Mothering Forum banner

May 2007 it is December already

22K views 1K replies 39 participants last post by  emiLy 
#1 ·
Check in lets us know how you are doing.

Can you believe 7 months old already or soon to be.
:
Anyone else finding their baby is growing way to fast?

See less See more
#103 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Omy gosh, the night crawling sounds scary to me. . . .K-thunk. Note to self: now that mickey is crawling be wary when he wakes.
AAAGGHHH!!! Elisabeth crawled off the bed last night! At 3:30! I had woke up to her wiggling at 2:30, but she was dry and settled down w/out nursing, so I scooted her to her spot and feel back asleep, on my tummy, ah, and heard Ka-thump in my sleep and woke up gasping "Oh, God!" I knew she had fallen off. I got the light on, and she was on her back with her head towards hte foot of the bed.
jumped over my side of the bed and picked her up--I was leaning over the edge.

She was crying because she was upset at being woken up. She wasn't hurt. But we all had a hard time falling asleep. I got a guard rail today at Target tha slides between the mattress and box springs when you're not needing it. Don't know if I'll do that much, but figured it would fit our bed better than the other one available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchkimo View Post
Paper Back Swap: How do you get the credits? Is it like ebay's feedback system? cuz I'm worried that I would send someone a book and not get any credits because they were to lazy to say that they got the book. Can that happen? Also, who should I site as having referred me?. . .I've known about paper back swap for a while now, but I dismissed it as a website for naughty ole grannys to exchange their pot boiler novels.
:
Hehe, the system is very well set up, it has options that show up and have button to click when you get the book. The people there are really friendly, it works well. Ole grannies, indeed! I've got a few years, and I've gotten more AP books than pot-boilers! Hehe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by koru View Post
so who's pregnant again?
NOT ME!! i just have the feeling that someone in this group is going to be making an announcement soon.
I've got the baby bug, but want to wait to have one in the spring when Elisabeth is 2 yo.

Quote:

i just read somewhere that TTO is not good for boys. anyone heard of this? i suppose i could google it but i thought i'd check with you mamas. i put it in our humidifier to keep the germies out but now i'm wondering...
Ah, humidifier, sounds better than the chemicals
bought. I read in an article yesterday about early puberty. I'll find it and post a link. Lavender and I forget what else they mentioned.

Quote:

how are you liking my one-post-per-topic?
:

i do a lot of freecycling & the moderator just emailed me the other day asking that i post everything at one time, offers & takens. i tend to post stuff as i'm cleaning and/or as something gets picked up so i don't forget. it's easier for me to keep track but apparently it bugs the mods. oops.
I just joined my local freecycle.

#105 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
The little extra is soooo worth it to me - besides the little calculation they give you on the site (gas money savings, etc.), it saves me about a zillion dollars in sanity. Drive thru post office is great, but even greater is walking it out to the mailbox. Barely even have to get dressed to do that - AND instant credit!
I need to do that. ROTFLMAO about barely getting dressed. I'm the only SAHanything of my direct neighbors. I love going out in the morning looking like crap with nary a dog to look at me crosswise.

Yes, it is 1892, apparently.

Quote:

so who's pregnant again?
NOT ME!! i just have the feeling that someone in this group is going to be making an announcement soon.
NOT ME. I cannot wait to get the IUD. It's very important to me to wait until Mick is weaned (which won't be for yearS) before I go getting knocked up again.
Did I say I took a test though?

#106 ·
Mickey's diaper rash is yeast! Went to the pedi today. That's what he said. He also complimented my cloth diaps. I'm not looking forword to treating everything for yeast. Got any tips? I was planning on using TTO
: (and bleach
:
: and vinegar and sun)

Also, we got the HIB shot
: & it's not siiting so well this time around. He's awfully fussy. I know it's par for the course. . .

Oh he was 23lb 4oz. & 28in long. It seems his weight growth is slowing. Wooo!

#110 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
AAAGGHHH!!! Elisabeth crawled off the bed last night! At 3:30! I had woke up to her wiggling at 2:30, but she was dry and settled down w/out nursing, so I scooted her to her spot and feel back asleep, on my tummy, ah, and heard Ka-thump in my sleep and woke up gasping "Oh, God!" I knew she had fallen off. I got the light on, and she was on her back with her head towards hte foot of the bed.
jumped over my side of the bed and picked her up--I was leaning over the edge.

