September 2007 mammas--December thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 01:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cannot even begin to imagine what her family is going through right now. I'm praying that her journey be peaceful and that she knows how much she is loved and cherished by everyone. I'm lighting a candle for you dear friend.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 02:02 AM

My heart is very heavy right now with the news of Jess...

Wishing her a very gentle and peaceful journey...

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#243 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 02:57 AM

Thanks Katie and lactivist for the suggestions. I did start eating oatmeal yesterday: My DH eats it every morning so no special trips to the store for that one. I do drink Mother's Milk tea but I've been a slacker but I'm back on it as well as Motherlove's More Milk Plus. Hopefully things will pick up in the next couple of days. We just have so much going on starting this weekend with family coming into town, Uhg!
I'm not familiar with domperidone except that you can't get it in the states, right?

Thanks again ladies

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#244 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:04 AM

Sending peace to Jess.
May the Goddess cradle you gently and as peacefully as possible

SAHM and loving it with DH, DS (8/4/2007) and DS (10/10/2010)
#245 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Sending so much love to Jess, her husband, her two precious little boys. May God provide her with relief from pain and the knowledge that her family will be ok. May He hold her in His hands and surround her family with love and comfort. And while she won't be here to see Noah and Gavin grow, I pray that they will always feel her love.
#246 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:54 AM

:

I am speechless, and so emotional. Peace to you and your family, Jess

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#247 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 05:44 AM

what a strong, beautiful woman. i cannot even begin to imagine. she has the strength of a thousand. i will be lighting a candle and praying tonight. jess, my heart is with you and your family.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#248 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 PM

Hi everyone...my name is Jessica and I am an extremely close friend of Mighty-Mama. As many of you know, it is truly an hour-by-hour situation with her right now. We are all just praying that her pain is managed and that she goes peacefully. This is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was talking with her husband last night and let me just say, she is one of the luckiest women in the world to have known such real and true love from someone that is so devoted.

In any event, I have not heard any more news this morning. More than likely she will not live to see Gavin's first Christmas. This whole situation is just devastating. I hope you don't mind me intruding on your thread. I feel like I'm going through withdrawal from not being able to really be around/talk to my friend in such a long time. Her pain medication has made her really tired and distant this past month so it feels like an eternity. Jess and I are really close and I am donating breastmilk for her baby, so even though my baby was born in July, Jess and I were pregnant at the same time and shared so much of that experience. I feel like Gavin will always have a piece of my heart as he has so much of my milk . I am going to drop off more at lunchtime today (about an hour and a half from now) and will give you all an update when I return.

Thank you all for all of your prayers and for posting on her webpage. I know it means the world not only to Jess, but also to Jack and her boys.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#249 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 01:51 PM

welcome, mama.
we're glad to have you here. please let Jess, Jack, Noah and Gavin know that we are thinking of them and sending love.
:

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#250 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM

Jessica you are absolutely not invading our thread. We all miss her posting so much. I have been crying so much for her boys. I hope you will stay on our thread. Thanks for keeping us updated. I am sure they are the hardest posts to write. I am so terribly sad for all of you. I am so glad to hear that the boys have someone like you around. This is all just way too much to take. I look at my two little ones that are the same age as her boys and it just breaks my heart. She made a huge impact on me in the short time I knew her online. I am sure in person she is just so much more. I am so sorry you are having to go through this pain.
Wendi
#251 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 02:52 PM

Thank you as well Jessica for the update and I am so terrible sorry for your pain.

I am constantly thinking about Jess and her boys.... my heart aches for them.

Jess ~ You are the strongest Mama I have ever known! You have touched so many many many lives! I am sending you and your family love and light. May your journey be peaceful. I will never stop thinking of you and your family and will always send them love and light. Your baby was born the day before mine...... I will always keep you and your family in my heart.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#252 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Welcome Jessica, Mighty is very lucky to have a friend like you to be with her and her family. I am glad that she is surrounded by people who are so loving.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#253 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Hi everyone...I just stopped by Jess' apartment to drop off more breastmilk for Gavin. She is in a hospital bed in the livingroom and is in and out of consciousness for a lack of better description. She is having tremors constantly and her whole body involuntarily shakes. Her mom and dad are there with her and the boys today, though her husband is at work which I can't figure out. They are really in a tight financial situation and I imagine he doesn't have very many vacation days. Gavin was swinging away in the baby swing. He is such a good baby and soooo big. He is the tallest 3 1/2 month old I've ever seen - only about 1/2 an inch shorter than my guy and he's 2 months older! I made silly faces at him and touched his cheek. I thanked him for being such a good boy - he truly is an angel baby. Noah was running around the house and having a bit of a fit over wanting more milk, but his grandma wanted him to eat something. Apparently he's not been eating very well. At only 2 1/2 years old it is amazing that this is not affecting him more. I went over to Jess, at her father's request because I didn't want to bother her, and gently touched her arm. I told her I loved her and that everything would be ok. I'm not a big believer in saying goodbye because I just can't think that this life is all we get. I know I'll see her again.

The family is so grateful for everyone's kind thoughts and supportive prayers. If her husband says thank you one more time I might just smack him LOL. I just ask you all in your prayers today to pray for mercy. I can't wrap my head around why she is lingering and suffering so much. It sounds bad, but I look forward to the text message I'll get from her husband once she's gone because I know she'll be at peace and she'll be with her sister, Amy, whom she misses so unbelievably badly. The woman we all knew and loved is not here anymore. The medication and disease have taken her away and all that is left is a pain-ridden and suffering body - a shadow of the bright, vivacious, and sincere person that Jess was. Please pray for God's mercy, for peace, and for an end to all this suffering.

