Mothering Forum banner

May 2007 it is December already

22K views 1K replies 39 participants last post by  emiLy 
#1 ·
Check in lets us know how you are doing.

Can you believe 7 months old already or soon to be.
:
Anyone else finding their baby is growing way to fast?

See less See more
#2 ·
I
. (aka subbing the new thread)

and I second the
:

eta:<<<<<<<<<<<<WHO DID THAT? BWAHAHAHA. THAT'S THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER!!!!

Thanks!

Editing again because I forgot to actually sub the thread I was so excited. And then discovering that I set my default to autosub the thread. Dee-dee-dee.

#3 ·
I can't believe it's been almost 7 months already! Our babies are growing up way too fast!

Kade is sitting well, jumps in my lap all the time, babbles, says "hi" now, gives kisses, lays on my shoulder and says "awww"(usually when I get home from work
), he isn't crawling but he will sit on his hands and knees for a minute. I am loving him right now, he is so much fun!

#4 ·
happy december, everyone!

ezra fell asleep with daddy this morning which is a miracle! dh used to be able to put him to sleep when he took a bink but now that he's refusing it, i've been the sole putter-to-sleeper. dad & son have been upstairs in the la-z-boy for almost an hour. woo hoo! (and i was able to clean, organize & rearrange the study....i'm a chronic rearranger & organizer ~ it makes me happy & i function better without clutter. don't get me wrong....we have a lot of shtuff sitting around but i like everything to have it's place.

we're expecting an ice storm today. it's dreary outside & freezing cold! i skipped my homeopathy study group this morning & am so glad i did because i'm really looking forward to the tie dye party my friend organized & i really don't like to be oversheduled. i'm still in my robe with nasty hair that desperately needs washing (along with the rest of my body) but i've been productive & i feel cozy.

#7 ·
wow, dec already. the year's almost over!!
: I feel like I'm still catching my breath from seeing the positive pregnancy test in '06, in some ways!

Claire is tons of fun as well--I hope I am taking enough pics and writing enough down in her baby book...spending enough time just cuddling on her, and all my kids
this time goes so fast, before we know it, we'll have toddlers!
Or teenagers....
!

On to more pleasant thoughts....

Ooh, I'm jealous, a homeopathy class and a tie dye party both sound enormously fun! I would love to overschedule myself if it was for stuff like that!

gtg bbl

#8 ·
Iris turned six months old today! She was at the ped. for her 6 month visit yesterday and has doubled her birth weight to 17 lbs. 6 oz. She is also 28 1/2 inches tall, which puts her at the 99th percentile for height! Dh and I are both pretty tall (5'8" and 6'1"), and it looks like DD will be, too.

She popped TWO teeth this week...bottom left on Monday and bottom right on Wednesday. Ped. said it looks the top two are ready to break through any day.

I took this adorable picture of Iris and her cousin this morning. Iris was on her tummy trying to scoot and her cousin kept offering words of encouragement: "Move, baby! Move!" She finally asked to hold her and I got this shot:
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/CIMG1356.jpg

#10 ·
all i have to say is, the april '07 ddc always has the most action! let's talk it up, mamas, and up our posts.

i've never actually lurked on another ddc....what are they talking about over there?

why don't my children sleep? it's 9:30 & my almost 3 y/o is saying something to me from the top of the stairs & ezra is crawling around at my feet.

#12 ·
Hey y'all. I grew up in Florida - that's where I got the y'all. I haven't lived there since '95 (
man that's a long time ago) but I will always say y'all.

I found a pair of longies I knit a while back - like a year and a half ago I guess when I was knitting a bunch testing a pattern I was developing. They fit Henry pretty well, so he had those on all day today. Now I want to knit him a few more pairs, and actually knit to his measurements and everything with extra high waist to keep his tummy extra warm.

I am blaming yesterday and today's excessive drool and maybe a bit of a fever on more teething. I guess we're doing the fast and furious method of teething because man he's not really getting a break!

My husband got Guitar Hero III today and is attempting to be reasonable about only playing it a bit. Ha. Well, at least Delia likes watching him play and you can pause mid-song so he won't completely ignore Henry.

That E2L is SO not up my alley, but I do need to get more active and lose some weight. Delia and I have been doing a few Sun Salutations each morning. Feels good just to get stretched out and that helps me to move well during the day.

I am tired of my evenings. Henry's taking a while to get to sleep the last few days. While I'm doing that my husband is trying to get Delia to sleep but it usually ends up I get her to sleep after Henry's asleep. Then I get about 20 minutes after she falls asleep before he's awake again and by the time he's back asleep it's 11 PM and all I want to do is sit around with my eyes half closed. Just a bit of complaining from me - I feel better already.

