May 2007 it is December already - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#121 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 12:14 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
short list of things that have happened this week:

croupy kids
fifths disease
head lice
lost the minutes for the PTO meeting
new radiator for van ($440)
new blower fan for van ($130)
grocery shopping with 5
grocery shopping with 3 yo and baby
attempt to watch Christmas Carol with and baby (family friendly performance)
------------------------from here down happened yesterday/this morning
head lice (again for one and a new one)
girls 30+ minutes late for school and one home for the day
phone call from the assistant principal re: excessive tardies
note home from school re: excessive absences (7) for the Kindergartner
new radiator and temperature gauge for hubby's car - the one that got a new engine 2 months ago ($400)
lemon bars for goodie auction flop (won't set in time)
pumpkin mousse topping for cheesecake for auction too runny (fortunately the chocolate mousse cheesecake came out and with extra mousse to share with the naked supposed-to-be-pumpkin one)
cranky baby with white bumps (teeth)
can't decide what to get hubby for birthday and Christmas
hubby is right now returning my Christmas present (elliptical) to pay for the car repairs (this actually kind of makes me feel better, given that I have no idea what to get for him - well, aside from the nowhere reasonable to be found GHIII for the Wii)
more yelling than I want to admit to, particularly re: getting to school on time this morning

I feel better. Let go, release, breathe, relax. Feed the crankman to sleep, finish work, reclaim the disastered kitchen, and consider a nap. Tonight I'm going to see Christmas Carol with E and S (and not ) and hopefully the weekend will be relatively relaxing.
EFPookie is offline  
#122 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 12:33 PM
 
stacey0402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holy smokes momma! You deserve an award, and a margarita! Its never too early for a margarita.
stacey0402 is offline  
#123 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:10 PM
 
meesa143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! I second the margarita!

I have to say that it's NOT me either!!

The past week has been awful. Turns out that Kade did have a stomach bug that we all passed around. Two kids with diarrhea is not fun. I painted my mom's family room and got it all put back together. I got the leak in the window fixed.

I got the bug yesterday and the night before. I was so out of it. I was supposed to meet my brother here to cut his hair and totally spaced it. Then, my friend called and asked if she could come pick up a saw we're letting her borrow and I forgot, again, and didn't answer the door. I heard my phone ringing, looked at it, and jumped up and answered the door. Then, I gave her the wrong saw so she had to come all the way back. I feel like such an idiot. Today, I'm staying home and not leaving!
meesa143 is offline  
#124 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:21 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks guys .

Trying to avoid the urge for retail and/or flopped but tasty lemon square therapy . Especially no lemon bars with no elliptical . Margarita sounds good though. Oh so good. But sticking to MDC, nap, and maybe some mindless online game therapy next time I'm nak-ing
EFPookie is offline  
#125 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:24 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
The past week has been awful. Turns out that Kade did have a stomach bug that we all passed around. Two kids with diarrhea is not fun. I painted my mom's family room and got it all put back together. I got the leak in the window fixed.
Ew. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!
EFPookie is offline  
#126 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:25 PM
 
koru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicagoland
Posts: 2,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
phew~

this thread is moving at lightening speed! i can always tell when everyone is gabby because i stop getting the individual emails. it's as if the server just gives up.

i've found GSE to work great for yeast/any diaper rash. just add a drop or two to a few ounces of water & dab on with a cotton ball. or, if you use cloth wipes, add a few drops to the wipe water.

EFPookie, i hope the deep breathing worked for you, mama, because that was a challenging post to read. :

i want to learn how to knit, too. maybe dh's daughter can teach me.

my sister opened a new spa in the city (of chicago)and tonight is the grand opening party. i'm so incredibly proud of her! she's been working as a massage therapist for 15 yrs & this has always been her dream. just because i'm gloating with pride, here's her website...

http://allyuspa.com/

in baby news, ezra climbed up 2 stairs!? our bedroom has a few steps down to where the bed is & it's a perfect place for him to play around. i put him there the other day while i went to the bathroom & came back to find him up the stairs!? too fast...too fast. my baby's growing up..........

stephanie asl.gif

koru is offline  
#127 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:37 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
my sister opened a new spa in the city (of chicago)and tonight is the grand opening party. i'm so incredibly proud of her! she's been working as a massage therapist for 15 yrs & this has always been her dream. just because i'm gloating with pride, here's her website...

http://allyuspa.com/
Forget the margarita, I'm coming to Chicago . Even her website is relaxing.
EFPookie is offline  
#128 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morning mamas, I don't really have much to say, just upping the post count

Hey, when did the side smilies change? the LOL isn't there anymore.

