Gentle suggestions for pooping! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-14-2003, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!
We have a problem My 5 month bf dd swallowed an earring on Sunday, 1/4" ball with a post. We had an xray taken Mon morn and it was in her small intestines. My dh was so upset about the xray, he didn't want one taken. She normals poops every 2 days, well she pooped on Mon am before the xray and was 'due' on Wed, no poop. I have been getting daily(actually more like hourly) poop calls from my sis(the guilty earring wearer).

We want to gently encourage her to poop so we don't have to get another xray. We have tried bathes and exercising her legs, but thats all I know. I know nature will take it course, but she is spitting up more than usual today and we feel we must do something! Her Dr is not worried yet and I have been calling them and giving her daily poop reports

Any suggestions?
#2 of 9 Old 08-14-2003, 06:26 PM

Some mamas have luck with 'rectal stimulation' which usually means lubing up a thermometer and sticking it in a tiny bit like you'd be taking her temperature.

Hope your sister doesn't want her earring back! Good luck.
#3 of 9 Old 08-14-2003, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

lol, my sister is a lesbian and she does want her earring back! She going to save it for when Maegan's older for a story, lol. Luckily she's nurse and can clean it all up! She is here now with her partner waiting for the big explosion! We don't want to do retal stimulation this time, just in case we touch the earring, considering it has a post. But we are now trying 1 oz of water with a little kyro syrup, she drinks from a sippy cup well.

And we did another warm bathe.........
#4 of 9 Old 08-14-2003, 09:44 PM

I don't usually give DS juice,but when he's constipated we've tried some pear juice in his sippy. Good luck!
#5 of 9 Old 08-14-2003, 10:04 PM

if you take vitamin c to bowel tolerance it will also make her poop.
olive oil and flax oil will go through your milk and helps to poop
hth
hope it passes quickly (sorry for the pun LOL )
#6 of 9 Old 08-15-2003, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

no poop yet
She seems fine, thou from last night she had 3 big spit ups.
As of 6pm yesterday her dr wasn't worried, and I'm ok, but everyone else is worried!
#7 of 9 Old 08-16-2003, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

She pooped! She did a small one last night, no earring. But earlier today, wham, she filled her dipe! The best thing was she was playing and crawling around on the floor for an hour and I went to check her dipe(we cloth dipe) and I noticed it was leaking, so she didn't fuss, it didn't hurt, but man was it bigger than we thought and the post!
Thanks for all your support!
#8 of 9 Old 08-17-2003, 08:57 AM

Glad the earring was passed with no harm to babe. But what is this?

Quote:
Originally posted by Staceyhsmom1
lol, my sister is a lesbian and she does want her earring back!
Are lesbians more attached to their earrings than straight women? Hmm, I did not know that.
#9 of 9 Old 08-18-2003, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

lol. my sister was very tramatized by the whole insident. She is a nurse and couldn't sleep until I had an exray done and confirmed the earring was in her small intestine. Then she gave me daily(hourly too) poop update calls, waiting for the earring to pop out.
Her neice is very precious to her(she tried to conceive, but was unable to)
I responded like that to a post that was signed 'single lesbian mom' who had said I hope your sis doesn't want her earring back.
Not to be confusing
My sis was telling me about some foreign custome when the girls have their 'coming of age' parties, it is customary to give the girl jewelry, and she thought it would be fun to have this story to tell Maegan(my dd), she also wants to save it for the scrapbook.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page