**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Santa pics: We went and Romi sat on the man and didn't crack a smile either. Liam was scared as heck. They actually give you a free polaroid with a teddy bear here and you can get a professional picture for 5$. Dh, who is way mushier than I am, bought both pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Isn't it fun. Desmond can crawl well with a diaper so we haven't had naked bum crawling, though that sounds cute. He is working on letting go now, he can stand about 3 to 5 second now with no support before tumbling down. He did it this afternoon for my mother in law and tumbled down face first once he lost his balance. Desmond will use anything to get to standing now, including the puppy, who doesn't appreciate the thought.
I had to laugh at the puppy as a standing-tool! Aren't they imaginative? Romi does that everywhere. She just uses anything to pull to standing. It could be a crumb on the floor and she'll make it work!

Mamas with toddlers: I finf myself looking at Romi and seeing a lot of liam in her. Not physically, cause they look nothing alike, but the noises she makes, the way she nurses, nuzzles against me... Are all babies the same in the end? Today she was determined to cruise along furniture and pulling everything she could find to fall to the floor with glee. The determination in her eyes was so Liam. I wish I could magically shrink him back to 8mths old and have both of them to play with

ETA: she did not nap today and everything she threw on the floor is still, well, on the floor. Lovely fun night cleaning ahead of me!
#303 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
How I wish we'd all live close to one another and could go hang out at everyone's house... It would be so sweet to live in an April 2007 DDC village, where fried foods, cloth diapers, wool and Babylegs could live blissfully together :
Oh wouldn't that be wonderful?! I talked to a friend in W. Virginia the other day, who is now a mama and said she is lonely, too. Thank goodness for the computer and the phone.

Speaking of picking things up off the floor, little Scarlet tipped over the recycling today and was chewing on one of daddy's beer cans, there's a photo for the grandfolks! z

I'm tired today, too. Babe was up every hour last night, then didn't nap until 12noon today and that was cut short by big brother:, but is now napping peacefully. My dh is bugging me to make rye bread, so I should be doing that... Oh well, that just means good : later!

Ciao!
#304 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 09:04 PM

One more thing on floors, I'm actually looking forward to Scarlet walking so I won't notice how dirty my floors are by the ground in dirt on her babylegs. :
#305 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
thanks all of you mamas for the support! I needed to vent! And she slept last night from midnight to 7.

If we end up supplementing her, it will be with Alimentum. It's a hypoallergenic formula and I would use it because of the extensive food allergies in her sister. It's what Claire drinks so I really don't want two different formulas in the house either. I look at that can and think it would be so much easier to mix that up than pump at work, but then I go grocery shopping and buy the $25/can formula. Much cheaper to keep this up.

At age 1, then we'll try cow's milk.
yes, that makes sense, I forgot abut Claire's allergies, you wouldn't want to mess with that! I only asked to suggest holding on long enough to go right to cow's milk, I know it's debatable, again, but personally, I'd rather have my baby on cow's milk than formula. However, in your situation it makes so much more sense to do the hypoallergenic formula. Pumping must be so hard, you've done so great. I could only hope if I was in your situation I would be able to do what you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
I just need to let out a nice big Aaaaarrrrgghhhhhhh!!!!!

Okay, I feel a little better. Scout's bedtime has been progressively getting later and later. The other night when she was wound up until midnight, I chalked it up to the caffeinne I had. But I don't really think that was the problem. After several tries of nursing her down, she is FINALLY asleep at 12:50 AM. At one point I just had to unlatch her abruptly and storm out of the room to collect myself because I was just so FED UP with all of the pinching, poking, squeezing, scratching, flailing, and rolling. I felt bad because I peeked in on her right after I left, and she was sitting up in the middle of the bed, screaming. I didn't go back in to comfort her immediately because I just needed a couple seconds to breathe and calm down. Then, I tried walking around the house with her, rocking her and singing/shushing. She fought it tooth and nail, but finally fell asleep. Of course, she woke right back up as soon as I laid her down. So I nursed her again, as she scratched and pulled at my boobs. Uuughh. She finally fell asleep and now I wish I had a giant candy bar or some icecream to shove in my face while watching some stupid late-nite t.v.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So it appears Desmond is on a nursing strike. He hasn't eaten since 2pm. I go to feed him and he bites and moves his head away from the boob : . I did pump a bit and he had 4 ounces or so of milk, but I am not pumping much when I try. Hopefully he'll eat tonight when we go to bed, because I don't think dealing with a nursing strike longer then an afternoon/evening will be any fun at all.
I was thinking about both you guys last night! Tabrizia, did you get engorged at all?? Glad he came through- although this is sooo the age they do that. I remember it with Axel. Hope that's the end of it!

