Mothering Forum banner

May 2007 it is December already

22K views 1K replies 39 participants last post by  emiLy 
#1 ·
Check in lets us know how you are doing.

Can you believe 7 months old already or soon to be.
:
Anyone else finding their baby is growing way to fast?

See less See more
#80 ·
I can never keep up with this thread! And especially now that I'm obsessed with knitting the girls some toys from Mochimochiland in every spare second, it's really going to be hopeless...

6 mo wbv today - all was well. I was kind of curious to see what our ped would have to say about solids (we've tasted some banana and apple, but mainly plan on delaying and self-feeding when they're ready) but she was totally cool and said "they're at the top of the growth charts, they're obviously doing just fine with breastmilk!" Each visit, I like her more.

They're both almost 28" which means I've got to go buy their "real" car seats! Man, I'll be glad when we don't have the option of "popping" a bucket seat in and out anymore...

Still no crawling here, but our ped said that it looks like teeth are on their way. I'm so not ready to say goodbye to their little gummy grins! The thought of a tooth in that smile makes me want to cry!!!

On the other hand - I am SO ready for a little more independence on their part. Crawling will be a welcome milestone in this home. Lately I've really been missing my pre-motherhood days. Not that I don't love being a mama now, but winter just reminds me of lazy days in pajamas laying around doing nothing ALL DAY... Like that's gonna happen anytime soon!

All right, must finish snacking and decide whether I'm done knitting for the night...

#81 ·
Laura,
(WARNING, if you have a faint stomach or veggie you may not wanna read)
I knew you would want to know about the food
BUT its REALLY bad.. We had them eat tripe, pig ears, pigs feet and goldfish.
: They had a BLAST and thought it was the coolest thing ever! LOL Kids.

Krystal, over draft fees SUCK!!! I'm so sorry sweetie.

We DO Santa and I LOVE IT!!! I have always loved it. I have never ever thought of it as lying to kids, I've just seen it as a magical time for kids. I've told the girls as long as you believe then he is real. DD 1 has helped set out Santa for the last few yrs and she loves it too. The whole thing is just magical.

WELCOME momlij!!! Can't wait to get to know you and your precious little one.

I too have a one that likes to snack. DD2 is like this, she is getting better at 5 but she still does it a lot. I'm working on making better choices in what I'm buying for the girls and not getting as much sugar stuff.

Heidi, it sounds so hard. I'm so sorry sweetie. You and your family be in my thoughts and prayers.

#82 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by momlij View Post
HI! just found this thread.
Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
Laura,
Heidi, it sounds so hard. I'm so sorry sweetie. You and your family be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you! We had Liam's apt yesterday with GI at Children's. Can I say I hate that clinic. 6 minutes that dr. spent with us, 4 reading Liam's abs and 2 minutes talking. He did not even exam Liam. He told me I had a sick boy. REALLY! your kidding. I am shocked. He sent us for more lab work which will take two weeks to get back (I made the lab tech look it up).

Enough of me moaning. I cannot believe how much stuff Maggie is getting into. Yes she is forcing us to baby proof. I am debating right now whether I want to screw a gate into the side of our couch. We have an open floor plan and to get a gate to fit the entire way across will be over $200. The couches we have blocks most of it. I can screw one end into the couch and one end in the wall. Sounds like a good plan to me because in a few years I would like a new couch.

#83 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisasaurus View Post
ok May Mamas, help me out here. when i count the number of weeks my ds has been alive, its 28 weeks this past monday. that makes him 7 months old right? but his birthday was May 21st... so aren't most of your babies almost 8 months old? or is my math totally effed up??
i count months according to the date he was born....he's a month older on the 18th. if you count them as above, they'll reach 12 months before their first birthday which seems odd to me.

heidi, i'm so sorry you're having so much sickness with your LOs. i can't even imagine!

and welcome, momlij!!

#84 ·
I wonder if the reason April posts so much is because they don't use multi-quote as much?? I haven't been in to check out their thread, but I did just notice that they are nearly double our posts already!

We are currently staying in a hotel in southern California and DD is sleeping on the floor beside the bed on some blankets. Last night she went to sleep and slept for a few hours before waking up to nurse. I heard her squeak, and then I felt "thump, thump, thump" on the bed, very gently though. Puzzled, I looked over and she had turned and army crawled partly under the bed and was trying to push up on her hands and bonking her head under the bed. It was quite amusing.
Anyone else have a baby crawling in their sleep?!

#85 ·
Hi!! I haven't posted here in forever!

Maya is doing really well. Growing like a weed. She's pulling up on her hands and knees but not going anywhere yet. Sitting up and reaching for everything. She really prefers to stand though and holds herself up on the edge of the couch. eeek!! the girl better not think of walking yet..or crawling for that matter. i like that she stays where i put her!

She's teething right now. her poor gums are just swollen and red. i wish the silly things would just pop through and be done with. she's miserable and running a slight fever from all the teething trouble.

