~*~October 2007 Mamas~*~ December thread - guess this is where we are now. - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stayseeliz View Post
Christmas was crazy around here. DH's grandmother passed away on Sunday and the visitation/funeral was on Christmas Eve and it was really hectic. DD was really tired and hungry but for some reason she wouldn't eat at the funeral home. I guess because the only quiet place to feed her was the kitchen and I wasn't comfortable in there with the straight backed chairs so she wasn't comfortable if that makes sense.

I finally give up and go into the room where they're doing the visitation and MIL takes the baby and starts walking around showing her to everybody. Then she starts passing her to random people to hold. HELLO?!?!? And she was still fussing so I wrestled her back from someone, gave her to DH to hold and asked him not to let anyone touch her.

The graveside service was rough too. DH was doing the speaking so I had all 3 kids by myself in the back and the baby was so tired and my other two were trying to play in the dirt in their dress clothes. Lots of fun..

DD pretty much slept through everything..She got several toys and she'd stare at one for a few seconds then nod off..Pretty funny..
I'm sorry your christmas was so stressful and sad... I kept DD away from pretty much everyone except for quick holds by two of my mom's friends. One woman had a cough that she promised was from chronic allergies and NOT an illness, but um, no... Sorry. DD got a teeny bit fussy anyway so I just said she doesn't let anyone hold her and kept her away. Christmas eve was ROUGH with the reflux, so we stayed home. Christmas Day she was in a lovely mood, though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2007, 07:36 PM

We had a good Christmas. It was busy and hectic, but good. I am glad we are on the downward swing though!

Willy is doing great! He was 16lbs 2.5oz and 25" at his 2 month checkup. Kleines is doing okay at being a big brother.. most of the time! I find I have so little time right now to keep up, I miss reading posts on here!!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Hi all! I just found this thread. I've missed everyone!

Sydney is the best baby ever. No, really! She's way more easygoing than my first three kiddos. It's like she knows she is a fourth child and accomadates.

Today I am going to go to (GULP) the gym. I just put on my sports bra and HOLY COW is it tight. I have no circulation in my chest. But at least I won't bounce. I literally haven't worked out since I was about 3 months pregnant so this should be interesting...

Btw, there is a recent pic of Sydney in my sig, "I'm number one!"

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
Old 12-28-2007, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Yuma: gorgeous pic of Sydney! She looks so happy and pleased with herself.

My DD has been a handful with regards to sleep. She catnaps and is still tired afterwards. I can't help her string naps together.

wearing her in the ergo doesn't help her either and my shoulders ache from carrying her for so long.

Hopefully things will improve over the next few weeks. The doctors keep telling me that it is colic : but I really don't feel that they have listened to me at all.

My DS had colic and so I know what a colicky baby looks like and acts.

Anyway enough of my moaning ... I forgot to add beforehand that I have pocket dipes which I sewed when I was preggers and just waiting for DD to grow into them
Old 12-28-2007, 11:01 AM

Sleep- one of the things that helped us, was to catch Erin between 45-1hr after she was up, to get her down. Of course, this can be near impossible when you have other kids but I can usually catch her most times. We also found that having her right next to where I tend to sit (when I get to...) helps her feel more secure. We also put her down when drowsy, gently pat her bottom or rock/giggle her playpen to help her get to sleep.

She can sleep anywhere from 45minutes to an hour, sometimes longer. Of course my oldest is home from school now and she adds aklot of excitement.

my hubby uploaded pics.
www.flickr.com/photos/christophertaverna

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 12-28-2007, 11:20 AM

Erika-

the pic of your daughter passed out by the potty is one of the funniest things i have ever seen. my dh cracked up too.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 12-28-2007, 12:24 PM

What are the rest of the {sept-dec} babies doing?

Little Brother (sept) has found his hands and wants to bite and chew them nonstop when he's awake & happy. He is biting my thumb knuckle as I type, lol.

