September 2007 mammas--December thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 01:29 AM
 
lactivist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in abundance
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

Anyway, now I'm rambling. I hope the locksmith arrives before I have class. I'm so nervous....

It all sounds overwhelming. I hope you got to your class on time. I also hope that your family visit turns out to be great. I am feeling a bit lonely and isolated myself. I also feel like the novelty of a new baby is wearing off and nobody comes to see her anymore. It makes me sad. I need more adult contact for sure. I think I have talked hubby into getting us a YMCA membership so at least I can swim and exercise and get out somewhere with the kids when it is raining.
Wendi
lactivist is offline  
#62 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 04:57 AM
 
jazzybaby9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 982
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
I also feel like the novelty of a new baby is wearing off and nobody comes to see her anymore. It makes me sad.
I know what you mean.

The reality of it all is beginning to set it now...

& my aunt is about to give birth. (her EDD was Dec 3) She has no idea what's in store for her.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

jazzybaby9 is offline  
#63 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 07:32 AM
 
Plaid Leopard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 2,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi all -
hugs to all of you having a hard time.
as I said my mom is here and that is a big help but I will be sad when she leaves. Fortunately we are leaving for France a week after she leaves so I will have a couple of weeks of semi-relaxation over the holidays...

Yann has learned a nifty new trick: when I am trying to change his diaper and have just about gotten the prefold in the right place to snappi it, Y digs his heel into the bed and pushes himself up and out of the diaper. Apparently this is especially fun in the middle of the night when I am half-asleep and fumbling around anyway.

Jazzybaby9 - I was a student when my first was born and it was sooo hard. I only had 9 hours of class a week but I cried whenever I had to go. I was so tired, had leaking breasts, couldn't concentrate in class, couldn't get my homework done... I'm sure you will be able to keep it together though, even if it is all so overwhelming. Good luck with it all.

leanbh_ I hope things are going better today and that you find lots of great mamas to meet up with. You can also put up notices yourself to get a group together, and if you see a mother (or father) that looks like someone you would like to meet just go up and introduce yourself! It is awkward at first but that is how I made most of my friends here in Germany.

katie - a tired, aching, burnt out mama doesn't do anybody any good. If putting your baby in a swing every now and then helps you feel better and your baby sleep then you should not feel guilty about that.
Plaid Leopard is offline  
#64 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 10:04 AM
 
Plaid Leopard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 2,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh yeah -

Of course we want you to post here SAnguine Speed. We all went through the preganncy together and even if Oscar came a little early we still consider you part of our group.
I hope all is going well with you.

welcome Kmamma
Plaid Leopard is offline  
#65 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 01:06 PM
 
greenmagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I thought I was going to have time to post a nice, long update, but dd just dumped food all over the floor and cian is stirring over the monitor.

Things are getting soo much better. Lilah is turning back into herself...she was sleeping horribly and that wasnt helping anything. She actually started sleeping in her own room (at her request!)and things have gotten much better with her....well as good as they can considering her age: Her cold that she has been fighting since halloween is about gone too now.

Cian is turning into such a good baby His fussiness is pretty much gone and he is starting to get better about taking naps. He is still a very good night sleeper, normally having a stretch of 6-8 hours!


Here are a couple of fairly recent, but not necessarily good pics He is still rockin his mohawk although it is getting longer and starting to curl over on the ends:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2078962073/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2078961413/

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks
 
 

greenmagick is offline  
#66 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
 
*jeanine*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: In the dark
Posts: 2,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
greenmagick - cute photos i'm glad things are getting better for you.


jamison digs her heels in when i'm changing her, too. drives me nuts. takes me forever sometimes. i don't have that problem at night, though. i don't change her at night :


jazzybaby - i hope today is better

Mama to three  
*jeanine* is offline  
#67 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
 
clevernamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post
Here are a couple of fairly recent, but not necessarily good pics He is still rockin his mohawk although it is getting longer and starting to curl over on the ends:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2078962073/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2078961413/
Love the mohawk! Super cute!
clevernamehere is offline  
#68 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 PM
 
beemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: once upon a time called Right Now
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post


Here are a couple of fairly recent, but not necessarily good pics He is still rockin his mohawk although it is getting longer and starting to curl over on the ends:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2078962073/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83093393@N00/2078961413/

