***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2008, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI gals,

Max was feeling better the next day, then I started feeling queasy and the next thing you know, Scarlet is throwing up. So it got us, too. Just when I was getting caught up on laundry. It was awful and my back hurts from laying on the couch recovering all day yesterday, but we are all better now, thank goodness. Must have been just a 12 hour throw up marathon thing. Yuck.

Krismarie - hope you are all better soon. I was thinking it was the traveling, too. That's about the only time any of us gets a cold, is after plane travel. Glad the bm is working, that is amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Is your house purple? I love it!
Yep Purple : We love it! We bought the house last year and it was beige. So.not.us.

While dh was painting it this fall, you should've seen people's reaction, we got so many comments, from "what the hell?" to "love it!". Since it's finished, we've only had positive comments. And I eavesdrop, so I would've heard the bad comments too
Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
No, he says he doesn't feel bad enough to take a meal away from someone. I'll try to get him to use a squirter like you so it just takes a bit.
Haha, my dh would refuse as well. Silly men.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 PM

lol all this talk about breastmilk for sinuses and my constant sniffling is making me think I might benefit from a little of my own magic.

G is napping, I'm supposed to be taking down our Christmas tree since Christmas ended yesterday, but instead I am wasting time on the computer...yee!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
HI gals,

Max was feeling better the next day, then I started feeling queasy and the next thing you know, Scarlet is throwing up. So it got us, too. Just when I was getting caught up on laundry. It was awful and my back hurts from laying on the couch recovering all day yesterday, but we are all better now, thank goodness. Must have been just a 12 hour throw up marathon thing. Yuck.

Krismarie - hope you are all better soon. I was thinking it was the traveling, too. That's about the only time any of us gets a cold, is after plane travel. Glad the bm is working, that is amazing.
oh man--that stinks!! i'm glad that you are all better!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 01-14-2008, 05:58 PM

doudat-I read your blog-CUTE videos!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Just have to share...

Johnny has been crying and trying to get my breast shield away from me while I pump, so my DH just gave him an old one I don't use and he is happy as a clam yesterday he carried mine around for about an hour after I gave it to him!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
Just have to share...

Johnny has been crying and trying to get my breast shield away from me while I pump, so my DH just gave him an old one I don't use and he is happy as a clam yesterday he carried mine around for about an hour after I gave it to him!
lmao at johnny! we need to play!! i can't wait till its warm out side...and md winter hasn't even started yet lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 01-14-2008, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
lmao at johnny! we need to play!! i can't wait till its warm out side...and md winter hasn't even started yet lol
Me too - I wouldn't really miss winter if we never had it (even though doudat's snowy house is beautiful). Yes we should get together, we keep saying that but we really should!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Just have to share...

Old 01-14-2008, 09:29 PM

Caroline and the Mirror
more
kissing
getting into mommy's mess

Old 01-15-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
aww! that's so cute!

guess what I made tonight? a pair of red and pink striped longies and a set of bl & white skull legwarmers for eva! yay. fun. I'll take pics tomorrow.

sorry to hear about more puke. oops, wasnt' supposed to say that. I know we have senstitive ears around here! (and stomaches!)
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-15-2008, 02:08 AM

ohh i found a pair of socks that were Hailey's only a few years ago, they are rainbow strip knee highs welli put them on Caroline and they work PERFECT for baby legs with feet!! lol i took pics and will show you all tomorrow!

Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 AM

ultimate - I LOVE the pics of caroline looking at herself in the mirror. SOOO precious!

queen - Oooh! can't wait to see pics of your new creations!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 AM

those mirror pictures of caroline are adorable!

can't wait to see what you made, queen!

and the rainbow "baby legs" too.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM

are any of you reading good books right now??

a friend of mine got me (half-jokingly) a "knitting mystery" for xmas. it was actually ok...i'm reading another in the series right now.
usually i like non-fiction though.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:29 AM

I survived my 5 days home without DH who was in Florida running the Disney Marathon! I know, I really shouldn't say that because I know many of you do that day in and day out. The house isn't as he would want it. I did get all of the laundry done and folded, but the living room toys aren't picked up. And I had to leave the dishes. Last night at 5:30, Claire started coughing and was having an asthma attack. She loves to sit on the counter while I make supper. She sometimes stirs, but most of the time just sits there and talks. I hate to ban her from the kitchen as it seems cruel to exclude her. Last night I was making lasagne so I don't know if some "dust" from the cheese was in the air that she inhaled or what triggered it. Her asthma doc says foods cause eczema, not asthma. She was wheezing so she had a couple of nebs last night, but didn't rewheeze so her doc said no steroids for now. She's resting now, but we'll do a couple of nebs today too. I'm just glad I only work a half day today so that I can come home and check on her.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
are any of you reading good books right now??

a friend of mine got me (half-jokingly) a "knitting mystery" for xmas. it was actually ok...i'm reading another in the series right now.
usually i like non-fiction though.