He is also reaching for things, imitating noises (he does this thing where he sounds like he's saying "HIIII!" in a really high pitched voice like people tend to do to him, haha), and rolled he over from back to front for the first time the other day. He is also GRABBING stuff--he grabbed my bowl of salad last night and nearly knocked it off the table. Totally time to start keeping hot/sharp things FAR FAR away when he's on my lap while I eat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you guys doing baby books for your lo's? We did one for Big Brother. but didn't even buy one for Little Brother yet. I want to do something really custom since his birth (an oops UC of happy VBAC) was not really a fill-in-the-baby-book-blanks type of thing. Of course I haven't had a chance to put anything together yet! (I still haven't typed up my birth story--anyone else shying away from writing theirs down? I don't know what's up with that, I kind of just want to leave it out in the open as it was and not try to define it or tie it down into a story....*shrug*)

Baby's surgery is coming up, it's Jan 18th; I am getting more emotional about it. I know a hernia is a very common thing and a very common surgery. I told myself I couldn't worry about it till after Christmas, well here we are after Christmas and it's in three weeks. The worrying is on.

I'll end on a positive note, though...my boys ADORE each other. They are so sweet when they interact. Big Brother is so gentle with baby and says good morning and goodnight to him first thing and last thing of his day. He good "Good morning, brother" in his baby voice, too cute. He pats him gently and brings him toys and talks to him in a soft, cute voice. Little Brother looks at my toddler like he hung the moon. You can just see the love and admiration shining out his face.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:48 PM

They killed our DDC! NOOOOO! Time is flying too fast!!

Mine has some cradle cap, but it's under a ton of hair and doesn't seem to bother him, so I've left it alone. I've heard that coal tar shampoo will take care of it, though. Seems like it might be harsh on little baby heads to me, though, if the kid's head is itching, it might be worth it?

It's cold here. :
Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubess View Post
Life has been very hectic and crazy. It has been revolving around DD and her lack of sleep. I have a very tired catnapper and I'm frazzled

Sounds like James. He won't sleep more than 20 minutes 3 times a day and is super cranky. I hope he outgrows this! My first was colicky too... this isn't it. Back to cranial sacral therapy we go.

Hope your DD gets better with sleep too!

Suz, mommy to 2 chess-playing, lightsaber-wielding boys

Old 12-29-2007, 01:01 PM

tristan rolled from tummy to back this morning... twice!!! hes growing up too fast hes benn chewing on everything and teething like a mad man, and we can see that little white bump of a tooth just under his gum.... the only problem is he cant get a teether to his mouth by himself and hold it there, so hes mostly been using our knuckles, lol

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
Old 12-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blucactus View Post
How was everyone's first Christmas with the new babies? I found myself continually turning down offers from other people who wanted to hold him (which makes him cry). I appreciate that you love my baby, ok, but, really, it's OKAY. I'm really not dying to pawn him off on someone else so I can just stand around!
Yeah, I never quite got how people seem to think they are doing a favor by taking the baby from you! What really gets me is when baby starts fussing and they try to soothe her rather than giving her back. :

We had to go to dh's office Christmas party on Christmas Eve. Attendance was mandatory for the employees, and I knew it would make dh look good if his family showed up, as his boss has this big thing about his workplace being a family company (yet has a work party on Christmas Eve. Go figure). So, we went. Oh, did I mention it was a potluck? Talk about cheap! Then, before we could eat, we all had to bow our heads and say grace. At a mandatory company event. Honestly, talk about inappropriate!

But after we got home from that it was quiet family time! We had a nice walk in the afternoon, and after getting Sofia to bed put together her play kitchen from Santa and stuffed stockings. Sofia surprised us by sleeping until 7:30 Christmas morning - I think she forgot it was Christmas! She tore through her gifts and "cooked" us all breakfast, then we set out a light lunch buffet and the grands showed up about 1 p.m. for food and more present opening. Even trying to keep it simple, it was quite a day!

My next task is sorting through toys to make room for the new stuff! But I will say, neither of the girls got any plastic crap or battery operated stuff! Yahoo!! Maybe my costant harping about toys is finally paying off...

Wife to Thomas, WAH mama to Sofia Rose 8/04, Ellen Marie 10/07, her twin sister Amalie Joy lost 7/07 , and Maya Grace and Hannah Miriam 4/10
Old 12-29-2007, 05:57 PM

Hey y'all! I've been MIA for the last month, I know. My desk set-up doesn't really allow me to NAK, and my son has been an eating MACHINE! We just got some pictures taken yesterday, I have to resize them and upload them, then maybe I can post some links.

