getting stiff shoulder from maya wrap - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-15-2003, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 7 mos old son is getting heavy and I am having discomfort and need to crack my neck a lot on one side. I think its due to the maya wrap. I tried on other side and tried to carry him on my back... any other tips? am using stroller more now. dd was also a heavy baby too...I used the didymos with her so was ok (but maya is great for last min and with the heat)!
#2 of 5 Old 08-15-2003, 03:26 PM

How are you carrying him? Have you pulled the cap over your shoulder & made sure the fabric is pulled down across your back? My ds & a big guy too. I find that I get sore more often now, especially if I'm not careful about how the sling is positioned. I can only carry him on my hip if it's for longer periods. I commend you, I'm not yet brave enough to carry him on my back!!

Angela: Mum to 3 & wife to the man in the funny suit.

#3 of 5 Old 08-15-2003, 08:40 PM

I do yoga and it really seems to help w/ my shouder _troubles from my sling and from lying on my side to BF. There's a great book called Baby Om (you could probably find it used online) that shows you how to do it w/ your baby. DS loves it and it really stretches out my muscles.
#4 of 5 Old 08-15-2003, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I get that too. My baby is about 24 lbs. what I do is actually put it almost on my upper arm rather than my shoulder. It works great and no pain!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#5 of 5 Old 08-16-2003, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
And try to make it as wide as you can across your shoulder. It helped me to pull it down a little bit and make it wider. It always hurt more if it was too close to my neck.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page