September 2007 mammas--December thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 400 Old 12-10-2007, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nursing my baby puppy ( Not what you think)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...j34/Puppy1.jpg

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#122 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 01:03 AM

We had our 2 month appointment a little bit late. At 10 weeks, Waylon weighted 12lbs 12oz. I can't for the life of me remember how long he was . Shame on me. Haylee STILL isn't growing, and this time the pediatrician told us we need to cut out fruits and veggies and replace them with more calorie-dense foods . I don't know why I even go. Developmentally she is way ahead, but the poor little thing is so far below the charts! Of course, it always makes me feel guilty for writing the things I have written about her. She is just so challenging to me.

I also had a followup for the mirena, and the midwife and I are both on the watch bigtime for PPD. I am so irritable and anxious and sad, all the time. This is how it started with Haylee too, around the same time. I am positive its a result of the hormones from the mirena, and looking back, it happened last time right around the time I started on the pill. I just don't know what the heck else to do about birthcontrol, if hormones are out of the question.

I also have hesitated to say anything about Waylon's sleep, because I didn't want to jinx myself, but he has been sleeping for a 4+ hour stretch on a regular basis. We have even had one 8 hour stretch the other night. He then wakes up between 2 and 4 more times before he is up for the day. I don't know what to do about naps, because he is such a dozer--20-30 minutes is all we get most days, but then every 4th or 5th day he will binge on sleep and sleep all afternoon, waking a couple times to nurse. I feel sometimes like I spend all day getting him to sleep. I am really excited about the nighttimes though, because Haylee literally has only ever slept longer than 5 hours a few times in her entire life!

I am back to work parttime now, but I really need to never go back fulltime. I just can't do it, and I dread going at all. The days I do work are hell. I keep Waylon with me, but Haylee is so cranky after a day at the sitter. Her tantrums really seem to upset Waylon and then he's fussy. I don't know if he senses her tension or mine, but the poor little thing is very sensitive to other's moods.

I love all the pictures!
#123 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 04:15 AM

forestrymom - Why don't you try the non-hormonal IUD?

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#124 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post
forestrymom - Why don't you try the non-hormonal IUD?
NAK--I have horrible periods already, and the paraguard is known to make them worse .
#125 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 02:25 PM

Well I caught up but the second I type Dahlia fusses. I will try to post an update later when she is sleeping. It has been a huge roller coaster ride here. Up and down, up and down! WHEEEEE!!!
Wendi
#126 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrymom View Post
NAK--I have horrible periods already, and the paraguard is known to make them worse .
i thought it made them worse just in the beginning, and if you don't expect to start cycling soon you'll miss that part. anybody know anything about that, for sure?

Mama to three  
#127 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Xoe

Oh wow, forestrymom....my DD1 is just 15 days younger than your DD1. My DD 1 also has growth issues. Unless you are totally against using non-organic, man-made food stuffs, you might want to consider the 350 cal Ensure or Equate Drinks. They are lactose free, and two a day has helped DD1 maintain decent growth-- even though she's probably still in the 3rd - 5th percentile. At least she's no longer well in the negative percentiles. She was well under zero for the longest-- which is failure to thrive.

xoe
#128 of 400 Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM

forestrymom have the Mirena and it's not given me any problems. I know of several people IRL that have it too, and none of them have had PPD. The amount of hormones it secretes is very small so hopefully you'll be good.

To all of you who are behind, I feel ya! I can't seem to keep up on this thread, or anything else for that matter.

And if you need any comic relief, see my thread in Toddlers about what happens when you nurse one and don't watch the other!!!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=808444
#129 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Good morning!
I'm so tired these days. I keep trying to go to bed early but for some reason I can't. Yann is sleeping pretty well, but last night at 3am he needed to nurse, and a diaper change, then my other DS woke up screaming and came into bed with us, then Yann deciedd that playing with his hands was much better than sleeping. I guess that is pretty interesting to him. He has just discovered that he has individual fingers. He used to just hold up a fist in front of his face and stare at that for a while, but now he opens his hands and touches his fingers together, holds the fingers of one hand in the other, wiggles them around. Very cute.

