September 2007 mammas--December thread - Page 14 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#391 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Add Sean to the list of droolers - he drools CONSTANTLY. But he doesn't seem to be in any pain, and I don't feel any bumps on his gums, so I don't know if he's teething or not. DS#1 didn't get his first tooth until 13 months, and my DD was 9 months, so I don't expect Sean to get a tooth any time soon, but we'll see.

DS:11 DD:8 DS:3 DS:13 months
#392 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 11:17 AM

I'm even adding Akane to the list o drooly 3 month olds. Poor thing's had a bad couple of days of it. Day before yesterday, ended up taking her to the pediatric urgent care because she'd been crying for an hour and a half straight with no signs of being consoled. Nothing found to be wrong w/her save for a yeast rash on her neck where the folds of her skin come together due to her being my wee little chunky monkey (13lbs 10oz by the hospital scale) and being a bit congested. Though I was amused that the doctor wigged when I told her that I was using my breastmilk to help keep the congestion down by squirting it up her nose. She started going on about risks of aspiration and how it was soooo much safer to use a saline solution, yada yada yada. So I got 'scrips for Nystatin cream and some saline solution and sent on my merry way.

Yesterday, she threw up 3x, the last being the most voluminous. (I'll put it this way...I had to get out the carpet cleaner to get the mess up.) Poor baby had this look of absolute abject misery on her face while I was getting her cleaned up. And now all her spit up is this creamy white instead of clear w/curds. Its something I'm keeping an eye on since she's got a doc appointment in 2 weeks and no fever or anything else to fret over. Though I am keeping her down to her diaper since I'm so over changing her clothes every time she spits up and I keep a burp cloth in my cargo pocket to wipe her off with. Here's hoping it gets better.
#393 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 12:16 PM

Jessica - I've been thinking about Jack and the boys and all this breastmilk that seems to be coming their way. Are they finding a way to store all of it? I was thinking that with all that BM, and frozen food which they must also be receiving, where in the world do they put it? Do they need another freezer? I have a friend who is a rep for a company that might (might!) be able to help in this regard. I haven't asked him yet, wanted to see if there was a need for it.

All these babies are adorable! The picture of Sean and the puppy is funny - because we introduced Alasdair to a puppy a completely different way ...
http://www.kgspottery.com/December_2007/29/lick.jpg
(Yes, he had a full-on Santa suit ... http://www.kgspottery.com/December_2007/29/suit.jpg)
Your introduction looks so safe and clean in comparison!

Lactivist, I'm so sorry to hear about the blues! I've had 'em - they are the Big Suck! Hoping the Y helps you. It has really helped me in the past. I hear you on never leaving the house. I have been getting out only one time per week, on Saturday mornings with DH. I never have a clue what day it is, what A and I have done that day, etc. I went to the Y last week at lunch, for yoga, while DH watched The Boy. I felt like a whole new person - two hours out of the house, alone! It was incredible. I am so wishing the same for you!

Alasdair has no interest in rolling over in any direction. This is primarily because he doesn't have the opportunity to, I'm sure. He dislikes tummy time so doesn't get much of it, and I just forget to put him on his back. If he isn't sleeping or being worn/carried, or sitting on the potty (he looooves the potty - he talks and talks and laughs the whole time he sits on it!), the remaining hour or so a day is spent playing with his toys in his bouncy while we cook. I need to work on giving him the rolling-over opportunities he needs.

Oh yes, and everyone assumes he is far older than 3.5 months, as well. He is super-tall (off the growth charts completely), and weighs about 16 pounds. Some 12-month-sized clothes are too small, but only in the torso. Part of this is our absolutely NOT trim diapering system, but yes he's also just a big boy. No real fat rolls, just a big kid!
#394 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 05:14 PM

Wow! Those are some big boys. I love the different puppy shots. Dahlia is still pretty small, maybe just 13 pounds. Seems huge after weighing under 6lbs at birth. She JUST grew out of 0-3 month clothes. I do hope the Y helps me too. Something has to give. I am just feeling so down. I was thinking this morning of how many good girlfriends I have lost over the years, for no apparent reason. I just feel like I drive women away and don't really know how it happens. Anyway it just adds insult to injury. At least today is sunny. My dh goes back to work in two days and he is furiously cleaning out the garage today. I will be glad to get some organization going on in there.