I'm listening to Middlesex on CD's while commuting. It is hilarious. I might have to get the CD's to the Virgin Suicides by the same author.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-15-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
I survived my 5 days home without DH who was in Florida running the Disney Marathon! I know, I really shouldn't say that because I know many of you do that day in and day out. The house isn't as he would want it. I did get all of the laundry done and folded, but the living room toys aren't picked up. And I had to leave the dishes. Last night at 5:30, Claire started coughing and was having an asthma attack. She loves to sit on the counter while I make supper. She sometimes stirs, but most of the time just sits there and talks. I hate to ban her from the kitchen as it seems cruel to exclude her. Last night I was making lasagne so I don't know if some "dust" from the cheese was in the air that she inhaled or what triggered it. Her asthma doc says foods cause eczema, not asthma. She was wheezing so she had a couple of nebs last night, but didn't rewheeze so her doc said no steroids for now. She's resting now, but we'll do a couple of nebs today too. I'm just glad I only work a half day today so that I can come home and check on her.
that's scary. so, it was the cheese??

my sister just read middlesex...i'll have to check that out.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:37 PM

Been semi busy the past few days, and been trying to cut back on computer time a bit too. We went to a friend's house on Saturday for a combined surprise baby shower game day. It was fun and Desmond has fun too. Sunday we went and got his 9 month pictures, I'll try to post them later, he is so cute and big! Yesterday DH was home for a doctor's appointment and I got my temporary crown, so now my tooth is a temporary queen of the universe.

Other then that it has been pretty calm around here, Desmond did sleep for 5 hours straight on Sunday night which was so nice, didn't do it last night though sigh.

Oh I got to use my gift from the exchange because AF arrived right on time Sunday, they work nicely, though I only have enough for one day, so I'll wash them tonight with diapers and get to use them again tomorrow.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM

seems like everyone is more time away from the computer...

today zenon has been earthside as long as he was in me...it's bittersweet- they are getting so old!

Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
seems like everyone is more time away from the computer...

today zenon has been earthside as long as he was in me...it's bittersweet- they are getting so old!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

: Well, I feel for the mamas dealing with sick kiddos...

Johnny has been throwing up everything for the past 24hrs..though I fed him BM for 5mins 45mins ago and he has kept it down so far (this is a record as of yet) so maybe we are on the road to recovery. We've tried everything from BM to water to pedialyte just trying to hydrate him...maybe it's just because he is my first child but I just felt so sad watching him today - he was just limp when I was changing him and had this lost look in his eyes...he seemed a little more alert and energetic tonight though - not me though!!! I need some SERIOUS sleep and have TONSSSSSSSSSS of laundry to catch up on, I was actually going to do sposies today but the pediatrician recommended cloth so we could count wet dipes. Oh and he lost 15oz since Friday unless the pedi's scale is WAY off from the LC's scale..I'm going convincing myself the scales are off - I am NOT going to be a paranoid mama lol, I was SOOO embarrassed even to go in today, I had planned just to call for advice but they suggested we come in so we did (that was mainly my DH worrying).
Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
: Well, I feel for the mamas dealing with sick kiddos...

Johnny has been throwing up everything for the past 24hrs..though I fed him BM for 5mins 45mins ago and he has kept it down so far (this is a record as of yet) so maybe we are on the road to recovery. We've tried everything from BM to water to pedialyte just trying to hydrate him...maybe it's just because he is my first child but I just felt so sad watching him today - he was just limp when I was changing him and had this lost look in his eyes...he seemed a little more alert and energetic tonight though - not me though!!! I need some SERIOUS sleep and have TONSSSSSSSSSS of laundry to catch up on, I was actually going to do sposies today but the pediatrician recommended cloth so we could count wet dipes. Oh and he lost 15oz since Friday unless the pedi's scale is WAY off from the LC's scale..I'm going convincing myself the scales are off - I am NOT going to be a paranoid mama lol, I was SOOO embarrassed even to go in today, I had planned just to call for advice but they suggested we come in so we did (that was mainly my DH worrying).
hope he is feeling better! it doesn't take much to keep them hydrated (like a teaspoon every half-hour)...sounds like he catching up on hydration after the last nursing since he kept it down. it's not just because he's your first, it's always sad to see them sick. hope tonight is much better.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:54 AM

Happy Birthday Queen!!:

Old 01-16-2008, 12:59 PM

Thanks! As her birthday presant to me, Evangeline slept until 6 am! Thanks honey!
Chad got me a beautiful bracelet with white, pink and red pearls and small garnets-my birthstone, of course. It's beautiful. I picked it out.

Kris- how's your family? Did you ever get DS resolved? I pm'd a mod.

LilMomma-how's Johnny- When Eva was throwing up she was exactly the same way. Rest assured- he's probably ok, but hang in there! I'm sure you're tired and behind, hope you're not sick too!

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Happy Birthday, Queen!

LilMomma, hope Johnny is better today, it is just awful seeing your babe sick. And Max was the same way, just out of it, we were very worried. He says he doesn't even remember it, thank goodness.

Scarlet got sick again last night, just once, but still, more laundry. It's taking us all a while to get back to normal.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:40 PM

So, how many barfy babies in our group? Yikes!

Happy Birthday Queen!!!

I am *sick*of*getting*up*ALL*night*long!!! Noah is still teething-I feel 6 bulging bumps. Only one tooth on bottom, so far...it's gonna be a llllooonnngggg road! We are co-sleeping, but it is a terrible night's sleep. Would be worse if he was in his own bed and i was going in there every hour. sigh sigh sigh-patience, please!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Happy bday Queen

Thanks for the well-wishes! Johnny threw up most of last night also and this morning refused anything in his mouth (breast, bottle, cup, even toothbrush) for several hours - until DH spied him shoving nachos that were left on the table (from YESTERDAY - with SOUR CREAM on them) into his mouth... He has kept that down for about 4-5hrs so I think he is totally better
Old 01-16-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Thanks! As her birthday presant to me, Evangeline slept until 6 am! Thanks honey!
Chad got me a beautiful bracelet with white, pink and red pearls and small garnets-my birthstone, of course. It's beautiful. I picked it out.
happy birthday lovely lady!
my stone's garnet too birthday on the 28th but I think it's just going to be skipped this year...my niece or nephew's day of birth is coming anyday

User Tag List