May 2007 it is December already - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Clay is getting shoes and a book and an amber teething necklace. They get stockings at my mom's place for Christmas - those ones are from Santa, tho.
I have to say my first image was that of you trying to jam new, larger shoes into older, smaller ones Then I realized that you have a PhD and you would probably just put the teething necklace in the new shoes. THEN I realized that Clay is 6 months old and will not notice what is in shoes & will not know if the shoes are his.
I apparently need coffee.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#62 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 01:10 PM

We aren't even talking about Santa yet, but I think we will both lean towards not having Santa...

Julianne's first tooth popped through yesterday...boy is it going to be sharp!!! I didn't realize...I really hope she isn't a biter!

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#63 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 01:38 PM

We are doing one present from "santa" too. I love Christmas/winter time and I love a lot of the traditions, but I do have a problem lying to my kids about Santa. I have let Saige decide what she wants about Santa right now. She's too young, in my mind, to understand if I tried to explain. She loves to pretend, and that's what she is doing. Next year, I plan on explaining more. I will not lie to her or tell her she won't get anything if she is "bad." The other day she told me she is going to tell Santa not to get her anything because her mommy and daddy already did. She cracks me up.
#64 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 02:06 PM

Here late but subbing! Don't have time to post much but
#65 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I have to say my first image was that of you trying to jam new, larger shoes into older, smaller ones Then I realized that you have a PhD and you would probably just put the teething necklace in the new shoes. THEN I realized that Clay is 6 months old and will not notice what is in shoes & will not know if the shoes are his.
I apparently need coffee.
This is a funny post. He has no shoes yet to fill so he is getting some. And ys, he will have no idea what is up butu August is vey protective of Clay and wants him to get all sorts of good things also. He wa the one who was so worried about Clay not having shoes so I had to go get Clay shoes before St. Nick!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#66 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
This is a funny post. He has no shoes yet to fill so he is getting some. And ys, he will have no idea what is up butu August is vey protective of Clay and wants him to get all sorts of good things also. He wa the one who was so worried about Clay not having shoes so I had to go get Clay shoes before St. Nick!
That is too funny.

Heidi
#67 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 03:07 PM

When I nak I make insane typos!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#68 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
When I nak I make insane typos!
Who doesn't? I go back and correct, usually.

Laura, your post was too funny, so much like how I process things funny.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#69 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 05:18 PM

Will someone tell me the deal with amber teething necklaces? They're for hte baby to wear right? I'm clueless.

Totally off topic, but I was feeling really fat and i hadn't weighed myself since mid-October when my weight was creeping up. I was thinking I had probably gained like 10 pounds, but couldn't figure it out because I could still fit in my jeans. LOL Anyway, I finally weighed mylf this morning and I'm back down a few pounds to my normal (still fat) weight so I'm really really glad. It's good to feel fat at this weight, you know?! ROFL I hope y'all know what I mean.
#70 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
The other day she told me she is going to tell Santa not to get her anything because her mommy and daddy already did. She cracks me up.
Sounds like a virtuous girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
It's good to feel fat at this weight, you know?! ROFL I hope y'all know what I mean.
I was totally following you until the end there where you confused the heck outta me :

~laura
#71 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 06:41 PM

I'm trying, and trying to let this roll of my back because I realize he really didn't know any better, but my 2.5yo fed my 6mo play-dough today!! ARGH! : It was homemade, thankfully, but it had white flour, canola oil, cream of tartar, and RED DYE in it!

I *SO* did not want her to have wheat of dye this young.
#72 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 PM

HI! just found this thread. Halina Jane was born may 5 so i guess i "belong" in here too huh? i only read through the first 2 pages and then skimmed this one! sorry- just couldn't read the whole way through. halina has 2 teeth and a third one breaking through on the top. it's so sad. i was really hoping they'd hold off as her older sister didn't get teeth till she was 10 months old! i loved it. halina's first one broke through at 5 months. i do have to say she does look cute when she flashes them in a big grin though. rolls everywhere and scoots. no crawling yet (thank goodness) and no pulling up to stand. she just got the hang (within the past week) of sitting up with out tipping over after a second! it's almost like i just don't want her to grow up. she's my 3 and i just want her to stay small longer! they grow WAYYY too fast. i already miss that newborn stage. those squishy faces, and wrinkly peeling skin....at 6 months she was 16 lbs 6 oz and 26 inches. way chinkier than my other two and i love it. she has these awesome chunky monkey thighs i just want to eat up! and she's not even eating food yet! LOL anyhow- i'll stop in here periodically to catch up and get to know everyone a bit better.....
#73 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 10:44 PM

This thread moves pretty quickly! Glad to have you join us.

treehugger.gif
#74 of 1059 Old 12-04-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlij View Post
HI! just found this thread. Halina Jane was born may 5 so i guess i "belong" in here too huh?
Welcome! :hi; This is a fun club. My Elisabeth is 7 months today! It has gone by really fast. This thread moves fast, so don't wait too long to come back!

