neither me or DH have any food allergies in our families so I'm not too worried.

I hadn't heard about pickles being bad and had been about to let him try it. Did your thread say why? Maybe the amount of salt used in the pickling process? I don't think you should feel like a bad momma, I'm sure one pickle won't hurt him .

#309 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 11:35 AM

Yes the salt is the issue. But…I have decided it’s not a big deal. I mean it’s not like he’s eating pickles every day. He has had pickles 2 times now and I think it's fun for him to explore new tastes.

We haven’t tried citrus with DS yet but that is mainly because I never buy oranges. Just not a big fan.
#310 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 AM

I don't know if I should post here or start a new thread, but should my baby be given water? Since we are doing BLW he really eats 99.99% breast milk b/c he is not so coordinated with his hands yet (but getting there)! He is 7.5 months old and never had a bottle or cup. So if he does need water should we go straight to sippy? Thx!
#311 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm really interested in doing this with ds. He's only 4 1/2 months, so we haven't started yet, but he WATCHES everything I eat go to my mouth, and he demands to nurse whenever anyone else has food...

First I wanted to answer the question about prepared foods (I have an older dd who we spoon fed). The classic baby self-feeding food is cheerios. If you want to let him have what you're eating, that makes for an easy breakfast all around! (I've been known to do it for dinner too ). Other easy packaged food stuff for kids is frozen vegetables (although my almost 4 year old loooooooooves frozen peas still frozen; won't touch 'em cooked!), string cheese, and canned beans.

Happy with my DH, 2 kids, dog, fish, and frogs
#312 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 PM
acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnybee View Post
I don't know if I should post here or start a new thread, but should my baby be given water? Since we are doing BLW he really eats 99.99% breast milk b/c he is not so coordinated with his hands yet (but getting there)! He is 7.5 months old and never had a bottle or cup. So if he does need water should we go straight to sippy? Thx!
We've been offering DD water (out of a sippy or a regular glass/cup) since about 5.5 months. She loves it. Both DH and I drink a lot of water, so often she just wants some from our water bottles when she sees us drinking it. But I also offer it to her with solids, and she usually wants some - I think it just helps to have with food, and helps avoid constipation. She does take a bottle of EBM, but I've never given her water out of a bottle - figured there was no need.
With the sippy cup, she sometimes needs help tipping it up high enough to drink, but mostly I let her try it on her own, at least at first. With water out of our glass, I help her. I recently got her this table set, and she really likes the cup and can do it completely on her own. It's not a sippy cup, in that if it's held upside down, water pours out. But the little spout helps her not make such a huge mess, and she really likes being able to do it herself.
The water doesn't seem to be affecting the amount of BM she's drinking at all, and I figure drinking water is a good habit to develop...
#313 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp View Post
We've been offering DD water (out of a sippy or a regular glass/cup) since about 5.5 months. She loves it. Both DH and I drink a lot of water, so often she just wants some from our water bottles when she sees us drinking it. But I also offer it to her with solids, and she usually wants some - I think it just helps to have with food, and helps avoid constipation.
Thanks acp! I was wondering if he needed for constipation. He hasn't pooped in a few days! My DD went through that once but at a younger age (maybe 4 months) but I thought it was normal for breast fed babies. Maybe we'll try some water. Also, that table set is really cute!
#314 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM

fast food/almost no cook food...

We're living in a house right now that doesn't have a kitchen (it's coming!). So I've been "cooking" everything with a microwave, a toaster oven, a crock pot, and an electric kettle. And keeping things cool in tupperware boxes buried in the snow outside. Since I don't like to cook under the best circumstances I totally hear you on having trouble making meals that are healthy for everyone but don't require any effort!

We do a lot of oatmeal with yogurt for breakfast, fruit and rice cakes for snack, and for dinner.... well, if you buy a bag of frozen veggies, dump them in a bowl with a little splash of water, pop a paper plate on top and microwave them for a few minutes you'll have steamed veggies ready to go. So far DD2 loves green beans, snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, and water cress. And they all came out of freezer bags. Sure, not as good for her as garden fresh produce, but it means that no matter what we have for lunch or dinner there will be things on our plate that we can share with her.

Oh, and check your supermarket freezer section for low sodium microwave meals. We had a yummy rosemary chicken with cherry tomatoes the other day... it microwaved up in about 10 minutes and when I added some green beans and some brown rice (from the crock pot) we had a whole meal that was baby friendly.

