**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Claire's middle name is "Amelie". Totally stollen from the movie, but I claim it is a family name which is true if you go back far enough in the tree.

And that pictures is too cute!!!!!
that's funny. i think it's a family name way back in our family too...although it was pronounced emily.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#362 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I totally agree!! She is gorgeous! I show her off to everyone I know! (Like I know her or something...)

Actually, I do this with a lot off the babes on MDC....I pics of babes!
i know, isn't it great. i'm always chatting about our ddc babies to people and i have yet to actually meet one.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#363 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
See, I wish dh would do the deed. But he refuses. Sees it as something that would compromise his virility or something.
So I'm stuck looking for alternate means of contraception. I want to get an IUD but I'm scared... I heard that it hurts. And since we DTD so infrequently, I've been pushing it off.
I got my IUD when Abby was 3/4 mo - I didn't want hormones and I'm not crazy about condoms and also we DTD too much to afford using condoms

I forgot the ibuprofen and it didn't hurt much - just for a moment and no cramping, but I did get a "period" 1 day later that lasted 1-2 days. A few months later I got my real period and it has been a lot heavier, but I have only had 2 periods off bcp and one was after a miscarriage and one was after stopping the bcp - so no normal periods.
#364 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
I got my IUD when Abby was 3/4 mo - I didn't want hormones and I'm not crazy about condoms and also we DTD too much to afford using condoms

I forgot the ibuprofen and it didn't hurt much - just for a moment and no cramping, but I did get a "period" 1 day later that lasted 1-2 days. A few months later I got my real period and it has been a lot heavier, but I have only had 2 periods off bcp and one was after a miscarriage and one was after stopping the bcp - so no normal periods.
I'd get the Mirena though... not crazy about hormones but at least the level is low and it's localised. Good too know that it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought.

And :to you for DTD so darn much
#365 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i know, isn't it great. i'm always chatting about our ddc babies to people and i have yet to actually meet one.
Dh thinks I'm nuts too. Cause I'm like, Kris said and Queen mentioned... Then I tell him I have to go to Bummis to buy covers for you guys and he's like, who? and I'm like, I told you, MY DDC PEOPLE
Then I show him pictures and videos and he doesn't care but he acts like he does to make me happy
#366 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 PM

It's nuts, but I'm gonna get my senior title just from posting on our DDC threads. I don't even go anywhere else anymore...
#367 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I'd get the Mirena though... not crazy about hormones but at least the level is low and it's localised. Good too know that it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought.

And :to you for DTD so darn much
DH is responsible for most of the DTD encounters. Usually I am too tired to think about it until he "gets me in the mood"
#368 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
wonder how serenitii is...i was thinking about her yesterday.
I've been thinking of her too....

Well I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done today... what are you all getting for your 8-9mos?

I got a baby bjorn little potty and baby legs (items he needed) and then so far for fun: 3 cloth books, wooden pull cart with blocks, bucket of wooden blocks (ok- I think he's not ready for that yet, but it was such a good deal LOL). I think that's more than enough, but we budgeted more than I have spent...so I'm trying to see if there are any fun or neccesary ideas I have not thought of!

Oh- so I must be totally sheltered because I have always thought CIO meant that the parents let the baby cry for like 20mins or les and then the baby would fall asleep but today at breastfeeding group some of the ladies were discussing some book about CIO and how it says the babies might throw up etc for attention; then they were telling me how they sit and WATCH their kids cry for like OVER an HOUR!!! They got very defensive and offensive when myself and two other ladies expressed our shock and even mentioned that our babies cosleep with us...yeah, they had TONS to say about that...wierd though, I mean I had no idea mothers could listen to their babies cry for that long even if they do believe in CIO - and I guess I was even more suprised to hear this from moms at a BF group, especially because they don't just BF for health - most of them are very open about doing it for comfort and everything, so I just don't get their logic.
#369 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:45 PM

Quote:
It's nuts, but I'm gonna get my senior title just from posting on our DDC threads. I don't even go anywhere else anymore...
same here...I rarely visit the other forums anymore... oh and we muyst all be online as soon as I posted there was new ones to read!
#370 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 09:55 PM

So, while you gals were busy chatting about fun things all day, I've been wrapping gifts to send back east. Hooray, it's done. Now I have to focus on the kids and my swapee, of course.

Now get this - Max and I were upstairs wrapping the last of the gifts and dh was downstairs with Scarlet who was just crawling around. Well, Max and I finish and head down the stairs, and there is Scarlet - on the second stair. :

Sending you all : Oh yes, and whenever I giggle at the computer, Max now says "your mama friends, again?"