Anyways, Mat is growing like a weed. He's only a month old and he's already outgrown most of his 0-3 month stuff. He's not heavy, but he is LONG. I put him in a 0-3 sleeper and he can't stretch his legs, poor guy.

For christmas, we got a mayawrap and a breast pump, which is good since I have to back to work in the next month. DH is having increasing problems with his PTSD at his job, and I promised him he'd be able to quit by the end of June, so that means I have to step up and make some monay. I'm sad that I'm going to miss a lot of Mat's infancy, but it's more important that we have a place to sleep at night and food to eat.

Anyways, that's word from me. I'll try to check this thread out more often, catch up with y'all. Right now, though, Mat has to eat! Damn the boy is insatiable.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post
tristan rolled from tummy to back this morning... twice!!! hes growing up too fast hes benn chewing on everything and teething like a mad man, and we can see that little white bump of a tooth just under his gum.... the only problem is he cant get a teether to his mouth by himself and hold it there, so hes mostly been using our knuckles, lol
I love the pics on your blog of him...the prefold and the leggings are precious, hehe.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 AM

Hi all you all!

DS is asleep in HIS OWN BED tonight for the first time ever. I can't believe it. We have had it set-up for him since I was pregnant with DD but he wasn't into it. He was tonight. I don't mind sleeping with him, but I am also excited to have more room in the bed-o.

DS (2 yrs. old BTW) still has cradle cap. I use tea tree oil and it works great! I love that stuff. You can use it for so many things.

I think my connection is about to die again. Boo hoo. I hate this internet thing. I miss all of you. More later...
Old 12-31-2007, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

anyone else shedding hair?

I started two weeks ago and its crazy the amount of hair dropping out.

Its everywhere ... on the floor, in the shower, in my hands when I wash my hair, in my hairbrush.

be back and post more tonight.

Happy New Year Mamas! Hope you have a wonderful 2008.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 AM

Well i havent been around for awhile. Lincoln was in PICU for awhile with RSV. He came home today but is extremely fussy and clingy. He is on more O2 than he was before and there is some more damage to his lungs.

Pierce is having surgery on thursday
Old 01-01-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubess View Post
anyone else shedding hair?
Yup. At this rate, I should be bald by February.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:23 AM

Oh, Aimes, I don't know how you're doing it all. I hope Lincoln and Pierce continue to heal and grow. I'll say a prayer about the surgery. hugs and peace...

Old 01-01-2008, 02:24 PM

Aimee~ I think of you and the boys daily and am praying for health and homecoming!

I miss you guys! I can't belive it is the first day of the new year!! I already broke my resolution of eating healthier~~ as soon as dh was out the door with the kidlets for sledding
i was nak with a cupcake . i suck

last year my resolution was not to make resolutions. That worked well .
maybe I should do that again.

Cub is amazing! She is 10 weeks today~ I cannot believe how the weeks have passed in a blink. My first dd turned 7 last week and has lost both top teeth this week!! Our Christmas was beautiful~~ it was incredibly healing. Our last few Christmas seasons had been very difficult for me. In 2004 my Uncle was killed in a car accident and we buries him on Christmas eve, my Gram passed 3 weeks later on January 14. Christmas day 05 I lost our first Angel and our neighbor and friend took his own life on the 28th. Then last year's Christmas day was the edd of our second Angel.
But... 2007 was an amazing year for us, so much has happened with my family~ both beautiful and sad, but life and God have been so good and I am so grateful for every moment with my Babies.

