Any other babies 9+ months not on solids yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-13-2003, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My daughter is 9 months and still shows zero interest in solids. I've tried but she clamps her mouth shut and turns away or if do get some in her mouth she gags horribly. So we are not going to worry about. I personally anticipate that she will not start solids until over a year of age. Any other babies out there do this? Do I need to worry at all?

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2003, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
None of my babies started solids before a year. They all started showing interest in foods between 14-16 months. My youngest is 14 mos and only has 2-3 tastes a day. I don't mind, it is easier to bf. My kids have all been chunky monkeys with good iron levels ( I had them tested for my own peace of mind. None of my babies has ever cried during the toe poke.)

Follow your babies lead. I feel that they are a lot more in tune with their bodies.

Best wishes!
Sarah
Old 08-13-2003, 10:43 PM

Ds showed the slightest interest at about 8.5 months, but really wasn't eating solids much at all until about a year.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:31 AM

My 9 month old ds will take a few bites at each mealtime but that's it. He probably has a total of 3 tablespoons of solid food each day, and some days he isn't interested at all. We've tried lots of different tastes and textures but I guess he just isn't ready yet. He is active and healthy at 19 lbs so I'm not worried.

User Tag List