**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To defy Hanno and her abandonment of Montreal, I vote mama only, just cause it would be easier since we're so last minute.
And Romi shows such blatant disregard for christmas anyways. You should've seen how she ignored santa the other day. The man had a tear in his eye from her obvious nonchalance.
#122 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I'll toss in another vote for momma only. I know I never get myself anything because there are just so many cute things I want for Scout - so this might be a good chance to treat ourselves for once. $25-$30 sounds reasonable to me
#123 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 09:13 PM

i think the 25.00 range sounds good. and i'm up for mama or mama/kids except if we add the kids it sucks up a lot of the 25.00 limit...

so..i was making a huge batch of granola for xmas presents and my pyrex cake pan exploded. zenon was so scared. there was glass and granola EVERYWHERE!! (and now i have to buy a lot more stuff and do it again): at least he didn't get hurt--and kaylo slept through it all!

oh and zenon has pinkeye...i'm trying bm in the eye--hope it works quick! and hope kaylo doesn't get it...i can just imagine what fun it will be to squirt bm in his eyes

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#124 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 09:18 PM

kewpie-o-- i snooped on your blog and saw the new flower bsww...i love it. i just saw those on a dipe website and want to get one for zenon there is a new bummis wrap coming out (also in adorable prints) i think i'm going to try one of them too.

#125 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 09:19 PM

oh and i just love her hair--it's pretty long already!

#126 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 09:27 PM

$25 limit works for me, and I am fine with either just mama or mama/kid. I'm happy either way.

So we just had dinner and Desmond ate 3 stalks of broccoli, some Tilapia and some yogurt, much smaller amounts then me and DH but it reminded me my baby is 8 months old tomorrow and growing so fast.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#127 of 1454 Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
kewpie-o-- i snooped on your blog and saw the new flower bsww...i love it. i just saw those on a dipe website and want to get one for zenon there is a new bummis wrap coming out (also in adorable prints) i think i'm going to try one of them too.
For anything Bummis, let me know. The store here in Montreal sells seconds and the covers range from 5 to 6.50$. They even have the new Super Brites. So if you want some, no problem. I'll get them and ship them out to you. I've done for a few mamas on Diaperswappers already
#128 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 AM

sorry, I vote mama only, or kid only. Moreso mama, though, I"m selfish like that! Oh no, but what to get??? the $30ish price range is perfect.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#129 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 AM

Hi girls
Just a quick hello before I go to bed.
We're having a bit of a rough week here. Dp's boss decided not to pay him:. He's basically going bankrupt and screwing everyone. So I've been a bit bummed because we wouldn't even be in this situation if we'd stayed out west. I guess I'm feeling a bit guilty although dp assures me he';s happy to be home and not to worry about it.
Thankfully my parents have helped us out and we were already making all our Christmas gifts so it's not too bad!
Other than that, things are pretty good...Arlo is trying desperately to crawl and is eating like crazy. He is loving food and today I actually mushed up a banana and spoon fed it to him:and he had a great time with that. Gobbled it right up and everytime I slowed down he would hit my arm for more!
I may take you up on that offer for some bummis doudat-my dryer has been eating my covers:
A

oh and krismarie I cannot believe Zenon and his talking! So cute..
And Scout is as adorable as ever!!

Oh and no af here: and Arlo has his two bottom teeth.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#130 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 12:37 AM

Hi girls. I'm dragging tonight. The kids both were up at 5:30 this morning. Scarlet napped but Max is still going strong. Amazing.

I'm up for a mama swap, too.

Wish I had a video cam, Scarlet is doing this head nodding thing now, so cute.

Gotta run.
#131 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
I love bummis - they're so dependable!

I'm thinking that I might finally go ahead and include a link to my blog in my siggy. The only thing that has been stopping me is paranoia that people I know IRL will somehow stumble across my posts here on MDC and then be led to my blog. I bitch and moan about a few friends and family members on the blog, so I keep it a secret. But I think my paranoia is unfounded...because really, if anyone in my life is snoopy enough to google key words that would lead them to my personal posts on mommy boards like this, then they deserve to read what I have to say about them.