Awwwwww!!!
Glad things have gotten easier!
beemama is offline  
#69 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
 
forestrymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe this thread is already a December thread! I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I have been feeling a lot of guilt about the way I feel about my daughter and how difficult she has been. She is totally driving me crazy, and I know its just because she needs me more than I can provide right now. When I am trying to get Waylon to sleep she is crawling all over us, being loud, pulling at his hair. I tell her that if she is quiet I can get him to sleep then we can have time together, but she doesn't get it. Then she is proud because she woke him up, and says, "I woke him up!" as if its a good thing.

shoot...gotta run!
forestrymom is offline  
#70 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
 
jmhammond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing...

Just got through the 12 pages of November!!! So much I want to comment on, but need to finish reading these two pages first. I'm reading while pumping at work (good distraction, eh?).

Sad to be back at work, but glad babe is with DH and taking bottle of EBM very well!!

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

jmhammond is offline  
#71 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
 
ATD_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Maritimes!
Posts: 678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Phew. I have such a hard time keeping up with y'all. When you only log in once every couple weeks, there's a lot to read and take in!

I am blown away that Alasdair has been "out" for almost a quarter of a year. This just makes me want to hold him as tightly as I can, alternately pulling him away form me and staring at him for hours at a time. He is just growing too, too awful fast for me! He has begun to love putting things into his mouth (such as the strap of his Beco) - this is a BABY thing, not an infant thing! This is crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemama View Post
... I wasn't used to having other girl friends, either.. I've always had male friends. I was so thankful when I found MDC at 7 mos. This time around I am feeling SO BLESSED to have women, both here & IRL, to talk to! I've made a couple of friends and I just went to the 4th monthly meeting of LLL in the area this morning. (I am feeling socially awkward around other women now, but I'll take it... I NEED other women!)
Oh my. Me to a T. I do not know how to make friends with other women, not at all. I've always, always been friends with guys, and sometimes I meet women through them. But always the guys first. How do you become friends with a girl, anyway? Seriously. Walk up and ask for their number? I've never done it before!

I know being different is what makes the world go 'round, but I have a hard time relating to people who talk about things I'm not into. DH's friends' wives talk about decorating, shopping, and other people. I don't care for any of this talk, so I am left not talking to anyone!
ATD_Mom is offline  
#72 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
 
lactivist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in abundance
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
I can't believe this thread is already a December thread! I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I have been feeling a lot of guilt about the way I feel about my daughter and how difficult she has been. She is totally driving me crazy, and I know its just because she needs me more than I can provide right now. When I am trying to get Waylon to sleep she is crawling all over us, being loud, pulling at his hair. I tell her that if she is quiet I can get him to sleep then we can have time together, but she doesn't get it. Then she is proud because she woke him up, and says, "I woke him up!" as if its a good thing.

shoot...gotta run!
Oh how I can relate. Eavan has been an ongoing struggle since the beginning. It is an every day task to focus on his good traits and to not resent him. He wants to nurse all the time and does the same thing with waking her up and then wonders why he can't nurse. ACK! He did sleep through the night, last night, the first time since she was born. Some days I can barely take it all. I have been known to hide in the bathroom and scream and cry. : I do think he is finally starting to settle down a tiny bit but that doesn't change his personality which was super intense before Dahlia ever got here. Please know that I understand all that you are feeling. I am here if you need to talk about. You can pm me if you don't want to share publicly.
Wendi
lactivist is offline  
#73 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
 
forestrymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
Oh how I can relate. Eavan has been an ongoing struggle since the beginning. It is an every day task to focus on his good traits and to not resent him. He wants to nurse all the time and does the same thing with waking her up and then wonders why he can't nurse. ACK! He did sleep through the night, last night, the first time since she was born. Some days I can barely take it all. I have been known to hide in the bathroom and scream and cry. : I do think he is finally starting to settle down a tiny bit but that doesn't change his personality which was super intense before Dahlia ever got here. Please know that I understand all that you are feeling. I am here if you need to talk about. You can pm me if you don't want to share publicly.
Wendi

The only word I can think of that isn't derogatory is "intense". Haylee is my very intense little jewel (her middle name, ironically). Everything she does is with intensity, and while it is a somewhat endearing trait, right now it is harmful to Waylon and maddening to me. I love her, but you are right...sometimes with high needs kiddos its very difficult not to resent them. I hate it, too, that people that don't/haven't had one think it means I for some reason don't love her, which isn't the case.

