Mothering Forum banner

**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December!

26K views 1K replies 27 participants last post by  kewpie-o 
#1 ·
Happy December, April 2007 mommies!

Woohoo! I'm first! Hope you are all having a restful, peaceful night, snuggling with your little ones!

See less See more
#904 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Puke is one of my 2 least favourite words. Pneu is the other one, but thankfully I never have to hear it in the US.

Okay what the heck is Pneu?

#908 ·
Quote:

it's a tire in french
my biggest problem is that the p is not silent

Well I am glad to see I have forgotten all my high school French, since I should have known that
. I was pronouncing it right at least with the P.

#909 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
Well I am glad to see I have forgotten all my high school French, since I should have known that
. I was pronouncing it right at least with the P.
isn't just the grossest sounding word? it's like puking out your nosezq1wqcv (baby)!

#913 ·
Quote:

only in front of consonants
it's like saying kanife for knife or lalama for llama!!
all other p's are allowed to be pronounced
haha, I don't know saying kanife and lalalama would be fun.

#920 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
I know some are having cloth diaper issues, but sposies aren't issue free. I had a sitter over last night and she put S to bed. She woke up around midnight and her jammies were soaked. The diaper was on so I'm thinking she either had Claire's on or didn't get it on tight enough. She is such a wiggler to diaper. I have ways to distract her, but it is tough.
We definitely have had issues w/ sposies too - really the ONLY time she has poo blow-outs is when she is in sposies. The cloth contains the runny poo really well. That flimsy paper "elastic" in the back just doesn't cut it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I bought it on Amazon.com. I researched a lot of different baby scales, and this one seemed to strike a balance between affordable and reliable.

Baby/Toddler Weight Scale

On a side note -- when I weighed him when I got it he was only 17 lb 1 oz!! He was 9 lb 4 oz when he was born, so he hasn't even doubled his body weight yet!!
:
When we weree at the ped's office yesterday, I was too distracted with Scout's pitiful crying to pay attention to how much she weighed. So, I put in a call to the phone nurse to see if they would look her weight up for me. When the nurse called back, she said Scout weighs 26 lbs!
I didn't think fast enough to react and ask if she was sure. After I hung up the phone, I thought about it and realized that 26 lbs does not sound right. She weighs 17-18 lbs on our cheapo bathroom scale. I know it's not very accurate, but I doubt that it's almost 10 lbs off!

#921 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
So I'm back from the Social Security office, it went fine there, DS should have his correctly SSN card in 2 weeks or so, and DH and I should have our replacement cards at the same time. It didn't take as long as we were expecting, yay!
That's good to hear - I still need to go get Scout's middle name corrected. I got her corrected birth certificate in the mail and I've just been putting off going to the SS office, fearing that I'll have to wait in line forever with an impatient baby.

How much did it cost to get your stuff straightened out, if you don't mind me asking?

#926 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
That's good to hear - I still need to go get Scout's middle name corrected. I got her corrected birth certificate in the mail and I've just been putting off going to the SS office, fearing that I'll have to wait in line forever with an impatient baby.

How much did it cost to get your stuff straightened out, if you don't mind me asking?
Nothing it is free. We just brought his new birth certificate (they had his middle name wrong originally) and they needed another form of ID for him like a shot record (yeah I carry that around) or his insurance card, which we did have. She just typed some stuff into the computer, we signed saying it was right and it was done.

#928 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
So, are we all waiting to open our gifts?

......Okay, I'm so bad...I was going to pretend like I haven't opened mine, but I did, and I LOVE what I got!!!
:
:
:

Haha, I have to admit if my had arrived I probably would have opened it too, I don't do secrets or wrapped gifts and not knowing what they are well. I have this insatiable need to know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.