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#75 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 12:25 AM

Um, is this cranky, nurse-all-day-long, don't-sleep-longer-than-45min thing a phase or should I just go :crazy: now and get it over with?!
#76 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 01:41 AM

Ashley, sounds like someone's working on some teeth.

Where's the petition to make it so teething doesn't hurt? I'd sign it.

It's good to feel fat at this weight because now I'm motivated to lose more weight. As opposed to feeling skinny at this weight. Like, I felt fat, I lost weight, I felt skinny, but now i feel fat at the same weight so time to lose weight again.

Hi to momlij!

Henry is getting good at dismounting. Like, if he's standing holding onto the couch now instead of standing there whining until someone helps him off it, he'll let go and slowly sit/fall. He's also starting to try to stand by himself - he can for a second or two. It's fun not to feel like I'm waiting for him to do anything, but I feel like I'm figuratively running to keep up with him!
#77 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 AM

ok May Mamas, help me out here. when i count the number of weeks my ds has been alive, its 28 weeks this past monday. that makes him 7 months old right? but his birthday was May 21st... so aren't most of your babies almost 8 months old? or is my math totally effed up??
#78 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 AM

There are 4.25 weeks in a calendar month, so my May 5 baby is 7 months old tomorrow.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#79 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 AM

Oh, was going to post but K is hungry an dh doesn't like when I nak in the office.
#80 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 02:36 AM

I can never keep up with this thread! And especially now that I'm obsessed with knitting the girls some toys from Mochimochiland in every spare second, it's really going to be hopeless...

6 mo wbv today - all was well. I was kind of curious to see what our ped would have to say about solids (we've tasted some banana and apple, but mainly plan on delaying and self-feeding when they're ready) but she was totally cool and said "they're at the top of the growth charts, they're obviously doing just fine with breastmilk!" Each visit, I like her more.

They're both almost 28" which means I've got to go buy their "real" car seats! Man, I'll be glad when we don't have the option of "popping" a bucket seat in and out anymore...

Still no crawling here, but our ped said that it looks like teeth are on their way. I'm so not ready to say goodbye to their little gummy grins! The thought of a tooth in that smile makes me want to cry!!!

On the other hand - I am SO ready for a little more independence on their part. Crawling will be a welcome milestone in this home. Lately I've really been missing my pre-motherhood days. Not that I don't love being a mama now, but winter just reminds me of lazy days in pajamas laying around doing nothing ALL DAY... Like that's gonna happen anytime soon!

All right, must finish snacking and decide whether I'm done knitting for the night...
#81 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 AM

Laura,
(WARNING, if you have a faint stomach or veggie you may not wanna read)
I knew you would want to know about the food BUT its REALLY bad.. We had them eat tripe, pig ears, pigs feet and goldfish. : They had a BLAST and thought it was the coolest thing ever! LOL Kids.

Krystal, over draft fees SUCK!!! I'm so sorry sweetie.

We DO Santa and I LOVE IT!!! I have always loved it. I have never ever thought of it as lying to kids, I've just seen it as a magical time for kids. I've told the girls as long as you believe then he is real. DD 1 has helped set out Santa for the last few yrs and she loves it too. The whole thing is just magical.

WELCOME momlij!!! Can't wait to get to know you and your precious little one.

I too have a one that likes to snack. DD2 is like this, she is getting better at 5 but she still does it a lot. I'm working on making better choices in what I'm buying for the girls and not getting as much sugar stuff.

Heidi, it sounds so hard. I'm so sorry sweetie. You and your family be in my thoughts and prayers.
#82 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlij View Post
HI! just found this thread.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
Laura,
Heidi, it sounds so hard. I'm so sorry sweetie. You and your family be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you! We had Liam's apt yesterday with GI at Children's. Can I say I hate that clinic. 6 minutes that dr. spent with us, 4 reading Liam's abs and 2 minutes talking. He did not even exam Liam. He told me I had a sick boy. REALLY! your kidding. I am shocked. He sent us for more lab work which will take two weeks to get back (I made the lab tech look it up).

