Forum Jump: 

#361 of 400 Old 12-29-2007, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A handful of photos:

Liam and his cousin Jos

Commissioning and my new babyhawk

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 12:04 AM

Hey mamas! I haven't been on the boards in forever! Anyway, I'm hoping to become more active in the group again. Lila is doing wonderfully, definitely going to keep her big blue eyes (Rowan's were already brown by this time.) She started laughing this month and began sucking her thumb today (sucking it right now, hehe). I've tried a pacifier but she hates them, she hates bottles as well. The few times DH has tried to give her EBM she just screamed until she was purple in the face, she's about the breast and her thumb and that is IT but of course that's fine by me. She's SO close to rolling over and can sit up for a few seconds at a time. She'll be 4 months old on the 3rd and I just cannot believe it!

Also, unrelated but I had a tiny bit of bleeding when I was about 6 weeks PP which I thought was AF back but I've had absolutely no bleeding at ALL since then, YAY!!! (and no, NOT pregnant, haha) I was so upset when I thought my AF was back so soon despite exclusive BF but luckily, it's showing no signs of coming back anytime soon *knock on wood*

Alia + Brian proud parents to Rowan (9/8/04) Lila (9/3/07) and Rhys (6/11/10)
#363 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Nice family photo Katie. Congrats to your DH! and no more homework!

Well, Marshall gained the ounces he lost plus more! We finally reached 11 lbs. 3 ounces! Guess the nursing, pumping, supplement combo worked. The Ped says "keep doing what you're doing". I'm so happy about the weight gain but bummed about how we did it. But by the end of the day yesterday I started to let go and say to myself, whatever works. It stinks to be tied to the pump and not be able to pump as much as DS will eat but at least he's nursing still, even if it isn't perfect. So I don't have a stash of bm in fridge so DH and I can go out for a couple of hours, we'll have to supplement. Our lives must go on and as long as DS gets breast milk along the way....I can't beat myself up any longer or stress myself out. Before we know it, this kid is going to be reaching for our food. He's been watching us lately when we eat:
So there it is for now... (((deep breath)))

Some updated photos are on the blog.

Have a safe weekend everyone!

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#364 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylea_moon View Post
Hey mamas! I haven't been on the boards in forever! Anyway, I'm hoping to become more active in the group again. Lila is doing wonderfully, definitely going to keep her big blue eyes (Rowan's were already brown by this time.) She started laughing this month and began sucking her thumb today (sucking it right now, hehe). I've tried a pacifier but she hates them, she hates bottles as well. The few times DH has tried to give her EBM she just screamed until she was purple in the face, she's about the breast and her thumb and that is IT but of course that's fine by me. She's SO close to rolling over and can sit up for a few seconds at a time. She'll be 4 months old on the 3rd and I just cannot believe it!

Also, unrelated but I had a tiny bit of bleeding when I was about 6 weeks PP which I thought was AF back but I've had absolutely no bleeding at ALL since then, YAY!!! (and no, NOT pregnant, haha) I was so upset when I thought my AF was back so soon despite exclusive BF but luckily, it's showing no signs of coming back anytime soon *knock on wood*
Glad to see you on here! Liam has also found his thumb and definitely prefers that or his fingers over a pacifier, I'm hoping he decides to wean himself from the pacifier completely soon.

As for PP bleeding, I too had it at 6 weeks PP after my pap, but nothing since then. Hoping AF is a LOOOONG ways away.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#365 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkihoi View Post
Nice family photo Katie. Congrats to your DH! and no more homework!

Well, Marshall gained the ounces he lost plus more! We finally reached 11 lbs. 3 ounces! Guess the nursing, pumping, supplement combo worked. The Ped says "keep doing what you're doing". I'm so happy about the weight gain but bummed about how we did it. But by the end of the day yesterday I started to let go and say to myself, whatever works. It stinks to be tied to the pump and not be able to pump as much as DS will eat but at least he's nursing still, even if it isn't perfect. So I don't have a stash of bm in fridge so DH and I can go out for a couple of hours, we'll have to supplement. Our lives must go on and as long as DS gets breast milk along the way....I can't beat myself up any longer or stress myself out. Before we know it, this kid is going to be reaching for our food. He's been watching us lately when we eat:
So there it is for now... (((deep breath)))

Some updated photos are on the blog.

