***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 712 Old 01-19-2008, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
looks like dry skin, eczema, which would be why its hard to heal, looks like its from the weather cold out side, i would put the polysporin on and then a layer of linsinoha over it. poor baby, Caroline has it bad behind her ears and on her neck, my Hailey has it really bad alll the time all over her legs and arms...
Is this the best treatment for eczema? Abby has a sploch on her side, nowhere else. It's been there for ~3 weeks or a month. I haven't been aggressively treating it, but it does annoy me. I have been doing occasional lanolin or a good lotion, but nothing has worked.

TIA
#422 of 712 Old 01-19-2008, 04:25 PM

Scout is 9 months old today
Isn't crazy to think that our LO's are just 3 months shy of being a whole year old?

I don't have a whole lot to say - just wanted to say hi!
#423 of 712 Old 01-19-2008, 04:30 PM

its the best treatment i have found but takes awhile and could be better treatments i haven't found yet

ok ladies i need help lol
i have a ton of out grown diapers i need to sell and don't know what to ask for them, what to say about them, any one want to look at them and give me some feedback on what to say?
pm me!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#424 of 712 Old 01-19-2008, 04:49 PM

When I buy used, I save the description and price and just make and changes when I list them. Also, I search the TP or DS and check out when others are selling for and their descriptions and "use" what I need.

HTH!

Quote:
its the best treatment i have found but takes awhile and could be better treatments i haven't found yet

ok ladies i need help lol
i have a ton of out grown diapers i need to sell and don't know what to ask for them, what to say about them, any one want to look at them and give me some feedback on what to say?
pm me!!
#425 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 AM

Hi all-
I am a real work at home mama! Man have I been busy...and I started working today for my MW!!! I hope it will be a dream-come-true!

Here is her site-see my quote-by Elise.
http://www.mountainmidwives.com/index1.htm

I am going to do PR and start a New-Moms Group. It should be fun.

On another exciting note---Noah is CRAWLING!!! Started on his 9-month birthday. Wow-I just looked at the calendar and Andy started at 7 months. Noah started solids at 7 months, where as, Andy had no interest until he popped his first tooth at 9 months. Interesting! And today he finally got down feeding himself. He is such a little bird! I just feed him whatever we eat, he likes that. What do you suggest we feed him while I am working? I work outside the home once a week, at night, during his bedtime. So getting him to sleep is VERY difficult for my mom/the sitter. He WILL NOT take a bottle of BM. It all keeps going to waste. And I hate to pump anyway. Do you think a little juice or cow's milk would be alright once a week?

Kelsi, I just noticed your siggy. Was Abby a UC? I need to read your birth story. Did you post it somewhere? I didn't remember a UC from our DDC. Way to go mama!
#426 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I was just thinking the same thing Ulti! I'm not sure I have any to sell yet, but I was thinking "how in the world do people know what to put these for sale at?"

Here are some pics from yesterday and today..

Mmm...leche
Haha! Mama let me eat chicken!
#427 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Hi all-
I am a real work at home mama! Man have I been busy...and I started working today for my MW!!! I hope it will be a dream-come-true!

That sounds WONDERFUL! So cool.

Quote:
Kelsi, I just noticed your siggy. Was Abby a UC? I need to read your birth story. Did you post it somewhere? I didn't remember a UC from our DDC. Way to go mama!
It was a debatable UC - I had a midwife stop by after ~20+ hours of labor - she checked me and broke my water for me, and left. Here's the story - I never posted it:

On the morning of April 1st, our daughter Ari woke me up by asking to watch TV downstairs. I walked her downstairs and turned on the TV for her. She asked me if today was “14” because she had a birthday party coming up on the 14th of April that she was super excited about. I told her today was the first, and that 14 was still a long way away. She asked “April first?” and I replied that yes, it was. She was overjoyed and said “the baby is coming today!” I explained that the baby would come soon, but that we didn’t know exactly when. She seemed okay with that, and I went back upstairs to get some more sleep. On the way up, I started thinking that April 1st would be a GREAT day to have the baby!

I had felt a few contractions so far that morning, but I had been having them on and off for weeks so it wasn’t a big deal. When I woke again, Chuck and I snuggled and then talked about having the baby that day – we both liked that idea! We began timing the contractions which were about 15 minutes apart. I had really wanted to go to our favorite bagel shop for breakfast, so we went. While there, the contractions started coming closer together at about 7 minutes apart. On the way home, we called Mom to pick up Ari since we felt that labor might be inevitable.

By 2:30 pm contractions were 6 minutes apart and Chuck began filling our birth pool. Within an hour they were 4-5 minutes apart and I was working through them by relaxing on the birth ball. At 5 we went outside to walk and that helped, but it began to sprinkle, so we came back in. The contractions were still 4-5 minutes apart. Over the next few hours, I hopped in the birth pool, walked, showered, and used the birth ball. The contractions were still about 4 minutes apart, but every hour they became more intense.