And now that I am back to work, its even worse, because she gets even less of me and when I am home wants to be ON me all the time. She is in my face or on top of me. We have a rule...no touching the baby's face (because she is careless and might just poke his eyes out). So she says, "Touch Mama's face?" all the while poking at my eyes and mouth. And why is it that when he is nursing, she comes up to the rocker on the side he is nursing on and wants up on that side? I tell her, "You can come over to the other side and get up" and she has a fit that she can't get up on that side, waking him up and enraging me. Of course, I have to start the going to sleep process all over again, which usually means putting him in the carrier and bouncing up and down the hall because now he is terrified that the next time he falls asleep he will be woken by the shrieks of a 2 yo. So, not only can I not hold her and rock/read to her on my lap, but I can't pay ANY attention to her because I am trying to get this one to sleep.

I did learn a good trick--hide and seek. I can play it with him in the carrier. But I think she's on to me. Its like she knows if I am not giving her 100% devotion. In her world, multi-tasking is out of the question :rofl.

And I know this is supposed to be about the baby, but none of our problems are because of something he is doing...I mean, its about him, but it has to do with sister and mama. He is sleeping better at night...up to 6 hours one night, but most of the time more like 4, then 2, then 1.5, then 1.5. Which is pretty darn good, considering Haylee is up that often or more! He is still a catnapper during the day, which is part of the problem, because i feel like i spend so much time GETTING him to sleep.

Anyway...
forestrymom is offline  
#74 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
 
lactivist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: in abundance
Posts: 2,707
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
And I know this is supposed to be about the baby, but none of our problems are because of something he is doing...I mean, its about him, but it has to do with sister and mama. He is sleeping better at night...up to 6 hours one night, but most of the time more like 4, then 2, then 1.5, then 1.5. Which is pretty darn good, considering Haylee is up that often or more! He is still a catnapper during the day, which is part of the problem, because i feel like i spend so much time GETTING him to sleep.

Anyway...
I could have written all of this. Your whole post could have been about Eavan. Dahlia would be the easiest baby in the world if she weren't woken again and again to screaming or banging sounds. I spent the better part of the morning trying to get her to sleep just to have Eavan come in just as she was settling into a deep sleep. He starts talking and banging and then gets me frustrated and I wake her up yelling at him. : Some days I can barely take it. My mother's helper came one day and now hasn't been in touch. She was sick and then went away for Thanksgiving and I haven't heard from her since. I should have known she was too good to be true.

She is finally asleep and Eavan is actually occupied for the moment. I should be doing something productive but am so damn tired from my non stop morning. I have been going since 7am and it is now almost 1pm. I can't even sit down because Eavan will start climbing on me begging to nurse.

Apparently he doesn't even need me to sit down. He is begging to nurse anyway. I am going to go nurse him and hope Dahlia doesn't wake before I get a moment to myself. And so it goes!
Wendi
lactivist is offline  
#75 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 05:53 PM
 
greenmagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
The only word I can think of that isn't derogatory is "intense". Haylee is my very intense little jewel (her middle name, ironically). Everything she does is with intensity, and while it is a somewhat endearing trait, right now it is harmful to Waylon and maddening to me. I love her, but you are right...sometimes with high needs kiddos its very difficult not to resent them. I hate it, too, that people that don't/haven't had one think it means I for some reason don't love her, which isn't the case.

And now that I am back to work, its even worse, because she gets even less of me and when I am home wants to be ON me all the time. She is in my face or on top of me. We have a rule...no touching the baby's face (because she is careless and might just poke his eyes out). So she says, "Touch Mama's face?" all the while poking at my eyes and mouth. And why is it that when he is nursing, she comes up to the rocker on the side he is nursing on and wants up on that side? I tell her, "You can come over to the other side and get up" and she has a fit that she can't get up on that side, waking him up and enraging me. Of course, I have to start the going to sleep process all over again, which usually means putting him in the carrier and bouncing up and down the hall because now he is terrified that the next time he falls asleep he will be woken by the shrieks of a 2 yo. So, not only can I not hold her and rock/read to her on my lap, but I can't pay ANY attention to her because I am trying to get this one to sleep.