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#129 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Morning mamas, I don't really have much to say, just upping the post count

Hey, when did the side smilies change? the LOL isn't there anymore.
I just noticed they changed the short list today, but noticed a BUNCH of new smilies in the "more" list a couple of days ago - when I changed my sig .
EFPookie is offline  
#130 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 01:52 PM
 
meesa143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Morning mamas, I don't really have much to say, just upping the post count

Hey, when did the side smilies change? the LOL isn't there anymore.
I just noticed that this morning.
meesa143 is offline  
#131 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:05 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love Frontier co-ops. The Weleda Arnica and lavander massage oil is wonderful - my homeopath recommended we have it around and I really like it. I also LOVE the aura cacia cocoa butter with vanilla in it. It is amazing - like a chocolate massage

I am not pg, for sure. I have no af yet and while we have lots of sex we use protection every single time and have since Clay was born. We are done at two, sad as it is sometimes to think about. Someone else can be the pg mama because it is not me!

I am working my way through my doula trtaining books and enjoying that (although it makes getting my paid work done a bit slower). I have been seeing one pp doula client also and things seem to be improving for her now (bad latch, cracked nipples, etc).

Ds and I made beeswax candles together this morning for him to give as gifts to his friends and family. He decorated them all so cute.

Did I mention that his recital was awesome? He was so proud of himself and told me he love performing on stage (he had been worried he would be nervous) and that he wanted to do it a lot more! A born performer I suppose.

I feel like I never write anymore. Clay loves his teething necklace. I got it from atoygarden.com (which I love) and he has been wearing it for a couple of days. He is a mellow dude with no teeth, so I can't say if it works or not! No food here still and no movement. He is like a hummingbird the way he flaps his arms when he wants something, though. To cute.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#132 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:07 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Speaking of alcohol, I got a new type of wine last week on the recommendation of the wine seller. It's called Garnacha de Fuego and it is a red from Spain. It is a fairly inexpensive wine and it is wonderful. I love it. Our friend shared it with us the night we had it and them went and bought us 2 more bottles because he agreed that it was a great choice. Anyhow, perhaps someone in their holilday celebrations will need a good wine - I recommend this one!

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#133 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:08 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got the book veganomicon and it is terrific. Just thought I would tell you all this Post counts and all.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#134 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:09 PM
 
stacey0402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this is totally cracking me up this morning. I turned me and the kids into elves:

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1217420742
stacey0402 is offline  
#135 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:15 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Speaking of alcohol, I got a new type of wine last week on the recommendation of the wine seller. It's called Garnacha de Fuego and it is a red from Spain. It is a fairly inexpensive wine and it is wonderful. I love it. Our friend shared it with us the night we had it and them went and bought us 2 more bottles because he agreed that it was a great choice. Anyhow, perhaps someone in their holilday celebrations will need a good wine - I recommend this one!
DH loves Spanish red wine. i will have to look for that at the store if i ever go.. all wine in utah is sold at the liquor store :.. DH was just in WY for work, though and got a bottle of Spanish Sangria for the solstice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I got the book veganomicon and it is terrific. Just thought I would tell you all this Post counts and all.
This is my jealous face:

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#136 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
this is totally cracking me up this morning. I turned me and the kids into elves:

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1217420742
i love that site and love that they upgraded it this year to do more than one person at a time. i did hubby and his siblings earlier this season and the boys all ended up with boobs and the girls not, which made me laugh even harder. i want to do the scrooge one with his dad's face but i can't find the right picture
EFPookie is offline  
#137 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM
 
koru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicagoland
Posts: 2,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey megan...since you go to a homeopath, what is the general consensus about homeopathic remedies and bf'ing? i just ordered a bunch of stuff from washington homeopathics (thru a co-op) and every bottle says to consult a practitioner before taking if bf'ing. i just found a homeopath in the area that i'd like to see after the first of the year but i want to start taking some of them now (cell salts & a cough remedy). safe?

stephanie asl.gif

koru is offline  
#138 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
 
koru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicagoland
Posts: 2,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post

I am working my way through my doula trtaining books and enjoying that (although it makes getting my paid work done a bit slower).
who are getting certified with, again? i'm this/close to being done with my ALACE training. all i have left is the written exam & it's slow going. then....on to the CBE certification! i have my first doula client since ezra's birth & i'm loving it. she's not due until march which is nice because ez will be 10 months old & hopefully i'll feel more comfortable leaving him for an extended period of time.

stephanie asl.gif

koru is offline  
#139 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:30 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tonight we are having the first girls night out in a year and a half! I am way too excited! We are going to a nice bar that has the best beer selection in the whole state, even better than the liquor store (not only do you have to buy wine at the liquor store here, you also have to go there if you want any good beer that is more than 3% ..