Off to make dinner, bbl.
#371 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Eeek Maximom, stairs are scary!!! No stairs!!! What will you do? Put a gate or something?

You know what sucks? Sunday is my birthday so dh wanted to take me out for a nice restaurant meal sunday night. We haven't been out alone in over a year. But we're expecting a snowstorm and so now he wants us to go out saturday. And all I can think of is that I'll miss the Mutt stocking

Diapers. They're a killer.
#372 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 11:21 PM

Yeah, a gate. Climbing already, I tell ya.

So I had to look up Mutt dipes, of course. Bad influence.

By the way, Canadiennes, so have loonie toon money and some really big really old rocks. Sounds like fun.
#373 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:

You know what sucks? Sunday is my birthday so dh wanted to take me out for a nice restaurant meal sunday night. We haven't been out alone in over a year. But we're expecting a snowstorm and so now he wants us to go out saturday. And all I can think of is that I'll miss the Mutt stocking
Sunday is my birthday, too ,and we also have to change our restaurant plans to Saturday in case the we get hit by the same storm (ah... life in Eastern Canada!). We weren't going to eat out, though. Just get some nice takeout cause it is too complicated to leave all three kids and Chloe isn't used to me leaving her for very long. The longest we've been away from each other was for a little longer than an hour (she was fed changed and in dh's arms before I left) and she was worried and looking for me for about the last 30 minutes. I don't think she's ready for me to go out for a nice romantic dinner just yet!
#374 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 PM

ok- where to start?
everyone's sleeping except for me- love it. I must be getting old.

ok- well Muskoka has snowmobiles and snowshoeing- bet you can't go snowshoeing in Montreal! And haven't you heard the slogan, 'Muskoka, playground for the rich and famous'?? C'mon guys! Although, I must admit, Montreal would have such a lovely enticing culture- I would love it to- I think as far as urban goes, it's where it's at.

I don't visit too many forums either, here and there. but this is like the hang out. I know people here. It's cool.

I wonder if goodmama is going to stock tonight. sometimes I resent the virtual world I am part of. but I like it. I just wish it was tangible. this is an appropriate smiley i think
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#375 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 PM

Happy Birthday you guys on Sunday!! How's that for being prompt. We're supposed to be getting a storm too- we'll see though. Lots of time to change plans.

I left Eva last week with my parents, and a back up bottle, which she didn't need of course. It was a little tough but I thoroughly enjoyed a glass of wine and exposing the uneducated view on circumsicion my phd'd friend has- we went out with him and his lawyer girlfriend. I usually try to act as weird as possible, quipping about nursing to age 3 and so on, bamboo diapers and nude models and they act smart (ass). Anyway.... I don't blame you one bit MizLiz if you can't leave her, but it might be nice if you did!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#376 of 1454 Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

Well I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done today... what are you all getting for your 8-9mos?

Oh- so I must be totally sheltered because I have always thought CIO meant that the parents let the baby cry for like 20mins or les and then the baby would fall asleep but today at breastfeeding group some of the ladies were discussing some book about CIO and how it says the babies might throw up etc for attention; then they were telling me how they sit and WATCH their kids cry for like OVER an HOUR!!! They got very defensive and offensive when myself and two other ladies expressed our shock and even mentioned that our babies cosleep with us...yeah, they had TONS to say about that...wierd though, I mean I had no idea mothers could listen to their babies cry for that long even if they do believe in CIO - and I guess I was even more suprised to hear this from moms at a BF group, especially because they don't just BF for health - most of them are very open about doing it for comfort and everything, so I just don't get their logic.
I probably won't get Evangeline anything. : Except new diapers, maybe. My parents got her a gorgeous little Christmas dress with smocking though, very sweet.
Wow- about the cio- I didn't really know that either. I can't imagine. I just can't. That must have been a tough meeting!
I know my sister sometimes lets her baby cio, and we don't see quite eye to eye. I don't think I would ever do it, and I think it's not good at all, but she feels she has to sometimes. She's had a tough time with her baby, Adelaide has always been fussy and very sensitive, and she actually cries a lot, a lot. Sometimes she feels she has to leave here alone for awhile, and Adelaide inevitably cries, and my sis feels this is just going to happen somtimes, to protect her sanity, as well as that's just what she's gotta do now and then. I don't know. I can't condemn her for it, because if I was in her situation I don't know what I would do, but I really don't think I could let my baby cry. I guess she figures with the amount she cries, sometimes she is going to cry alone. But she doesn't use it as a 'tool' or anything.
Ok that was longwinded, and in no way promoting cio. It's just weird sometimes when you see a human face either promoting it or owning up to it- it's hard not to judge if someone's struggling, but not to approve. However, when someone deliberately uses it it's hard to talk to them, too. Especially in the situation you described, LilMomma, I think I would feel sick.
A

#377 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 12:05 AM

As for gifts we got way too much, we got a discovery cube from pottery barn a couple of months ago, that we gave him for hanukkah, way too many books (like 25) and a bunch of playsilks, we also got him some wood blocks that he likes knocking down when I stack them and enjoys chewing as well.