Yay - I'm excited about the swap!

finn'smama - gees - that really sucks about your DP's job!! I have fears of something like that happening to DH because he works for a very small mom-n-pop type company that is relatively new. I'm glad it won't really affect your Christmas too much, though - that's one of the great things about hand-making gifts.
#132 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Hi girls
Just a quick hello before I go to bed.
We're having a bit of a rough week here. Dp's boss decided not to pay him:. He's basically going bankrupt and screwing everyone. So I've been a bit bummed because we wouldn't even be in this situation if we'd stayed out west. I guess I'm feeling a bit guilty although dp assures me he';s happy to be home and not to worry about it.
Thankfully my parents have helped us out and we were already making all our Christmas gifts so it's not too bad!
Other than that, things are pretty good...Arlo is trying desperately to crawl and is eating like crazy. He is loving food and today I actually mushed up a banana and spoon fed it to him:and he had a great time with that. Gobbled it right up and everytime I slowed down he would hit my arm for more!
I may take you up on that offer for some bummis doudat-my dryer has been eating my covers:
A

oh and krismarie I cannot believe Zenon and his talking! So cute..
And Scout is as adorable as ever!!

Oh and no af here: and Arlo has his two bottom teeth.
that's horrible! you can't feel guilty---it wasn't right for you out west! and everything has a way of working itself out (and i believe it always ends up good) even if it's so hard along the way

#133 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
For anything Bummis, let me know. The store here in Montreal sells seconds and the covers range from 5 to 6.50$. They even have the new Super Brites. So if you want some, no problem. I'll get them and ship them out to you. I've done for a few mamas on Diaperswappers already
sounds wonderful! i'd love some!! whenever (and i mean whenever--like in the next few months) it works out for you, i'd take a bunch of larges (like 6 if they are all in the 5-6.00 range) (and the us/ca dollars are the same right now--right?) i love prints : and would take a couple super brites (included in the 6). email me to talk $$$/shipping. wow, how exciting...cheap bummis!

#134 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 AM

so how about a FRIDAY deadline to join the exchange??
sounds like it's a mama-only exchange
and those of you who are joining, how about answering a few questions-- like

FAVE COLOR:

FAVE INDULGENCE:

WANTS:

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS:

and add anything else

#135 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 AM

So, Birth to Three came out yesterday to evaluate Pippa. They had been out when she was 8 weeks old, but she was developmentally fine then. However, she is now lagging behind, as I've mentioned here, and they agreed. The physical therapist could even tell which side her brain bleed was on just by watching her. Her gross motor skills are quite behind. I supposed it's to be expected that any baby that spends any significant amount of time in the NICU is going to need Birth to Three at some point.

So the PT wants to see her every week for at least 6 months, but possibly up to a year. OTOH, if she does as well at this as she did at learning to nurse, she just needs to be shown what to do and then takes off from there. The PT gave us some activities to start doing with her, and she will be back next Wednesday.

I have to admit to you all that it is hard to see all your sweet babes sitting, crawling, and standing. Not that I would take it away from you -- never that. I just want it for my girl too. :
#136 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinsMama View Post
So, Birth to Three came out yesterday to evaluate Pippa. They had been out when she was 8 weeks old, but she was developmentally fine then. However, she is now lagging behind, as I've mentioned here, and they agreed. The physical therapist could even tell which side her brain bleed was on just by watching her. Her gross motor skills are quite behind. I supposed it's to be expected that any baby that spends any significant amount of time in the NICU is going to need Birth to Three at some point.

So the PT wants to see her every week for at least 6 months, but possibly up to a year. OTOH, if she does as well at this as she did at learning to nurse, she just needs to be shown what to do and then takes off from there. The PT gave us some activities to start doing with her, and she will be back next Wednesday.