I did learn a good trick--hide and seek. I can play it with him in the carrier. But I think she's on to me. Its like she knows if I am not giving her 100% devotion. In her world, multi-tasking is out of the question :rofl.

And I know this is supposed to be about the baby, but none of our problems are because of something he is doing...I mean, its about him, but it has to do with sister and mama. He is sleeping better at night...up to 6 hours one night, but most of the time more like 4, then 2, then 1.5, then 1.5. Which is pretty darn good, considering Haylee is up that often or more! He is still a catnapper during the day, which is part of the problem, because i feel like i spend so much time GETTING him to sleep.

Anyway...


I feel your pain, I just got luck that my daughter seems to be growing out of her intensity and I got very lucky with a much calmer baby this time around. (well, since I cut out milk and ice cream anyways). Lilah likes to "help" with the baby. He sleeps in an Amby bed for part of the night and if he makes a peep while she is around, she runs over to "bounce baby" which is toddlerspeak for almost fling your brother out of the bed He now sleeps through this and most of her squeals. Another thing she does that drives me nuts is the whole wake the baby thing too Especially in the morning when he still wants to sleep, she'll lay right next to him and scream "up baby, get out" and then proceed to unswaddle him:

Hang in there mama!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks
 
 

greenmagick is offline  
#76 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 06:38 PM
 
forestrymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montana
Posts: 1,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, greenmagick, it looks like both of ours were born round the same time. Haylee's birthday is Dec. 14 and Waylon's is Sept 25!

And everyone told me that the reason Haylee never slept through anything was because we kept the house too quiet, which I denied and still do. But NO one can tell me that is the reason Waylon doesn't sleep through things...Haylee is contantly making noise and he still doesn't sleep through it. I am going to hope that if I keep it like it is he will eventually sleep through stuff.

I love it: toddlerspeak ! Haylee likes to help wipe the spitties up off Waylon's chin. This is toddler speak for "maybe i can wipe him out of my world, if I press hard enough." And he gets the saddest look on his face everytime she hurts him and admittedly most of the time she hurts him is accidental, but I can't get gentle across to her).
forestrymom is offline  
#77 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 PM
 
Webbis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sophie the Giraffe came in the mail today!! She's so cute - I want to give her to Mary now, but I have to wait until Christmas! (Yes, I know she has no clue what Christmas is, and probably will not care about Sophie either way just yet, but I want her to have SOMETHING under the tree...)

Christmas gets way more fun when you have a baby, even if she is too little to get it.
Webbis is offline  
#78 of 400 Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 PM
 
beemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: once upon a time called Right Now
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
forestrymom, lactivist & greenmagick~ we're going through this, too! Our 4yo is so "spirited" & "intense" and does not want Ru to sleep, and loves to poke at her & ask where the soft spot is on her head (WHY did dh tell her about this?. She's done so many things that have scared the crap out of us. And I hate to say this out loud, but I'm trying so hard not to have any favoritism... but it's hard.. Ruby was calmer from the get-go, she's so mild, sweet & pleasant. So, so easy-going. Lily came out screaming & continued to scream until she worked herself into a fever, then they gave her a bath to bring the temp down and she fell asleep. Ruby came out, coughed until her lungs were clear and then just looked deep into our eyes... I never even saw Lily's eyes until hours after she was born. I keep trying to get these comparisons out of my head, comparing them is not helping. I just can't help being thankful that I got a mellow baby this time, another one like her sister would've put me under ( I actually had several comments about being "brave" to have another when I announced my pg).
beemama is offline  
#79 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 03:26 AM
 
leanbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: away with the faeries
Posts: 1,447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, quick update.

things are much better! had a talk with dh, and he said, 'right, i'll bundle her up and take her out on a walk as soon as i get home!'. then of course, she slept the whole day for me. it's put me in such a better mood to just be able to chill for an hour or so.

i went and got my IUD yesterday. now, i know what it feels like to have my cervix grabbed and held. ...interesting... not too painful, just uncomfortable.

oh, and i weighed ro as it was her three month mark... 15 pounds!!! that's our chunky monkey! i'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
leanbh is offline  
#80 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
 
~Katie~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 6,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leanbh - Yeah! So glad you're doing better! Our little due date buddies have caught up to each other, I don't know how many ounces Liam is but I know he's 15lbs now too!