In terms of drive through "cuisine"... well, you know it's not good for you either But it does save the day at times. These days there are slightly "better" items on the menu though. Perhaps order a kiddie meal with the apple slices. Eat the burger and applesauce yourself and give your little one the apple slices. Or get a salad and give them a few of the crunchy veggies. Or order a grilled chicken sandwich and pull a few pieces of chicken from the center of the sandwich. At a sandwich place you can ask for a wrap and offer pieces of the veggies or lean meat fillings, and there are usually apples or other "healthy" sides that could be shared. A little pizza crust could be fun if you're doing wheat (assuming a normal pizza, not some sort of stuffed crust topped with who knows what). It takes a little more doing (and I admit to having a jar or two of Earth's best stashed in the car just in case we eat someplace totally inappropriate) but it's also a good way to improve the food being eaten by your whole family. I know that when I sit down and say "I wouldn't let my baby eat this" I start to wonder why I am eating it, you know?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#315 of 581 Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 PM

One fairly quick and easy food I've found that my texture-sensitive baby will actually touch is pasta. You can cook up a handful and then reheat a few noodles at a time over the next couple of days (or give them cold pasta if they aren't picky). You can also mix the noodles up with veggies for something that actually resembles a grown-up meal.

As far as water, I give her some in a sippy cup to play with every once in awhile. She loves the cold. We skipped bottles--I think I started letting her play with a sippy cup just after 6 months. We also help her take sips out of our water glasses since that's about all we ever drink. It's just for fun and practice. She's also really good at drinking bathwater from a bowl in the tub.
#316 of 581 Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
luv

I've noticed the trend that when I give DD solids she seems more 'spitty uppy' the next two days. And the spit up is frothy (for lack of a better description). Is this normal? She seems fine in every other way.

-luv
#317 of 581 Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
I've noticed the trend that when I give DD solids she seems more 'spitty uppy' the next two days. And the spit up is frothy (for lack of a better description). Is this normal? She seems fine in every other way.

-luv
My DS is like that too! And WAY more gassy. And he eats very, very little solids! I hope it's not a food sensitivity!
#318 of 581 Old 03-04-2008, 12:47 PM

sounds like it could be either a food sensitivity or just not quite ready for solids thing. but if it doesn't affect baby's mood or bum (no diaper rash, redness) might just be digestive system adjusting.
#319 of 581 Old 03-04-2008, 05:58 PM
luv

So far it's been after pear and green bean. She didn't actually injest much of either. Tonight she got some banana (well she licked it for a while) we'll see what tomorrow brings!

-luv
#320 of 581 Old 03-05-2008, 12:44 AM

Too funny...I just came on to check if water was appropriate to give as part of BLW...and the answer was already here! I had been reading a book that suggested to give a few Tablespoons of water when you start solids so to help with kidney function. Just a few tablespoons though so it wouldn't interfere with BM consumption.

So, I guess we've started solids. DS gummed his first banana yesterday. Haven't made it to the store for more foods he could eat yet, so we're on hold. I'd also like to get the high chair set up for ease of eating. So I have a few questions since I've not been able to read up on the thread. I'm assuming with BLW that you still follow the guidelines for solid food....start with bananas, avocado, sweet potatoes,...then move on to veggies? Which veggies are best to start with? How do you prepare them? DS had played with a green bean that he stuck in his mouth, but without teeth, I don't know how he'd eat it. Also, I'd assume you wouldn't introduce a new food for 3 days to check for an allergy? DS was really eyeing up my (the first time I'd noticed his intent gaze while I ate in front of him) PB toast, but I gave him a banana instead. Again, assuming that you wouldn't want to introduce a possible allergin as a first food.

Canid - I'm in a similar boat as you. I gave DS some orange peels to play with and he stuck them in his mouth (to my surprise) and started sucking on them. I didn't find out until later that you shouldn't introduce citrus fruits until after their 1 year old due to the acidity. Oh well, he really enjoyed the little bits of orange that were left on the peel.
#321 of 581 Old 03-05-2008, 01:15 AM
acp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower18 View Post
DS had played with a green bean that he stuck in his mouth, but without teeth, I don't know how he'd eat it.
Still no teeth here (at 8 1/2 months), but DD is now a champion eater, of just about everything. Green beans are one of her favorites - though she mostly just sucks out the little "beans" inside.
My experience from visiting this forum and hearing of others' experience is that everyone does BLW a little differently, figures out their comfort level with allergens, baby eating what the family does, what foods to introduce first, etc.

