**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2007, 05:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Oh- I'm so excited to share this. My friend had her baby last night, on her duedate. She's 18 yrs old, and her pregnancy was picture perfect, no complaints at all. Around 9:30 she had lost her mucus plug, and was starting to feel like maybe she was having contrax. When I called at 10:30 she was in the tub, and her mom said 'she doesnt' like the way it feels, they're coming frequently, maybe 5 min apart, the midwife is going to bed.' Apparantly she got out of the tub around 11, her water broke on the floor, she sat on the toilet and felt like she had to push, and pushed the baby out at 11:15! The midwife arrive 4 min before, no tears, got up and around, placenta out, had another bath, baby is a girl, 8lbs even and beautiful and perfect! Hows that for a birth story??? Guess being young has an advantage!
That is SO great!! Congratulations to her!
:::::

I am a teeny weeny bit jealous though...
I haven't even written Micah's birth story because I don't like to think about it...: I thought I would be over it by now...

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Talking: I think it's a question of coincidence!! I doubt an 8mth old can really grasp the concept of language. But it sure is cute, isn't it? I love it when they "talk". Romi's been saying "dah-dy". So dh is thrilled!! But we talk french here, so where'd she learn that? And she says "hey" as well.

Whenever Liam is playing with a stuffed toy I ask him what the name of the stuffed toy is and he always answers "Badice" which is weird cause that's not even a name. But I swear Romi's been saying Badice lately too!
Micah "says" -- "bah-bah" (bye bye) and "bay-buh" (baby) and once or twice I could have sworn I heard "ma-ma"

Old 12-16-2007, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
That is SO great!!
I am a teeny weeny bit jealous though...
I haven't even written Micah's birth story because I don't like to think about it...
Just noticed Micah's birthday. What time was he born? Ion was around 7:30am.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
This is kinda weird, but I thought I'd share...

Anyone else's babes go wild with happiness and excitement when they catch a glimpse of your boobies? I just thought it was cute and funny yesterday when I was getting dressed and Scout was sitting on the floor looking up at me, I noticed that as soon as Scout saw my chest, she started smiling and squealing. I thought it was just a fluke, so I would put my shirt down and she would stop....then lift it up and she would start flapping her arms and smiling again. I did it again and and again with the same reaction. I dunno why it's so funny to me - I guess I just didn't think she knew exactly WHERE her food was coming from.

Have a happy b-day tomorrow, doudat and mizliz!
Micah has this whiney "eh eh eh eh" thing he does when he sees them and wants them....If I "flash" him, he'll smile really big....And, if he just wants them and I am holding him, he just dives for them like he is going to eat the shirt and all!

Old 12-16-2007, 05:10 AM

: doudat and mizliz!! :

Old 12-16-2007, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
2:20 am....I really thought it was going to be the 11th. I went in to labor some time late night 10th/early morning 11th. It brought me out of bed for the millionth time around 7 am (first time I looked at the clock).

Old 12-16-2007, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Our babes remind me of each other for some reason, too! Not that they really look alike, but they are both long and slender....and have always been on the move. Micah is not quite the superbaby that Ion is, but he is definitely following close behind... Maybe Micah thinks he is a good role model...I think he needs to dial it back a notch (Micah that is...)

Old 12-16-2007, 05:26 AM

I *think* I might be a little lonely...can you tell?

Old 12-16-2007, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Our babes remind me of each other for some reason, too! Not that they really look alike, but they are both long and slender....and have always been on the move. Micah is not quite the superbaby that Ion is, but he is definitely following close behind... Maybe Micah thinks he is a good role model...I think he needs to dial it back a notch (Micah that is...)
According to my MIL, Ion is not nearly as super as his dad who was running at 8 months
Old 12-16-2007, 05:36 AM

Just one more....(I promise)

Someone posted about their babe climbing on the stairs but I don't remember who it was...

I watched Micah do something similar the other day! I have a ceiling fan that I need to install in Micah's room (well, did when it was warm, but now that it's not there is no rush) and the box it is in is sitting in our living room and Micah LOVES to pull up on it. When it isn't actively in use, I just store it next to the entertainment center (about 2 ft. tall). On the end of the ent. cent. behind the TV (yes, I know they are evil... is the cable modem and wireless router which have lots of pretty green lights. Micah was trying to get the lights the other day. He pulled up on the box, leaned over, grabbed onto the edge of the ent. center, used his arms to hold himself steady, and pulled his knees up on the box, and proceeded to stand on the box. I am SO glad I was sitting there watching him do this because I would never have guessed he could do this!!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
: doudat and mizliz!! :
Thanks! We had Japanese last night : and we are going to decorate the Christmas tree today whie hiding from a big snowstorm... I always liked having a close-to-Christmas birthday, although I know many people who hate being born in December.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
Thanks! We had Japanese last night : and we are going to decorate the Christmas tree today whie hiding from a big snowstorm... I always liked having a close-to-Christmas birthday, although I know many people who hate being born in December.
NAK
Hey happy birthday to us!!

Last night we ate left overs and watched tv. But birthday is today. Except we're gonna be snowed in too. Oh well.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:41 AM

queen--your friend's birthing sounds wonderful! maybe it is an age thing. my friend (age 17) had a very smooth, natural birth too-very quick for a first birth. i love that axel calls eva banjo...what a cute nickname if it sticks

mizliz--sounds like nice birthday plans...i could go for some japanese food.

i agree, etsy is dangerous...

so, speaking of babytalk...last night while i was at work, zenon woke up and was upset. he started saying mamamamama alot and was very sad. kaylo got really upset hearing it and was saying "i love you" and trying to comfort him. so sweet. anyway, i think he can really say mama for me and papa for papa.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 12-16-2007, 01:38 PM

Happy Birthday MizLiz and doudat :!