We got some great news yesterday, Andrew got the branch he wanted. He'll be doing military intelligence, which gives him a lot of training that he can use when he decides to get out of the Army. We'll also be going to Arizona at some point because one of his officer training schools is located there, so I'm happy about that. We don't find out our actual duty station for another month or two though. Commissioning is right around the corner, its toward the end of this month. I decided not to do his bar pinning because I didn't want Liam to have a melt down while I was up in front of everybody, nobody seems to understand that and thinks I'm being mean or whatever. Andrew was fine with it, the gold bar pinning is symbolic and I get that but just the fact that he's commissioning is what matters to me.

As for Liam, I guess I have to accept the fact that he will not sleep unless he's in the Moby, which is where he is right now. I just hope sleeping gets easier later on. He was up again at 5am this morning If he sleeps better during the day, he'll sleep better at night, right? Hopefully that will reflect on his mood.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

~Katie~ is offline  
#81 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 01:33 PM
 
sanguine_speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJJ334 View Post
As for Liam, I guess I have to accept the fact that he will not sleep unless he's in the Moby, which is where he is right now. I just hope sleeping gets easier later on. He was up again at 5am this morning If he sleeps better during the day, he'll sleep better at night, right? Hopefully that will reflect on his mood.
We're in the same boat. It's hard.

4 kids under 10
sanguine_speed is offline  
#82 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 02:57 PM
 
jmhammond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just have a minute to post. I'm finally caught up, so maybe I'll be able to post more. I don't know how you SAHMs do it, the only time I have time to be on MDC is while I'm at work pumping. I'm glad you ladies are here, it's so fun to know what's going on with all the babes!!

Cian looks like my DS with the mohawk. I hate when they lose their baby hair, but the hawk is stinking cute.

Plaid: I loved your diaper (last month). GOOD WORK!! I wish I were more crafty! ALSO, the comment about scooching the butt out of the diaper made me LOL!!

Katie: I live in AZ!! If you're in/around Phoenix, maybe I could meet you IRL! Also about AP. I think being an AP parent is more about being in tune with your kids and knowing how to meet their needs. It makes sense to me that some people don't like to touch when they're sleeping, so maybe some babes like to be left alone too. When David seems discontent, laying him on the ground on a clean diaper and taking his off for 30 minutes does wonders!! He likes to be able to move. Anyway, this is all to say, don't feel bad about the swing. Your baby likes constant motion to sleep, and finding that out and meeting that need does NOT make you a bad parent. Also, someone back somewhere said something about slings being "invented" out of necessity. We need to be able to pee!!! I hope you don't feel like a failure b/c you're meeting a need in a way you didn't think you would. I think it makes you a very intuative AP parent.

s to those having tough times. Infancy is VERY short (in hindsight), this too SHALL pass!! The better you learn your LO and yourself, the easier things become, and that takes time.

David is wonderful. Gorgeous and FAT (I think around 19 pounds @ 10.5 weeks, I'm not kidding, 6-9 month clothes). I love him more every day. I'm still totally blessed when I think about his homebirth. DH made a great video and edited it with music, etc. If I can figure out how, I'll put it up. HE coos and sings all the time, belly laughs (which sometimes gets him to start crying, I think he scares himself), and is taking EBM like a champ from DH, an answered prayer after DS1 who REFUSED the bottle and reverse cycled (up all night long to feed until 14 months...).

I have more, but have to get back to work. Blessings to you ladies in this holiday season!! I'm asking for a hands-free pumping kit!

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

jmhammond is offline  
#83 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 04:30 PM
 
Azik's mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 173
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all:

I just saw this thread. I had my little man on Sept 30th he is growing so big.

Poop: he goes about three to four times a week

Thumb vs pacifier: I would prefer if he sucks his hand but he that doesnt seem to satisfy him as yet. He takes the pacifier sometimes but I dont think its his favorite thing.

Evenings: He gets fussy late evenings and wants to breast feed all the time especially between 10pm and 2 am. He naps well during the day maybe too well.
Azik's mom is offline  
#84 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 07:30 PM
 
lula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: currently you mean?
Posts: 1,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello!