Enough of me moaning. I cannot believe how much stuff Maggie is getting into. Yes she is forcing us to baby proof. I am debating right now whether I want to screw a gate into the side of our couch. We have an open floor plan and to get a gate to fit the entire way across will be over $200. The couches we have blocks most of it. I can screw one end into the couch and one end in the wall. Sounds like a good plan to me because in a few years I would like a new couch.

Heidi
#83 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasaurus View Post
ok May Mamas, help me out here. when i count the number of weeks my ds has been alive, its 28 weeks this past monday. that makes him 7 months old right? but his birthday was May 21st... so aren't most of your babies almost 8 months old? or is my math totally effed up??
i count months according to the date he was born....he's a month older on the 18th. if you count them as above, they'll reach 12 months before their first birthday which seems odd to me.

heidi, i'm so sorry you're having so much sickness with your LOs. i can't even imagine!

and welcome, momlij!!

stephanie asl.gif

#84 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 PM

I wonder if the reason April posts so much is because they don't use multi-quote as much?? I haven't been in to check out their thread, but I did just notice that they are nearly double our posts already!

We are currently staying in a hotel in southern California and DD is sleeping on the floor beside the bed on some blankets. Last night she went to sleep and slept for a few hours before waking up to nurse. I heard her squeak, and then I felt "thump, thump, thump" on the bed, very gently though. Puzzled, I looked over and she had turned and army crawled partly under the bed and was trying to push up on her hands and bonking her head under the bed. It was quite amusing. Anyone else have a baby crawling in their sleep?!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#85 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Hi!! I haven't posted here in forever!

Maya is doing really well. Growing like a weed. She's pulling up on her hands and knees but not going anywhere yet. Sitting up and reaching for everything. She really prefers to stand though and holds herself up on the edge of the couch. eeek!! the girl better not think of walking yet..or crawling for that matter. i like that she stays where i put her!

She's teething right now. her poor gums are just swollen and red. i wish the silly things would just pop through and be done with. she's miserable and running a slight fever from all the teething trouble.

Jesse, wife to DH , mama to DD 13, DS 11, DS 8, DD 6, DS 3 & bean EDD 12/18/13
#86 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richella View Post
Oh, was going to post but K is hungry an dh doesn't like when I nak in the office.
Why's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 View Post
6 mo wbv today - all was well. I was kind of curious to see what our ped would have to say about solids (we've tasted some banana and apple, but mainly plan on delaying and self-feeding when they're ready) but she was totally cool and said "they're at the top of the growth charts, they're obviously doing just fine with breastmilk!" Each visit, I like her more.

They're both almost 28" which means I've got to go buy their "real" car seats! Man, I'll be glad when we don't have the option of "popping" a bucket seat in and out anymore...

On the other hand - I am SO ready for a little more independence on their part. Crawling will be a welcome milestone in this home. Lately I've really been missing my pre-motherhood days. Not that I don't love being a mama now, but winter just reminds me of lazy days in pajamas laying around doing nothing ALL DAY... Like that's gonna happen anytime soon!
1) WTG on the breastfeeding twins & keeping them at the top of the chart. You must be eating like a horse (like me)
2) Torso height is more important than overall height. Carseat manufactuers usually give the overall height as a guideline, but they are usually good to go as long as the child's head has at least 1 inch of shell over their head. So, if your girls carry a lot of weight in their legs you might be able to keep them in the buckets a bit longer.
3)OMG, I so miss laying around doing nothing all day. I try to re-live those days sometimes still. If something good comes from blockbuster (I've been getting Big Love lately) I'll just sit & play in the living room all day & it feels pretty good, until DH gets home and complains that nothing is done : Good grief man, you'd think it'd be ok for me to take a "day off" once in a while.
Woah, guess I was bitten by the "mini-rant" bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
Laura,
(WARNING, if you have a faint stomach or veggie you may not wanna read)
I knew you would want to know about the food BUT its REALLY bad.. We had them eat tripe, pig ears, pigs feet and goldfish. :
I'm pretty transparent then huh Goldfish, huh? How'd that go?
I was on the phone with a friend the other day saying that I chewed up a gold fish to feed it to Mickey & I specified "goldfish, the cracker" she about died laughing at the fact that I felt the need to specify in that situation.

