**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
But they are holding steady at 678....

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#662 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Awwww, how cute are you?? I like seeing faces associated with names! And Savannah is a doll, love the one with the paci, she's just holding it in place with a finger!

Thanks!

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#663 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Micah loves eating paper, too! I try to keep him away from it though, but if he insists, I try to replace what he is eating with a blank piece of paper. (I heard ink has lead in it!) I also tried to put the paper in one of those plastic sheet protecters so he could get the crinkle sound but not actually ingest anything, but he figured out how to get it out in about 2 seconds!!
Those Tyvek mail envelopes are good for this purpose. They crinkle like paper, but don't rip.
#664 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:10 AM

This was taken on one of our more frustrating days...

Baby for sale!!

#665 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:11 AM

For some reason he has no problems with stickers on his nose....he will sit there for 15 minutes or more!!

#666 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Those Tyvek mail envelopes are good for this purpose. They crinkle like paper, but don't rip.
Thanks!! We'll have to try that!

#667 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 AM

This is my final attempt....I have GOT to get some sleep!

This was the third time Micah stood...You would never guess by his expression that it is WAY past his bedtime in this pic....

Standing....

#668 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 AM

(I think we are only ten or so behind! Work hard ladies!! See you tomorrow!)

#669 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 AM

Oh no...they are awake....and posting....and know we are on to them....

(Can you tell I need sleep? )

#670 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:19 AM

kewpie-o help!!!!

#671 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:20 AM

Where is everyone when you need them?? Can you believe someone could actually sleep at this hour??

#672 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 06:21 AM

Okay....I'm really going to bed. Goodnight/morning everyone!

#673 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Well, I said I wasn't going to get Evangeline anything for Christmas, but I got a goodmama wishbox today.

Oops.

I got a wishbox??? am I nuts???!!!???
you did not!?!!! i want one too! : but seeing as though i spend about $50 or so on kaylo...would that be fair??

you can't feel bad about it...they have amazing resale value--you could sell them in a heartbeat if you needed/wanted too

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#674 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Max is on my lap, Scarlet is crawling around the kitchen, dh is asleep and wth, why aren't they?!!

I have things to do and need some quiet.

Max just asked how I "talk" to you all, and if you can see us. Sometimes he comes up with the most interesting questions.
sounds like my household...dh is usually asleep b/f us! max sounds like such a sweetie!

#675 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I need to pour my heart out to some mommas who will understand...

I am very frustrated with using cloth dipes right now. It feels almost sacreligious (sp?) to say that. :.......but I am tired of battling rashes and it seems like when I have Scout in sposies, her skin clears right up. I just don't know if I have the time/energy/money to troubleshoot what is wrong with us using cloth...wash routine??? Is it still yeast?? I've tried going all natural fibers to no avail. I've tried fleece to keep her skin dry. Nope. I haven't really explored all avenues when it comes to detergent...but honestly, I just can't stand the thought of stripping the dipes again so we can try another detergent, only to have THAT detergent not work for us. I've come to the conclusion that Scout has very sensitive skin and SOMETHING about using cloth is not agreeing with her.

Also, and I HATE to admit this, she seems more comfortable in sposies and sleeps better. : I was telling DH how much Scout LOVES naked time and he replied, "I don't blame her - she does have this bulky wad of fabric between her legs all the time."

Add to all of that, our water bill has more than doubled since we started cloth...I think because I am such a freak about rinsing and rinsing and rinsing (which makes me even more irritated and confused about the whole rash thing, because you would think I would have ZERO build-up with the amount of rinses I do! ). The couple of times I have had to strip the diapers, the water bill tripled. I honestly don't think we are saving money at this point.

But even with everything I just described, I just don't want to give up using cloth!!!! I have Scout in Seventh Generation sposies right now and her rash seems to be clearing up. Those suckers are expensive, but if that's what it takes for my baby to have healthy bum skin, then I guess (gulp!) we will have to go that route.

I feel so sad about all of this!! I know it is silly to be sad and "mourn" the possibility that cloth dipes may not be working for us...but I love cloth diapers and I still believe that they are best for babies. It seems like I can't really justify continuing using them at this point, though. I don't know. I don't want to make a decision and do anything crazy like selling my stash just yet.
you have to do what feels/works best! both of my boys always sleep in sposies (it's just easier for me!) and i use sposies if we are going out for a long time and sometimes when i just need a break and don't feel like more laundry. did you look at getting seventh gen from 1800diapers.com or one of those websites?? i get them from there and it's a lot cheaper! plus if you get your total up to $50.00 it's freeshipping.
ya know--i had a hard time when i started using cloth and i just get to a point where i felt good if i used one or two a day...and i stopped worrying about doing all or nothing

#676 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:39 AM

Hi everyone! Ill have to go back up and read some but I dont have much time and wanted to say hi!