Desmond slept for 3 hours straight last night, it was nice. It is also sad I'm happy for 3 hours straight, but that is another story .

Today we are driving to Richmond (and home) to visit my Grandparents (and drop my Mom off there, her flight is out of Richmond tomorrow). My Mom bought an electronic picture frame for my Grandmother so last night I put pictures of Desmond on it. It is the all Desmond all the time picture frame. It is really nice, and I should probably get one for us, since we don't have much room for more pictures of Desmond in our house.

Oh while we were out we found Guitar Hero 3 with the guitar at Target, so my Mom bought it for DH's Hanukkah present. I bought him the completely series of the old Adams Family TV show instead.

One of Desmond's new favorite tricks is climbing. He likes to climb up DH's leg onto the sofa and wander around up there, though he isn't quite sure how to get off so we have to keep an eye on him so he doesn't try to come down head first.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 12-16-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i agree, etsy is dangerous...

I agree as well, I erm got myself a present while I got my person a present, because of esty and all the lovely stuff there. Oops .

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 12-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I agree as well, I erm got myself a present while I got my person a present, because of esty and all the lovely stuff there. Oops .
that is something i would do too

Old 12-16-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Me three!! I : Etsy. For real.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Me three!! I : Etsy. For real.
I didn't even know about Etsy until today...

OT but :<-----am I the only one that thinks a placenta smiley is a little strange??

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 12-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post

OT but :<-----am I the only one that thinks a placenta smiley is a little strange??
haha i couldn't even firgure out what it was till you said it!!! and i didn't know abou tEtsy till today either i had to google it! :P

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post

That's a funny one!!! I wonder how useful it'll end up being. And Etsy rocks. You can find a lot of crap there too, but once you get the hang of it, it's fabulous!

The storm is really bad right now. It's like snowy ice blowing everywhere :. Liam is coming home from a morning with grandma and Nico just sent me this picture from his cel phone:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2026/...754566c479.jpg
The boy HATES being cold. Can you tell?
Old 12-16-2007, 06:31 PM

oh my gosh- that pic is so funny!!!! I was laughing and laughing- can he even see??? too cute.

just dropping by when everyone is sleeping. (napping)
i will not go to Etsy. Nope. Too scared. Of a lot of things.

Shydaisy- I can't even believe Micah's climbing! ahhhhhhhh! that's nuts. Oh- and don't worry about the jealousy- I am even jealous and my labours are only an hour longer!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 PM

shydaisy--that is crazy that micah was climbing!!

doudat--that is a great picture! i love it. has anyone seen that christmas movie (can't remember name) where the boy wants a beebee (don't know how to spell) gun for xmas. anyway--his brother is bundled so much his arms stick out straight to the sides. makes me think of that.

i : the : smiley...maybe b/c i'm a :-eater.

i also like this one. hale:
and this one : is pretty cool

Old 12-16-2007, 08:41 PM

ShyDaisi - That was me, Scarlet had climbed to the second stair the other day. Yesterday, she climbed on to the open dishwasher door, just looking into the dishwasher on all fours, what the heck!?

Got most of my Christmas shopping done today, thank goodness. Now the trick will be getting them into the house, wrapped and hidden from Mr. Interested in Every Little Thing, Max. Ah, the fun of Christmas, so fun!

Enjoy the snow, wish we had some, too. My folks got 8 inches, yowza.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
shydaisy--that is crazy that micah was climbing!!

doudat--that is a great picture! i love it. has anyone seen that christmas movie (can't remember name) where the boy wants a beebee (don't know how to spell) gun for xmas. anyway--his brother is bundled so much his arms stick out straight to the sides. makes me think of that.

i also like this one. hale:
and this one : is pretty cool
A Christmas Story -hilarious movie. Umm, how does placenta taste?
Old 12-16-2007, 09:47 PM

I was reading over the recent posts about an hour ago and noticed everyone talking about Etsy....Didn't know what it was. So, I googled it....and have been looking at the site for an hour straight!! You evil people putting bad thought in my brain! Now I will never get off the computer!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:

I'm a :-eater too, but how often does that come up? Maybe I should put that in my signature!!

ETA- You totally beat me to it!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I'm a :-eater too, but how often does that come up? Maybe I should put that in my signature!!

ETA- You totally beat me to it!!!
sorry you can use it too

Old 12-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
A Christmas Story -hilarious movie. Umm, how does placenta taste?
i ate it raw in a smoothie--didn't taste it in that.

the rest i ate after it was steamed and dried. i powderized it and put it in yogurt or applesauce. dh said it smelled like liver while cooking...i am a vegetarian--wouldn't know. it does have a smell even after dried, but i don't have anything to compare it to.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 PM

just keep the cats away! mine's still trying to lick the dehydrator
Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
I was reading over the recent posts about an hour ago and noticed everyone talking about Etsy....Didn't know what it was. So, I googled it....and have been looking at the site for an hour straight!! You evil people putting bad thought in my brain! Now I will never get off the computer!
i know, isn't it bad

User Tag List