May 2007 it is December already - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seb and i went to a baby and me singing group today. it was lots of fun.. this class was free, but they usually charge almost $200! I think we should start up a free one! Or at least a small fee, but $200 is crazy!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewins24 View Post
Laura,
(WARNING, if you have a faint stomach or veggie you may not wanna read)
I knew you would want to know about the food BUT its REALLY bad.. We had them eat tripe, pig ears, pigs feet and goldfish. : They had a BLAST and thought it was the coolest thing ever! LOL Kids.
Sounds like an awesome party. I bet you're the cool mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBaby View Post
She's teething right now. her poor gums are just swollen and red. i wish the silly things would just pop through and be done with. she's miserable and running a slight fever from all the teething trouble.
We're in the same boat. It's awful!

These last two quotes seriously CRACKED ME UP! You guys are way too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I was on the phone with a friend the other day saying that I chewed up a gold fish to feed it to Mickey & I specified "goldfish, the cracker" she about died laughing at the fact that I felt the need to specify in that situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiLy
I've been a bit crabby lately apparently. Because today my husband said "you are getting out of the house at least 2-3 times a week and going and relaxing." Good deal! So, I went and did errands with no kids tonight, went to the brand new Pamida - do any of you have those? It's a small town store like a mini Target. Anyway, ours moved/built a new one and I was so excited to go there and take my time looking at anything I wanted and I did the whole store in 23 minutes ROFL It wasn't exciting at all. Want to know what I bought that wasn't on my list? A slotted spoon.
A slotted spoon! ROFL! Yay, Pamida. (we have one, too.)
#93 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 06:28 PM

Dang it! I forgot the reason I came here in the first place!!! (actually I'm just trying to keep our post count higher than the April DDC )

Paper Back Swap: How do you get the credits? Is it like ebay's feedback system? cuz I'm worried that I would send someone a book and not get any credits because they were to lazy to say that they got the book. Can that happen? Also, who should I site as having referred me?

I've known about paper back swap for a while now, but I dismissed it as a website for naughty ole grannys to exchange their pot boiler novels.:

#94 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
Dang it! I forgot the reason I came here in the first place!!! (actually I'm just trying to keep our post count higher than the April DDC )

Paper Back Swap: How do you get the credits? Is it like ebay's feedback system? cuz I'm worried that I would send someone a book and not get any credits because they were to lazy to say that they got the book. Can that happen? Also, who should I site as having referred me?

I've known about paper back swap for a while now, but I dismissed it as a website for naughty ole grannys to exchange their pot boiler novels.:
When you mail a book, you can pay a little extra to receive instant credit. And you will get 2 credits when you post 10 books to start with.

#95 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 07:52 PM

The little extra is soooo worth it to me - besides the little calculation they give you on the site (gas money savings, etc.), it saves me about a zillion dollars in sanity. Drive thru post office is great, but even greater is walking it out to the mailbox. Barely even have to get dressed to do that - AND instant credit!
#96 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 10:25 PM

so who's pregnant again? NOT ME!! i just have the feeling that someone in this group is going to be making an announcement soon.

stephanie asl.gif

#97 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM

have any of you ever participated in a frontier co-op? we have a local co-op group & frontier runs monthly but it's so tricky to break out of the usual mode since i can't smell, feel & touch the products. i tend to just buy what i'm used to. anyone have any great frontier stuff they love & can't live without?

stephanie asl.gif

#98 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 10:27 PM

i just read somewhere that TTO is not good for boys. anyone heard of this? i suppose i could google it but i thought i'd check with you mamas. i put it in our humidifier to keep the germies out but now i'm wondering...

stephanie asl.gif

#99 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 10:31 PM

how are you liking my one-post-per-topic? :

i do a lot of freecycling & the moderator just emailed me the other day asking that i post everything at one time, offers & takens. i tend to post stuff as i'm cleaning and/or as something gets picked up so i don't forget. it's easier for me to keep track but apparently it bugs the mods. oops.

in baby news....not much. still no teeth, no hair & no solids but the little guy is loving being upright & cruising slowly around furniture.

stephanie asl.gif

#100 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 PM

never heard tto was bad for boys. I am interested though because I use it to wash dipes.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#101 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 PM

I am learning to knit (and not multi quoting ) and it is so much fun (although I am tangling the yarn and need to just undo this and start over I think).

We have two friends staying with us - dh's bffs. It is boy city around here. Toliets up, beer drinking, girl jokes, the whole thing. I think they are all so cute. Kinda fun.

Need hands to knit

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#102 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 11:09 PM

i just found this re: tto & boys....