Love to all of you today and all of your babies. I wanted so badly to scoop up Gavin and Noah and just hug them until my arms fell off. These little boys will never know what a wonderful woman their mother truly was. She is an angel on earth just waiting for her wings.

Jessica - I my guys!! DH Marty (4-22-06) DS Marty (7-2-07) DS Anderson (4-12-10)
Mighty-Mama
#254 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 PM

My prayer this morning was that if she isn't going to recover fully then to let her go quickly. It is all just too much. I will hold and kiss my babies so tightly today and every day from here on out. We just don't know how much time we have and we have to make the most of it. I too believe that this is just a phase and that Jessica will fly freely into the next world, shining her brightness there. I know she will be watching over her boys every day and they couldn't be blessed with a better or stronger mother. May the Goddess hold her in her arms and comfort her and take away all her pain!
Wendi
#255 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Lactivist ~ Beautiful words!

Thank you Jessica so much for updating us. What an amazing friend you are to her and her family.

I am praying with everything that I have for her suffering to end.

Rachel femalesling.GIF, WAHM, Mom to guitar.gif DS (MAY/05), hearts.gifDD (AUG/07), and superhero.gif DS (JAN/10),  bfinfant.gif DD (JUL/12) Wife to the love of my life partners.gif(MAY/02),

#256 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The tragedies in these last months make me treasure my boys and my ability to be here with them ever more highly. So hard to imagine going through what Jess and her family are, or what Candy (on my Oct DDC) has.

Praying Jess, her family, and friends will be surrounded with peace and comfort.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#257 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM

i hope you find peace soon

much love to papa and the boys

Mama to three  
#258 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 05:24 PM

anyone know how princess charlie is?

Mama to three  
#259 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb422 View Post
Hi everyone...my name is Jessica and I am an extremely close friend of Mighty-Mama. As many of you know, it is truly an hour-by-hour situation with her right now. We are all just praying that her pain is managed and that she goes peacefully. This is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I was talking with her husband last night and let me just say, she is one of the luckiest women in the world to have known such real and true love from someone that is so devoted.

In any event, I have not heard any more news this morning. More than likely she will not live to see Gavin's first Christmas. This whole situation is just devastating. I hope you don't mind me intruding on your thread. I feel like I'm going through withdrawal from not being able to really be around/talk to my friend in such a long time. Her pain medication has made her really tired and distant this past month so it feels like an eternity. Jess and I are really close and I am donating breastmilk for her baby, so even though my baby was born in July, Jess and I were pregnant at the same time and shared so much of that experience. I feel like Gavin will always have a piece of my heart as he has so much of my milk . I am going to drop off more at lunchtime today (about an hour and a half from now) and will give you all an update when I return.

Thank you all for all of your prayers and for posting on her webpage. I know it means the world not only to Jess, but also to Jack and her boys.
Thank you so much for posting. I think about her daily, and every time I hold my daughter I am reminded of her little one.

My thoughts are with you, along with Jess, her family and her friends.

Dawn, mama to D (3.06) & N (9.07) C (11.09) & Still-in-shock surprise due in Aug!
#260 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 06:32 PM

:

This hits so close to home. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I hope she has peace soon.

You don’t owe them an explanation, just a response.
#261 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 06:39 PM

'm just sitting here crying after hearing the news about Jessica. I have no idea what to say other than she is in my thoughts continuously and that she has touched my heart and I know the hearts of many others. I'm just so sad that those boys are going to lose their mother. It just seems so horribly cruel and unfair.
#262 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks for the updates

DS:15 DD:12 DS:7 DS:5
Surrogate baby born: 9/17/12
Surrogate baby due: 12/14/14
#263 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 07:59 PM

: May your suffering end Jess:

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

#264 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM

::
Jess, I am so sorry you have to leave your little ones. I know that you wanted so badly to be with them. You lit up the Sept DDC with your daily posts.
May you finally find peace..........may your family find peace.......and may you be in your sister's embrace again. Your light will shine on your family.

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#265 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 08:15 PM

don't know what to say. I can't believe how quickly this has gone for Jess...it seems like just yesterday Gavin was born.

I am so sorry for thier loss. Thanks for the updates Jessica, I will continue to pray for them.

Jodi -full time working wife to a SAH Papa; mama to my boys Breck (12/04), David (09/07), and Elliot (01/10); always remembering our loss, Jordyn Justine (09/06)

#266 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 09:23 PM

It's just tearing me up. I can't stop crying. I am so sad for her and for her boys and her husband and everyone. It is all too fast and too unfair. It just hurts too much.
Wendi
#267 of 400 Old 12-20-2007, 09:50 PM

I just keep going back and forth between her threads, hoping for and fearing an update. :::

#268 of 400 Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 AM

I'm at a loss for words

wishing Jess peace

Prayers, peace & comfort to her family.
#269 of 400 Old 12-21-2007, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is all so sad. I just lost a friend (40 years old) to breast cancer. Her boys are 7 and 4. I cannot imagine the heartbreak for families touched by this terrible, ruthless disease

: for mighty-mama and her family.

: :

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#270 of 400 Old 12-21-2007, 01:36 AM

nikkihoi, Keep up all your awesome efforts momma! It can be so frustrating to have breastfeeding difficulties but you know that you are working at it.

I am also wondering about princess Charlie...

I have never tried ec so it is interesting to hear more about it. I considered it this time around but decided I had zero tolerances for misses due to my older bedwetter and a 2 yo that controls her own toilet learning. (as they all should but she really doesn't do it my way ) We do use the baby bjorn little potty as a porta-potty and think it is cute.

here is the latest photo of Linus

Sending comfort as best I can to Mighty-Mama and her loved ones.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page