By 10 pm, I was having a tough time with each contraction. I think I may have been about 6-8 cm dilated by how I was feeling. I hopped into the birth pool and the contractions spaced out for a bit, but I was reluctant to get out because it was relaxing, and the contractions were pretty painful.

As it neared midnight, Chuck and I realized that baby was NOT coming on April 1st. I decided that a shower might be nice, so upstairs we went. The shower felt great, but eventually it got to be too much and I got out. We were both exhausted, so we lay down in the bed to get rest. Unfortunately, the contractions felt worse lying down in bed, so I got up and went downstairs around 3am. Downstairs I could lean against the back of the couch during each contraction – for some reason this felt better than everything else. The contractions quickly sped up to about 2 minutes apart and 1 minute or more in length, so there were times that I would have less than a minute before the next one would start. The contractions were becoming overwhelming and each one was getting harder to get through. At about 6 am I was feeling so frustrated because I knew I had been in transition for at least 3 hours and possibly longer, and yet I didn’t feel like I was making any further progress. I went upstairs and tried a shower again, but this time the water hitting my back during a contraction did not feel good at all. Once I got out, I asked Chuck if he thought it would be okay if we called our birth class instructor Lorrie for advice. He thought it would be fine, so we called. She suggested that we might want to be checked out by a midwife friend of hers. I immediately said yes – I wanted desperately to know how dilated I was, because I knew I tiring rapidly. The midwife, Karen, stopped by at 7:30am to see how I was progressing. She said I was at 9 cm and offered to break my water. I said yes, and she broke my water during the next two contractions. It was painful, but mostly because I had to lie down during the contractions.

Chuck walked her out and took the dog while I hopped in the birth pool. By the time he came back in, I was having the first pushing contraction. It felt just like you would think – like I had to PUSH! I told Chuck and just began pushing with each contraction. Each push, I felt the baby move down. Within 4 contractions, I felt the baby’s head crown. It was very painful, and I think I screeched. The next contraction I pushed and felt the head slip out. I told Chuck that the head was out and I know he flipped the video camera on to try to catch the birth on camera. Next, I pushed out the baby’s body and it floated to the surface. When I picked the baby up and checked, it was a GIRL! Chuck and I were a bit surprised. Chuck soon made some calls to tell our family, who had been waiting for news since the night before.

After the cord stopped pulsating and went white, Chuck clamped the cord and then cut it. He held our little Abigail until I had delivered the placenta, and then we went upstairs for a rest. Chuck called Mom, since she wanted to come up, and low and behold she was right outside. She had driven up after the first call! They both got me comfortable and Mom cooked me breakfast while Chuck continued to make me more comfortable. Both of us couldn’t stop staring at our little Abigail.

Abigail Layne Nibbana
Born into her Mom and Dad’s arms at 8:18 on April 2, 2007
8 lbs 1 oz
#428 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing Ulti! I'm not sure I have any to sell yet, but I was thinking "how in the world do people know what to put these for sale at?"

Mmm...leche
aaww cute pics!

i talked to a friend and she told me to sell them at 75 % what they are new if they are in good condition, and 50% if they are in ok but not best looking

#429 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 01:31 PM

how beautiful!
i had an unplanned UC birth! baby came so fast my good friend and Husband caught Caroline! Midwife came in about 18 minutes after she was born and helped deliver my placenta! IF ( we aren't tho) i was to have another one i would go UC with some one to come by later and check out the baby for me ( i think our doc would totally do that for me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
That sounds WONDERFUL! So cool.

It was a debatable UC - I had a midwife stop by after ~20+ hours of labor - she checked me and broke my water for me, and left. Here's the story - I never posted it:

On the morning of April 1st, our daughter Ari woke me up by asking to watch TV downstairs. I walked her downstairs and turned on the TV for her. She asked me if today was “14” because she had a birthday party coming up on the 14th of April that she was super excited about. I told her today was the first, and that 14 was still a long way away. She asked “April first?” and I replied that yes, it was. She was overjoyed and said “the baby is coming today!” I explained that the baby would come soon, but that we didn’t know exactly when. She seemed okay with that, and I went back upstairs to get some more sleep. On the way up, I started thinking that April 1st would be a GREAT day to have the baby!

I had felt a few contractions so far that morning, but I had been having them on and off for weeks so it wasn’t a big deal. When I woke again, Chuck and I snuggled and then talked about having the baby that day – we both liked that idea! We began timing the contractions which were about 15 minutes apart. I had really wanted to go to our favorite bagel shop for breakfast, so we went. While there, the contractions started coming closer together at about 7 minutes apart. On the way home, we called Mom to pick up Ari since we felt that labor might be inevitable.