The first part of my gift for the person I got on this thread has arrived! Hopefully the other piece arrives tomorrow.

Hmm Mutts stocking, no wait I don't need more diapers, I can be good, plus I really want to try for a Goodmama, thanks to you all .

My Mom is in town visiting, so we'll probably go to the Aquarium in Baltimore tomorrow, and then we're going out to dinner at Melting Pot, I wonder how Desmond will like hot cheese bread, I bet he enjoys it, or at least the bread.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#378 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with age for us really. I would have more but I'm not sure I'm cut out for mothering a lot of children. I can get pretty overwhelmed with just two sometimes! The ppd is another factor. And while my pregnancies and births with Finn and Arlo were perfect, I have also had 3 miscarriages and I'm not sure I can deal with that again, yk? And we get pregnant really easily (see my IUD story-and I forgot to mention that was with dtd only once!) so I just don't want to take any chances. It is soooooo hard to be sure though...
A
yes, that's tough. I can understand now. I think it's still nerve-wracking because it's irreversable, right? Not just a time thing.

Quote:
wonder how serenitii is...i was thinking about her yesterday.
me too.

Off to work on pics.
A

#379 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 AM

check out my photobucket!
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eenofmycastle/
A

#380 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:

yikes scary... i think if this is the group i am thinking it is this is why i haven't ever gone to that one i was afraid of that!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#381 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
awww!!! so cute!!! i love your diapers!!!
and i love the paint!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#382 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Is it just me, or is Eva getting longer and thinner? Look at that beautiful boy!!!
You do great work, my Queen
#383 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 02:32 AM

Queen, Eva is beautiful. And Axel looks rough and tumble :
#384 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
... what are you all getting for your 8-9mos?
We got Scout 3 handmade wooden cars, 4 books (the cardboard kind...to prevent the crazy girl from devouring paper ), and a bead maze that suction cups to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Oh yes, and whenever I giggle at the computer, Max now says "your mama friends, again?"
That is so cute! I know, I talk about you ladies all the time. I'm sure my sister is sick of hearing, "This one mom in my DDC...." or, "This baby I know...well, not in real life, but..."

I had fun shopping for the gift exchange - I just hope that what I ordered comes soon so I can get it sent to my lady because we are going to be out of town the week of Christmas. :
#385 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

queen - I love those pics of Evangeline with the mirror. Your house looks so nice and bright with all that natural light. I need to find a way to get more light in here.
#386 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

I'm debating on whether or not I want to keep Scout in cloth for our trek across the country for Christmas. Part of me just wants to do sposies...not really for the convenience, but just because our visit is so short and I want to maximize our time with family that I only get to see once a year instead of spending time doing diaper laundry, KWIM? But my mom is so sweet - she asked what kind of detergent we use on the dipes so she can have some on hand if we bring any cloth with us.
#387 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 10:21 AM

Quote:
adorable pictures! your house seems so cozy! my kids are always wearing two layers even inside right now...it's so drafty!

and good for you-letting axel paint like that. i'm not too good at "messy" play like that. i'm always thinking etc.

#388 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Dh thinks I'm nuts too. Cause I'm like, Kris said and Queen mentioned... Then I tell him I have to go to Bummis to buy covers for you guys and he's like, who? and I'm like, I told you, MY DDC PEOPLE
Then I show him pictures and videos and he doesn't care but he acts like he does to make me happy
my dh won't take the time to look at pics on the comp--so he just thinks i'm nutty

#389 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
i think i did-- i used to post all over but really haven't since in our ddc but i have yet to come up with a title for myself... hmmm

#390 of 1454 Old 12-15-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:

I got a baby bjorn little potty and baby legs (items he needed) and then so far for fun: 3 cloth books, wooden pull cart with blocks, bucket of wooden blocks (ok- I think he's not ready for that yet, but it was such a good deal LOL). I think that's more than enough, but we budgeted more than I have spent...so I'm trying to see if there are any fun or neccesary ideas I have not thought of!
those sound like nice gifts... i : the little baby bjorn potties..perfect for boys! i ordered good wooden blocks from zenon...only from ebay--and ended up paying an embarassing amount for shipping. teeheehe. i also got some books and i would love to buy him some goodmamas if i ever get the chance (umm...they really are for him

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page