Forum Jump: 

#301 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post
So, I debated on posting this as I feel weird about changing the subject
But then I thought we could probably use a change of pace.

Today was Lilah's 2nd birthday. This morning while snuggling with her I said "You know you're two today...what happened to my baby" She responded, "I still your baby, mom"

How sweet!!! Isn't that the truth...she will always be your baby. Happy Birthday Lilah.

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
#302 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 11:38 AM

I hope this isn't off, but does anyone know what bead mighty mama sent in the bead swap or wasn't she in it? I took photos with the beads and the notes together. (Each one separately) But I can't seem to find hers. (Maybe I should put it up on photobucket, since I have a few notes that were seperated from their beads, so they could be identified.) I wore my necklace while she was sick so I could send good vibes to her. (Sort of as a reminder to pray for her often). Anyone know?

Katie, mama to Katherine 19, Christian 17, Johannah 15, Nicholas 10, Genevieve 8, Matthew 5, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with  my husband, Scott

#303 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 11:43 AM

Oh, and happy birthday Lilah! Enjoy this time. My 3,5, 10, 13 and almost 15 year olds insist they aren't my babies, so I ask them what other woman has stretch marks with their names on them?

Katie, mama to Katherine 19, Christian 17, Johannah 15, Nicholas 10, Genevieve 8, Matthew 5, Andrew 11/16/09 10#6oz home waterbirth and madly in love with  my husband, Scott

#304 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaggonerfamily View Post
I hope this isn't off, but does anyone know what bead mighty mama sent in the bead swap or wasn't she in it? I took photos with the beads and the notes together. (Each one separately) But I can't seem to find hers. (Maybe I should put it up on photobucket, since I have a few notes that were seperated from their beads, so they could be identified.) I wore my necklace while she was sick so I could send good vibes to her. (Sort of as a reminder to pray for her often). Anyone know?

I had been wondering the same thing.....I was going to search to see if it was posted in the ddc, but I missed doing it before it closed (I was also hoping to find some quotes from her)

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#305 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 01:35 PM

Happy Birthday Lilah!

i've been so sad- I can't stop thinking of Jess's husband and her boys.
It's so hard to believe she is just gone.
i'm so glad that she was able to give Noah a little brother before she had to go away, so that he can grow up knowing the kind of love that MM and Kundalini Mama had for each other, and so that he will never be alone.

We are here in France at the IL's- wishing I could be with MY family this holiday season, but grateful nonetheless that I have a place to go and my dh and dc around me.
Yann is being super cute and smiley but he's changed his nap and sleep schedule on me.
#306 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 01:43 PM

Just jumping in here.

PROJECT MIGHTY-MAMA!

I am collecting fabric squares (10") from people so I can make quilts for Noah and Gavin (Mighty-mama's boys). If anyone would like to donate two squares, PM me or see my stickied thread in TAO.

#307 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 01:56 PM

Our old threads are archived. So you can still look thru them and read them, you just can't post. So you should be able to find Mighty mama's threads and such.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#308 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by takebirthback View Post
Our old threads are archived. So you can still look thru them and read them, you just can't post. So you should be able to find Mighty mama's threads and such.

:

Yeah, I found them right before you posted this

Thanks

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#309 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 02:07 PM

Hi everyone. Today is a new day and it is hard to believe that Jess is not a part of it on Earth. I just can't believe that I woke up today and all this is real.

I spent a good chunk of the afternoon with her husband, sons and family at their home. It was nice to be around the boys and to recall stories about Jess. No one seems to really be dealing with her passing, but I think that's all part of the grieving process. While I was there another MDC mama stopped by all the way from NY with milk for Gavin...thank you. I know Jess truly appreciates that kindness. She told me that I was "giving life to her baby" when I originally started donating. Gavin and my son, Marty, played a little and it was so sweet. They have their own little conversations in their baby language. Then Noah wanted to hold Marty since his "pee pee" (baby, but comes out sounding like pee pee) was sleeping. Too cute. He's such a gentle child. He touches everything like it is going to break.

Services for Jessica (a memorial) will be held at Leber-Lakeside funeral home in Hopatcong, NJ on Thursday (12/27) from 6-9 pm. Her obituary is posted at www.leberlakeside.com and will be in the Daily Record Sunday paper for those of you who are local.

Thank you again for your prayers and donations. This is surreal, but the reality of everyone's generosity makes it somewhat easier.

Love & Peace to you all.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#310 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 PM

Isn't that the truth. The ugliest and most beautiful part of childbirth :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewaggonerfamily View Post
Oh, and happy birthday Lilah! Enjoy this time. My 3,5, 10, 13 and almost 15 year olds insist they aren't my babies, so I ask them what other woman has stretch marks with their names on them?