So you might hear lots of different things from different folks. I don't think there's any "one" right answer. FWIW, we started DD with avocado (which was slippery for her to pick up), banana (same, when I gave it in little chunks - we had much better success with big pieces), broccoli (she didn't like it at first), and sweet potato/butternut squash (big hit from the beginning). But really, it took probably 5 or 6 weeks of doing BLW, not all that whole heartedly (For a long time, I only offered her solids every few days or so, no regularity at all), before I really felt like she was doing more than just tasting/experimenting with her food. Which was fine with me. I know that occasionally something would get ingested, because I'd see it in her diaper, but for the first good bit she was really just playing with her food. Somewhere around 7 months old she got really interested in tiny things, and I started giving her peas and O's cereal and more little things to pick up, and she also just started eating a lot more. Gradually, I realized I was giving her more varied food every day, and was less worried about allergens.
Now, at 8 1/2 months, she usually eats three times a day (no real schedule, but more or less when I do), and she eats just about everything. She loves toast, and rice cake with hummus, and anything on the spicy side (lentils in curry, black beans with cumin, garlic and onions, guacamole, etc), and O's cereal. She also likes egg, the butternut squash risotto I made the other night, most veggies, most (not all) fruits, chicken, yogurt, cheese - you get the idea. All without teeth.
She still hasn't had nuts or shellfish, but I'm sure even those would be fine - there just hasn't been a reason to give them to her.

But my main point is that this has been a really gradual process. I was never super careful about the "introduce one food every three days" sort of routine, but I was a lot more careful about potential allergens, and which foods, and all that, at the beginning. And for a long time, we didn't do much in the way of solids and I just let DD play with it since she was interested. It really has been baby-led in every way, and now it's fun to see how much she loves food. I don't even know that I was that conscious about doing a strictly "baby-led" thing - it's just how it happened... (and what's funny is that I remember totally stressing about solids before starting them, upset at the lack of resources, sure I'd do it all wrong, etc).

Good luck and have fun!
#322 of 581 Old 03-05-2008, 09:31 AM

Well we've just started too. Last firday DS had an avocado and enjoyed it. Then he gagged and threw up. He's also since enjoyed a couple of baby rice crackers and pear slices. I'm avoiding major allergens, but not waiting in between foods.

Ds is enjoying eating finally! He is very upset if we're in the kitchen and he doesn't have any food. He still isn't really "eating" much, maybe a teaspoon at time but he's really enjoying it!

We had take out one night because I was tired, and we did open a jar of squah and let him self feed the puree. (I loaded the spoon and handed it to him) It made a horrific mess, but he enjoyed it.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#323 of 581 Old 03-06-2008, 02:03 AM

I have a question on the amount of food my DD should be eating.

A little background......she is a tiny little petite thing. Her OLD pedi (we've since changed docs) actually was ALARMED by her weight because she's so "small". She's 11 months old today and weighs about 15lbs 13ozs (maybe slightly more, now) and is obviously BF.

She BF's a LOT during the day..and a LOT at night. Her new doc says she's doing just fine....and we did do an iron test and her hemoglobin was a 12 which is great.

We started feeding her foods around 10/10.5 months. She's had quite a few things now. My question is...do you "limit" how much food your child eats if they're just beginning to eat? She would probably eat almost an ENTIRE banana if I let her! I cut it into 1/4's and 1/2s and she just DEVOURS them (I'm honestly too afraid to give her the whole thing and see how much she eats. Choking is my worst fear...and i'm comfortable giving her chunks of food). She'd also eat a bajillion pieces of carrots and asparagus spears if I let her too. She's actually gotten MAD at me for putting food away.

Do you just keep giving the food until your child doesn't want it anymore or starts playing with it and you can actually tell they're finished eating? Is my DD really HUNGRY and really NEEDING the solids? Or is she acting this way because it's new and she likes food in general?

Since she's so tiny...I don't want to be "denying" her food. I want her to have whatever amount she wants....it's just that I also don't want her to get so full that it hurts.and I don't want her to have any pooping problems.

She LOVES avocado..and would probably eat the entire thing if I gave it to her. She also eats egg yolks..so she's getting the "higher fat" foods.....I'm still just not sure if I should limit or not? Help?

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#324 of 581 Old 03-06-2008, 02:20 AM

Keep nursing, and maybe nurse before food opportunities, but as long as she doesn't look like she's going to drastically cut down on the milk she's also consuming, I'd let her eat as much as she likes.

Naked Baby will just keep eating beans as long as we'll give them to him (I think - I've never actually tried the experiment of sitting there until HE'S done instead of when we're done!), but we just make sure he has food, if he wants it, when we have food, and don't worry about how much he consumes. But he hasn't really started getting into EATING yet, which it sounds like your daughter has. So let her eat! (Do watch for signs of constipation, indigestion, etc) Just make sure she's nursing too, and maybe getting some supplemental water.
#325 of 581 Old 03-06-2008, 11:29 AM

dd is 10 months old, and I used to limit her food - not intentionally to deprive her or anything I think it was fear that solids would interfere with breastfeeding and really how could some one so small put down so much food?

