**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 1454 Old 12-03-2007, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh and I wanted to add: if we do a swap, it should be soon since a bunch of us are in Canada and mail is sloooow. Just a thought!
#92 of 1454 Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
and condoms? no wonder it's been 3 times!!::
I know - I so HATE condoms, but that is what we use. : I just don't like the way the pill messes w/ my body and I am too lazy to use NFP - plus DH is too scared to use just NFP w/o any other protection. So I guess it's raincoats for now. Phooey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
We make fun of the name of the seat "The Alpha Omega Elite" it's sounds so intense for a baby chair

Okay, not to keep talking about my period, but man-o-man, it's bad! My crotch hurts, sort of like post-partum achy-ness. I almost peed myself today (I'm pretty sure a little trickled out) - and that happened to me right after having the baby too. And the cramps are pretty horrendous. Is it normal to feel like you just gave birth during your first pp period?? :

I think I have Christmas gifts figured out. I wanted to do more, but with money being tight, everyone in my family is getting framed portraits of Scout, an ornament, and some homemade baked goods. I can't resist buying for my niece and 2 nephews, so I am going to get them something nice. I am making a diaper bag for my niece because she is obsessed with doll babies. Inside, I will include a couple homemade doll cloth diapers and some other random baby supplies like bibs and booties and stuff. I thought about putting a couple newborn size baby bottles in it too, but I just out of stubbornness, I don't want to give her the idea that bottle-feeding is "normal". (although, I'm sure she probably already thinks that) For the two boys, I'm probably going to get them some cheapo Power Rangers and Elmo crap :...because that is what they love and asked for.

Teeth inventory: 2 bottom teeth here.

Hhhmmm...what else? I dunno. I'll check back later.
#93 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i hate to tell ya, but it only takes once to make a babe
Yeah, yeah, I know , but we pull and pray, soooo, he pulled and I prayed, what can I say.

Don't worry, you'll all be the first to know.
#94 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Yes.
Ion was our first time in 2 years !
drop the odds! but what did you do for fun??!!

Quote:
I keep making excuses and I really think I could just use some help getting it written. Someone to ask questions to help me remember details, to help me focus on the positive without neglecting the negative. I would like to have it done by his birth day.

No period here and good thing because I have no pads made, no underwear that fit and I don't know where my cup is or if I need the next size.

We make fun of the name of the seat "The Alpha Omega Elite" it's sounds so intense for a baby chair I've thought the same of your husband And don't think I haven't looked at your pics and thought "How is she so radiant all the time?" "My goodness, how does she paint and maintain an energy efficient home with 2 babies when I can barely wash my face or make dinner??"
Are you looking for even more work because I would totally commission a painting : I'm not traditionally pretty but I do have strong and interesting features that I could see as fun to paint A nursing painting would be ideal.
I put on many layers of clothing for the inlaws house or church because nothing really fits or covers everything or is warm enough. At home I don't care what shows

Or maybe a commission for toques and mittens?? We could use those as well!
(I am sooooo not crunchy, just a little crispy around the edges)
We do hope to move back one day but it may end up being Ottawa/ Hull because we're too anglo for a good job.

A diaper sprayer could take care of it in a couple seconds
I'm feeling better today but still spacey headed.
For the birth story- you should just write a crappy job out one day, then you'll have something to add to and change until you're happy. That works well, otherwise you'll take forever to write it all down.
I need a knew cup too- do I really need to order the 'after vaginal birth' size?
I would love to do a painting of you! Anytime! Even for 'fun'!
We don't have the same seat actually, I have the slimmed down/less safe version. I looked at that seat and said 'good grief'.
Ottawa! Vote for Ottawa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizLiz View Post
No period here yet... I'm not expecting it for awhile. With ds my period came back at 10 months (we weaned then... a long story). And with dd1 no period until 21 months. My dd1 nursed TONS up until 2 years (she didn't eat any significant amount of solids until then) and she was still actively nursing at night. I'd like to hope that I'll get many more months off this time around, but dd2 just doesn't nurse as much as dd1 did and I think she will take to solids much more than her sister did.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself .
wow, that sounds great- that would be so nice. I really enjoy not having to worry about it at all.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#95 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 AM

Goodmama stalkers- I'm on tonight so let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Okay, not to keep talking about my period, but man-o-man, it's bad! My crotch hurts, sort of like post-partum achy-ness. I almost peed myself today (I'm pretty sure a little trickled out) - and that happened to me right after having the baby too. And the cramps are pretty horrendous. Is it normal to feel like you just gave birth during your first pp period?? :
I remember the first after Axel was like that. Like, what!?? It was crazy. Poor girl. Go have a glass of wine. And after that, my crotch ached every period. It sucked. Why? I have no idea. I actually fogot about it until you mentioned it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Yeah, yeah, I know , but we pull and pray, soooo, he pulled and I prayed, what can I say.

