May 2007 it is December already - Page 36 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1051 of 1059 Old 12-30-2007, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Our solids journey is so weird for me. He won't do purees. He loves to EAT stuff. He ate plain old rice today. It was peas yesterday. I squashed them to break the husk and get the good part out. He likes the texture thing, I guess.
all 3 of my kids have been this way. i pureed food for dd1 & dd2 but they really didn't enjoy eating until about 8 or 9 months....when they could grab it & shove it in their mouths themselves. : and actually, ezra is just now starting to enjoy tasting things. up until today, he would grimace & spit out anything that came near his mouth. he turned a corner, though, and is now happily joining us in our strange mealtime rituals. he doesn't eat much....just a few bites of this & that. i was so diligent with giving the girls one thing at a time but that's gone out the window with ez. i suppose if he had a reaction to something i would start from scratch but so far so good. and it's amazing how fast they learn to maneuver the food in their mouths, isn't it? the first few bites of food he had he gagged but today he ate O's & bits of banana & avocado without issue. i love it!

stephanie asl.gif

#1052 of 1059 Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
An option might be a sippy cup though, have you tried that? Kayleigh takes sippy cups really well but still refuses the bottle.

As for the vet, I don't do vets unless I have to. They really are a rip-off.
I haven't tried a sippy & my milk. I will though. He'll take a bottle with liquid yogurt in it. I started the yogurt because of terrible yeast rash.

The vet said she thought Thug (our larger dog) has a skin infection which is why he's stinky. She gave me ($30!) a medicated shampoo. The active ingredients are miconazole nitrate & an anti-microbial. Back when Seamus was having yeast issues our beagle had yeast infections in his ears. We're apparenly yeasty up in here.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you-- Do you do heartworm preventative?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#1053 of 1059 Old 12-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
We don't, only because there have been no reported cases of heartworm in our area of the continent yet. My parents do (they use HeartGuardPlus I think), further east, and I would if we were out there for longer than 10 days a year with the dog. I considered giving it to him so he would be protected for the trip but tend to forget until it is too late, you have to give it at least 6 weeks prior to the possible exposure.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#1054 of 1059 Old 12-30-2007, 04:59 PM

anyone elses baby making it nearly impossible to change their diaper? DS is soooo squirmy/rolling over/crawling now that it has become the biggest pain to change him. solutions?
#1055 of 1059 Old 12-31-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
This online shoe store is having a sale on kids shoes for $1 or $2 per pair. Thier shipping to Canada is outrageous, but those of you that are closer might have better luck in the shipping department.
Kristen, OMGosh that site is AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing. If you want to ship things to me I'd be happy to met w/ you to get them too you so you can save on the shipping. Just let me know.

Quote:
IUD stopped cramping, though I'm having cervical mucus alllllllllllllllllll the freaking time. Underpants liners are my friends.

Mickey started pulling up & started crawling in earnest a few days before x-mas. He's so happy.

Do you think it's OK to give him whole milk yogurt or goats milk instead of pumped milk or when I'm gone the two days a week (~5 hours at a time) for school? He's not taking my pumped milk from me or Jason, but that could change when it's my mom. If it's only one or two feedings two days a week my gut says that two feedings of whole milk yogurt for an 8-12 month old won't negatively impact his health, but I worry that it's too unconventional.. .

I'm addicted to sim's castaway on wii right now.
J's addicted to the Simpsons game.
We're both blowing thru the third season of LOST on DVD. Holy crap that show is NUTS!!! I can't wait for the fourth season :

Uhhhh

I got some of my school books thru paperback swap.

OHHHHH
My life the last few days(weeks, sortof)
Dishwasher broke: $50 parts, free labor (me)
Under the sink valve broke: $330 parts/labor
Water heater broke:$340
Valve to water heater broke: $20 parts, free labor (J)
Getting ripped of at the vet for two dogs' annual visits:$580
Don't forget christmas presents: ~$700
Broken beautiful statue from my friend:
ONE EXPENSIVE ASSED MONTH & loss in faith of ability to pay off anything important: priceless
Quote:
Oh, and I'm totally having rediculous baby cravings so feel free to smack me around a little.
THANK GODESS FOR THE LAM & THE IUD!!
#1056 of 1059 Old 12-31-2007, 12:17 AM

Shoot Elise hit the post button. I'll be back later to finish all my thoughts.
#1057 of 1059 Old 01-01-2008, 01:03 AM

:

:
#1058 of 1059 Old 01-01-2008, 02:15 AM

Quote:
I haven't tried a sippy & my milk. I will though. He'll take a bottle with liquid yogurt in it. I started the yogurt because of terrible yeast rash.

The vet said she thought Thug (our larger dog) has a skin infection which is why he's stinky. She gave me ($30!) a medicated shampoo. The active ingredients are miconazole nitrate & an anti-microbial. Back when Seamus was having yeast issues our beagle had yeast infections in his ears. We're apparenly yeasty up in here.

I haven't done heartguard for the last several years, and one of my dogs got parasites this fall. They were easily treated with heartguard.

If you aren't already taking probiotics, I'd consider adding them to everyone's food including the dogs'. They should help with yeast.

Happy New Year everyone!!
#1059 of 1059 Old 01-01-2008, 02:19 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page