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#311 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 02:09 PM

I'm so sad about Jess...

to her family

Mama to three  
#312 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 03:22 PM

mrsb422 ~ Thank you sooo much for posting! I am so glad to see you here with us!

I am going to look through my beads today and see if I find Jess's as well.

I am working on a baby blanket today that I plan on donating to the auction that sophiekat is working on. I am so so so sad for Jess and her family. It is helping me feel a bit better by making this blanket for the auction.... I wish that I could do more!

Side note: My little girl is really 'talking' to us today! I love it! She also grabbed her first toy last night! I watched her with so much determination grabbing for her toy.... it was truly an amazing moment and made me very happy.

What a GREAT idea babygrant! I will definitely send you some!

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#313 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 04:09 PM

I just went through all my beads and did not see one marked for her. Maybe Stacy would know, isn't she the one that put it together. ??

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#314 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 04:19 PM

Hi mamas,
I've mostly been a lurker since ddc days. I'm so sorry about Jessica, it's unbelievable what some families have to deal with. Babygrant, I'll send you some quilt squares.

I was interested to see that lots of you were also losing a lot of hair recently. I have been too and today AF arrived. Anyone else? I've also started having incredibly itchy armpits when I'm nursing. What's that all about? I remember now that it happened with dd1 too but I can't recall how long it went on. Other than that little Alison is getting cuter by the day. She hasalso started babling. A lot! I love hearing her chatting away (although not quite so much in the predawn hours!)

Anyway, I'm thinking of MM all the time these days. It hits me every time my baby smiles at me that that connection is missing in her home and how tragic it is. I hope that the bright side of this dark time for them is soon apparent, everything has to have its opposite, right?

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#315 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Anyway, I'm thinking of MM all the time these days. It hits me every time my baby smiles at me that that connection is missing in her home and how tragic it is. I hope that the bright side of this dark time for them is soon apparent, everything has to have its opposite, right?
Absolutely. Today is Yule, the longest night of the year. Today, many believe that the New Year begins and winter is beginning to wane as a New Year and new hope begins with each lengthening day. I may not have known Mighty Mama but I will remember her as I say my prayers for Yule.
#316 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Plady, I am losing a TON of hair and although it's my third baby so I know it's fairly normal, I'm freaking out a bit. I used to have very thick hair, and it's at least half gone now. Now that's cumulative over three pregnancies and babies, but it's getting quite obviously thinner just in the last three months. (How can my baby be almost 3 months old?!) I'm planning to ask my MW if there's anything I can do about it. I had a friend who would take Vitex at some point, which I believe helped with hair loss, but also stimulated cycles again, which I do NOT want. So hopefully there are other options!

----

I am so grateful to see so many things happening to support Jess's family! I wish I could make something to donate. Unfortunately, I lack not only talent (I make cards, but that's it), but also time. I'm hoping to catch the listing on HC before we leave town, as I think we're scheduled to be gone the same days as it's supposed to be up!

I certainly do treasure every day and every moment with my boys more now.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#317 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Heather: I just saw your signature has changed. You're a Trekkie? What's your favorite series? Any that you just didn't care for?

Plady: Nice to see you. I've been lucky; no AF yet. . . Is there a knock on wood smilie?
#318 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post
So, I debated on posting this as I feel weird about changing the subject
But then I thought we could probably use a change of pace.

Today was Lilah's 2nd birthday. This morning while snuggling with her I said "You know you're two today...what happened to my baby" She responded, "I still your baby, mom"
Awww! That is so sweet! We had our Yule today and the kids were just so cute. My 10yo is bouncing around here going from present to present with a huge smile on his face.

Wendi
#319 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
I was interested to see that lots of you were also losing a lot of hair recently.
I have very thick hair as well and it has been falling out like crazy! I remember this happening at the same point after my first baby.

While I was pregnant it seemed that I never lost any hair... so I feel it is just balancing it self back out. My doc told me once that it all has to do with hormones... ????

BTW: I wanted to mention that I too have been just lurking for the past couple of months.... been trying to sell our home ~ with no luck in four months! It has been very hard w/the two little ones and constantly keeping it in 'show' condition, and most of our things are in storage.... however, the last couple of days I have felt so sad for Jess and have needed you Mamas more than anything... I just don't think others (my family) understand what a strong bond all of us MDC Mamas have.
Thank you Mamas...

#320 of 400 Old 12-22-2007, 11:46 PM

Happy birthday Lilah!

mrsb - Thank you so much for keeping us updated on everything, we are here for you as well, I know this much be extremely difficult for you.

Plady - I'm still losing tons of hair, my hair looks really thin around my scalp (like I'm going bald ). No AF here (also knocking on wood).