Don't worry, you'll all be the first to know.
Haha, well we just throw caution to the wind. Aren't we bad? Just like a couple of teenagers.
ya right!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#96 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 12:51 AM

I'm off... The GM is taking too darn long. I have 2 people that *might* get me a OV if they can... Which probably means no diaper for me. Oh well.

Oh, before I go, I totally got the crotch pain too. I had forgotten as well. Like pressure pain. Weird. I'm not looking forward to that again.

Maximom: I thought you weren't dtd?? What happened to that old excuse? I think Queen was bang on with you!

Dodo. Bonne nuit.
#97 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Glad I'm not alone and crazy with the whole crotch pain thing. Gees, the things our mommas never tell us!

DH and I are like teenagers in a different way.....DH just bought a Wii yesterday and I am addicted to Mario Galaxy and he has been playing Guitar Hero III for like 4 hours. I'm sad because Scout wouldn't really nap well today, I didn't get to play. And now Scout is asleep and DH is hogging it!

Speaking of which, I put Scout to bed at 7:30 this evening. She was so tired from not napping much today. I know it'll come back to bite me in the @ss. She'll be up at 3 am ready to party, I just know it. She has already waken up once to nurse so far.
#98 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:12 AM

Okay I give up, where can I find these Goodmama diapers? I want to at least see what they look like, not that I need anymore diapers.

We love our Wii, though we like our xbox 360 even more, and we're debating a ps2 and ps3 (though probably not on the ps3 till next December), of course the biggest problem is we have one tv, so even 2 consoles is a bit much, 4 might be overkill. I was going to get DH Guitar Hero 3 for the xbox 360 for the holidays, but I can't find it anywhere, so I may just get him a playstation 2 and a game or two and get him guitar hero 3 in Feb for Valentines day instead. Since nothing says "I love you honey" like a new video game .

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#99 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post

Maximom: I thought you weren't dtd?? What happened to that old excuse? I think Queen was bang on with you!

Dodo. Bonne nuit.
Well compared to how often we used to dtd, I guess once a month doesn't seem like really doing it! But hanno's got me beat with once in two years.

Ok, both my kids are still awake, what's going on? Like wide awake, darn it. Oh well, at least they are playing quietly and I can see what's up here. I should be doing the dishes though.
#100 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Glad I'm not alone and crazy with the whole crotch pain thing. Gees, the things our mommas never tell us!

DH and I are like teenagers in a different way.....DH just a Wii yesterday and I am addicted to Mario Galaxy and he has been playing Guitar Hero III for like 4 hours. I'm sad because Scout wouldn't really nap well today, I didn't get to play. And now Scout is asleep and DH is hogging it!

Speaking of which, I put Scout to bed at 7:30 this evening. She was so tired from not napping much today. I know it'll come back to bite me in the @ss. She'll be up at 3 am ready to party, I just know it. She has already waken up once to nurse so far.

We love our Wii i want to get Mario galaxy for us! but for me i love wii sports lol and the kids and i love mario party 8 thats a blast, oh and tip for playing with a little one....ergo or mei tei on your back hehehe

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#101 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
We love our Wii i want to get Mario galaxy for us! but for me i love wii sports lol and the kids and i love mario party 8 thats a blast, oh and tip for playing with a little one....ergo or mei tei on your back hehehe
I've found just giving him the extra controller with no batteries in it, works wonders when playing. That way he has his own controller and isn't quite as insistent about getting mine.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#102 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
We love our Wii, though we like our xbox 360 even more, and we're debating a ps2 and ps3 (though probably not on the ps3 till next December), of course the biggest problem is we have one tv, so even 2 consoles is a bit much, 4 might be overkill. I was going to get DH Guitar Hero 3 for the xbox 360 for the holidays, but I can't find it anywhere, so I may just get him a playstation 2 and a game or two and get him guitar hero 3 in Feb for Valentines day instead. Since nothing says "I love you honey" like a new video game .
I think if I got Dh ANY of those consoles he'd wouldn't mind how infrequent our "escapades" are...He'd fall in love all over again.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#103 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 AM

Thanks doudat for your supportive words, but to no avail, the night went just like I thought: she nursed constantly for hours
But.......the next morning the tooth was thru the gums!!! So she's better until the next one.
3 teeth down, how many left?

