***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-17-2008, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I'm trying to get to see Romi's ped but it's hard... I have to call at 8h30am and try and nab one of the very limited "emergency" spots. And I can't seem to get one. Plus I feel bad cause it's not really an emergency..
Maybe you guys can help?
She has a scab on her chin that just won't heal. It's been 3 weeks now. The skin around it is dry and tights and red. The scab is blackish, but I think that's cause stuff sticks to it and makes it yucky. I tried everything. Creams, lanolin, ointments, breastmilk, anti-biotic ointments and it just won't leave.

Anyone have a clue?
hmm, have you posted in health and healing? seems like you've tried everything! what about doing what someone else mentioned...softening the scab and then massaging an antibiotic cream into it, maybe many times a day? i think that's what i'd do.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
does your sil live near? that's exciting. dh and i have (combined) 6 siblings and they all want kids but none are very close to actually having them (unless an oops happens ) i can't wait to have babies in the family.
She lives in Holland with her MIL in a house which is also a daycare and it's really far from a hospital. So for privacy and in case they need to transfer, they're having the babe at my house, just a few blocks from a hospital.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
She lives in Holland with her MIL in a house which is also a daycare and it's really far from a hospital. So for privacy and in case they need to transfer, they're having the babe at my house, just a few blocks from a hospital.
That is so wonderful of you to do. I'd be excited about getting everything ready, too! : for a smooth birth.

I'd make a toast or have a moment of silence to remember great grandfather, too. After all, he will be with you in spirit.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:22 PM

I can't remember if I posted about Tuesday night, but I don't think I did. My inlaws came up around 6pm and played with the baby for about 45 minutes before DH and I headed out to our Hindi class. The class was interesting, a couple of second generation Indians (ie were born here and want to learn Hindi), a couple of people just interested because it interests them, someone there because he works in that area of the world, and me. It seems like it will be interesting and we may actually learn some. Desmond had fun with the in-laws they feed him 1/4th of a banana while we were gone which worked well. It seems like a decent arrangement and should work out for everyone, they get 2 hours with the baby and we get to go to our Hindi class.

In other news he is definitely taking steps, he took two last night. We know he can do it, but he's still a bit uncertain of the whole walking without holding on thing. He stands on his own really well when he forgets that he needs to hold on.

We are skipping Gymboree today since it is snowing and I don't really want to drive in the snow. Oh and my Mom is arriving tonight, hopefully the snow and such won't cause flight problems.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 01-17-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
that's great! how fun! do you know holland well enough to tell me where she lives?? just curious... i lived there for 7 years.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
that's great! how fun! do you know holland well enough to tell me where she lives?? just curious... i lived there for 7 years.
really? my husband's whole family lived there for a long time, went to West Ottawa school.
uhm...there's a lot of sand and blueberries? I'll ask Kam when he comes home.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM

tabrizia: that sounds wonderful! What a good date with your dh!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM

Has anyone else noticed less diaper changes? Ion's only gone through 20 diapers since Tuesday morning and he used to use at least that many every day. He doesn't ever pee while sleeping or when we're out. We'll check regularly and he'll wet within 5 minutes of walking in the door or waking. When he does go, it's a real soaker. Is this normal developmental stuff? He's still completely rejecting his chamber pot...that only lasted about a month (and it's so cute !) At this rate I'll only have to do laundry once a week, what a dream that will be!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:23 PM

(I'm doing a lot of posts because I'm afraid to lose a long one on the baby's laptop--the only one with internet anymore)
in craftiness news: A friend and I made olive oil soap a few months ago and I cut it last weekend and it is just perfect for winter No more itchy skin and it makes my hair lovelier than any shampoo and conditioner. My hubby says it floats like a soap opera star. Next we'll try coconut oil and laundry soap.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
really? my husband's whole family lived there for a long time, went to West Ottawa school.
uhm...there's a lot of sand and blueberries? I'll ask Kam when he comes home.
oh--the north side of town then-- that's where i lived too i lived right on lake macatawa off of howard ave.
there is a lot of sand everywhere though

Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I can't remember if I posted about Tuesday night, but I don't think I did. My inlaws came up around 6pm and played with the baby for about 45 minutes before DH and I headed out to our Hindi class. The class was interesting, a couple of second generation Indians (ie were born here and want to learn Hindi), a couple of people just interested because it interests them, someone there because he works in that area of the world, and me. It seems like it will be interesting and we may actually learn some. Desmond had fun with the in-laws they feed him 1/4th of a banana while we were gone which worked well. It seems like a decent arrangement and should work out for everyone, they get 2 hours with the baby and we get to go to our Hindi class.

In other news he is definitely taking steps, he took two last night. We know he can do it, but he's still a bit uncertain of the whole walking without holding on thing. He stands on his own really well when he forgets that he needs to hold on.