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#306 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
One more thing on floors, I'm actually looking forward to Scarlet walking so I won't notice how dirty my floors are by the ground in dirt on her babylegs. :

ok, I can't believe no one commented on the 'stomach' on my floor! Did that not seem weird to anyone else?? Either we've got a lot of really dirty houses where that's normal in this ddc, or you all think my house if freakishly dirty, or you all skim read!
:
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#307 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

ok, I can't believe no one commented on the 'stomach' on my floor! Did that not seem weird to anyone else?? Either we've got a lot of really dirty houses where that's normal in this ddc, or you all think my house if freakishly dirty, or you all skim read!
:lost it:
A
once i put arlo in his bassinet and then noticed there was a dead mouse in it: so yeah, a stomach on the floor seems reasonable!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#308 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 PM

and yes my house is pretty dirty:...there was practically a meal in the dustpan when i finally got around to sweeping today

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#309 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 PM

Well, no af yet. The cramps have eased up, but the sore boobs/nips haven't, and no spotting or even a hint it's coming. What, body, what??

haha, i said 'nips'.

We had Axel's 3rd birthday tonight. awww, my firstborn is 3!!! We had icecream cake, and presents, and crazy funniness. He got too many presents, so after he opened his huge workbench from us and forgot about it, we put it back downstairs and will re-gift it to him again for Christmas! : I got him a bunch of cheap art supplies, and he got a remote control crane (which he had seen in a flier, ripped it out and carried it around for a month, explainging why he needed it, to lift shoes, and dump trucks, and things) and a rocket launcher and a miniworkbench. Gender stereotypes anyone??? I announced nothing but books for Christmas. :
A

#310 of 1454 Old 12-12-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:

:lost it:
A
lol i didn't say anything because i am being quite lol BUT today as i was sweeping up my gross ( 4 kids and sweep every few days lol) floor i was like wonder if i'll find a stomach LOL

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#311 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:

:
A
I just wondered what a toonie was?
#312 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 AM

Happy Birthday, Axel!!!

Welcome to the age of three, Queen.(insert appropriate smiley here, gotta run. )
#313 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
lol i didn't say anything because i am being quite lol BUT today as i was sweeping up my gross ( 4 kids and sweep every few days lol) floor i was like wonder if i'll find a stomach LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
once i put arlo in his bassinet and then noticed there was a dead mouse in it: so yeah, a stomach on the floor seems reasonable!
Thanks guys! makes me feel better! : so nobody's saying, 'well, if we start an April/07 communal living community, I vote for NOT Amanda's house!'

a toonie is our two dollar coin, it's about the size of...a... toonie? maybe an inch and a half diameter (other canadians, yes?)

#314 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Thanks guys! makes me feel better! : so nobody's saying, 'well, if we start an April/07 communal living community, I vote for NOT Amanda's house!'

a toonie is our two dollar coin, it's about the size of...a... toonie? maybe an inch and a half diameter (other canadians, yes?)
Stomach on the floor does not scare me!! I think anyone with toddlers are gonna be in the same boat.

Happy 3rd birthday Axel
Isn't it bittersweet? So yeah, welcome to the terrible, horrible, funny-as-heck 3's

And a toonie is like a loonie, but just a tad bigger. How's that for an explanation?
#315 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:26 AM

I decided our communal living community should be at my house. Cause Montreal is full of quirky people, I live next to the farmer's market where oils (for deep frying), organic and vegan products abound, Bummis sell diaper covers cheap (and Babylegs), and y'all could learn french. Plus we have quite a few local yarn stores, and I'm next to Little Italy so fabulous coffee. And we have Starbucks for yummy festive drinks for those used to the American way of life

Vote for me!!!
#316 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:48 AM

i vote for no canada cause i don't wanna be cold yay i got to use him!!)LOL i don't vote for here either cause i don't wanna be hot or cold since maryland is either hot or cold and we can't have a nice spring or fall i vote someplace that is 70 all year long!!! lol

tho dirty houses don't scare me cause i never clean!!
as long as someone else likes to cook and do laundry for me i will be there lol

ok so i am pulling my kids from school at Christmas break!!!i am terrified!!! and sooooo freaking excited!
Caroline is now REALLLY Crawling!! last week she would kinda move around and sit up, but monday she started really crawling!!! its so freaking CUTE!! shes still slow and does little bunny hops but oh so cute and makes me so sad!! cause shes my last tiny baby and is getting so big so fast!!

oh and on other news our friend had a baby!! she was induced and all that but she had a beautiful baby girl named Madison on Monday! and she is breastfeeding!!! i wasn't sure if she would but she is!! and her DH ( well really boyfriend) is being super awesome and supportive and was talking to me to night for helping her with sleepy baby!! i wish i lived closer so i could go help! thats my update, now i am going to bed! tomorrow i will post a video of Caroline Crawling!

