AF back already... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-14-2003, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't believe it - he's only 12 weeks old . With dd it was about 15 months & I had to get some Chinese herbs to get it going (I was having other physical effects).
I guess that's the price I pay for him only nursing for 5-10 minutes at a time instead of for hours on end & sleeping 5-8 hour stretches most nights : .

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2003, 05:12 AM

bummer
Old 08-14-2003, 10:11 AM

I feel your pain But I had a marathon nurser - literally at my breast at least 16 out of 24 hours and AF showed at 11 weeks - I was not a happy camper
My first cycle was a long one so maybe you'll get a little break.

Keri

Keri wife and Mama to  Cory 17,  Brendan 15,  Kerianne 8,  Avery 7,  Lilia 3
Old 08-15-2003, 03:37 AM

Yeah...sigh...before I delivered, I read all the stories about AF coming back like 2 years after the delivery...
Mine was back at 12 weeks...
It was the night when my dh and I went out on a date, got all romantic, came back home and.....nah-ha! No sugar!
But then I didn't get the next one until about three months after.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I seem to be getting a break already - it only lasted one day . Hope it doesn't come back for a while!

Helen wash.gif Homeschooling Mama to Nicola photosmile2.gif 07/00 , Daniel kewl.gif 05/03 & cat.gifX2...and hug.gif with Barry caffix.gif since 08/87
Old 08-15-2003, 02:28 PM

I'm going through what seems like a period right now, at 7.5 weeks, after lochia had faded and stopped...but I remember thinking I had my period with my first baby around this time, and then it didn't return until 9 months.

I was just reading a book about understanding your fertility last night, and in the chapter about breastfeeding, it mentioned the usual stuff about regular nursing, and night-feedings keeping off ovulation...but then also said that women who are better nourished and carry more weight, get their cycles back earlier, while underweight and more poorly nourished mamas don't. So if you do get your period while nursing round the clock, at least you can take pride in your strong, healthy body feeling it could handle yet another pregnancy.

User Tag List