December?! How did this happen!? Henry will be seven months tomorrow. Crazy.

#13 ·
Happy December everyone!! I can't believe its Christmas time already?!?!
: Elise is already 7mths old (Nov 26th) and its so hard to believe our babies are getting so big already. She is trying very hard to crawl she probably would be crawling by now if she was put on the floor more or if she liked being on her belly . She likes to sit much more than get up on all fours. She has 2 teeth and loves chewing on carrots (I give her whole carrots to teeth on). She is a great sleeper, she is our only sleeper the other 2 girls still (14 & 5) get up at night
:.

We had a great day today. It was our oldest 14th
:
party. We had a Survivor party complete w/ eating pretty GROSS things and challenges. The kids loved it and they all had a great time. We had a joint party w/ one of my very good friends dd as our girls were born on the same day/year. So we had tribes and all.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by emiLy View Post
Hey y'all. I grew up in Florida - that's where I got the y'all. I haven't lived there since '95 (
man that's a long time ago) but I will always say y'all.

My husband got Guitar Hero III today and is attempting to be reasonable about only playing it a bit. Ha. Well, at least Delia likes watching him play and you can pause mid-song so he won't completely ignore Henry.

Emily,
I grew up in FL too!! As you can see I say y'all all the time. I smile everytime I see you write it.
:

My DH has Guitar Hero III too and he LOVES it. DD2 will say "Daddy, it time to ROCK!" And they will play, she gets all her instruments out and sings and plays too. Its very fun to watch.

#15 ·
I went to be at 7:30 last night and stayed in bed for 12 hours! This is unheard of for me. Everyone is still sleeping and it is snowing for the first time outside. VEry peaceful morning

DH has a recital for his piano students today. It is at a loft in TriBeCa and there will be about 120 people there -- busy day! I have to get flowers for all his students soon.

#16 ·
Hey Megan or Krystal or anyone else doing Eat To Live... I was wondering what it was (because I thought you were both veggie?) so instead of being lazy and asking you guys, I looked it up (ha ha). It's pretty similar to the diet I'd been trying to follow, I think. But I am wondering if you read his book? Is there any point reading it? I'm going to a book store later so if it's worth a read, I guess I'll pick it up. But it seems pretty straightforward from poking around the website...

#17 ·
Hi everyone...I got lost in the Nov thread, but now I am back

Julianne is crawling now, mostly backwards tho
She has been eating solids for a couple of weeks...I have been considering a diaper sprayer...anyone have one??? Is it helpful?? Do I have to rinse her diapers before washing (they are still runny, but pretty gooey too)???

Though we were against it from the beginning, we are now co-sleeping. It started because we are away from home until atleast Feb and we didn't bring the crib, just a pack n play. We put a really comfy tempurpedic pad in the bottom of it, but dd must feel insecure or something without her crib, so she will only nap in it. I have actually been getting more sleep now that she doesn't have to wake me up to have a nibble...I think she is pretty much attached to my boob most of the night

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
Hey Megan or Krystal or anyone else doing Eat To Live... I was wondering what it was (because I thought you were both veggie?) so instead of being lazy and asking you guys, I looked it up (ha ha). It's pretty similar to the diet I'd been trying to follow, I think. But I am wondering if you read his book? Is there any point reading it? I'm going to a book store later so if it's worth a read, I guess I'll pick it up. But it seems pretty straightforward from poking around the website...
You can skim it at the store but you can skip buying it for sure -- 4 fruits at least a day, 1 lb cooked veggies, 1 pound raw veggies (greens), at least 1 cup beans -- no dairy no meat (easy!)

I love it!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSAX View Post
You can skim it at the store but you can skip buying it for sure -- 4 fruits at least a day, 1 lb cooked veggies, 1 pound raw veggies (greens), at least 1 cup beans -- no dairy no meat (easy!)

I love it!
Sounds easy enough! I'm gonna see if my DH would be interested in that... not for me, for him

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwpsgurl View Post
Hi everyone...I got lost in the Nov thread, but now I am back. . . Julianne is crawling now, mostly backwards tho
She has been eating solids for a couple of weeks...I have been considering a diaper sprayer...anyone have one??? Is it helpful?? Do I have to rinse her diapers before washing (they are still runny, but pretty gooey too)???
Welcome back. Yeah, it's hard to keep up unless you read every day or two. I take the poopy dipes to the bathroom and wipe off what I can with to and flush it. Of course, the stain seems to come out slightly more if I rinse and scrub it against itself. But who wants to do that? I just put them in the sun.

