Mothering Forum banner

**APRIL 2007 Mamas** It's December!

26K views 1K replies 27 participants last post by  kewpie-o 
#1 ·
Happy December, April 2007 mommies!

Woohoo! I'm first! Hope you are all having a restful, peaceful night, snuggling with your little ones!

See less See more
#1,055 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Just popping in for a quick hello.

I see Eva is sick.
Poor baby. I really hope she feels better soon.

I don't have time to read back right now cause I am trying to get to town before the rush.

But I wanted to add, I am a little nervous. I was coughing and coughing and then I went to the bathroom (TMI - AHEAD ....) and there was a drop of blood in the toilet. No big deal. I just figured it was AF coming. BUT then it tappered off to light pink and my lower back is aching. I am freaking a little. A sweet as pregnancy is, I just am not ready for it again at this point in my life. I am hoping I am just being paranoid. Afterall, I am on BC. But again it is the micronor and I am back and forth about how on top of taking it on time, I am. I just need to finish school. Dh and I are having a hard time right now as it is and pregnancy would just add another coal to the fire. Sorry, to unload. I'm just a little freaked out and hopefully for nothing.
Oh I hope your next baby waits until your family is ready and in a better place

#1,056 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Aaahh! My head is spinning trying to get packed and ready for our trip to O.hio. I've never travelled w/ a babe before and it is stressing me out!
:

We have a 1 hr 40 min flight to Houston first, then a 2 hr lay-over, then a 2 hr 40 min flight to Cleveland. I'm just hoping and praying that she will want to nurse the whole time we are on the plane.
:

I didn't think about it until just now, but I've heard that giving babe a few brand new toys that they've never seen before while on the plane helps too. Now, I just need to find the time/money to buy a couple of new toys.

It could be anything at all. Ion's playing with my flipflop right now so I can pump because his dad's not here today.

#1,057 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I rationalized the purchase like this:
- I refuse to do WBV with any of the three peds we have tried so far. I did a little investigation into some of the peds in our area and any that were more APish or APish approving (or would just ignore some of my choices) are not accepting of Micah's (state) insurance. And ALL of them wanted anywhere between $50 and $100 for a WBV -- and that is w/o shots!! My main concern/thing I wanted was his weight to make sure he was continuing to gain (if he was a little chunkier or if my milk was overabundant, I might not be as concerned), and since the scale was comparable to one WBV, I figured it would be worth the purchase. Plus, I can always sell it once he has outgrown it either on eBay or at a local consignment sale and it will be even cheaper.
Makes sense, we actually found a ped that we can deal with so we do do well baby visits though. So it kills the rationalization that I need to weigh him, sigh. Oh well, maybe with the next baby we'll have our budget better in hand hahahaa.

#1,059 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Just popping in for a quick hello.

I see Eva is sick.
Poor baby. I really hope she feels better soon.

I don't have time to read back right now cause I am trying to get to town before the rush.

But I wanted to add, I am a little nervous. I was coughing and coughing and then I went to the bathroom (TMI - AHEAD ....) and there was a drop of blood in the toilet. No big deal. I just figured it was AF coming. BUT then it tappered off to light pink and my lower back is aching. I am freaking a little. A sweet as pregnancy is, I just am not ready for it again at this point in my life. I am hoping I am just being paranoid. Afterall, I am on BC. But again it is the micronor and I am back and forth about how on top of taking it on time, I am. I just need to finish school. Dh and I are having a hard time right now as it is and pregnancy would just add another coal to the fire. Sorry, to unload. I'm just a little freaked out and hopefully for nothing.
i'd be a little freaked out too--don't worry though, you are on bc!

#1,061 ·
Quote:

Aaahh! My head is spinning trying to get packed and ready for our trip to O.hio. I've never travelled w/ a babe before and it is stressing me out!
:

We have a 1 hr 40 min flight to Houston first, then a 2 hr lay-over, then a 2 hr 40 min flight to Cleveland. I'm just hoping and praying that she will want to nurse the whole time we are on the plane.
:

I didn't think about it until just now, but I've heard that giving babe a few brand new toys that they've never seen before while on the plane helps too. Now, I just need to find the time/money to buy a couple of new toys.

i'm sure it will be fine... i flew at least 4 times (two flights one way...so like 12 flights) before kaylo was 2 and it was the easiest when he was 6-8mo... i bet she'll do great!
when are you flying? you could hide some of her fave toys until then if it's a few days away...or pack up some fun kitchen stuff (measuring cups..something different)
does she like buttons...i think a phone or remote could entertain zenon for at least 4 hours

#1,062 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i'm sure it will be fine... i flew at least 4 times (two flights one way) before kaylo was 2 and it was the easiest when he was 6-8mo... i bet she'll do great!
when are you flying? you could hide some of her fave toys until then if it's a few days away...or pack up some fun kitchen stuff (measuring cups..something different)

I agree!! This is the best age for flying hands down!! They don't walk yet, but they love to engage and they're very social.