The landlords are coming over tonight and I have got to get the house looking like a mere windstorm went through instead of a tornado.

I made a couple of recycled wool soakers and some longies yessterday. We'll see how they work. I'm also eagerly awaiting a pair of crocheted wool longies that another MDC mama made for Yann in exchange for some German onesies that I sent her.

Next week we are heading to France and Yann will have to be in sposies for a couple of weeks. We don't have room in our luggage for a bunch of cloth as we are taking the train- and the clothes for 4 kids, 2 adults, plus the infant car seat will be hard enough to manage without stacks of prefolds.) We have to change train stations once we arrive in Paris, which means taking the metro - and if any of you have been to the Gare de l'Est in Paris you will know what a nigtmare scenario taking the metro from there is. Of course Yann will be in the wrap, but keeping track of the other three through the long, crowded corridors and making sure we all manage to squeeze onto the jam-packed lunch hour metro car before the doors slam shut is not fun. At least now my dd is old enough to know that we do not lick the windows in the metro...
#130 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 05:50 PM

this was posted over in TAO on mighty-mama's update thread..

http://www.caringbridge.org/cb/viewJ...od=executeInit
So many prayers going out to her family. I don't know what everyone thinks about "Law of Attraction", but lets all picture in our minds the "miracle" thread that mighty-mama, herself, will be writing.
#131 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 05:57 PM

I am constantly picturing healing light flowing through mighty's body, and I envision her healthy and strong and laughing with her boys.
Miracles can happen. Let's hope for one for her.
#132 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 PM

PL - I know exactly what you mean about traveling by train with little ones - though I did it with two little ones and my mom (which can seem like a third lo when she is surrounded by a foreign language )

I feel so deeply for Mighty-Mama, her husband and her boys. I think of her everyday. I am now going to start writing her miracle story in my head. I can't wait until she writes it herself. :

I was at a friends for lunch today and Linus did the best thing. He was sitting on my lap taking in the commotion of the seven other kiddos. I turned him around so I could talk to him and he gave me the biggest grin with such a look of happiness and surprise to see me there. (Then the other mom sad she thought he was poopy and I said, "I don't think so he pooped over the weekend, he isn't due for another until Christmas."

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#133 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM

:

Praying for her and her family, sending them strength and courage to overcome this. So much love for all of them.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#134 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

beemama, I don't know if its just me, but the link won't open correctly.

Plaid: I almost wish that my landlord had to come over, then I'd be forced to straighten up.

As I mentioned earlier, Aili's baptism was on Sunday. Here's some pics. I'm annoyed with how much space my body is taking up these days and having photos taken doesn't help matters.

All of us with my parents
Aili and alone again
with dh
nudie
nude thumb sucker
#135 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 PM

I keep thinking of mighty mama and her beautiful boys. I too am envisioning a miraculous recovery and her miracle thread. It is going to be a happy day when that is posted.

Another of my online friends just found her baby died at 20 weeks for unknown reasons. I am just so sad today. I have checked on Dahlia a million times this afternoon as she is taking a long nap. I keep holding her close and kissing her and grabbing my boys and loving on them. I am just so sad.

I am grateful for all I have, eternally grateful for so much.

This dark time of the year is so intense and deep and painful. I yearn for the light to return. I will celebrate its return with an extra oomph this year.

Wendi
#136 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:07 PM

I know I haven't posted here much, but I need to vent or I'll go insane.

The reason I haven't posted much is because ds has been incredibly sick for the last month at least, giving me no time to myself or anything else. He was diagnosed three weeks ago with what they thought was a kidney infection. He was having seizure symptoms, repeated motor movements, and lost all of his muscle control. We were back to newborn status. I took him to the ER and they sent me home because he didn't have a fever. I turned right around the next day and took him to his ped, who I love dearly and listened to me. We were arranging for a neurological workup when ecoli showed up in his urine culture. After an antibiotic shot, he spiked a 104 fever all night, and his fever didn't go down to relatively normal until several days and several rounds of antibiotics later.