Tomorrow, I am going to my mom's-side of the family Christmas party... they are all ubber-mormon-conservatives, and I am definitely the odd-ball of the family. One Xmas 3 years ago, my uncle told me that I HAD to be a lesbian, since I was a liberal, and all liberals are gay ... He has since apologized for saying that (not that I have any thing against lesbians, my sister just went through a "phase").. Anyway, fun-fun

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#140 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 02:33 PM
 
Ianthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Posts: 6,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I am working my way through my doula trtaining books and enjoying that (although it makes getting my paid work done a bit slower). I have been seeing one pp doula client also and things seem to be improving for her now (bad latch, cracked nipples, etc).

Did I mention that his recital was awesome? He was so proud of himself and told me he love performing on stage (he had been worried he would be nervous) and that he wanted to do it a lot more! A born performer I suppose.
I've thought about being a doula too. THis would be a few years down the road, though, since I am still in college, and don't really have time to leave for 10 hours straight.

Congrats on the recital for your ds!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

Ianthe is offline  
#141 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
 
koru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicagoland
Posts: 2,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how do you type a word & have it be a link to a photo? i figured this out once before but now i've forgotten!?

stephanie asl.gif

koru is offline  
#142 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
how do you type a word & have it be a link to a photo? i figured this out once before but now i've forgotten!?
type word, highlight word, click picture of the world with a link of chain in front of it, enter link info, if you copied and pasted it make sure that it doesn't have 2 http:// because it keeps one even if you highlight it to replace it .

Sam
EFPookie is offline  
#143 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 04:31 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
type word, highlight word, click picture of the world with a link of chain in front of it, enter link info, if you copied and pasted it make sure that it doesn't have 2 http:// because it keeps one even if you highlight it to replace it .

Sam
How cute!

How did you get your DDDC Diaper MacGyver? Form your inventive post? I forget who says what sometimes. :

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#144 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 05:05 PM
 
EFPookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Far from home
Posts: 511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
How cute!

How did you get your DDDC Diaper MacGyver? Form your inventive post? I forget who says what sometimes. :
LOL - yes, but I still don't know who the culprit is, though I have my suspicions.
EFPookie is offline  
#145 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 06:08 PM
 
laneysprout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: left of center
Posts: 1,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I HAVE to multi-quote as I always seem to be short on time to catch up these days....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I also LOVE the aura cacia cocoa butter with vanilla in it. It is amazing - like a chocolate massage
I second this! Let's just say that DH and I BOTH love it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
short list of things that have happened this week
Ugh, you poor thing! Sounds like you could use a trip to koru's sister's spa, no? Hope you're hanging in there, sweetie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
who are getting certified with, again? i'm this/close to being done with my ALACE training. all i have left is the written exam & it's slow going. then....on to the CBE certification! i have my first doula client since ezra's birth & i'm loving it. she's not due until march which is nice because ez will be 10 months old & hopefully i'll feel more comfortable leaving him for an extended period of time.
I didn't realize so many of us are (or are thinking of becoming) birth workers! My training is through DONA, but I am scheduled for the ALACE training in March and I can't wait! My doula was trained through ALACE, as are lots of women I interviewed for my dissertation research, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

Megan, I am actually trying to convince DH to move to NYC (my BF lives there and is pregnant with her first). When I saw you were doing doula/babywearing work now I mentioned it to him and he said we can go only if you and I start a business together so he can stay home and write . I have seriously been thinking about starting a business/cooperative devoted to gentle birth and parenting choices when I finish this dissertation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
hey megan...since you go to a homeopath, what is the general consensus about homeopathic remedies and bf'ing? i just ordered a bunch of stuff from washington homeopathics (thru a co-op) and every bottle says to consult a practitioner before taking if bf'ing. i just found a homeopath in the area that i'd like to see after the first of the year but i want to start taking some of them now (cell salts & a cough remedy). safe?
Koru, my pediatrician/homeopath says that all remedies are generally compatible with breastfeeding because of the miniscule amount of the remedy that goes into the pellets and eventually your system.I would just call and ask if you want to be sure about a specific remedy.


Hugs to all the sick mamas and mamas with sick babies. Will try to post more later

treehugger.gif
laneysprout is offline  
#146 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 06:55 PM
 
koru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: chicagoland
Posts: 2,426
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
I didn't realize so many of us are (or are thinking of becoming) birth workers! My training is through DONA, but I am scheduled for the ALACE training in March and I can't wait! My doula was trained through ALACE, as are lots of women I interviewed for my dissertation research, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it.
i didn't know you were a doula! you are going to love your ALACE weekend. my workshop leader was therese & she was miraculous. such a pleasure to learn from. i met so many wonderful women that weekend & we still keep in touch. the funny thing about my ALACE training is that on the final day, therese talked to us about birth control. she metioned how weekends such as those are filled with oxytocin & fertility is at a high. and....i unexpectedly became pregnant with ezra a couple weeks later!! i guess i proved her right....

