**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just for fun: covers galore!! I felt like a freak in the store! ETA to add unrelated smiley
:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2047/...a187cccec0.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2007, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Just for fun: covers galore!! I felt like a freak in the store! ETA to add unrelated smiley
:
oh, they look lovely. : and : b/c it's so cute.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 12-10-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Yesss...I'm so relieved there's a smiley for me, I've been feeling totally left out.
Glad to know I'm not the only one! about testing, that is..and it would have been fine if I was a positive, just a little soon, so I'm glad I have a little longer...any idea why my nipples hurt then? those who have their periods back- did that happen for several days at some point?
Kris, did you see my post earlier about Queen_anne's techno fast for December? I think that's why she's not on.
...going to playgroup to get the sillies out of axel- in hopes for a nap later....
yes...she left us her email saying she'd be checking it every few days...i'll send out names later today if she hasn't emailed : (maybe that one is not new...but i've never used it )

Old 12-10-2007, 02:53 PM

:::
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM

Romi is now asleep :yawning:
Old 12-10-2007, 03:49 PM

i'm cleaning the house :

Old 12-10-2007, 04:18 PM

The overt use of smilies in this thread has given me a chuckle!
Queen glad to hear you're feeling better and not knocked up
It's funny but lately I've been feeling like I could have more. ARlo is sooooo cute and the easiest going baby ever. But I don't know if we really wanna be outnumbered!:

Quote:
:
: doudat!!

Okay now a warning this is going to be way TMI!
Since having babies, I have been suffering from anal fissures.: and hemroids.
Anyway, the last week has been excruciating and in my search for some natural remedies I came across some anecdotes about breastfeeding and fissures and that the two stories that I read the mamas didn't get relief until they weaned. The theory being that most of the water you drink is going to breastmilk and not keeping stools soft. Not that I'm thinking of weaning, but it is difficult to drink enough that's for sure and there is only so long I can deal with the pain. I do remember it subsiding when Finn was eating more solids and nursing less so here's hoping. Has anyone ever heard this?? I may post over in breastfeeding too...
Okay back to talking about cute fun stuff like our babies and the swap!
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 12-10-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i'm cleaning the house :
I should be but instead I'm::

Old 12-10-2007, 04:23 PM

My excuse is that I'm:

Old 12-10-2007, 04:26 PM

and both my kids are sleeping!!!:

Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Anyway, the last week has been excruciating and in my search for some natural remedies I came across some anecdotes about breastfeeding and fissures and that the two stories that I read the mamas didn't get relief until they weaned. The theory being that most of the water you drink is going to breastmilk and not keeping stools soft. Not that I'm thinking of weaning, but it is difficult to drink enough that's for sure and there is only so long I can deal with the pain. I do remember it subsiding when Finn was eating more solids and nursing less so here's hoping. Has anyone ever heard this?? I may post over in breastfeeding too...
A
have you tried stool softeners?? i had issues like these right after the birth and they helped a lot! my childless sil has issues like these and also uses them all the time. i took one every other day and it helped.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:05 PM

: there are just too many fun new faces. i like that this one is called kewl.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I'm::
hey those are my favorite things! especially with or

Old 12-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Hmm nice smilie fest all. I am so ready to :, but I'm being napped upon, so I guess I have to wait for him to wake up. Is everyone else's baby still going down for their first nap an hour and a half to two hours after first waking up? Des is.

We didn't bother moving him to his crib or pack and play last night since he didn't go to sleep till 1:30am. I have a feeling the crib isn't going to get used much, even though we did move it down to the right level for him now. Co-sleeping is just so much easier. If only baby boy would go to bed a bit earlier, I mean 11pm is fine but 1:30am is pushing it a bit.

We are still in sposies, because he still has the yeast rash, we washed the cloth in bleach last night though so hopefully when the rash is gone he won't catch it again, I do think I need to get some fleece liners for night though just to help wick away moisture.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 12-10-2007, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

: Bbbrrrrrr. Okay, I'm not really cold. I just wanted to use one of the new smilies too.

I accidentally drank about 12 oz of caffeinated coffee yesterday (got mine and DH's cups mixed up) and Scout was bouncing off the walls until midnight. Even as she was finally drifting off to sleep, she was kicking her legs and flapping her arms. I've had small amounts of caffeinne before and it hasn't seemed to make her wired. I dunno what the deal was last night. :

And she only took about a 45 minute nap thi morning (she usually sleeps for 2 hours). Gah! I was playing Mario Galaxy on Wii and I was about to watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy that DH downloaded for me. (ummmm...can you say LAZY?? : I'm with you, finnsmama - I should be and too. But here I sit.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
The overt use of smilies in this thread has given me a chuckle!
Queen glad to hear you're feeling better and not knocked up
It's funny but lately I've been feeling like I could have more. ARlo is sooooo cute and the easiest going baby ever. But I don't know if we really wanna be outnumbered!:

: doudat!!

A
lol- thanks! that gave me a chuckle :

well, I'm glad you posted this! I've never wanted to admit it but I have/get 'roids too... They are related to the end of the preg for me- not pushing, I think the pressure of the baby. I use topical witchazel, baths and kegels which usually help, mine come and go.
I'll have to think about the weaning thing...interesting. I wonder...trying to remember with Axel. they don't give me a lot of grief, though, just anoying, actually the long kegels really helped when I was pregnant. Do let me/us know if you find anything else...I've looked a bit too.
Now, for the smiley I find obnoxious and distasteful, there's always and application!