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/prod...derteatree.htm

stephanie asl.gif

#103 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Omy gosh, the night crawling sounds scary to me. . . .K-thunk. Note to self: now that mickey is crawling be wary when he wakes.
AAAGGHHH!!! Elisabeth crawled off the bed last night! At 3:30! I had woke up to her wiggling at 2:30, but she was dry and settled down w/out nursing, so I scooted her to her spot and feel back asleep, on my tummy, ah, and heard Ka-thump in my sleep and woke up gasping "Oh, God!" I knew she had fallen off. I got the light on, and she was on her back with her head towards hte foot of the bed. jumped over my side of the bed and picked her up--I was leaning over the edge.

She was crying because she was upset at being woken up. She wasn't hurt. But we all had a hard time falling asleep. I got a guard rail today at Target tha slides between the mattress and box springs when you're not needing it. Don't know if I'll do that much, but figured it would fit our bed better than the other one available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
Paper Back Swap: How do you get the credits? Is it like ebay's feedback system? cuz I'm worried that I would send someone a book and not get any credits because they were to lazy to say that they got the book. Can that happen? Also, who should I site as having referred me?. . .I've known about paper back swap for a while now, but I dismissed it as a website for naughty ole grannys to exchange their pot boiler novels.:
Hehe, the system is very well set up, it has options that show up and have button to click when you get the book. The people there are really friendly, it works well. Ole grannies, indeed! I've got a few years, and I've gotten more AP books than pot-boilers! Hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
so who's pregnant again? NOT ME!! i just have the feeling that someone in this group is going to be making an announcement soon.
I've got the baby bug, but want to wait to have one in the spring when Elisabeth is 2 yo.
Quote:
i just read somewhere that TTO is not good for boys. anyone heard of this? i suppose i could google it but i thought i'd check with you mamas. i put it in our humidifier to keep the germies out but now i'm wondering...
Ah, humidifier, sounds better than the chemicals bought. I read in an article yesterday about early puberty. I'll find it and post a link. Lavender and I forget what else they mentioned.
Quote:
how are you liking my one-post-per-topic? :

i do a lot of freecycling & the moderator just emailed me the other day asking that i post everything at one time, offers & takens. i tend to post stuff as i'm cleaning and/or as something gets picked up so i don't forget. it's easier for me to keep track but apparently it bugs the mods. oops.
I just joined my local freecycle.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#104 of 1059 Old 12-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Here's the article about early puberty.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#105 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
The little extra is soooo worth it to me - besides the little calculation they give you on the site (gas money savings, etc.), it saves me about a zillion dollars in sanity. Drive thru post office is great, but even greater is walking it out to the mailbox. Barely even have to get dressed to do that - AND instant credit!
I need to do that. ROTFLMAO about barely getting dressed. I'm the only SAHanything of my direct neighbors. I love going out in the morning looking like crap with nary a dog to look at me crosswise.

Yes, it is 1892, apparently.

Quote:
NOT ME. I cannot wait to get the IUD. It's very important to me to wait until Mick is weaned (which won't be for yearS) before I go getting knocked up again.
Did I say I took a test though?

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#106 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:15 AM

Mickey's diaper rash is yeast! Went to the pedi today. That's what he said. He also complimented my cloth diaps. I'm not looking forword to treating everything for yeast. Got any tips? I was planning on using TTO : (and bleach :: and vinegar and sun)

Also, we got the HIB shot : & it's not siiting so well this time around. He's awfully fussy. I know it's par for the course. . .

Oh he was 23lb 4oz. & 28in long. It seems his weight growth is slowing. Wooo!

~laura
and planning to eat it again
#107 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
NOT ME either.

Hubby did just get a reminder that he needs to do his second test though.
#108 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:26 AM

Hubby is watching Tin Man on SciFi and I'm trying really hard to concentrate on work and not listen.
#109 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 AM

Oh, and we got our family pictures back today, they are up at Facebook. I'd link it, but I'm working, doncha know?
#110 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
AAAGGHHH!!! Elisabeth crawled off the bed last night! At 3:30! I had woke up to her wiggling at 2:30, but she was dry and settled down w/out nursing, so I scooted her to her spot and feel back asleep, on my tummy, ah, and heard Ka-thump in my sleep and woke up gasping "Oh, God!" I knew she had fallen off. I got the light on, and she was on her back with her head towards hte foot of the bed. jumped over my side of the bed and picked her up--I was leaning over the edge.

She was crying because she was upset at being woken up. She wasn't hurt. But we all had a hard time falling asleep. I got a guard rail today at Target tha slides between the mattress and box springs when you're not needing it. Don't know if I'll do that much, but figured it would fit our bed better than the other one available..
I am still using the rolled up towel under the sheets trick. It's worked perfectly so far.

Quote:
I am pretty sure it isn't me, but not 100% sure. And, I hope not. I am with Laura, and would like to wait until Seb has weaned. I am not that interested in tandem nursing.