#1,063 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
you'll get to make out with a whole new man
Take pics for us (not of the making out!!)

I wanna see pictures too!! Although I do love his beard. Very rugged yet sweet. Don't tell Nico cause he'd wanna grow one but it wouldn't look as good I'm sure

#1,066 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
I spend so much time reading the pages I missed, I don't post anymore
AND Abby has decided to wake up at 6:20 every am, which sucks because from 6 - 7:30 is "my time" to pack lunches, diaper bags, pump milk, do laundry and read MDC. Oh, and DH wants me to take a MDC sabbatical because he thinks I'm addicted or something

BTW, I think Abby is night nursing a lot because I have no milk to pump in the am, but she still drinks ~10 oz formula and 5-10 oz of breast milk at day care. Any one know how much a baby should drink at this age? I'm exhausted daily because she does at least 3 full nursings at night which I end up being half awake for even though we co-sleep. I used to pump 4-5 ounces in the am even with occasional night nursings

Just jump right in wherever! I don't read everything

I think 30ish oz but it really depends on the baby and now that some of the babies are starting solids, that takes up some space too. Since pumping I can feel about how much is in there so I can estimate how much he's getting.

#1,065 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Queen: Is Eva vomiting or spitting up? I hope she feels better soon, poor thing!
I want to come back and reply on a bunch of things - but realy quick- vomiting- everything she ate, like fountain vomit, her entire stomach, and last night even the tempera I tried to give her, including water.

Velvet- my af this time was only light spotting- and I had lots of cramps- hope it's nothing!

kris- woah! big change! I agree with the others- bet you won't be able to keep your hands off him!

doudat- ahah... yes a little francophone, that would be too funny. poor liam. it would be sweet!
A

#1,068 ·
Quote:

Romi is playing with a gallon of paint. Closed of course. She just ate pears galore and is giving me a break. She's actually not too clingy today. I guess the cold is making it worst, but I caved and gave her some baby Tylenol. And she's much happier now.
I trick my kid. When he burnt his hand the hospital sent us home with a tiny bottle of baby tylenol and we used it for that and for teething. I've since been diluting it and he takes it eagerly and is magically 'all better' in minutes. And I said I would never lie to my child...

#1,069 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
oh- and one more thing- someone mentioned that Eva was looking slimmer and slenderer (a word! I heard it on Winnie the Pooh book on cd!) well, yes. I say I put her on a diet. We started solids

How great!! Not the diet part, but the
: part. What has Ms. Eva been eating?

#1,070 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I want to come back and reply on a bunch of things - but realy quick- vomiting- everything she ate, like fountain vomit, her entire stomach, and last night even the tempera I tried to give her, including water.
poor sweet darling

#1,072 ·
Quote:

DH has it in for me tonight too - I can tell. He never pays attention to me and for the last hour, he has come over to me at my computer desk to pat me on the back and kiss me and make small talk. He WANTS something.
:

Don't they always want something??

#1,073 ·
Quote:

Awwww, so sweet and innocent... Axel sounds like such a magical boy. I get all emotional with Liam as well... Last night I had a rough day and I was crying cause liam threw a mega tantrum and I was exhausted and when he saw me he asked if I was crying and I said yes, he touched my tears and asked if I was leaking. Then he just grabbed me and gave me a big hug and sat on my lap stroking my cheek. Dh came in with romi and Liam told them to go away cause he said didn't want to share his mommy

Awwww....That is SO sweet!! This is why I had a boy....so I could have sweet moments like this! I can't wait..

#1,074 ·
Quote:

See, this is where I get confused with self-feeding. What do I do for yogurt? Apple sauce? Oatmeal? I can't make her eat that on her own... Is it ok to spoon feed for those things only?
You could do what someone did (I think it was kewpie with Scout, but I am not sure) with the sweet potato puree and just let her have at it....would be messy, but put down a garbage bag under the chair give her a bowl and spoon and stand back with a camera!!
:

#1,076 ·
Quote:

ultimate - hope little Caroline gets better quickly! Sending healing vibes your way! (too lazy to look for the good vibes smiley
)
We should be able to choose our own most used smilies to go on the side of the posting window....

"Speaking of" big important moderator people....where has annettemarie been? I haven't seen her post in a little while. I know she's lurking! Hi!

#1,077 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
DH wraps all the presents here, he is just way better at it then I am. He doesn't like it when I wrap since he says I use too much tape and my wrapping isn't as precise as his. So I let him do it. We probably won't wrap things till Sunday or even Monday.
I need to take back Micah's presents from him so that they are new on Tuesday.

#1,078 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanno View Post
I didn't think it was really a real competition. I just thought it was kinda fun to chat when I really haven't let that much of myself out to the DDC until recently.
Oh, I know....Like they said "friendly competition"....

I'm with you on the not letting it out until recently....I am kinda like Max -- takes a minute to warm up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.