Baby Monitors - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-18-2003, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! We are in need of a baby monitor for those precious moments when we can step outside! Our little guy will not be slung so we need to hear him if we are away from his favorite laying down places. We tried the 1st Years model and it just screeches no matter how close or far away you are...any suggestions?
Thanks!!
#2 of 5 Old 08-18-2003, 10:28 PM

we LOVE our FP 900 mhz monitor with the light display and the vibrate button! The first one we got had a rechargeable battery, and after 8 mo. it died. They do not make that exact model anymore, but they do make the same monitor that takes regular AAA batteries. Anyway - the monitor is awesome. The ONLY time we get interference is if we are on the cordless phone near the receiver. Otherwise, the reception is crystal clear, and sometimes we can even hear her breathe! I recommend it!
#3 of 5 Old 08-18-2003, 11:05 PM

We had one that we returned. Now we have one by Sony that I like. The other one only had 2 channels, and neither worked in our house. The Sony has 9 channels. I'd highly recommend at least checking to see how many channels the monitor has.

One other thing that I like about ours is that it lights up when it "hears" something. The main thing I use mine for is to vaccuum another part of the house while DS sleeps. I can't hear him over the noise, but I can look at the monitor and see if the lights are lit up.
#4 of 5 Old 08-19-2003, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've just gotta ask--why not sling him? Or use another baby carrier if a sling is too hard on your back or whatever? Or a moses basket to keep him near your feet while he sleeps the first couple of months?

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#5 of 5 Old 08-19-2003, 09:58 AM

She said that he won't be slung in the OP. My DS is the same way. Some babies just aren't comfortable or happy in a sling. And once a baby is asleep, you can hardly move them around in a Moses basket. They aren't designed to be picked up when the baby is inside them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page