seriously, though, ALACE is such a fabulous organization. i can't speak more highly of them. i'm thinking about organizing a workshop in chicago in '08.

stephanie asl.gif

koru is offline  
#147 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 07:49 PM
 
Synchro246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey0402 View Post
Holy smokes! Well done
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
phew~
i've found GSE to work great for yeast/any diaper rash. just add a drop or two to a few ounces of water & dab on with a cotton ball. or, if you use cloth wipes, add a few drops to the wipe water.
I'll have to get some. Right now I'm using miconozole (sp?) & it's getting better already. I wish I had just followed my gut and tried that two weeks ago : I'll use the GSE to treat the diaps for sure. I probably need to treat myself & DS1 too. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
I just noticed they changed the short list today, but noticed a BUNCH of new smilies in the "more" list a couple of days ago - when I changed my sig .
Hey! They added one that I requested in the thread "Post a Smiley you want" Woot! ---->
Now if they would just add this one
Do you guys write out the code for the smiley you want usually, or do you click it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
Speaking of alcohol, I got a new type of wine last week on the recommendation of the wine seller. It's called Garnacha de Fuego and it is a red from Spain. It is a fairly inexpensive wine and it is wonderful. . . perhaps someone in their holilday celebrations will need a good wine - I recommend this one!
I'll give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
Tomorrow, I am going to my mom's-side of the family Christmas party... they are all ubber-mormon-conservatives, and I am definitely the odd-ball of the family.
Fun, fun. Were you supposed to be mormon? I left the church (much to my mother's and sisters' shagrin[sp?]) when I was about 14.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
How cute!

How did you get your DDDC Diaper MacGyver? Form your inventive post?


Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post
I HAVE to multi-quote as I always seem to be short on time to catch up these days....
. . .My doula was trained through ALACE, as are lots of women I interviewed for my dissertation research, so I'm REALLY looking forward to it.
. . . I have seriously been thinking about starting a business/cooperative devoted to gentle birth and parenting choices when I finish this dissertation.
Wait. What's your dissertation on again? (I know you've told us )

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
she metioned how weekends such as those are filled with oxytocin & fertility is at a high. and....i unexpectedly became pregnant with ezra a couple weeks later!! i guess i proved her right....
It seemed that a statistically significant proportion of the student midwives became pregnant while in school. I was one of them too.

~laura
and planning to eat it again
Synchro246 is offline  
#148 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 08:20 PM
 
Krystal323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: In a world of dreams
Posts: 3,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
One Xmas 3 years ago, my uncle told me that I HAD to be a lesbian, since I was a liberal, and all liberals are gay
!! OMG that is hilarious!! That's about as good as my dad saying if I breastfed my kids I'd "turn them gay" :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
I left the church (much to my mother's and sisters' shagrin[sp?]) when I was about 14.
!! i wouldn't have pegged you as someone with that background...no offense of course!! One of my close long-time friends is a very devout Mormon and I am split about 50/50 for being fascinated by her, or thinking she's off the deep end She met me as a lazy Catholic, and she saw me transform from that into a devout Catholic, a questioning Catholic, then into a confused Christian, an agnostic, and finally an eclectic Pagan. She actually got angry and quit speaking to me when I was questioning my first marriage, but later, apologized and was a steady support thru my complicated divorce. : ...sry, lol.

Well I'm nearly done with gift-buying, we just need a tree!! And lots of cookie ingredients I bought Claire some Haba blocks and a few board books in German, for dh to read to her. My mom is bummed we're not coming down, but she is buying the kids some really cool stuff this year (aka she LISTENED to me after asking what they wanted! )--my son's even getting a laptop from that one-laptop-per-child thing too, and that was her own idea

argh, gtg....claire is trying to eat the xbox controllers

Freethinking Earth-mama of five. uc.jpg

Krystal323 is offline  
#149 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Homeopathy is safe while nursing - no worries there. My homeopath is a mom of 2 (extended bf kids who are 8 and 11 now) and works for a midwife (and gives remedies through that practice as well). Totally safe. Only issue I can see is how some remedies will totally knock you out. Last one I took made me SO tired (my constitutional) and I felt like co-sleeping might have been a no-no (dh slept with the babe instead of me).

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
#150 of 1059 Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
 
BrooklynDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 4,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laneysprout View Post


Megan, I am actually trying to convince DH to move to NYC (my BF lives there and is pregnant with her first). When I saw you were doing doula/babywearing work now I mentioned it to him and he said we can go only if you and I start a business together so he can stay home and write . I have seriously been thinking about starting a business/cooperative devoted to gentle birth and parenting choices when I finish this dissertation.
Sounds like a plan for sure! I'd love to have a back-up and two doulas with PhDs is a rare and special thing I imagine Come on down and we can let the men stay home

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

BrooklynDoula is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off