She was crying because she was upset at being woken up. She wasn't hurt. But we all had a hard time falling asleep. I got a guard rail today at Target tha slides between the mattress and box springs when you're not needing it. Don't know if I'll do that much, but figured it would fit our bed better than the other one available..
I am still using the rolled up towel under the sheets trick. It's worked perfectly so far.

Quote:

so who's pregnant again?
I am pretty sure it isn't me, but not 100% sure. And, I hope not. I am with Laura, and would like to wait until Seb has weaned. I am not that interested in tandem nursing.

#111 ·
Just poking in to say hi! We're still working through Eric's food intolerances but things are great. He got his first tooth last week and I'm hoping he starts to sit up on his own soon. My kids are always late developers with this stuff. I am SO not the pregnant one. I do think I want another, but it'll be a few years down the road.

I can't think of anything interesting to share, lol. Are they really 7 months old?
Time is going too fast!

#112 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro246 View Post
Oh he was 23lb 4oz. & 28in long. It seems his weight growth is slowing. Wooo!
Holy smokes! Well done
I thought Eric was big, but he's a measly 17ish pounds. I blame the food intolerances because dd1 was huge and this guy nurses all.day.long. Eric did outgrow his infant car seat last month! He's too long, but I have no idea how long he is. I'm not good about going to the well-baby appointments.

#114 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFPookie View Post
Stacey-

That picture in your signature is crazy gorgeous.

thanks!
Would you believe I snapped that picture with my cheap camera?
I was taking a picture of Eric when the girls came in (fresh from a bath) and asked if they could get in the picture too. It was one of those moments where all the planets aligned at just the right moment.

#116 ·
*waves*

k is practically a june baby (may 29th), so i feel a little out of step with the rest of you ladies-- which is definitely a self-correcting problem as our babies get older!

but we're hanging in there. k is dragging himself all over the floor, and has been since about a week before thanksgiving. he plays around with getting up on his knees, but when he does that, he's more interested in pulling himself up to standing than trying to crawl around that way.

apparently, drinking from the cat's water bowl is his new favorite hobby.

he's a fan of bananas, guacamole, and brown rice.

we're doing a very lazy ec, and he's very much amused by hanging out on the potty. he was a strong signaler as a newborn, but not so much now. i'm washing way more poopy diapers now than i was three or even two months ago. i'm going to splurge and get one of those clear potties for christmas. it might make a difference and it might not. it'll be neat, anyway.

and i'm hoping desparately that i'm not pregnant. i haven't gotten my period back yet, but i'm getting some confusing signals from my body. i really need to start temping again.

between him and older brother s (3 years), life is rarely quiet, and never boring. can i have a day off now?
:

christina

#117 ·
Kiran rolled off the bed too, into the crib sidecar where dd1 usually sleeps (but she was over on my other side cuddling w/dh). It's a waterbed, and she had to roll over the side bar, so I don't think a rolled towel would have helped a bit!

No chance of me being preggo.

#119 ·
Quote:

have any of you ever participated in a frontier co-op? we have a local co-op group & frontier runs monthly but it's so tricky to break out of the usual mode since i can't smell, feel & touch the products. i tend to just buy what i'm used to. anyone have any great frontier stuff they love & can't live without?
I want in a co-op SO bad. When I lived in Vancouver, a woman I knew ran her own bakery business and so she ran sort of a mini-coop, she would pick up stuff for other people at the organic food distributors for cheap. We'd get 4KG tubs of organic peanut butter. Those were the days. Actually, now we get organic PB @ the Bulk Barn for 2.29/lb which I think is cheaper than we were paying anyway. But now that I'm doing E2L, I'm not eating PB, but I could really use great big bags o' beans. But, I haven't managed to find one, OK I know what company does it here, but I haven't found a group to join up with. I would start my own, but I'm squeamish about handling/storing meat for other people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
I am learning to knit (and not multi quoting
) and it is so much fun (although I am tangling the yarn and need to just undo this and start over I think).

We have two friends staying with us - dh's bffs. It is boy city around here. Toliets up, beer drinking, girl jokes, the whole thing. I think they are all so cute. Kinda fun.

Need hands to knit

Yay for knitting, that's a project that was supposed to be for my "month off" but got put on the backburner because there are so many other things to do. I guess that will have to wait until May (perfect time of year for knitting, LOL)

Just don't let DHs friends stay for FOUR MONTHS!!! DPs friends came to stay with us in May 2006 and NEVER LEFT. We thought the only way to get them to leave would be to leave ourselves, so that's part of what made us decide to go traveling. And then I got pregnant... (ETA: so we've never been alone since
)

#120 ·
I was going to ETA again, but then I remembered we're trying to up our post count

Raven used the little kiddie potty at the mall twice yesterday, and even though we were out from 10 am - 3 pm, I only changed one wet diaper (before the first potty, I didn't think to try and so guess what, ended up with a wet dipe) ... the other people in the family bathroom thought she was amazing or something
heheheh.