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 12-10-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
We didn't bother moving him to his crib or pack and play last night since he didn't go to sleep till 1:30am. I have a feeling the crib isn't going to get used much, even though we did move it down to the right level for him now. Co-sleeping is just so much easier. If only baby boy would go to bed a bit earlier, I mean 11pm is fine but 1:30am is pushing it a bit.
Opposite to you - I think I'm going to put Eva in the packnplay downstairs tonight I think it will be easier to ignore her rustling around. However, we'll see. Hugs to you as we work it out!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 12-10-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Hmm nice smilie fest all. I am so ready to :, but I'm being napped upon, so I guess I have to wait for him to wake up. Is everyone else's baby still going down for their first nap an hour and a half to two hours after first waking up? Des is.

We are still in sposies, because he still has the yeast rash, we washed the cloth in bleach last night though so hopefully when the rash is gone he won't catch it again, I do think I need to get some fleece liners for night though just to help wick away moisture.
we battle yeasties off and on. instead of bleach, i hang my dipes in the sun. it works sooo well. (kills those yeasties). if it wasn't : out...i'd stick his bum in the sun too. i've found slippery elm powder to work well too. it helps keeps bums dry and is an anti-fungal too. yeast stinks--hope it clears up fast!

Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM

ok ladies, I'm off to work! :

kewpie-o- that's crazy about scout and the coffee! it's amazing the tolerances we each have- I drink a lot of coffee...then again, maybe that's why Eva doesn't sleep!

A
oh and there's always room for a :

Old 12-10-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Yesss...I'm so relieved there's a smiley for me, I've been feeling totally left out.
Glad to know I'm not the only one! about testing, that is..and it would have been fine if I was a positive, just a little soon, so I'm glad I have a little longer...any idea why my nipples hurt then? those who have their periods back- did that happen for several days at some point?
Kris, did you see my post earlier about Queen_anne's techno fast for December? I think that's why she's not on.
...going to playgroup to get the sillies out of axel- in hopes for a nap later....

last month my nipples where KILLING me and you all where trying to say i was pregnant! lol and i got my period 3 days or so later
sounds like your ovulating or about to start your period

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 12-10-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
:
ohh what pretty covers!!!! now i wish i had told you i wanted some!!! lol

Old 12-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
A
never heard this...hmm try to drink more water and maybe stop taking iron or vitamins if your taking them? vits ( prenatal or other) always constipate me and stuff sorry your rear hurts hope you feel better!!:: these are cause i wanna be like you all

Old 12-10-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
lol- thanks! that gave me a chuckle :

well, I'm glad you posted this! I've never wanted to admit it but I have/get 'roids too... They are related to the end of the preg for me- not pushing, I think the pressure of the baby. I use topical witchazel, baths and kegels which usually help, mine come and go.
I'll have to think about the weaning thing...interesting. I wonder...trying to remember with Axel. they don't give me a lot of grief, though, just anoying, actually the long kegels really helped when I was pregnant. Do let me/us know if you find anything else...I've looked a bit too.
Now, for the smiley I find obnoxious and distasteful, there's always and application!

A
Well, I think I may try the stool softeners as km suggested. Currently I'm trying to force myself to drink a glass of water every.single.time I think of it. I'm taking the homeopathic med hamamelis virginiana for the 'roids as well as witch hazel compresses, baths and calendula ointment. And I'm trying to get 3tbls of Beyond Greens into me everyday.: It seems to be helping a little.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Sophia slept in her crib in the nusery last night. She still got up to eat during the night. My supply isn't enough to keep her happy through the night. Yesterday I nursed her in the afternoon and she was hungry an hour later. I gave her a botlle of breastmilk and she finally napped. I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate), but I couldn't stand her crying because she was hungry. I feel bad about my supply, then I get frustrated about even breastfeeding anymore, I feel like weaning.

She's 8 months this week. I promised myself that I would push hard through this next month and decide what I think at 9 months.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Sophia slept in her crib in the nusery last night. She still got up to eat during the night. My supply isn't enough to keep her happy through the night. Yesterday I nursed her in the afternoon and she was hungry an hour later. I gave her a botlle of breastmilk and she finally napped. I don't know how you do it if you don't have some extra laying around. It killed me to feed her a bottle (I feel so inadequate), but I couldn't stand her crying because she was hungry. I feel bad about my supply, then I get frustrated about even breastfeeding anymore, I feel like weaning.

She's 8 months this week. I promised myself that I would push hard through this next month and decide what I think at 9 months.
Michelle. Sophia is lucky to have such a dedicated mama. Try not to be too hard on yourself. You have given her 8 great months (so far!) of mama milk and you should be really proud!
A

Old 12-10-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:

don't feel inadequate! she is so lucky to be loved up and fed breastmilk for so long! you should try and look at it from the other angle...that some breastmilk is so much better than none! (it really is!) and remember...she'll be eating more and more solid foods soon too. hang in there, mama!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:

s mama! aww, you've done so well! really, like km said, she'll be eating so much more soon. Don't get frusterated and think of weaning, just keep going as long as you can and don't feel bad at all about it. You can go a long time on just one nursing a day!
Just a thought, if you do wean her soon, what liquids will you be giving her? Formula or cow's milk? I know this is a hot topic and I'm not trying to bring it up b/c of that. Just wondering, to compare with what I did with Axel when he weaned.
A

Old 12-11-2007, 01:05 PM

page 2!!! where is everyone?? :? ?? ?? ? :?? not :!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 PM

mclisa- just want to pass on some hugs and say the same thing as everyone else...any amount of BM is better than none, whatever you decide to do she thanks you for being such a great mommy.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:05 PM

here is a picture of the longies that i finally finished...

and did i mention that my baby is chunky? :

User Tag List