Quote:
did someone say their dp was making wooden toys?? i'm going through our toys and getting rid of any they make me wary of lead. i've turned into a sort of lead-freak now that i know that so much of my house is lead-y. i at least want their toys to be really good.
: That's me. Sorry I never got back to people who contacted me : My Dh and his brothers are bummed, their maple supplier fell thru until spring. If anything changes I'll let you all know. Unless you don't care about what kind of wood. Let me know if pine's ok... it's just maple smoother, in general.

Also no AF here. I'm so glad except for the libido part of course. But yeah now that some of you said the postpartum crampy aches are worse than pre-partum (is that a word? ) I feel like I don't mind if it ever comes back. It's been nice

I feel so festive lately, I think the holidays are way more fun with a baby. I feel like I'm forming traditions and seeing things differently, like TOTALLY different from the way I experienced holidays before. Anyone else feel that way? I'm trying to cherish it, I have a sneaking suspicion that it gets harder as kids get older and busier.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#104 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 AM

doudat--we can do a gm order together sometime...i didn't stay on long enough to get anything this time.

i can't remember if i had crotch pain or not...: i can't remember much when i'm bf

so, whoever wants to do an exchange...email me your addy to oldgatesfarm(@)gmail.com.

and what do we want to do--just a mama swap or include items for kids too--let me knoW... do we want to make a wishlist (sort of like we did with ddc exchange)? LMK soon!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#105 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 10:12 AM

ok, thegoodmama.com
I'm a huge _________ (insert degrading adjective) I stayed up till midnight, to have her cart crash. Bla!
But a friend got some!
A

#106 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Haha, well we just throw caution to the wind. Aren't we bad? Just like a couple of teenagers.
ya right!
A

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#107 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
ok, thegoodmama.com
I'm a huge _________ (insert degrading adjective) I stayed up till midnight, to have her cart crash. Bla!
But a friend got some!
A
that stiiinks! midnight for diapers

#108 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 AM

oh yeah...new vids of zenon

www.beesbeetsandbabies.blogspot.com

#109 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:

ah! he said it!!! I'm tearing up :
#110 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

my fave part of the video is when kaylo said "Smell my breff!"
#111 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
so, whoever wants to do an exchange...email me your addy to oldgatesfarm(@)gmail.com.

and what do we want to do--just a mama swap or include items for kids too--let me knoW... do we want to make a wishlist (sort of like we did with ddc exchange)? LMK soon!

Address sent, and I am good with either just a mama swap or a mama and kids swap. A wishlist might be nice though.

#112 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

A couple new pics of Scout:

Hi mom

Pretty baby skin
#113 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 01:44 PM

kris-Your videos are TOO cute!!! I love your voice-you sound so calm and peaceful---I aspire to that. What adorable kiddos.
#114 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 02:12 PM

Quote:

What cutie-pies!!! Funny, I always pronounced Zenon "Zeenon" and now I see it's "Zay-non". Of course I only pronounced it in my head but it surprised me nonetheless! And Kaylo is a doll, nothing close to crazy Liam, I loved his negotiation skills for the 2 cookies! Liam would've just yelled in my face to get more cookies
#115 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:

Hi mom

Pretty baby skin
What a pretty girl, and, of course, love the diaper
#116 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
kris-Your videos are TOO cute!!! I love your voice-you sound so calm and peaceful---I aspire to that. What adorable kiddos.
i am most definately not calm and peaceful all the time (like when i lost it with kaylo this morn!) but i aspire to it too

#117 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
What cutie-pies!!! Funny, I always pronounced Zenon "Zeenon" and now I see it's "Zay-non". Of course I only pronounced it in my head but it surprised me nonetheless! And Kaylo is a doll, nothing close to crazy Liam, I loved his negotiation skills for the 2 cookies! Liam would've just yelled in my face to get more cookies
oh yea...that was a rare moment (caught on film too) he usually has a meltdown whenever i say no.

#118 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 03:32 PM

Quote:

Hi mom

Pretty baby skin
she is beautiful!! what pretty hair and eyes!

#119 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 03:34 PM

so, how about some votes on how much to spend for exchange and who we are doing something for (mamas or mama/kids)

#120 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 04:08 PM

I vote mama and kids, no idea how much. $30 would probably be my limit.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page