#86 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by richella View Post
Oh, was going to post but K is hungry an dh doesn't like when I nak in the office.
Why's that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarabrynn82 View Post
6 mo wbv today - all was well. I was kind of curious to see what our ped would have to say about solids (we've tasted some banana and apple, but mainly plan on delaying and self-feeding when they're ready) but she was totally cool and said "they're at the top of the growth charts, they're obviously doing just fine with breastmilk!" Each visit, I like her more.

They're both almost 28" which means I've got to go buy their "real" car seats! Man, I'll be glad when we don't have the option of "popping" a bucket seat in and out anymore...

On the other hand - I am SO ready for a little more independence on their part. Crawling will be a welcome milestone in this home. Lately I've really been missing my pre-motherhood days. Not that I don't love being a mama now, but winter just reminds me of lazy days in pajamas laying around doing nothing ALL DAY... Like that's gonna happen anytime soon!

1) WTG on the breastfeeding twins & keeping them at the top of the chart. You must be eating like a horse (like me)

2) Torso height is more important than overall height. Carseat manufactuers usually give the overall height as a guideline, but they are usually good to go as long as the child's head has at least 1 inch of shell over their head. So, if your girls carry a lot of weight in their legs you might be able to keep them in the buckets a bit longer.

3)OMG, I so miss laying around doing nothing all day. I try to re-live those days sometimes still. If something good comes from blockbuster (I've been getting Big Love lately) I'll just sit & play in the living room all day & it feels pretty good, until DH gets home and complains that nothing is done
: Good grief man, you'd think it'd be ok for me to take a "day off" once in a while.
Woah, guess I was bitten by the "mini-rant" bug.

Quote:

Laura,
:
I'm pretty transparent then huh
Goldfish, huh? How'd that go?
I was on the phone with a friend the other day saying that I chewed up a gold fish to feed it to Mickey & I specified "goldfish, the cracker" she about died laughing at the fact that I felt the need to specify in that situation.

#90 ·
Why's that?

Afraid a customer will come in and feel uncomfortable. Sometimes it happens anyway, eg he's not around and someone comes in while I'm nursing in the house, then I go into the office and help them. No big deal. He's perfectly fine with me NIPping anywhere else, which I do every chance I get. Or if it were a customer, he wouldn't object. If it were more comfortable in the office, I'd make an issue of it, but I'd rather sit somewhere else anyway.

Kiran went onto hands and knees today without help! And she smiled today when I said, "Nurse" and used the sign at the same time, so I think she's learning them, if not close to using them herself yet.

#87 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I wonder if the reason April posts so much is because they don't use multi-quote as much?? I haven't been in to check out their thread, but I did just notice that they are nearly double our posts already!

We are currently staying in a hotel in southern California and DD is sleeping on the floor beside the bed on some blankets. Last night she went to sleep and slept for a few hours before waking up to nurse. I heard her squeak, and then I felt "thump, thump, thump" on the bed, very gently though. Puzzled, I looked over and she had turned and army crawled partly under the bed and was trying to push up on her hands and bonking her head under the bed. It was quite amusing.
Anyone else have a baby crawling in their sleep?!
Omy gosh, the night crawling sounds scary to me. Glad it was funny though. I totally forgot this until now, but when Seamus first started crawling well he woke from a nap & blearily crawled off the bed, K-thunk. Note to self: now that mickey is crawling be wary when he wakes.

#88 ·
Quote:
1) WTG on the breastfeeding twins & keeping them at the top of the chart. You must be eating like a horse (like me)

2) Torso height is more important than overall height. Carseat manufactuers usually give the overall height as a guideline, but they are usually good to go as long as the child's head has at least 1 inch of shell over their head. So, if your girls carry a lot of weight in their legs you might be able to keep them in the buckets a bit longer.

3)OMG, I so miss laying around doing nothing all day. I try to re-live those days sometimes still. If something good comes from blockbuster (I've been getting Big Love lately) I'll just sit & play in the living room all day & it feels pretty good, until DH gets home and complains that nothing is done
: Good grief man, you'd think it'd be ok for me to take a "day off" once in a while.
Woah, guess I was bitten by the "mini-rant" bug.
Bfing twins - Thanks! And while I try to eat like a horse - they seldom let me!!! But I am ALWAYS hungry, I've learned to eat *really* fast.

carseats - that's really good to know! we went ahead and bought new carseats (Marathons!!!) but until we get a second vehicle, the buckets will come in handy at times.

so, I'm sure this has been much discussed already in threads that I couldn't keep up with, but for those of you who've already popped teeth - I've got some questions.

Our ped said it looks like teeth could come anytime, today they were *extra* cranky and for sure on Glory I can see two faint white lines where teeth would be. How long might it be before it actually pops up?

Did your babies have trouble napping while teething? (Mine did today and I'm wondering if it's related.)