At her last well baby visit (about 2 weeks ago) DD had only gained 2 oz since her 6 month appointment and had lost a pound since a visit in Decemeber (1 month earlier) - I was shocked - luckily we have a great ped office they just laughed and said she was obviously fine meeting milestone etc.

DD can devour a whole banana fast than me - I am sure I could go that fast if I tried but wow and she eats 1/2 an avacodo in just a few minutes : she seems to love food. I do worry about her eating so fast, but she hasn't choked yet and the gagging is down.

I finally about a month ago starting giving her more until she played with it - this was becuase I realized the whole point was to let DD limit her food in take and what she was eating -and I wasn't doing that by limiting the amount for her. We nurse before a solids meal and after - sometimes she requests nursing durring a meal - So I just make sure nursing is a priority and then solids.

We've also been doing signs with her so she can sign for milk (only for nursing), eat, more (she's really good at that) and all done (not always used, some times she just throws the food)

Also there have been a few times that I let her eat dinner at the kitchen counter while I prepare either dinner for DH and I or lunches for the next day and DD will request more food, but then play with it - and I am starting to wonder if she just wants to "help" me.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#326 of 581 Old 03-06-2008, 02:06 PM

This morning, my DD had an ENTIRE avocado. I mean she seriously scarffed down the WHOLE thing. I actually asked DH how big her stomach was!! Lol! She was going so fast I had to slow her down a bit by only giving her one or two pieces at a time...but she kept signing for more and more and more and wanted more until the whole thing was gone! I nursed her before she ate, as well as after.

I, too, don't want her to replace any nursing sessions with solid foods yet. She still nurses all the time though, and it seems to me like she's growing a lot more all of a sudden....so part of me thinks it's because of the solid food? I don't know.

I think I'm just going to keep giving her food until she's obviously done by playing with it, etc. And I'll definitely watch for constipation issues. We've only had that twice...and both times were my fault because I gave her spoon fed stuff. I ended up giving her organic oatmeal and banana, and another time she got a jar full of homemade applesauce.

I'm not going to spoon feed her anymore...at least with those things....it's just that she kept telling me she wanted more and more and flipping out if I put it away that I kept giving her more. She also loves it when I put the food on a spoon and then give it to her to feed herself. She likes doing that a lot..but it just makes so much of a mess that I don't do that all the time.

I think I'll just stick to chunks of food that she can feed herself..and I'll just give her as much food as she wants until she's done.

*shrugs!*

I never knew this whole solid thing could be so difficult...lol!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

#327 of 581 Old 03-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Could some of you mamas check out my thread in breastfeeding? We really do tend to stick with the baby-led weaning, but Daniel is seeming like he needs more. It's different than with my other three, so I"d just like some input. Danke!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=857915

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#328 of 581 Old 03-06-2008, 09:51 PM

We are not at the point where DS is eating yet but by the sounds of it....as long as your LO's are nursing before and after and in between the food then I would let them eat as much as they wanted.

Wild - I haven't tried citrus and I had no idea you were supposed to wait on that one either lol. I am not waiting the 3 days in between new foods. We don't have food allergies in our family and I'm not all that concerned about it. For veggies we have tried green beans, cucumber, brocoli, tomato, and celery. We steamed the green beans and brocoli. The cucumber we cut legthwise into 4 sections like french fries. The celery we just cut into 4" chunks so he could grab them. The tomato we sliced like you would have on a burger. He got all the foods into his mouth but no luck with actually eating.
#329 of 581 Old 03-07-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Could some of you mamas check out my thread in breastfeeding? We really do tend to stick with the baby-led weaning, but Daniel is seeming like he needs more. It's different than with my other three, so I"d just like some input. Danke!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=857915
I replied on that thread too, but you could try nursing before and after, even durring if your up to it, your DS's solids. I am always shocked at how much DD will take in durring a growth spurt adn she did have a 10 mo one.

She nurses at leat twice as much as usually and taking in double the usual solids - I am waiting for her to explode, but I've taken to giving her a variety of items and let her eat what she want till she's done (till she starts playing with it) and DD still wants to nurse immediatly after her solids too :
I don't think DD is getting any great increase in nutrition from the solids though it just bulks up the poo.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#330 of 581 Old 03-07-2008, 08:30 PM

Thanks for the help, here and over in breastfeeding!

I discovered a new food Daniel loves today-- matzah!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page