Have a safe weekend everyone!
Yay Marshall!!!!! Whatever is working for you, keep doing it. You can't beat yourself up for it and him gaining weight consistantly matters most. Perhaps in the future you can work towards your goal, but for now keep doing what works best for the both of you. The new photos of Marshall are adorable! I'm really happy dh is an officer now, but not looking forward to him being gone during the day. At least when he had classes he was here during the day to help me out. He starts his new job on Jan. 8th, this is what I'll soon look like:

Liam is also watching us eat...this morning while I was making toast and holding him he reached his hand into the jelly jar and quickly stuffed it into his mouth : That will teach me not to hold him while making food from now on.

#366 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post

Liam is also watching us eat...this morning while I was making toast and holding him he reached his hand into the jelly jar and quickly stuffed it into his mouth : That will teach me not to hold him while making food from now on.
I am terrified of G starting solids! I hate the idea that her popcorn poo will soon smell like real poo. Abby continues to drag out potty learning - now we have interest, but no successes yet- just lots of flushing. It takes everything I have to stay patient with her (she had spinal cord surgery at 5 mo, a kidney pressing on her bladder, and she was a preemie, so we expected a late start.) But 3.5 yr old poo is NASTY! Yet another reason I am really trying to get EC down with Georgie. I've said that she will be exclusively breastfed until she can poo independently.

Hubby is in North Carolina for his grandfather's funeral, which leaves me alone with the girls for 5 days. No preschool, no playgroup, nothing. :
#367 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliantmama View Post
I am terrified of G starting solids! I hate the idea that her popcorn poo will soon smell like real poo. Abby continues to drag out potty learning - now we have interest, but no successes yet- just lots of flushing. It takes everything I have to stay patient with her (she had spinal cord surgery at 5 mo, a kidney pressing on her bladder, and she was a preemie, so we expected a late start.) But 3.5 yr old poo is NASTY! Yet another reason I am really trying to get EC down with Georgie. I've said that she will be exclusively breastfed until she can poo independently.

Hubby is in North Carolina for his grandfather's funeral, which leaves me alone with the girls for 5 days. No preschool, no playgroup, nothing. :
Oh don't I know all about it. I went through potty learning with both of my brother's kids when I was nannying for them. Their mom had them until 2pm everyday and then I had them for the rest of the day and night while they were at work, and they really tested my patience as far as grossness goes. My nephew had a habit of going in random places around the house
We're ECing as well but haven't caught any poos yet, hopefully he starts giving us cues for those soon.

I hope those 5 days go by quick for you!

#368 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 05:00 PM

I am definitely not looking forward to solids poo! ugh. When are you all introducing solids? I'm waiting until at least 6 months which seems so soon.

#369 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 06:25 PM

It's been awhile since I've been on...

things are going well. Christmas was great - I'm blessed with a wonderful family and wonderful in-laws (both MIL and FIL have passed away, but DH has 5 brothers and sisters that I really enjoy).

Sean is fantastic - still nursing well, sleeping well at night and is generally a very happy little person. I pump at work (I work 3 days a week) and he takes that in the bottle, and sometimes has 1 bottle of formula I'm still sad about having to return to work, however, we have found the most wonderful lady to take care of him. She is a SAHM to 2 boys who are both in school during the day, and she just wanted to have a baby in the house again. So Sean is getting total 1:1 attention and love. He's with the daycare provider a total of 12 hours a week, so it's not that bad.

I truly couldn't ask for DH to be any better of a father. He is so incredibly involved and in love with Sean. It's wonderful.

My favorite time of day is night time because I love co sleeping so much. Sean doesn't nap very well during the day, however, he's still sleeping through the night like a champ. I lay him in bed with DH around 9pm, then I join them around 11pm. I love scooping Sean up into my arms and snuggling with him all night. He's my little lovie.

I'm off now to get caught up with all the previous posts...

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#370 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
When are you all introducing solids? I'm waiting until at least 6 months which seems so soon.]
We're going to try and wait until 6 months. Sean already seems to be interested in what we're eating - he tries to reach out and grab.

#371 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 06:41 PM

How many babies do we have that are rolling already?

Sean just turned 4 months old and is not rolling at all. He's just pefectly content laying on his back looking at toys, and when he's on his belly he just grunts and tries to push himself foward. No interest in rolling...