#317 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
I decided our communal living community should be at my house. Cause Montreal is full of quirky people, I live next to the farmer's market where oils (for deep frying), organic and vegan products abound, Bummis sell diaper covers cheap (and Babylegs), and y'all could learn french. Plus we have quite a few local yarn stores, and I'm next to Little Italy so fabulous coffee. And we have Starbucks for yummy festive drinks for those used to the American way of life

Vote for me!!!
Ok, but before I go to bed...here's why Muskoka is the place to be...paticularly my house!: (for our commune of course)
There's our off-grid strawbale house of course- perfect for adding onto with underground additions, and the woods behind us could house unseen dwellings, we have lakes and precambrian sheild (americans, don't ask) galore, we could grow an enormous garden out front to feed us, Noah my dog brings fresh or not fresh deer/moose legs right to the door from the hunters' next door (across the woods), we could all 'express ourselves' in my studio and sell our wares at the farmers' market, and we're only 2 hours away from Toronto- which as any Canadian knows, is the centre of Canada.
Besides, I could use the help around the house.
vote me! vote for ontario!because here we can all use midwives for free and homebirth is legal!)
A

#318 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:54 AM

Happy Axel Day!!!

I swear to goodness that Michigan is colder than Montreal. It's like it always wet here. Cold and wet, hot and wet, wet and wet. Yick.

My mother keeps sending the baby toonies because she thinks they're important to his heritage...or something. She also refers to herself as Na-Na-Da from Ca-Na-Da
#319 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 AM

I'm so torn! Muskoka...Montreal...Muskoka...Montreal...Muskoka. ..

(only a little bit kidding)
#320 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 01:03 AM

I vote for doudat's place. We can raise our kids bilingual: Canadian and Frenchadian. I love winter. : Love it.

We can all buy lakefront property in Saskatchewan, too. That will be our tropical retirement paradise in about 30-40 years.

If Queen gets winter, too, I don't mind her place. It sounds like my poodle could clean up after her cats and we'd all be spared gizzard-stomach things.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#321 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 AM

I'm just laughing...I'll have to think about my vote.
#322 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM

I'll vote for anyplace where DH can make enough for me to stay home and home school! We had to have the "buy an house and work longer vs stay in condo and sooner until I stay home" conversation. We both decided on the house, because I am already going nuts in our condo (no where to send the kids out to play ect) and I'm not home that often. Besides, the house we like is one we will probably stay in for at LEAST 10 years. Oh, if we buy the house I vote for here, because it is a fixer-upper and we couldn't sell it until we fix it up!
#323 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know whether to choose Montreal or Muskoka, but I love Canada in general...so I'm in either way. Okay, so I've only ever been to 2 places in Canada: Toronto and Niagara Falls...but I really liked them both. I don't mind the cold. :

ultimateserj - How cool about having your kids with you at home! Are they excited about it?
#324 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
and I would like to think that with those beautiful eyes that Zenon is a candidate to be Sophia's future "McDreamy" (but don't tell dh that! no boyfriends anytime soon for his girls!)
how sweet

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#325 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 10:10 AM

queen-didn't comment on stomach on the floor b/c i don't want to think about what we have on the floor...(like stinky chicken poo tracked in even though i say no shoes just for that reason). dh slaughtered the pigs out back yesterday so there is probably pig guts in here too. the land of queen sounds quite dreamy. oh and congrats on axel turning 3. i think that age is he$$ oh just kidding (sort of). this is what three is like : (see, there is some love there)

doudat--your land sounds dreamy too in the exact other way-- i've always said i'd like to either be in the city or in the country and both of your places sound like absolutely lovely choices for city or country.

i'm undecided as of yet. although i'm leaning towards montreal (sorry queen) b/c i live on a little organic farmstead with lakes and mountains and trails and little towns around that have lovely little stores but no good coffee (and i don't like starbucks, thank you...but there isn't one of those anyway).

arismomkoofie--there has to be a place like that somewhere...i wish that you could stay home and homeschool

speaking of homeschooling--ultserj, is that what you mean by pulling your kids from school?? wow! tell me more!

finnsmama--the longies pattern from LTK

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#326 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
ultimateserj - How cool about having your kids with you at home! Are they excited about it?
yes they are!! though Elizabeth was put in the top ten of a geography bee at school so now i am leaving her in till jan 11th geo bee is the 8th, but Hailey will be home as of the 21st!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
speaking of homeschooling--ultserj, is that what you mean by pulling your kids from school?? wow! tell me more!
well i am scared lol and excited, curriculum is expensive!!! but i can't wait to have my KIDS with me!! we had no problems with public school really though i disagree with stuff they teach and stuff lol

#327 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Yay, Susan! We : too!
#328 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 11:31 AM

Ok, I feel like I'm a prisoner of Romi's sleep schedule. I had to cancel a playdate with one of the few friends with kids I have. Why? Cause Romi woke up at 5am. Which means she napped at 8am. Which means she'll be super cranky and will go down at around 11am (if I can hold her off till then). I mean, who wants a playdate at 8am?? If at least she was predictable... But her schedule changes from one day to the next. I could feel the annoyance in my friend's voice when I told her that by the time I'd get there, it would be already be time for me to leave
#329 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Well, no af yet. The cramps have eased up, but the sore boobs/nips haven't, and no spotting or even a hint it's coming. What, body, what??

haha, i said 'nips'.

A

it ain't aunt flo that's coming!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#330 of 1454 Old 12-13-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Vote for me!!!

I'm liking this. How long to I have to live there so I can get my year long maternity leave?

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page