Here are some recent pics of my kiddos. I sure do love them. My big baby just turned 16 on Friday. I can't believe it! Hold those babies close the time goes by faster than you can imagine.

http://tinyurl.com/ynm2kp

Wendi
#395 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 05:43 PM

I'm lovin all the pictures...our babies are growing sooo fast

We have a dr appt later this week so I will find out how much Cian weighs then. He hasnt been to the dr since his 2 week check up. To be honest, I am debating skipping this one. He is just going for a check-up and considering the time of year, I just dont think its worth exposing him.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#396 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 07:06 PM

Wendi - Be gentle with yourself. I hope the Y becomes a good resource for you and we're here for you if you need us.

I love all the new baby pics! Hard to believe how big they're all getting : Here are some new ones I finally had a chance to upload from my camera:

Wearing part of his Christmas outfit

Even Santa uses the potty

Another just for fun

Sporting the new lana I just got

He's 17lbs now and around 27 inches so I bought a large for him, he has some growing to do but it fits him pretty well now. Also bought a disana cover but it needs one more lanolization before he can wear it.

Well I'm off to order some yummy take-out from a steak and seafood place down the street from my house :. Happy New Year's Eve, best wishes for everyone and hopes that all your wishes come true for the new year!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#397 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 07:49 PM

ellie rolled from her tummy to her back!
thats the big excitement round here

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#398 of 400 Old 12-31-2007, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaE View Post
This is Sean right after he puked on my shoulder, then put his face in it!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../seanpuke1.jpg
& eww. Aili likes to give me a great big burp and then 3 minutes later pukes all over my shoulder.

jmhammond: David has a wonderful smile. If you hadn't mentioned that he was wearing such large clothes, I would have thought that he was about the same size as Aili. She's in 3-6, but closer to 6 mo clothes.

I love the pictures of the babies meeting dogs. Aili met my former co-worker's dog on Friday. This dog is so big, it looks more like a small bear. I can't remember the breed, but he is a very gentle dog.

maylea_moon: Welcome back.

Katie: Those pics are so adorable. Wow! I can't believe he's 17 lbs. He must be solid.

Wendi: So sorry that you're battling depression. I hope that everything starts to turn around for you.

Dh went to a friend's house on Christmas night and came home with flu germs. He was very sick all day on Friday and then I got sick Saturday evening and felt ill all day yesterday. Aili decided to take a vacation from pooping on Saturday and Sunday. Boy did she make up for it this morning (5 times)! Thankfully, it appears that my flu antibodies got to her before she could get sick (there's no smiley that wipes sweat off its forehead, is there?).

I have some cute pictures of Aili, but have yet to put them online. :Time for dinner (mine) which means that Aili will be hungry soon and my food will be cold. No fair, she always gets a hot meal.
#399 of 400 Old 01-01-2008, 09:45 PM

maylea-moon

if you PM mighty-mama's screen name, her husband will most likely respond regarding the ebm. i donate weekly and i know others have sent some too, but i'm not sure of their need at this point or storage capacity. thank you for thinking of gavin!

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#400 of 400 Old 01-01-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATD_Mom View Post
Jessica - I've been thinking about Jack and the boys and all this breastmilk that seems to be coming their way. Are they finding a way to store all of it? I was thinking that with all that BM, and frozen food which they must also be receiving, where in the world do they put it? Do they need another freezer? I have a friend who is a rep for a company that might (might!) be able to help in this regard. I haven't asked him yet, wanted to see if there was a need for it.
I don't know how Jack is doing with storage. One time I went over to drop off milk unannounced and someone else had dropped some off too, so I really had to get creative in the freezer. Jack and the boys have a 1 bedroom apartment so I don't think he has a way to have another freezer though I'm sure it would be helpful. If you PM mighty-mama's screen name Jack will most likely write back. If not, let me know and I'll email him. Thanks so much for thinking of them

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page