LO is so cool~ she is the smiliest, happiest little thing. She is mesmerizing, and for such a bitty thing at birth she has grown so. I swear after a few hours sleep she is literally heavier and longer. She is about 13.5 lbs but so long and chunky at the same time, her cheeks hang like jowls and her chins are plentiful!! She has those delicious rolls on her thighs and upper arms and the dimply little hands. And my God she smells so heavenly, I spend the day with my face in her hair, that milky smell. And her poop smells delicious too! :rofl: Raise your hand if you love ebf poo!! My babes are a sweet french toast popcorn combo .
I know some of the size is her cds, we cd excl., but she's pretty much bigger 3-6 and 6-9 now because of her length. I'm thinking this week or next she'll be out of the infant pf and small bummis because of her length.
She's not even trying to roll over, she's rarely out of arms , but she talks and coos, and smiles and engages almost constantly! She can scream too!! Well I suppose as the youngest of the 3 she knows she needs to make herself known. We're anticipating that first giggle any day now :.
She had a cold at 3 weeks~ in and out in 2 days, and then another pretty bad one this past week, I even brought her into the pedi last fri to be sure it was only nasal congestion and staying up there. She was clear and was pretty much 100% in another day or 2. I am so sorry for all you Mamas and babes dealing with rsv! I was so afraid each cold would lead there.

Can we talk sleep? My other 2 never slept. Literally. Never for more than an hour 15 mins at night, a few catnaps through the day, by catnaps I mean 8-10 mins tops. Nighhts were sooo difficult. DD did not go for more than 2-3 hours until she was over 3. Neither did ds. He just started sleeping this summer when he turned 4. Neither took naps as toddlers or preschoolers either. I hear you Mamas on the hard sleep front, it was literally YEARS I spent sleep deprived.
This Babe SLEEPS. Really. At about a week she started going about 3.5 hours at night, at about 6 weeks she was up to 4.5hrs or so, then we sidecarred the crib, before that she was between me & the bedrail but with mama dayy sister brother all in bed at some point it was sooo squished. Its a queen.
Now with the sidecar she and I have more room.
Now at 10 weeks she consistently will sleep each night from about 11-4 or 5.
when she'll wake to nurse and go back to sleep for a couple hours. OMG it is h.e.a.v.e.n. She'll catnap a bit during the day, but she is so aware and alert and nosy . She's afraid she'll mis something .

She's getting better with the car seat. Now she'll only scream 1/2 the time instead of constantly. It breaks my heart but we don't travel far because of it and she seems to be getting better. I had to move her straps to the highest slot yesterday!!! They are just at her shoulders, even a bit below, right where they need to be. Again, the height thing . She looks huge to me in the carseat. :
wow, I've written a novel
but haven't had the chance to post after reading lately so I wanted to squish it all in... there's way more but I'll save that for another day

may this new year be beautiful and blessed my freinds!! :

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
Old 01-03-2008, 09:14 PM

Hi everyone!
I am jut popping in for a quick hello.

My midwives told me to take kelp for the hairloss thing.

Aimes, we are thinking of you all everyday.

How is everyone else?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 PM

Do we want to start a January thread? Is this how it works, we do a new one every month?

Things are good with us. My dd has started drooling. I love it when this starts It's nice when they finally stop, at like 1

She's getting so big too. She is probably 11.5 lbs, still fits in the newborn clothes, which is crazy because both my boys were into 3-6 month stuff at 1.5 months It's fun to have a smaller baby. She is still nursing great and taking a bottle. YAY! I get to go out with the girls tonight while dh stays home will all 3 kids. Thank goodness he is not in school and can do this.

I also don't think I'm going to get ppd like I did after my fist two. we're even talking about having another one (we'll start trying in September)
Old 01-04-2008, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy New Year, mamas!

We just got home from an exhausting trip post-Christmas. Good, but hard in many ways.

And speaking of hair loss, I was losing even MORE there than I have been, it seems! DS was waking up with handfuls (his little hands, that is) of it, and each time I shampoo, condition, and brush my hair I lose a shocking amount EACH TIME! My hair is quite noticeably thin now - and it used to be VERY thick. : I told DH years ago that I'd be bald by 30... I just turned 27, and I'm afraid I may not be far off from the truth. Especially if we do have another one someday!

Rolling: DS has officially mastered rolling over today! Last night on the train he rolled over at least once, and then today I had him set up on the floor on his tummy, looking at some of his toys. And whadya know, he was suddenly on his back! Then he's done it consistently in the other direction, too! Can't believe how big they're getting! He was 3 months old two days after Christmas.

Well, better go get back to work on the mess left after Christmas and packing.. Yikes... Looks like a tornado struck in there (a toy and gift wrap tornado!).

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
Do we want to start a January thread? Is this how it works, we do a new one every month?
I did.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=819862

User Tag List