I have to admit to you all that it is hard to see all your sweet babes sitting, crawling, and standing. Not that I would take it away from you -- never that. I just want it for my girl too. :
mama.
I hope with the help she learns quickly.
What kind of things do you have to do with her?

A

#137 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

corbinsmama, I hope there will be a time in the future when you look back and it seems unbelieveable that Pippa was ever lagging behind at all. Something tells me that will happen - maybe it'll be just like you said with the breastfeeding and she will just learn what to do and take off, never looking back. I know we will all love to hear about her milestones as she progresses.

For the swap....gosh, I don't even remember what I like/dislike or what my tastes are anymore since having a baby....except when it comes to cloth diapers and other baby-related items. How sad. But I'll try...

LIKES: I love purses. (big ones that can double as a diaper bag) I am sort of a purse addict. : I like handmade items of all kinds. And smelly-good stuff is nice too. I prefer silver jewelry with earthy stones much more than gold tone jewelry. I also really like retro-y stuff (mid-century to 70's). I don't have any momma pads and have been thinking about making some, but just haven't found the time.

FAVE COLOR:
earthy tones - browns, burgundy...but I like bright colors too. (how's that for being specific?)

FAVE INDULGENCE: I would say that my favorite indulgences are yummy fatty rich foods of any kind...but pretend I didn't say that because I'm on weight watchers. :

WANTS: I like to be surprised

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS: candy, cookies, etc. (that would be a "can't have", not a "don't want") I want to copy off of Doudat by adding that I'm not a big fan of strong perfumey stuff.
#138 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 02:14 PM

So let's see, last night baby boy fell asleep around 10pm, and then woke up 45 minutes later and won't go back to sleep till 1am, not a huge deal since I was up till then anyways, but still.

We were planning on going out to a babywearing meeting this morning, but when I woke up at 9am and looked outside, the snow had started. I don't like driving in the snow, so I went back to bed, baby boy hadn't woken up yet. So we missed it, which kind of sucks, but was bound to happen, if things occur on days when it snows.

Now for the holiday swap

LIKES: Dragons, Faeries, Fantasy stuff, Books, Video Games, I keep on thinking about getting mama pads but haven't yet, and cloth napkins.

FAVE COLOR: greens, purples, and blues, though sometimes I like bolder colors like reds

FAVE INDULGENCE: chocolate

WANTS: mama pads, cloth napkins, dragons, faeries, surprise me.

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS: chocolate/food, I'm trying to lose weight,, I want to be downn 25-30 pounds by May. Books, I tend to buy the ones I want.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#139 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 03:31 PM

friday sounds perfect

LIKES: Food. And good smelling stuff (example soaps, essential oils). Yarn and knitting related stuff.

FAVE COLOR: Bright greens and dark purples

FAVE INDULGENCE: chocolate & coffee

WANTS: Anything in the likes section I like small bags to organise bigger bags. Knitted/handmade goods are fun too.

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS: Anything that purely decorative is not for me. We're not into knick-knacks and are not very flowery/whimsical/fairies/medieval kind of people. Oh and I hate legumes. So anything lentil/beans/chick peas is a bad idea . We also try and stay away from strong smelling perfumes (i.e. Lush type smells) and prefer EO scented products.
#140 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:

it will be ok! a little one in my family was born 4 months early and it took him two years to fully "catch up" but he is doing wonderfully now!!

#141 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 03:53 PM

LIKES: knitting, reading, cooking (vegetarian), earrings, stripes, fairies, gnomes, cloth napkins, wool goodies, handmade stuff, tea.

FAVE COLOR: rainbow, stripes, if it's a solid color...probably greens, purples, blues, pumpkin orange, barn red...(wait, i'm at a rainbow again )

FAVE INDULGENCE: chocolate, good wool yarn, wine (not really shippable), good coffee

WANTS:

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS: bath/body stuff. smelly stuff...