Yay on the co-sleeping. I like it, even if she kicks and squirms. I paid attention and she woke me to nurse around two am and I got up and went to get a drink at 2:30, moved her over to her spot, then she woke me at 6:30. She wiggled and fussed and feel asleep sometime in between (had to potty but not bad enough to wake up or wet her dipe), but I didn't potty her until 6:30, then nursed again. She cries ad squirms and it feel like she's awake/moving more than she is, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyleigh33 View Post
I'm so excited I had to share... I bought Raven a Bjorn little potty yesterday and just put her on it and caught a pee! Woo hoo. Another book question...Emily ~ if you had to recommend only 1 book on EC, which one would it be?
Yay for BBLP, and good question. It is so much easier pottying her on the potty than holding her over a bowl. But now she's mobile, she gets off and follows me if she's upset. She'll sit and play for quite a bit. I think it takes her a little while to go at times, not right away.

I love seeing everyone's pictures. I'm curious about Flickr, if you're just browsing the site, can you look at anyone's pictures? I haven't really posted pics online. I do have some in my MySpace, need to update them. It's not public, but PM me or request, and I'll add you to my Friends.

I added Megan, LizzyQ, emiLy, Fiona and Laura to my PaperBackSwap Buddy list. It's fun looking at your wishlists and going, "Oh, I want that book!"

And Laura, I found your poll in TAO, was it for class or curiosity? Very interesting.

ETA: Eaglevoice, your waterbirth pictures are amazing. I want some birth pictures for me. But
doesn't want anyone else there or pictures taken. *sigh*

#23 ·
Kermit had his first tooth actually pop through yesterday. Oh I feel like he is growing up so fast and his baby time is already coming to an end
But really he is so much more fun now. For one thing, he has gotten much better at entertaining himself. Also, he's so silly now and so aware of everything, and in general just really happy most of the time, so that's nice. I have fun showing him off when I'm out. He basically forces me to talk to strangers because he smiles so much and says hi to everyone. I'm quite fond of him.

#24 ·
Quote:

I went to be at 7:30 last night and stayed in bed for 12 hours! This is unheard of for me. Everyone is still sleeping and it is snowing for the first time outside. VEry peaceful morning

sounds awesome...i was actually having days where i'd try to get up, do some stuff, then have to lay back down cause i was exhausted. i started taking my iron again, and i'm back to my insomniac-leaning tendencies
i think i remember reading that the babe's iron needs are draining your stores the most around the 6th month of breastfeeding.....? i should go google it, haha

Quote:

I love it!
Hey, don't forget the one cup allowed of whole grains/starchy veggies! I am savoring my one cup of potato right now!!
you can eat unlimited amounts of raw or cooked green veggies, beans/tofu, and fruits. the limited foods are whole grains/starchy veggies (not more than one cup daily), RAW nuts and seeds (not more than 1oz daily), and then off-limits for max. weight loss are: animal foods, dairy, refined carbs, fruit juice, dried fruit, and between-meal snacks....gawd i sound like i swallowed the book huh.

2lbs of veggies daily sounds massive, and really that's the goal, not a requirement. But so long as you're eating salads with a dressing that's 20 calories per serving or less, they actually have a negative calorie ratio--iow, the more you eat, the more weight you lose!
/end nutrition geek moment

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Yay for BBLP, and good question.
I love seeing everyone's pictures. I'm curious about Flickr, if you're just browsing the site, can you look at anyone's pictures? I haven't really posted pics online.
I ended up getting a new-ish (2007) book called "Diaper Free" because it was available at my local library. It was the only EC book they had. And I ended up buying Eat To Live because it was not available at the local library and only $15 at the book store on sale. I would've had to order it and probably not picked it up 'til next weekend when I have the car and I'm just not that patient. As it was, only 1 bookstore in the city had 1 copy of it. Not even the big Chapters had a copy.

Re: Flickr ... you have a choice of making the photos publicly available or only visible to friends and family or totally private and only visible to you. I used to have all my photos on Yahoo! Photos, but they stopped that service and gave you the option of migrating all your photos to Flickr (or Photobucket or something else). I am not enormously fond of the Flickr setup, but couldn't find any other sites I preferred, I spent a LONG time looking for a good image hosting site. Hrmph. I put all my favourite photos in my Facebook photo albums but hate that you have to basically say that you're "giving" the photo to Facebook by uploading it to their site.

#26 ·
Diaper Free is good. If I was going to recommend one, I'd say try The Diaper Free Baby. It's the newest one. All of them are good though! Infant Potty Training has the most research/historical info. If you like that sort of thing.

I love EC so much. I'm about to mark all the EC Advocacy shirts on my site as free - just pay for shipping. If you love EC, come and get one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.