This weekend has been really busy for us, I bought new dishes, cutlery, tablecloth and placemats, did all the shopping for Christmas dinner, finished wrapping gifts, and got my Christmas cards out (at least my side of the family, Andrew hasn't given me addresses yet). We had to have the floor replaced in our master bath. Andrew was kneeling and washing off his boots and ended up putting his knee through the floor. The flooring underneath the carpet was not appropriate for a bathroom and had severe water damage. We also had a leak in Andrew's office but that was fixed after having the roof shoveled off.

I would like to participate in the quilt project for Noah and Gavin, just need to make my way to the store to pick out fabric. When is the auction happening? I would like to try and participate in that as well.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#321 of 400 Old 12-23-2007, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I have been too and today AF arrived
AF arrived for me 1 week ago, exactly one year to the day that Sean was concieved. AF returned when both my other kids were 3 months also, so I was expecting it.

DS:11 DD:8 DS:3 DS:13 months
#322 of 400 Old 12-23-2007, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sabo: Yep, long-time Trekkie here! In fact, that's how I met my DH! My favorite series was DS9. I didn't care much for Voyager, and almost never got into the last one - Enterprise, was it? I wanted to like it, but it just didn't keep my attention. How about you?

Rachel - You're right - most mamas will not lose hair during pregnancy and then "make up" for it afterwards. I've lost hair during all three pregnancies and then even MORE after. Oh, well, at least my kids are cute!

No AF here yet, and praying it stays away. With both of my boys it's been a year plus. But yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my last AF! Hard to believe it's been a year already!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#323 of 400 Old 12-23-2007, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
Sabo: Yep, long-time Trekkie here! In fact, that's how I met my DH! My favorite series was DS9. I didn't care much for Voyager, and almost never got into the last one - Enterprise, was it? I wanted to like it, but it just didn't keep my attention. How about you?
Watched the original series reruns with my dad, but NG is my favorite. We also watched DS9, but I don't remember a lot about that series. Now that I'm home all day, I watch Voyager. I didn't like it when it came out b/c of Kate Mulgrew's voice, but I don't mind it anymore. I occasionally watch reruns of Enterprise, but its my least favorite and I can't stand its theme song.

All right, my girl is finally sleeping, so I'm off to bed. Good night.
#324 of 400 Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 AM

good morning everyone!

jamison slept really well last night - straight thru from 11 to 5 . but after she woke up she had to poop, so i had to turn the light on. it's 6:30 now and she just fell asleep again. i'm wide awake. i know 6:30 is wake-up time for some - but not me :yawning:

i've been reading, even though i haven't posted much. been busy with christmas prep.

Mama to three  
#325 of 400 Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Jessica's passing hit me so hard. It reminds me to do all I can , that I am lucky to have so many opportunites with my family. to family and irl friends of hers

My cycles usually stay away for 15 months pp. Please do not tell me I will lose hair at this rate until then! I have forgotten how long it lasts but I am definitely losing it by the handful here.

We are making cookies and marinara today. I will build lasagna after lasagna once I have the sauce. It is time to frost the cut-outs and I am not sure I live through it. We finally had our partition put in (giving us another bedroom) and we are also trying to paint that this weekend. The contractors will be back on Wednesday to finish putting in the trim and doors but it is functional as a room now.

Linus is really impressing my grandma with his size. She is recalling the time after her 5th was born. They were moving and everyone, her included, had the real flu. My mom is the oldest of 7 and they moved all the time. I think my mom says she went to more than a dozen grade schools.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#326 of 400 Old 12-24-2007, 06:04 AM

I mostly lurk here, but ny heart breaks for mighty-mama's family. I look at my baby, and i cannot imagine leaving him, and his siblings.
#327 of 400 Old 12-24-2007, 05:58 PM

So, I have neglected the DDC since Jess has been so sick . . . and now gone. It is just not the same. I miss her witty comments and posts. And it just kills me knowing she was in so much pain.

I have read up to page 11, but I HAVE to get on here, or I will never, ever do it.

Georgie is a hefty 15 lbs now, with chubby cheeks and beefy legs to prove it. I took her to get her ears checked (we all had a nasty cold) and got great praises for EBFing her.

G grins all of the time. She loves everyone, but has special love for her big sis and Mommy's boobies! Hubby and I were saying that you can be having the crappiest day, but then she shoots you that grin, like you are best thing in the world and everything else melts away. She makes an excited noise, but I don't know if I would call it laughing yet. She in LOVE with her feet and can almost get them up to her mouth!

G has turned into a finger sucker (her own, or anyone else's) just like her big sis, which makes them look super cute both sleeping with fingers in their mouths.

I have decided that I am a cow, and my family calls me Elsie, or the wet-nurse affectionately. My mom, a former LLL leader, repeatedly says, "That's just not normal, Bridget!" I easily produce 20 extra ounces a day. Hubby was lamenting the other day that we have no ice cubes because the freezer is literally FULL of breastmilk. I gave him a big lecture about how Gavin's milk is MUCH more important than a stupid square of frozen water, especially when his soda was chilled in the fridge to begin with!