#142 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 04:11 PM

I've made it up to page 4, but I need to start replying before I forget.

Teeth: 2 on the bottom

AF: none yet! See how many of you are in the running for the first to be pg again! Lucky you!

Christmas: Eve at SIL's (DH's side). The Sunday before at my mom's. Day at my mom's for extended family.

Shopping: I'm done with the girls. I need to get some jeans for my dad. I have to get some ideas for my parents (they are getting a calendar, but I need something else.) DH still has: me, his brother, his BIL, his 3 nephews. I still have a niece and a nephew.

We still need to get our tree up. DH is either getting it tonight before it snows again or I'm going present shopping. His choice.

Snow: we got 4 inches over the weekend. My older 2 played for hours and hours on Saturday in it. Only an hour on Sunday. We're going to get more tomorrow night and the weekend.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#143 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
And she will, and it will be even more exciting because she worked so hard for it
#144 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 05:26 PM

CorbinsMama: like people have said, when it'll happen, it'll be that much sweeter! We tend to take for granted our baby's accomplishments... You can see it as having the privilege to stop and pay attention!
#145 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 05:55 PM

So it is snowing here, and we just went out and got some snow pictures. I figured I'd share. So here are a few pictures of Desmond in the snow.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

#146 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So it is snowing here, and we just went out and got some snow pictures. I figured I'd share. So here are a few pictures of Desmond in the snow.

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Adorable!! Looks like he had a great time!
#147 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 08:27 PM

It's a fun quiz to learn about others too

LIKES: things that are organic/vegan/fairly traded/recycled/hemp/bamboo/silly

FAVE COLOR: rainbow

FAVE INDULGENCE: ricemilk chocolate, dark coffee with funny names

WANTS: see likes

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS:
artificial fragrances, animal ingredients (bees and sea creatures included)

(now that I look at this, maybe I am crunchy )
ps, I have a grinder
#148 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 08:34 PM

This week I cleaned up all but 2 rooms of the house enough that I can just put the baby down and it's very weird. Is this how all of you are all the time? Am I just nuts? It's kinda like having another pet. He follows me around, interacts with the cats and dog and mostly does his own thing : I can always see him of course but I'm not constantly tending to him and he loves it. It's so fun to make the bed with all 4 of them participating
#149 of 1454 Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 PM

LIKES: knitting, wool, reading, handmade stuff, stuff for the tub

FAVE COLOR: green and anything earth tones

FAVE INDULGENCE: chocolate, organic chai tea, soaking in the tub

WANTS: see likes

CAN'THAVES/DON'TWANTS:
no knick-knacks or artificial scents please

This is fun!

All you coffe lovers, do you have grinders??
A

eta cloth napkins to my likes/wants!:

#150 of 1454 Old 12-06-2007, 12:32 AM

hey mamas- just popping in (I almost said pooping in!)
Corbinsmama- aw hugs to you mama! I don't blame you one bit for your jealousy- I'm sure it's tough. Like others said, she will come into her own, though, and even babies without her experiences have such a huge variation of develpment. On the other hand, she doesn't know the difference, just you do- so enjoy her as she is- she'll get there! I'm sure it feels strange though- it feel strange to me to know there are walkers out there!

Ok, mama thingey- hmm, think about this...

LIKES: well made things, (ingredients, handmade, luxury,etc) not knicknacky- (sorry, that doesn't mean I'm expensive, but I appreciate a nice bar of soap, say) artistic things, fine crafts, books, anything bath/body, personal use (say, mama pads, nursing pads, knitting, etc), cloth wipes:, used items, found items, (things with history) teas, things with flowery patterns,jewellery, ...I'm pretty easy actually-

Fave Colour- lovely rich bright colours, not neutrals!!

Fave Indulgance- body/cosmetics, coffe, dark chocolate, purses, ummm anything I feel like I don't need

Want: something in the mail!

don't want/can't have- ....nothin', just cheap bath things

sorry I made an essay of it!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page