I have been reading all of the posts but never seem to have it together to post!

It is wonderful to read about everyone because around here it is cold, snowy, and I am feeling like I am the only person for miles!
lula is offline  
#85 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 08:05 PM
 
SweetTexasgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else noticing growth spurts? I swear Lucy must be in the midst of a growth spurt. For the last 3 days she has slept...and ate and slept and ate. She has napped more in the last 3 days then the last 3 weeks.

She is finally "enjoying" being in her pouch/sling. I was able to grocery shop this morning with her in the sling. It was fun to have people walk up to me and want to peek in at her. She was very happy to accommodate them with a big gummy smile.

Has anyone had a breakthrough with helping their LO like the car (if they don't). Lucy detests the car and will scream at the top of her lungs in the evening on our way home. In the morning she will tolerate the ride. We are trying the convertable carseat to see if that works any better. I am afraid the next step would be a portable DVD player 'cause I just can't stand to hear her scream....I sing to her and talk to her and it does no good.

More later..

Michelle Mama to Lucy 9/07
"Seek the wisdom of the ages but, look at the world through the eyes of a child" Ron Wild
SweetTexasgal is offline  
#86 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 08:28 PM
 
beemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: once upon a time called Right Now
Posts: 2,289
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ATD_Mom~Your post cracked me up.

I feel really guilty for saying I was favoring my baby over my 4yo... I do love both of my girls! It's so much easier to take care of my little baby, but Lily's fire is so important to our family, she really shakes things up. She's wearing me out, but only because she's 100% clean burning energy & there isn't enough coffee in the world to keep up with her.

Here's a slideshow of Lily's favorite pics, posed ones holding her little sister. (Does Ruby look terrified in these, or what?)

And there's one of me & Ru, too... yeeesh, is anyone else aging more rapidly now that you've got 2 littles? Lily has started talking an awful lot about my wrinkles these days.

Welcome Azik's Mom!!

Good to see Sanguine Speed, too!

Hey, why did we all stop posting on our DDC? I think that's why there are pages & pages to catch up w/all of the time, we don't have all of the individual threads anymore.
beemama is offline  
#87 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 PM
 
~Katie~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 6,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine_speed View Post
We're in the same boat. It's hard.
I'm sorry you're going through it at well. I don't know what else I can do to help him, its really draining. I'm glad to see you posting again!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

~Katie~ is offline  
#88 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
 
~Katie~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 6,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhammond View Post
Katie: I live in AZ!! If you're in/around Phoenix, maybe I could meet you IRL! Also about AP. I think being an AP parent is more about being in tune with your kids and knowing how to meet their needs. It makes sense to me that some people don't like to touch when they're sleeping, so maybe some babes like to be left alone too. When David seems discontent, laying him on the ground on a clean diaper and taking his off for 30 minutes does wonders!! He likes to be able to move. Anyway, this is all to say, don't feel bad about the swing. Your baby likes constant motion to sleep, and finding that out and meeting that need does NOT make you a bad parent. Also, someone back somewhere said something about slings being "invented" out of necessity. We need to be able to pee!!! I hope you don't feel like a failure b/c you're meeting a need in a way you didn't think you would. I think it makes you a very intuative AP parent.
We'll be at Fort Huachuca in the Sierra Vista area, I'm not sure how many hours that is from Phoenix, but by then our babes should be old enough to meet up and do something fun there

When Liam is tired, it doesn't seem like anything will help him, he's been in a constant state of sleep deprivation for a while. He's caught onto the swing and hates it now . He took a 2 1/2 hour nap in the moby this morning, but wouldn't nap after that. This getting up at 5am is killing Andrew and I, he never used to do it so I don't get it. He used to wake up once at 5am to nurse, then go back to sleep until 8:30. Now he's stirring at 3am and complaining until we give up on soothing him and get up.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

~Katie~ is offline  
#89 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
 
~Katie~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 6,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Azik's mom!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

~Katie~ is offline  
#90 of 400 Old 12-06-2007, 10:09 PM
 
~Katie~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 6,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay this video of Liam was too cute not to post, Liam and Andrew are playing peek-a-boo, his new favorite game to play with him:

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=HPIM0663.flv

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

~Katie~ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off