I am shipping to Jack and the boys on the 27th probably, and I got some little toys to put in with the milk for the boys. I picked out a little soft doll that fits in a little peanut shell for Noah; hubby said, "that's not really boy-ish," to which I nearly burst into tears, "If he doesn't have a mommy, who will buy him a doll?" Needless to say we got the doll and a dinosaur for Noah, and a snuggly lion and a Melissa and Doug bee rattle for Gavin. And I got some bath crayons and 2 rubber ducks for them, as I remember hubby saying when he was newly widowed with Abby, "The whole day could be stressful and bad, but I can always count on bathtime being a good time."

Babywearing: I use my didymos a least every day, and am very excited that G is big enough to go on my back, so now I am revisiting cooking and baking. I love strapping her on, then I can get a batch of something going which she naps (if I have Abby's "help" or she is at preschool.)

We go to the 0-3 group at the Waldorf school Abby attends for preschool. I love it, because I feel like it is one of the few times when I can pay 100% attention to G and not feel like I am neglecting A or the opposite.

G rolls now all over, completing back to front on Dec 15!

And my baby is 4 months old!!!!!!

If anyone is so inclined, here is my blog.
#328 of 400 Old 12-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Bridget - You rock! How wonderful, all the love you're sending to Jess's family. That little dolly is adorable. It always feels so wonderul to give, and not receive, of course, but oh the package full of care you're sending their way ... It really warms me, and I'm not even the one sending it!

We were able to donate to her foundation, in lieu of gifts to my family back home. When I called my grandmother to let her know, and to have her pass on the word to everyone at gift-opening time, I just broke down crying. Life is just so unfair sometimes.

But seeing all you were able to do really perked me up! It made me realize how many people are sending so much. Jack and Noah and Gavin are going to just keep receiving such a stream of love in their mailbox for so long. It's incredible, really.
#329 of 400 Old 12-25-2007, 12:37 AM

I can't remember if I posted that Waylon has bronchitis or not. Poor little guy. He is so cute though...as we sit at the doctor's office every day while they listen to him breathe for 5 or 10 minutes, he just coos and smiles at the doctor, begging her to talk to him. The trips to town have been cumbersome, but we are getting through it. I remind myself how lucky we are to be here, together. IEverytime I start to feel sorry for myself, I think of Jess, and I know she is up there to remind me to be thankful for what I have.

I have a lot of milk too...I could have easily pumped 20+ ounces a day, but I cut back to one session in the morning and get 10. I have been giving it to my daughter, though, because she is still not growing...and now has been diagnosed with full-on failure to thrive. I don't really understand the diagnosis...she looks fine and is way ahead developmentally.

Waylon rolled over from his back to his tummy. And he loves his tummy! I need to work on weaning from the pacifier. I really wish he would find a finger or a thumb--any suggestions?

I hope all of you are having a wonderful holiday season, despite the big loss we are all feeling.
#330 of 400 Old 12-25-2007, 01:20 AM

Hi mamas,

I had to take an extended internet break since I birthed Audrey. With 3 little ones I rareely have time to eat since I'm busy busy busy all the time.

I have spent the past half hour holding my wee one and crying my eyes out over the news of Mighty Mama passing. It makes me realize I need to appreciate every moment I have.

My baby Audrey has RSV My oldest child goes to kindergarten outside the home so I guess he brought it home. I had to take her to the hospital (yuck!) because she was coughing so bad. Of course I got the 3rd degree about not vaxing her. Don't know why the doc bothered chewing me out because there is no vax for RSV anyway. *sigh* I;m doing all i can to keep her comfortable and eating well. She is not getting worse so thats good. I wish I could be sick instead though. poor wee baby.

It's amazing that last year at this time we were just barely pregnant! I'm already yearning for another baby! does anyone feel this way?
But dh and I have decided to try to wait at least a couple years until we try for the next one.

I have a question for all of you mamas. Audrey was 7lb 11oz at birth. her lowest recorded weight was 7.2 lbs.
at 13 weeks she is only 10.5 with clothes on. does that seem small? shes "talking"
and holds her head up and i nurse her on demand. i also wear her and cosleep. i guess i just worry because it seems like everyone elses babies are so much bigger now. she's still a teeny peanut.

Is anyone else still losing hair in handfuls? I've been saving mine because I;m curious to see how much it ends up being when it's all said and done. lol. yeah I'm weird.heh

well, i have to go help santa finish wrapping some gifts. I will be on here more often. I miss talking to you lovely mamas.

heartbeat.gif Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 6, 3, 2) & 3 angel1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page