I havent posted at MDC much, just kind of lurked because its SUCH a big board. Thought Id join in here with my April boy though I stopped posting at my other April 07 board because I was tierd of getting irritated by all the 'mainstreamedness' but it is so nice to talk to mommies who have babies the same age!
#677 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
you did not!?!!! i want one too! : but seeing as though i spend about $50 or so on kaylo...would that be fair??

you can't feel bad about it...they have amazing resale value--you could sell them in a heartbeat if you needed/wanted too
Buy one!!!
Or I could split one with you

Aaaah, the Goodmama love.
#678 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:53 AM

Oh and Kewpie, I think sposies at night are a good idea. When Liam had a super bad rash that wouldn't go away we did a few days with sposies. Then we gradually went back to cloth. His butt is now as good as new!
#679 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Trying to boost posts...

I chose a milk recipient and I can't tell you how difficult it was. I have 250oz so far. This is my first time donating to a complete stranger and the 3rd baby to have my milk. I feel very lucky to be able to help. So many families are in need of milk. If anyone has extra, please consider donating.
http://milkshare.birthingforlife.com
Totally jealous of your stash! I fight for my ounces. How wonderful of you to donate!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#680 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 09:59 AM

YOu all had a busy night! I have to head off to work now, but will be back when I'm pumping. I still have 4 pages to read!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#681 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
BTW....they have been spying on us, too!

Quote:
This was taken on one of our more frustrating days...

Baby for sale!!
That's a good deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung84 View Post
Hi everyone! Ill have to go back up and read some but I dont have much time and wanted to say hi!

I havent posted at MDC much, just kind of lurked because its SUCH a big board. Thought Id join in here with my April boy though I stopped posting at my other April 07 board because I was tierd of getting irritated by all the 'mainstreamedness' but it is so nice to talk to mommies who have babies the same age!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#682 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I need to pour my heart out to some mommas who will understand...

I am very frustrated with using cloth dipes right now. It feels almost sacreligious (sp?) to say that. :.......but I am tired of battling rashes and it seems like when I have Scout in sposies, her skin clears right up. I just don't know if I have the time/energy/money to troubleshoot what is wrong with us using cloth...wash routine??? . I don't know. I don't want to make a decision and do anything crazy like selling my stash just yet.
I think it sounds like you should take a break. Really, there's no harm. With the holidays coming up, and everything, either try sposies at night, or just go off cloth for a week or two. Let the rash clear up, wash your dipes later, relax for a bit. Don't sell them, just try to eliminate the problem without using them, when you have the time and energy. There's no diaper police, you don't have to be a nazi about it! Don't feel bad at all- the fact that you have cloth and have been using it is great!
Like someone else said, you could try probiotics, washing differently, clearing up the rash and such things in sposies, then go back and try it again at daytime, and if all goes well, at night too. My advice before you try them again is washing with no detergent once or twice, and a bit of bleach (green) or vinigar or just hot hot water, and dry outside if you can. Then you don't worry about detergent, and if they're already clean you don't have to worry about poop. The yeast will be killed, as well as no irritants in the dipes. (I swear the one time I forgot detergent they came out cleaner and fresher than when I put it in!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Speaking of cloth, but on a different vein, DS is outgrowing his night time diapers. Sigh, they are one size fit all too.
I am kind of sad since I love my Baby Behinds. Sigh, to be fair he is moving into 24 month clothes now so it isn't like he is a little baby, but I was hoping my one size diapers would last longer then 7 months.
On the plus side this gives me a great excuse to try a Goodmama diaper if I can get one when she stocks.
Funny, we had some BBH too and Eva was way too big for them- one size. Weird. Well, if you do try the gm you'll love it- it fits so great.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#683 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:48 AM

so many posts! so much reading everytime I come on here!

Shydaisy- were you really on at 4am??? Love the pic of Micah standing- his smile is so cute and proud!!And so cute about one little sock.

Doudat- you should video/record Liam singing- I'd love to hear his sweet little french voice singing.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#684 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 AM

But I love my BBH, I wished they were bigger as well... They still fit but I don't know for how long. I find they are better than anything else for nights (yep, even better than GM!).
#685 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 AM

Shydaisy: Micah is so cute, he has such an interesting face... Like liam had. Not so much chubby baby cute, but a face I could really stare at... He's gorgeous!
#686 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
My car quit today. But I'm glad, really, as I am so tired of that @(%&! car. I had just been to the post office, sending off the last packages, and to get groceries. I crossed the bridge toward home and the car started chugging and jerking, so I pulled over and called dh. Then the damn thing wouldn't even start. So it sits.

The up side? I get a new-to-me VW stationwagon from our friend. Yippee!
Yay! cute vw stationwagon! that's great- 'new' cars are always fun.

Quote:
I think she might be teething again. Her cheeks are bright pink and she's been pressing her thumb up on her top gums a lot.
Eva's the same, her cheek/s go pink on and off- but nothing yet. all that work and then nothing- poor girl!
A

#687 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Hanno: cool for the milkshare, wow! I can't pump more than 1oz if I'm really lucky. I wish I could though. It must feel amazing to be able to give that gift to someone.
#688 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Hahaha, Queen & I are the only 2 online I see!
#689 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 AM

Red cheeks: Romi has perpetual red cheeks. Gets really bright red in the evening. And they're so hot to the touch! No teeth in sight...
#690 of 1454 Old 12-18-2007, 10:55 AM

For those looking for mamapads, these look so cool!
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=66315&vid=405

ETA: she's on Etsy too!!
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5130820

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page