~laura
#87 of 1059 Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I wonder if the reason April posts so much is because they don't use multi-quote as much?? I haven't been in to check out their thread, but I did just notice that they are nearly double our posts already!

We are currently staying in a hotel in southern California and DD is sleeping on the floor beside the bed on some blankets. Last night she went to sleep and slept for a few hours before waking up to nurse. I heard her squeak, and then I felt "thump, thump, thump" on the bed, very gently though. Puzzled, I looked over and she had turned and army crawled partly under the bed and was trying to push up on her hands and bonking her head under the bed. It was quite amusing. Anyone else have a baby crawling in their sleep?!
Omy gosh, the night crawling sounds scary to me. Glad it was funny though. I totally forgot this until now, but when Seamus first started crawling well he woke from a nap & blearily crawled off the bed, K-thunk. Note to self: now that mickey is crawling be wary when he wakes.

~laura
#88 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 01:35 AM

Quote:
1) WTG on the breastfeeding twins & keeping them at the top of the chart. You must be eating like a horse (like me)
2) Torso height is more important than overall height. Carseat manufactuers usually give the overall height as a guideline, but they are usually good to go as long as the child's head has at least 1 inch of shell over their head. So, if your girls carry a lot of weight in their legs you might be able to keep them in the buckets a bit longer.
3)OMG, I so miss laying around doing nothing all day. I try to re-live those days sometimes still. If something good comes from blockbuster (I've been getting Big Love lately) I'll just sit & play in the living room all day & it feels pretty good, until DH gets home and complains that nothing is done : Good grief man, you'd think it'd be ok for me to take a "day off" once in a while.
Woah, guess I was bitten by the "mini-rant" bug.
Bfing twins - Thanks! And while I try to eat like a horse - they seldom let me!!! But I am ALWAYS hungry, I've learned to eat *really* fast.

carseats - that's really good to know! we went ahead and bought new carseats (Marathons!!!) but until we get a second vehicle, the buckets will come in handy at times.

so, I'm sure this has been much discussed already in threads that I couldn't keep up with, but for those of you who've already popped teeth - I've got some questions.

Our ped said it looks like teeth could come anytime, today they were *extra* cranky and for sure on Glory I can see two faint white lines where teeth would be. How long might it be before it actually pops up?

Did your babies have trouble napping while teething? (Mine did today and I'm wondering if it's related.)
#89 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 03:04 AM

Yes - blame EVERYTHING on teething. It sucks. It's not fair. Are those amber necklaces something magical I should try? I guess I'm going to have to look it up myself. (opened another tab, googled it...) OK, a natural anelgesic? I'm gonna try it. I'm gonna try the $13 version, not the $40 one.

I've been a bit crabby lately apparently. Because today my husband said "you are getting out of the house at least 2-3 times a week and going and relaxing." Good deal! So, I went and did errands with no kids tonight, went to the brand new Pamida - do any of you have those? It's a small town store like a mini Target. Anyway, ours moved/built a new one and I was so excited to go there and take my time looking at anything I wanted and I did the whole store in 23 minutes ROFL It wasn't exciting at all. Want to know what I bought that wasn't on my list? A slotted spoon.

It is way easier to leave Henry. With Delia, probably 80% of the time I left her my husband would call me before I was ready to come home. Maybe I try to leave Henry less, but it seems like I haven't been called home - I remember one time in MAY but that's it! I think it's a combination of Henry not nursing as much or as often, and my husband and I are both better parents - I'm better at knowing when/if to leave, my husband's better at keeping babies happy, etc. It's nice to worry SO much less than I did with Delia.
#90 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 04:04 AM

[QUOTE=Synchro246;9926028]Why's that?

Afraid a customer will come in and feel uncomfortable. Sometimes it happens anyway, eg he's not around and someone comes in while I'm nursing in the house, then I go into the office and help them. No big deal. He's perfectly fine with me NIPping anywhere else, which I do every chance I get. Or if it were a customer, he wouldn't object. If it were more comfortable in the office, I'd make an issue of it, but I'd rather sit somewhere else anyway.

Kiran went onto hands and knees today without help! And she smiled today when I said, "Nurse" and used the sign at the same time, so I think she's learning them, if not close to using them herself yet.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page