#121 ·
short
list of things that have happened this week:

croupy kids
fifths disease
head lice
lost the minutes for the PTO meeting
new radiator for van ($440)
new blower fan for van ($130)
grocery shopping with 5
grocery shopping with
3 yo and baby
attempt to watch Christmas Carol with
and baby (family friendly performance)
------------------------from here down happened yesterday/this morning
head lice (again for one and a new one)
girls 30+ minutes late for school and one home for the day
phone call from the assistant principal re: excessive tardies
note home from school re: excessive absences (7) for the Kindergartner
new radiator and temperature gauge for hubby's car - the one that got a new engine 2 months ago ($400)
lemon bars for goodie auction flop (won't set in time)
pumpkin mousse topping for cheesecake for auction too runny (fortunately the chocolate mousse cheesecake came out
and with extra mousse to share with the naked supposed-to-be-pumpkin one)
cranky baby with white bumps (teeth)
can't decide what to get hubby for birthday and Christmas
hubby is right now returning my Christmas present (elliptical) to pay for the car repairs (this actually kind of makes me feel better, given that I have no idea what to get for him - well, aside from the nowhere reasonable to be found GHIII for the Wii)
more yelling than I want to admit to, particularly re: getting to school on time this morning

I feel better. Let go, release, breathe, relax. Feed the crankman to sleep, finish work, reclaim the disastered kitchen, and consider a nap. Tonight I'm going to see Christmas Carol with E and S (and not
) and hopefully the weekend will be relatively relaxing.

#123 ·
Wow!
I second the margarita!

I have to say that it's NOT me either!!

The past week has been awful. Turns out that Kade did have a stomach bug that we all passed around. Two kids with diarrhea is not fun. I painted my mom's family room and got it all put back together. I got the leak in the window fixed.

I got the bug yesterday and the night before. I was so out of it. I was supposed to meet my brother here to cut his hair and totally spaced it. Then, my friend called and asked if she could come pick up a saw we're letting her borrow and I forgot, again, and didn't answer the door. I heard my phone ringing, looked at it, and jumped up and answered the door. Then, I gave her the wrong saw so she had to come all the way back.
I feel like such an idiot. Today, I'm staying home and not leaving!

#124 ·
Thanks guys

Trying to avoid the urge for retail and/or flopped but tasty lemon square therapy
. Especially no lemon bars with no elliptical
. Margarita sounds good though. Oh so good. But sticking to MDC, nap, and maybe some mindless online game therapy next time I'm nak-ing

#125 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
The past week has been awful. Turns out that Kade did have a stomach bug that we all passed around. Two kids with diarrhea is not fun. I painted my mom's family room and got it all put back together. I got the leak in the window fixed.
Ew. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

#126 ·
phew~

this thread is moving at lightening speed! i can always tell when everyone is gabby because i stop getting the individual emails. it's as if the server just gives up.

i've found GSE to work great for yeast/any diaper rash. just add a drop or two to a few ounces of water & dab on with a cotton ball. or, if you use cloth wipes, add a few drops to the wipe water.

EFPookie, i hope the deep breathing worked for you, mama, because that was a challenging post to read.
:

i want to learn how to knit, too. maybe dh's daughter can teach me.

my sister opened a new spa in the city (of chicago)and tonight is the grand opening party. i'm so incredibly proud of her! she's been working as a massage therapist for 15 yrs & this has always been her dream. just because i'm gloating with pride, here's her website...

http://allyuspa.com/

in baby news, ezra climbed up 2 stairs!? our bedroom has a few steps down to where the bed is & it's a perfect place for him to play around. i put him there the other day while i went to the bathroom & came back to find him up the stairs!? too fast...too fast. my baby's growing up..........

#127 ·
Quote:

my sister opened a new spa in the city (of chicago)and tonight is the grand opening party. i'm so incredibly proud of her! she's been working as a massage therapist for 15 yrs & this has always been her dream. just because i'm gloating with pride, here's her website...

http://allyuspa.com/
Forget the margarita, I'm coming to Chicago
. Even her website is relaxing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.