#89 ·
Yes - blame EVERYTHING on teething.
It sucks. It's not fair. Are those amber necklaces something magical I should try? I guess I'm going to have to look it up myself. (opened another tab, googled it...) OK, a natural anelgesic? I'm gonna try it. I'm gonna try the $13 version, not the $40 one.

I've been a bit crabby lately apparently. Because today my husband said "you are getting out of the house at least 2-3 times a week and going and relaxing." Good deal! So, I went and did errands with no kids tonight, went to the brand new Pamida - do any of you have those? It's a small town store like a mini Target. Anyway, ours moved/built a new one and I was so excited to go there and take my time looking at anything I wanted and I did the whole store in 23 minutes ROFL It wasn't exciting at all. Want to know what I bought that wasn't on my list? A slotted spoon.

It is way easier to leave Henry. With Delia, probably 80% of the time I left her my husband would call me before I was ready to come home. Maybe I try to leave Henry less, but it seems like I haven't been called home - I remember one time in MAY but that's it! I think it's a combination of Henry not nursing as much or as often, and my husband and I are both better parents - I'm better at knowing when/if to leave, my husband's better at keeping babies happy, etc. It's nice to worry SO much less than I did with Delia.

#91 ·
Seb and i went to a baby and me singing group today. it was lots of fun.. this class was free, but they usually charge almost $200! I think we should start up a free one! Or at least a small fee, but $200 is crazy!

#92 ·
Quote:

Laura,
: They had a BLAST and thought it was the coolest thing ever! LOL Kids.
Sounds like an awesome party. I bet you're the cool mom!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
She's teething right now. her poor gums are just swollen and red. i wish the silly things would just pop through and be done with. she's miserable and running a slight fever from all the teething trouble.
We're in the same boat. It's awful!

These last two quotes seriously CRACKED ME UP! You guys are way too funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I was on the phone with a friend the other day saying that I chewed up a gold fish to feed it to Mickey & I specified "goldfish, the cracker" she about died laughing at the fact that I felt the need to specify in that situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emiLy
I've been a bit crabby lately apparently. Because today my husband said "you are getting out of the house at least 2-3 times a week and going and relaxing." Good deal! So, I went and did errands with no kids tonight, went to the brand new Pamida - do any of you have those? It's a small town store like a mini Target. Anyway, ours moved/built a new one and I was so excited to go there and take my time looking at anything I wanted and I did the whole store in 23 minutes ROFL It wasn't exciting at all. Want to know what I bought that wasn't on my list? A slotted spoon.
A slotted spoon! ROFL! Yay, Pamida. (we have one, too.)

#93 ·
Dang it! I forgot the reason I came here in the first place!!! (actually I'm just trying to keep our post count higher than the April DDC
)

Paper Back Swap: How do you get the credits? Is it like ebay's feedback system? cuz I'm worried that I would send someone a book and not get any credits because they were to lazy to say that they got the book. Can that happen? Also, who should I site as having referred me?

I've known about paper back swap for a while now, but I dismissed it as a website for naughty ole grannys to exchange their pot boiler novels.
:

#94 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
Dang it! I forgot the reason I came here in the first place!!! (actually I'm just trying to keep our post count higher than the April DDC
)

Paper Back Swap: How do you get the credits? Is it like ebay's feedback system? cuz I'm worried that I would send someone a book and not get any credits because they were to lazy to say that they got the book. Can that happen? Also, who should I site as having referred me?

I've known about paper back swap for a while now, but I dismissed it as a website for naughty ole grannys to exchange their pot boiler novels.
:
When you mail a book, you can pay a little extra to receive instant credit. And you will get 2 credits when you post 10 books to start with.

#95 ·
The little extra is soooo worth it to me - besides the little calculation they give you on the site (gas money savings, etc.), it saves me about a zillion dollars in sanity. Drive thru post office is great, but even greater is walking it out to the mailbox. Barely even have to get dressed to do that - AND instant credit!

#97 ·
have any of you ever participated in a frontier co-op? we have a local co-op group & frontier runs monthly but it's so tricky to break out of the usual mode since i can't smell, feel & touch the products. i tend to just buy what i'm used to. anyone have any great frontier stuff they love & can't live without?

#99 ·
how are you liking my one-post-per-topic?
:

i do a lot of freecycling & the moderator just emailed me the other day asking that i post everything at one time, offers & takens. i tend to post stuff as i'm cleaning and/or as something gets picked up so i don't forget. it's easier for me to keep track but apparently it bugs the mods. oops.

in baby news....not much. still no teeth, no hair & no solids but the little guy is loving being upright & cruising slowly around furniture.

#101 ·
I am learning to knit (and not multi quoting
) and it is so much fun (although I am tangling the yarn and need to just undo this and start over I think).

We have two friends staying with us - dh's bffs. It is boy city around here. Toliets up, beer drinking, girl jokes, the whole thing. I think they are all so cute. Kinda fun.

Need hands to knit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.