#372 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 06:53 PM

Quote:
I am definitely not looking forward to solids poo! ugh. When are you all introducing solids? I'm waiting until at least 6 months which seems so soon.
I plan on waiting 6 or more months. It will be interesting to be sure as dd was always a self-feeder. She had pincher grip waaay early and would never let me feed her. I am planning on doing the same with cian, but will have to see how it develops. He is been mimicking chewing for a couple of months already

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#373 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 06:59 PM

We started cereal at 4 months and fruits/veggies at 5 months. I definitely miss the EBF poo though solid food poo smell makes me want to :Puke

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#374 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaE View Post

Sean just turned 4 months old and is not rolling at all. He's just pefectly content laying on his back looking at toys, and when he's on his belly he just grunts and tries to push himself foward. No interest in rolling...
Lila will be 4 months on the 3rd and hasn't quite rolled over yet but she's getting close, she tries really hard and gets frustrated. I can't remember when my DS first rolled over

#375 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 07:22 PM

Oh my goodness, I've been away so long I just now have realized that mighty_mama passed! Is there anything I can do for the family? I don't have much money but I do have a huge milk supply, does her babe need ebm? I could definitely send some if it's ok with the family. It looks like there is someone providing ebm but if she needs anymore, someone let me know! I have tons in the freezer as Lila refuses to take a bottle for the life of her.

Oh Mighty_Mama....:

#376 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 07:38 PM

Gosh, I need to catch up!

Georgia is rolling over from belly to back. She started doing this during the night and now she does it when I lay her on her playmat during the day. It's really cute!

I'm not planning to start solids until at least 6 mths. Like alot of others, she seems to be eyeing the food and really watching us at mealtimes. But I'm sure she's not ready yet, just being a curious baby.I'm not sure if I'm going to do baby led weaning this time or not. It's a really tempting idea. Last time, DS ate pretty much whatever we did from about 7 mths. I would just puree it and put any leftovers in ice cube trays for lunches or nights when we had something he couldn't eat. That never seemed very hard either. I never bought jarred food at all.

I've left Georgia twice now for about 4 hrs each. She did very well staying with DH. He offered her a bottle of EBM both times and she just took small amts, mainly just waiting on me to get home. My boobies were just aching for her both times!

It's hard to believe that she will be 4 mths tomorrow. That just seems surreal. Seems like just yesterday we were all in a hurry to meet our little ones and now they're getting so big.
#377 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaE View Post

Maybe Sean will go straight to crawling?

Aiyana rolled for the first time when she was 6wks...but it may have been a fluke?

She rolls from back to tummy alot when we're in bed...mostly because she sees my boobs hangin out and wants some food....

She's rolling from tummy to back all the time now and she just hit the 3 month mark. She also loves to stand...with me holding her steady of course...

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#378 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 08:10 PM

& Introducing solids whenever she shows interest (around 5-6 months?). She tried to grab a banana out of my hand this morning and she's only 3 months! I think she'll be teething early or something cause all she does is gnaw on her fist and drool and drool and fuss and drool some more. Plus she refuses my breast sometimes. Who knows.....she's advancing pretty quickly.. it's a little scary and sad that she's getting so big so fast. She's already such a big girl it seems.

#379 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 08:14 PM

Quote:
She started laughing this month and began sucking her thumb. I've tried a pacifier but she hates them, she hates bottles as well. The few times DH has tried to give her EBM she just screamed until she was purple in the face, she's about the breast and her thumb and that is IT
Sounds just like Aiy! It's so cute that she found her thumb........she's sleeping now but I think I'll go stare at her.....

#380 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
& Introducing solids whenever she shows interest (around 5-6 months?). She tried to grab a banana out of my hand this morning and she's only 3 months! I think she'll be teething early or something cause all she does is gnaw on her fist and drool and drool and fuss and drool some more. Plus she refuses my breast sometimes. Who knows.....she's advancing pretty quickly.. it's a little scary and sad that she's getting so big so fast. She's already such a big girl it seems.
Lila does the same thing, lots of gnawing on the fist and drooling and refusing the breast once in awhile too. I'm almost positive it's early teething. My mother says I got my first tooth at 2 months! Looks like she might be following in mommy's footsteps, although she is almost 4 months. DS got his first tooth at 6 months.

#381 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
Sounds just like Aiy! It's so cute that she found her thumb........she's sleeping now but I think I'll go stare at her.....
lol, last night Lila wriggled out of her swaddle 4 different times and i woke up to the sound of her sucking her thumb, so precious! i guess it's time to stop swaddling because she wants that thumb bad!

#382 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 08:41 PM

We plan to start solids at 6 months +, whenever he meets the requirements for it. He has already stolen his first bite of food though. Liam has been rolling since around 6 weeks, he has mastered rolling from back to tummy in the bathtub (probably not the best place for it), but I let him do it when all the water is out. He has a hard time doing it on his blanket but I think its because he can't get a good grip with his feet, so he ends up on his side.

