Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
And for my post :
My package is sent!!

::
Yay! grats on 1000 posts and sending your package.

Mine is still waiting on one purchase that is somewhere in the vast realm of the post office heading my way, hopefully it will get here tomorrow.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung84 View Post
Hi everyone! Ill have to go back up and read some but I dont have much time and wanted to say hi!

I havent posted at MDC much, just kind of lurked because its SUCH a big board. Thought Id join in here with my April boy though I stopped posting at my other April 07 board because I was tierd of getting irritated by all the 'mainstreamedness' but it is so nice to talk to mommies who have babies the same age!

Welcome!

We'd love to get to know you more! Sophia is my baby.

pak

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
: Top of the mornin' to everyone.

Sorry I have been MIA. The semester is finally over. It has, by far, been the most difficult yet. I have one more after this one and then I GRADUATE!!! I am so excited to see the end in sight. I haven't read the thread. Just bits and pieces. I have been so far behind on everything that is going on. I did see that Queen wants a sewing machine. That's awesome. I have one and I am not real swell with it but I am about to learn more about sewing. Maybe we will learn together. I plan to use it to make draparies and things like that because we can't afford to buy them and we need them pretty bad to absorb some of the noise in this house. There are a lot of hard surfaces and it can be quite loud at times.

kewpie-o - I agree with what Queen said about the diapers. Don't be so hard on yourself about it. Also, have you tried using Sportwash? It doesn't leave residue or soap in the diapers. It worked really well for us. However, we aren't using cloth this time because our well is running out of water and we have to conserve. I can relate to what you are going through though. Elijah used to get diaper rashes too and then it would clear right up when we used a sposie on him. I know it can be frustrating.

doudat - . Sorry you are dealing with sleep issues. I know that can be a real pain. Ashton didn't want to go to bed last night. He was up til 10. I know that isn't late compared to some of the times you all are dealing with but it was late enough. Oh and my best friend's ex-boyfriend was a bad sleeper as a baby and his mom started drinking a dark beer or 2 everynight before nursing him (per the doctors orders) and he began sleeping soundly every since (of course he is 27 or something now ). He's fine. Seems like a pretty intellegent guy to me.

Well, Ashton is doing all the stuff normal 7 month olds do. Sitting, crawling and pulling to standing. He cruises a little too. It is going by so quickly. We will be having birthdays before you know it. He has 2 bottom teeth now also. You can really see him thinking most of the time and figuring things out. He is a little booger too. I put him on the floor for him to explore and he just crawls right over to me and hangs on my leg.

I'm really going to try to keep up with the thread for a while. At least until school starts back.
Glad that your semester has gone well.

Desmond does the crawl over and hang on my legs thing too, it is normally my cue to pick him up, but sometimes he squirms to get back down and just seems to want to work on standing and cruising using my chair and being close to me.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 12-18-2007, 02:48 PM

Now I've gotten through all the posts, Desmond was up every 2 hours still. Sigh, I really would like him to get more sleep, sometimes cry it out seems like such a good plan, and then I think "who could do that to a baby? He just wants his Mommy."

I think he may have woken up a bit early today because he is really whiny. Poor baby. He didn't want to nurse and go back to sleep though. His normal toys and random electronic remotes and stuff are not keeping him happy right now though. Poor baby.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:48 PM

I thought my bite site was healed up, but now after pumping it started bleeding. Drats.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
I thought my bite site was healed up, but now after pumping it started bleeding. Drats.
Ouch that sucks . Hopefully it will heal up soon.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 PM

So I'm reading my other mainstream board and see someone post about CIO.

Their baby cried for almost 3 hours before exhausting herself and falling asleep. I don't get it, how could anyone let anyone cry for that long without going in and comforting them? I mean Desmond has cried for 2 or 3 minutes before I've gotten to him before, but I couldn't imaging going even 5 minutes with him crying. I just don't understand.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I missed most of the last few pages....will have to catch up later. I think I'm going to try what queen and other posters have suggested about taking a cloth dipe hiatus (sp?), while keeping our stash and figuring out what to do with it later.

So, last night DH noticed that Scout felt a little warm around 8:30, but she was still playing fine, albeit a tiny bit cranky. Then at like 2:30 am, she cried and I laid down next to her to feed her, but she was really fighting it. We got up and walked around and I realized she was burning up. Her temp was 103.2 and has hovered there ever since. She vomitted once and does have a runny nose, but her chest sounds clear and the snot is clear in color. She is extremely cranky and there was a long stretch in the morning when I could not get her to nurse or take any water. I don't really want to, but I'm going to take her to the ped in about an hour. I have no idea what they'll prescribe...I don't even know if she NEEDS to see a doc, but me being a first time mom and all, I'm paranoid about letting something serious go without seeking help. I'm confused. :
Old 12-18-2007, 04:52 PM

kewpie-o you have to do what feels right to you. and remember, you really know your child best hopefully it's just a bug or something

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 12-18-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:

You guys are nuts!! I don't think I'd ever need 12 GM!! That's an insane amount of one kind of diaper! So I'd be happy with 3 more, totaling 7 GM's. After that, no more. Seriously
hehehe I have 40 of the same kind of diaper
Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
So, last night DH noticed that Scout felt a little warm around 8:30, but she was still playing fine, albeit a tiny bit cranky. Then at like 2:30 am, she cried and I laid down next to her to feed her, but she was really fighting it. We got up and walked around and I realized she was burning up. Her temp was 103.2 and has hovered there ever since. She vomitted once and does have a runny nose, but her chest sounds clear and the snot is clear in color. She is extremely cranky and there was a long stretch in the morning when I could not get her to nurse or take any water. I don't really want to, but I'm going to take her to the ped in about an hour. I have no idea what they'll prescribe...I don't even know if she NEEDS to see a doc, but me being a first time mom and all, I'm paranoid about letting something serious go without seeking help. I'm confused. :
Oh mama!! I'm so sorry. We have been dealing with viruses here too. Peanut had a temp of 103 and Ashton had one of 101 not last night but the night before. We have all been sickly around here. I don't know how you feel about giving her infant ibprofen but that can help ease her aches and bring down her temp a little. You probably don't want to bring it all the way down since it is doing her a favor. I hope all works out. If she has a virus, it is unlikely that the ped will prescribe anything for her. The virus will have to run its course . I hope she feels better soon.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Well, I missed most of the last few pages....will have to catch up later. I think I'm going to try what queen and other posters have suggested about taking a cloth dipe hiatus (sp?), while keeping our stash and figuring out what to do with it later.

To cool her down you can either take a tepid bath with her, or put cool washcloths on her back and chest and head. She probably won't like it, but it will cool her down. This does happen with teething, so hopefully that is all it is. Hope she feels better soon!

Max used to get a high fever at night, I figured he was fighting something off, especially when he'd been around other people.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!
Old 12-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
ouch! I'm sorry
Old 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM

I hope Scout feels better, but I'd go in too.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:

Poor Scout hopefully she'll feel better soon. I would be going into the Doctor too if Desmond had a fever like that.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:23 PM

So DH just scheduled Desmond's 9 month well baby appointment and they were apparently hassling him about when we were going to bring him in for his shots. We are selectively vaxing so I have no problem waiting for his 9 month appointment to get his next one. Which is what we are doing. Considering how slow we are going on them baby boy is going to be getting a shot ever doctor's appointment till he's 20. At least I'll feel better about it because they won't all be at once.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM

Oh and I let May DDC know that we know that they know we know.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hahahaha, did you think we'd let you win without a fight? :

ooops, I just upped your post count
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
:

SPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

NAK
about to leave for the ped appt. I don't have the energy to get chewed out about not vaxing and not going to her wbv's...I just don't. Hopefully no one hassles me.

hee hee - that's funny how May knows we're in a race with them now.

mclisa - hope your poor nipper heals very soon!

Wish me luck that I stand my ground and don't let them bully me or make me feel stupid for being the crazy lady who never takes her kid to the doctor.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Oh and I let May DDC know that we know that they know we know.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat http://www.mothering.com/discussions...s/viewpost.gif
Hahahaha, did you think we'd let you win without a fight? :

ooops, I just upped your post count

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be http://www.mothering.com/discussions...s/viewpost.gif
:

SPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Ok, so I posted that last one all weird. Oh well.

I hope Scout feels better soon. Let us know what they say. Ashton hasn't been to the doctor yet either. I saw the ped the other day for Peanut cause he had a high fever (they said he had croup) and the dr. didn't even say a thing about Ashton not coming yet. I was glad.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
shydaisy--i'd be online at 4am too if i got out of work at 2...what do you do??
I key mail images for the post office...If the machine can't read it (i.e. illegible, missing info, foreign, etc.) then I have to enter the info I can read. Since EVERYone is mailing things this time of year we have to work late. Bad for sleep, good for the pocket.

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 12-18-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Wish me luck that I stand my ground and don't let them bully me or make me feel stupid for being the crazy lady who never takes her kid to the doctor.
Good luck!! Hope Scout is ok... Give us an update please.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i could share three.
:
Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 PM

Oh and I have a lot of different diapers. But no more than maybe 8 of each brand. Am I weird?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So I hear Desmond shaking something and I look over and somehow he's gotten the big bottle of Tylenol, I don't even want to know where he found it. It does make a great rattling sound though. I took it away anyways.
I took a Gerber baby juice plastic bottle (WIC gave it to us for him but I drank it), and I rinsed it and dried it and added some pinto beans. It is one of his favorite toys -- especially for car rides....

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I took a Gerber baby juice plastic bottle (WIC gave it to us for him but I drank it), and I rinsed it and dried it and added some pinto beans. It is one of his favorite toys -- especially for car rides....
Why would WIC give juice to a baby??
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM

doudat-
happy :
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Oh nice idea, I need to find a bottle to use though.

And I still don't understand the whole babies and juice thing. I see WIC follows the belief though.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
And for my post :
My package is sent!!

::

Congrats!!!

User Tag List