Screaming 4 month old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-13-2007, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and I have no idea why. Ds had 12 solid weeks of colic, morning to night screaming, which got exceptionally better once he turned 13 weeks old and I stopped eating corn.

Now, for the past 3 days, he is incredibly grumpy. He goes from smiling to screaming in a few seconds. And the screaming is intense. Sometimes he's screaming so hard that he can't make a sound.

He even does it when I've fed him, changed his diaper, burped him--in other words, his physical needs are met. He's mostly in my arms as well, since he hates being worn. He's drooling a lot, and likes to chew on my finger, but I don't see any teeth coming in. Also, all the teething remedies I've given him (they're homeopathic) don't seem to affect him.

When he's not having a 'fit' he's incredibly happy, really interested in playing, cooing and watching anything & everything that moves. He's hitting all his milestones, and is growing well. I am at my wit's end. I hate hearing him cry, especially as intensely as it is becoming, and nothing, I mean NOTHING seems to help. Please help me make my baby feel better. :

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#2 of 5 Old 12-13-2007, 06:05 PM

Has he been vaccinated recently?

-Angela
#3 of 5 Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Nope, no vaccines. And with the recent recall, I'm considering no vaccines at all, rather than selective delaying.

Other than breastmilk, he's only had homeopathic treatments for colic and teething. I also just gave him some gripe water (chamomile, ginger & fennel mixture). He liked the taste of it, and stopped screaming while drinking it, gave a burp, then cried a bit more until my mom managed to rock him to sleep.

Oh, and he wakes up from crying during his naps. He's still asleep while he's crying, so something has to be hurting him.

Wife to dh, Mommy to my heavenly angel, J (06), and my earthly angels, S (07) and E (10)

#4 of 5 Old 12-13-2007, 06:34 PM

Do you see any digestive upset? Has ANYTHING changed? New foods? Detergent? Have you considered eliminating dairy from your diet?

good luck!

-Angela
#5 of 5 Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Xoe

.....sounds like reflux. both my dd's have it. right now, DD12 is 3 months. her screams could break glass, and she goes from 0-60 in a second. try and notice if she sounds like she is in pain. if she screams most often after she eats (and then won't stop....although my baby screams to be fed, also.) if she arches her back away from you, or if her body jumps up after feeding. if it sounds like she's choking or if something is coming up in her throat.

good luck. you are certainly NOT alone right now.

xoe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page