Maylea_moon - From what I understand Jack is still accepting milk donations, I'll send you a pm.

#383 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 10:06 PM

I FINALLY have some time to check online at home and see all the pics of the babes!! They're all gorgeous. David is sleeping away in the ring sling as I type. He is such a happy baby!!

Here are the photos of my GI-NORMOUS baby. People are constantly guessing he's 6-7 months, and this morning he wore a 12 month size sweatshirt...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...d/IMG_0082.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...d/IMG_0126.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...d/IMG_0146.jpg

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#384 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 10:59 PM

jmhammond- what a gorgeous little guy! i love his eyes!

Could Aiy be teething already???!! She's been drooling like a mad-woman, sucking and gnawing on everything, refusing to eat sometimes and fussing for no apparent reason........what the heck? she's only 3mo!:

#385 of 400 Old 12-30-2007, 11:07 PM

jmhammond - Didn't you say he was something like 19 pounds? He's such a cutie pie! Liam has been wearing all of his 12 month shirts because none of the smaller sizes are long enough, I can't believe it!

Jazzy - Its definitely possible. Liam started to bite his hands and drool a lot just before he turned 2 months. Now he's soaking through clothing with all of that drool. Hylands teething tablets work great for him. Getting actual teeth can take a while but the teething process can start a few months ahead of time. Although my niece had two teeth by the time she was 3 1/2 months.

#386 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 01:17 AM

no rolling here. she'll be 4 mos on the 5th. ds rolled for the first time when he was 4 mos 1 week. jamison hates tummy-time so she's not on her tummy very much.

ds was a huge drooler from 2 months on. no teeth till 9 months. jamison's turning into a drooler too, but i expect she'll walk before she gets teeth (like the other 2)

dh and i were just discussing solids. i told him she'll probably get solids when she grabs them from my plate and puts them in her mouth. when she's six months i might mash some avocado to feed her, but really, i have two other kids to feed, and don't have a lot of time to "fuss" with baby food. how horrible is that?

Mama to three  
#387 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 02:29 AM

I have read everything but haven't had much time to reply. Dh has been home for the holidays so I have been really busy. Dahlia isn't rolling yet. She doesn't have any desire when laying on her back (she does roll to the side occasionally) and hates being on her tummy so just cries. She already has one canine tooth (weird I know) and is getting the other one, both on the bottom. She is drooling and chewing her fist and gritting her gums together. She is an avid thumb sucker and puts herself back to sleep at night doing it. Dahlia seems to hate me typing so I don't get to post too often.

I have been fighting depression really hard these past few weeks and it has taken hold the last couple days. I am actually looking forward to dh going back to work so I won't stay up so late and can get my normal routine back. I am so sick of feeling bad about everything I do and never feeling like I can be or do enough.

Dahlia still hates the car and it has been so cold that I am really feeling stir crazy. We are joining the YMCA so hopefully a bit of exercise and some outings will help my attitude. I am down below prepregnancy weight which is really nice. I now only have about 60 more pounds to lose! Woohoo!!

I need to go through and look at all the babies. I wish I could reply to each of your posts. I think about you all the time. I am really glad to hear that Marshall gained weight. Way to go Nikkihoi! I hope that all the sick babies are getting well. Does anyone know anything about Princess Charlie? Sunshinemama how is your mom doing? Forestrymom how are you holding up? How much does Hailey weigh? I don't understand a ftt diagnosis when babies are meeting all their milestones. There is no crime in being small.
Jessica I am so glad you joined our thread and are planning to stay. It is great to have you here.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!!!

Wendi
#388 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 AM

Here are some recent pictures of Sean:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../P10000401.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yummyfist1.jpg

This one crackes me up every time I look at it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...stmas20071.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rds/happy1.jpg

My sister got a puppy for Christmas, and this is Sean being 'introduced' to the new addition:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...eetsbella1.jpg

This is Sean right after he puked on my shoulder, then put his face in it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../seanpuke1.jpg

#389 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 AM

Jmhammond David is soooo very cute!!!

#390 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 05:46 AM

lactivist: I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. I hope things start looking up soon. That's great about joining the YMCA! And it's AWESOME that you're below prepregnancy weight! I'm so envious - I honestly still have 30 lbs to go

and how funny that Dahlia has a tooth already - and a canine tooth, at that!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page