A week after the ped visit, he was back to no coordination, not holding his head up, and crying constantly. So I took him to the children's hospital's ER. They gave me a 10 minute lecture on how to take his temperature rectally, because it was the most accurate, and dismissed most of what I had to say. Finally, someone decided to do a spinal tap and found out he had meningitis. Needless to say, I was livid.

So then we were admitted. After being admitted, we endured a week of two teams of doctors fighting over whether his meningitis was partially treated bacterial or viral because nothing would culture after the massive antibiotics he was on the week previous. They did 3 IVs in 3 days, and when the 3rd one collapsed, I threw a huge fit because I was tired of them hurting him because the doctors kept cancelling each other's orders for central lines to be put in. So they made the decision to take him off antibiotics and watch him for 48 hours because one team was "pretty sure" it was viral, even though they never found a darn thing in the viral culture either.

After realizing that he was going to get sick with something else while they used him as a pin cushion and a guinea pig, I asked for him to be released. I can take his temperature just as well as anyone else, and work with him physically to regain the ground he's lost.

So today, we've been home for three days, and he's running a temperature again. Nothing by book definition as a fever, but it never was higher than 100.0 even when he was violently ill. He's cranky, and throwing up a lot.

I DO NOT want to go back to the hospital, and I'm losing my flipping mind. Thank you if you read through all of this.
#137 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

I found the update on mighty-mama's thread. Oh my I'm with everyone else still hoping and praying for a miracle and also for her husband and sons to be surrounded by love.

emo: Its so hard when you don't know what to do to help your little one, not knowing what's wrong. I hope that everything gets figured out with him so that you can relax together and enjoy life.
#138 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 PM

Emo - I'm so sorry to hear DS isn't well, follow your heart and do what you think is necessary for him

#139 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:46 PM

Emo ~ maybe another hospital? I would keep following your heart as it obviously has the answers. Sending lots of love your way. I hope he recovers quickly.
Wendi
#140 of 400 Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 PM

emo. I hope you find your answers. I see you are in Indy. Which hospital were you at? Have you talked to your regular ped? Are you going through this alone?

Sabo - those are great photos. The gown is so pretty and you look marvelous. Don't expect even more of a body that just grew a person and is still sustaining two lives, just revel in your womanhood and the awesome super powers you have.

#141 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 02:00 AM

i posted this on Jess' thread but thought i'd post here too -- on monday (17 december) at 5 pm your local time please light a candle and send good thoughts/prayers to Jess and her family.
i'm sitting here nursing ellie knowing that gavin is only a week older and i'm just so, so sad for her and her sweet boys.

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#142 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone have a link to Jess' thread?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#143 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 AM

#144 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 03:40 AM

I'm so sad for Mighty-Mama and her family... I just can't even fathom the thought of having to leave my babies... oh, it just hurts my heart so much.

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#145 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks... I found the updates. My heart breaks for her.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#146 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM

I can't imagine the pain. I hope her boys have her strength.

#147 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 01:51 PM

I think about Jess all the time too, especially when nursing Cian

It is just sooo sad

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#148 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Mamas, thank you for for the support. As I've had time to read through the posts, my heart goes out to mightymama and her family.

mommajb
: we were at st. vincent children's hospital the second time. the first ER visit was to witham, where my ped is. she looked him over pretty good yesterday and told me that she's worried that his immune system is fragile, which means no holiday visits or outings for us. as for going it alone, it's what i feel like some days, but i know it's not true because i have a wonderfully amazing support system of family and friends.
#149 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 04:01 PM

I hope he's doing better today emo, hang in there. We're here for you!

#150 of 400 Old 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Emo, hope you are able to find some answers, and that your LO starts improving soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page