Baby Wrap carrier (as seen in mothering) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-13-2003, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried one of these: http://www.babywrapinc.com

This is always advertised in Mothering. I wonder about compression of breast tissue being a problem and would love to hear any stories from moms who've used one.

It really looks good.

I'm very interested in an alternate form of back carrying for my ds (8 mos, about 28" and 20+ lbs.) I've got a Tough Traveler backpack, but it's really kind of bulky for using in the house.

I adore my Maya Wrap, but wearing him on my back in it, would be tough on my shoulders (disk trouble.)

TIA
#2 of 6 Old 08-13-2003, 11:59 AM

I wanted one of those so badly, but was never able to get any positive feedback from anyone who had tried it. Based on the feedback I have gotten it would be better to get a podegi http://store.yahoo.com/peppermintcom...y-carrier.html
for back carry purposes.
#3 of 6 Old 08-14-2003, 12:42 AM

Bluedotsmom,
I'm looking for exactly the same thing for my 9 month old ds. I was also checking out that baby wrap.

I heard the podegi works best for Mamas who are on the busty side. Apparently, thin women and men often have a hard time with the podegi. (see www.peppermint.com) As a 32B (and that's my nursing size!) I didn't think it would work for me. I wonder if people have the same problem with the baby wrap.

How easy is it to put on the Maya wrap in the back carry position by yourself? Do you feel your baby is secure enough?
#4 of 6 Old 08-14-2003, 12:38 PM

what about a Sutemi Pack http://www.sutemigear.com/ or a Packababy http://www.packababy.com/packababy.html? both seem to be based on a Mei Tai carrier but with modifications to make it more shoulder/back friendly. Better yet i have heard lots of Raves about both carriers. both are made by super nice wahms.
#5 of 6 Old 08-14-2003, 12:38 PM

Sorry DS double posted for me
#6 of 6 Old 08-14-2003, 12:46 PM

I had one for a short while, but quickly sold it. I just didn't like it---ds didn't feel secure in it to me and it also strained my upper back. Incidentally, I had the same problem with the podegi (loaned to me by a Korean friend). I just don't like carriers without shoulder straps; they're all very painful to me.
The Ergo, though, is fantasterrific!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page