#111 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:57 AM

Just poking in to say hi! We're still working through Eric's food intolerances but things are great. He got his first tooth last week and I'm hoping he starts to sit up on his own soon. My kids are always late developers with this stuff. I am SO not the pregnant one. I do think I want another, but it'll be a few years down the road.

I can't think of anything interesting to share, lol. Are they really 7 months old? Time is going too fast!
#112 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Oh he was 23lb 4oz. & 28in long. It seems his weight growth is slowing. Wooo!
Holy smokes! Well done I thought Eric was big, but he's a measly 17ish pounds. I blame the food intolerances because dd1 was huge and this guy nurses all.day.long. Eric did outgrow his infant car seat last month! He's too long, but I have no idea how long he is. I'm not good about going to the well-baby appointments.
#113 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:16 AM

Stacey-

That picture in your signature is crazy gorgeous.
#114 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
Stacey-

That picture in your signature is crazy gorgeous.

thanks! Would you believe I snapped that picture with my cheap camera? I was taking a picture of Eric when the girls came in (fresh from a bath) and asked if they could get in the picture too. It was one of those moments where all the planets aligned at just the right moment.
#115 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 03:14 AM

Just popping in to add NOT ME!

I'm still on vacation in Southern Cali and enjoying it. Back soon!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#116 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 03:30 AM

*waves*

k is practically a june baby (may 29th), so i feel a little out of step with the rest of you ladies-- which is definitely a self-correcting problem as our babies get older!

but we're hanging in there. k is dragging himself all over the floor, and has been since about a week before thanksgiving. he plays around with getting up on his knees, but when he does that, he's more interested in pulling himself up to standing than trying to crawl around that way.

apparently, drinking from the cat's water bowl is his new favorite hobby.

he's a fan of bananas, guacamole, and brown rice.

we're doing a very lazy ec, and he's very much amused by hanging out on the potty. he was a strong signaler as a newborn, but not so much now. i'm washing way more poopy diapers now than i was three or even two months ago. i'm going to splurge and get one of those clear potties for christmas. it might make a difference and it might not. it'll be neat, anyway.

and i'm hoping desparately that i'm not pregnant. i haven't gotten my period back yet, but i'm getting some confusing signals from my body. i really need to start temping again.

between him and older brother s (3 years), life is rarely quiet, and never boring. can i have a day off now? :

christina

meafro.jpg, and dhyikes2.gif, -- parenting joy.gifsince 2004, and bouncy.gif since 2007.
"IF YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED, THEN YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION." signcirc1.gif
#117 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Kiran rolled off the bed too, into the crib sidecar where dd1 usually sleeps (but she was over on my other side cuddling w/dh). It's a waterbed, and she had to roll over the side bar, so I don't think a rolled towel would have helped a bit!

No chance of me being preggo.
#118 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just wanted to add NOT ME!

My darling daughter is wide awake sitting on my lap. Why is this a problem? It is 4 am!. I am way behind at work too.

Heidi
#119 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
have any of you ever participated in a frontier co-op? we have a local co-op group & frontier runs monthly but it's so tricky to break out of the usual mode since i can't smell, feel & touch the products. i tend to just buy what i'm used to. anyone have any great frontier stuff they love & can't live without?
I want in a co-op SO bad. When I lived in Vancouver, a woman I knew ran her own bakery business and so she ran sort of a mini-coop, she would pick up stuff for other people at the organic food distributors for cheap. We'd get 4KG tubs of organic peanut butter. Those were the days. Actually, now we get organic PB @ the Bulk Barn for 2.29/lb which I think is cheaper than we were paying anyway. But now that I'm doing E2L, I'm not eating PB, but I could really use great big bags o' beans. But, I haven't managed to find one, OK I know what company does it here, but I haven't found a group to join up with. I would start my own, but I'm squeamish about handling/storing meat for other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I am learning to knit (and not multi quoting ) and it is so much fun (although I am tangling the yarn and need to just undo this and start over I think).

We have two friends staying with us - dh's bffs. It is boy city around here. Toliets up, beer drinking, girl jokes, the whole thing. I think they are all so cute. Kinda fun.

Need hands to knit
Yay for knitting, that's a project that was supposed to be for my "month off" but got put on the backburner because there are so many other things to do. I guess that will have to wait until May (perfect time of year for knitting, LOL)

Just don't let DHs friends stay for FOUR MONTHS!!! DPs friends came to stay with us in May 2006 and NEVER LEFT. We thought the only way to get them to leave would be to leave ourselves, so that's part of what made us decide to go traveling. And then I got pregnant... (ETA: so we've never been alone since )
#120 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM

I was going to ETA again, but then I remembered we're trying to up our post count

Raven used the little kiddie potty at the mall twice yesterday, and even though we were out from 10 am - 3 pm, I only changed one wet diaper (before the first potty, I didn't think to try and so guess what, ended up with a wet dipe) ... the other people in the family bathroom thought she was amazing or something heheheh.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page