We are skipping Gymboree today since it is snowing and I don't really want to drive in the snow. Oh and my Mom is arriving tonight, hopefully the snow and such won't cause flight problems.
how neat--that class sounds great.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
(I'm doing a lot of posts because I'm afraid to lose a long one on the baby's laptop--the only one with internet anymore)
in craftiness news: A friend and I made olive oil soap a few months ago and I cut it last weekend and it is just perfect for winter No more itchy skin and it makes my hair lovelier than any shampoo and conditioner. My hubby says it floats like a soap opera star. Next we'll try coconut oil and laundry soap.
that's great! i keep wanting to make soap--however not a vegan soap. my friend rendered the lard from our last pig slaughtering. : sorry! at least it's from our animal

Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 PM

tribute to the beard.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
that's great! i keep wanting to make soap--however not a vegan soap. my friend rendered the lard from our last pig slaughtering. : sorry! at least it's from our animal
and you're not wasting--my grandmother never wasted any of her animals either. Right down to the 'head cheese'!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
He's adorable
You have such a gorgeous family!!
Is your dh super tall or are you super short?

Quote:
and you're not wasting--my grandmother never wasted any of her animals either. Right down to the 'head cheese'!
eew.

Quote:
wow! so so different!
He looks like a soap opera star too. He with his clean face and me with my clean hair can make a program together What would it be about?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
He's adorable
You have such a gorgeous family!!
Is your dh super tall or are you super short?
thanks! no, he is not super tall...but i'm really short! i did have a bf in high school that was 6'5" and i'm 5'1"

Old 01-17-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
wow! so so different!
He looks like a soap opera star too. He with his clean face and me with my clean hair can make a program together What would it be about?
i have no idea... a dramatic soap opera with a vegan and a dairy farmer...

the olive oil soap works well for hair?? i'll have to try that sometime.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
i have no idea... a dramatic soap opera with a vegan and a dairy farmer...

the olive oil soap works well for hair?? i'll have to try that sometime.
oooo you've found the point of conflict!
I could send you some
Old 01-17-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I like him without it. Maybe he needs to grow it back before the ladies start hitting on him!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Has anyone else noticed less diaper changes? Ion's only gone through 20 diapers since Tuesday morning and he used to use at least that many every day. He doesn't ever pee while sleeping or when we're out. We'll check regularly and he'll wet within 5 minutes of walking in the door or waking. When he does go, it's a real soaker. Is this normal developmental stuff? He's still completely rejecting his chamber pot...that only lasted about a month (and it's so cute !) At this rate I'll only have to do laundry once a week, what a dream that will be!
I'm not sure if it is normal or not, but I have noticed the same thing with Scout. Sometimes I'll go to change her after 2 hours and her diaper is bone dry. I'll sit her on the potty and she gets upset and refuses to go. But then as soon as I put the diaper back on, she pees a flood. : I was so proud that she was peeing and pooping in the potty from about 3 months to 6 months and then as she got more and more mobile, she has become less fond of sitting still long enough to go potty.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:

We seem to go back and forth on this, some days he'll only go through 10 or so diapers, and some days he is back up to 15+. He doesn't pee at night though which really amazes me since that is 12ish hours with no peeing (and I can't even do that). I have noticed that we probably could get away with washing every 3rd day instead of every other day now, which is nice, though we still wash every other day.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
Old 01-17-2008, 11:07 PM

Anyone know where my milk supply went?????

I just keep telling myself that I made it to 9 months. That's another month since I was last whining about it.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:10 PM

She just had 7 green beans and a jar of baby food and now 4 oz of frozen bm. Finally she is happy!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:37 PM

I am now only pumping 5-6 oz per day. Abby eats 15+ oz at daycare. Pumping suck. For example, I pumped the whole way home today - it took 1.5 hours with snow falling. I only pumped 3 or so oz.. When I got home, DH had picked up the kids and Abby was hungry. Somehow she got a feast even after all of that pumping. grrrr... my poop baby drinks 10-12 oz of formula a day at daycare, but I easily fill her on my days off. I don't get how she is that more efficient?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
I am now only pumping 5-6 oz per day. Abby eats 15+ oz at daycare. Pumping suck. For example, I pumped the whole way home today - it took 1.5 hours with snow falling. I only pumped 3 or so oz.. When I got home, DH had picked up the kids and Abby was hungry. Somehow she got a feast even after all of that pumping. grrrr... my poop baby drinks 10-12 oz of formula a day at daycare, but I easily fill her on my days off. I don't get how she is that more efficient?
So she needs no supplementation on the weekends? Could it be your pump? When I used a Pump In Style I got just a couple oz a day and now with the swing, which is sadly only 1 at a time, I can get 7-9 oz in one go on a good morning. The 'let down' feature really works for me, although not as well as my actual baby of course.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:06 AM

okay, time to post!
Arlo is finally in bed, but he'll likely wake any minute. I swear he cannot sleep longer than an hour without waking up and needing to nurse:. I am tired these days...too tired to post even . I have been reading though:

Oh crap....I'll be back later...

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 01-18-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post

Have you switched you flange (sp)size? my mom says that helps and also slow down the suction ( you man know this all already just throwing the basics that i know at you, my mom is an ibclc)

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 01-18-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Anyone know where my milk supply went?????

I just keep telling myself that I made it to 9 months. That's another month since I was last whining about it.
hmm you keep saying this once a month... are you ovulating or about to get your period?

besides that all i need to say is hang in there!!! you can keep up the little bit you are doing and she is at least getting that!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3

User Tag List