By 2:30 pm contractions were 6 minutes apart and Chuck began filling our birth pool. Within an hour they were 4-5 minutes apart and I was working through them by relaxing on the birth ball. At 5 we went outside to walk and that helped, but it began to sprinkle, so we came back in. The contractions were still 4-5 minutes apart. Over the next few hours, I hopped in the birth pool, walked, showered, and used the birth ball. The contractions were still about 4 minutes apart, but every hour they became more intense.

By 10 pm, I was having a tough time with each contraction. I think I may have been about 6-8 cm dilated by how I was feeling. I hopped into the birth pool and the contractions spaced out for a bit, but I was reluctant to get out because it was relaxing, and the contractions were pretty painful.

As it neared midnight, Chuck and I realized that baby was NOT coming on April 1st. I decided that a shower might be nice, so upstairs we went. The shower felt great, but eventually it got to be too much and I got out. We were both exhausted, so we lay down in the bed to get rest. Unfortunately, the contractions felt worse lying down in bed, so I got up and went downstairs around 3am. Downstairs I could lean against the back of the couch during each contraction – for some reason this felt better than everything else. The contractions quickly sped up to about 2 minutes apart and 1 minute or more in length, so there were times that I would have less than a minute before the next one would start. The contractions were becoming overwhelming and each one was getting harder to get through. At about 6 am I was feeling so frustrated because I knew I had been in transition for at least 3 hours and possibly longer, and yet I didn’t feel like I was making any further progress. I went upstairs and tried a shower again, but this time the water hitting my back during a contraction did not feel good at all. Once I got out, I asked Chuck if he thought it would be okay if we called our birth class instructor Lorrie for advice. He thought it would be fine, so we called. She suggested that we might want to be checked out by a midwife friend of hers. I immediately said yes – I wanted desperately to know how dilated I was, because I knew I tiring rapidly. The midwife, Karen, stopped by at 7:30am to see how I was progressing. She said I was at 9 cm and offered to break my water. I said yes, and she broke my water during the next two contractions. It was painful, but mostly because I had to lie down during the contractions.

Chuck walked her out and took the dog while I hopped in the birth pool. By the time he came back in, I was having the first pushing contraction. It felt just like you would think – like I had to PUSH! I told Chuck and just began pushing with each contraction. Each push, I felt the baby move down. Within 4 contractions, I felt the baby’s head crown. It was very painful, and I think I screeched. The next contraction I pushed and felt the head slip out. I told Chuck that the head was out and I know he flipped the video camera on to try to catch the birth on camera. Next, I pushed out the baby’s body and it floated to the surface. When I picked the baby up and checked, it was a GIRL! Chuck and I were a bit surprised. Chuck soon made some calls to tell our family, who had been waiting for news since the night before.

After the cord stopped pulsating and went white, Chuck clamped the cord and then cut it. He held our little Abigail until I had delivered the placenta, and then we went upstairs for a rest. Chuck called Mom, since she wanted to come up, and low and behold she was right outside. She had driven up after the first call! They both got me comfortable and Mom cooked me breakfast while Chuck continued to make me more comfortable. Both of us couldn’t stop staring at our little Abigail.

Abigail Layne Nibbana
Born into her Mom and Dad’s arms at 8:18 on April 2, 2007
8 lbs 1 oz

#430 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
aaww cute pics!

i talked to a friend and she told me to sell them at 75 % what they are new if they are in good condition, and 50% if they are in ok but not best looking
That's what I was just going to suggest! It really bothers me when people try to sell something used that's the same price (or more!) than they are new. I almost want to message those people to let them know why their diapers aren't selling!
#431 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:06 PM

arismomkoofie- that is a beautiful story! 4 pushing contractions! wow
I think I must have had a million on top of each other with one starting before the last was done.
#432 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Ion and I just got out of bed after 14 hours of fevers. I think I broke 3 of them and he 1. He was so floppy and I was terrified for him. He crawled up on my pillow to sleep on an angle to breath better. He's perfect now except for a running nose and a cough here and there. I'm still crumby.
#433 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
aaww cute pics!

that sounds good!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#434 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Hi all-

On another exciting note---Noah is CRAWLING!!! Started on his 9-month birthday. Wow-I just looked at the calendar and Andy started at 7 months. Noah started solids at 7 months, where as, Andy had no interest until he popped his first tooth at 9 months. Interesting! And today he finally got down feeding himself. He is such a little bird! I just feed him whatever we eat, he likes that. What do you suggest we feed him while I am working? I work outside the home once a week, at night, during his bedtime. So getting him to sleep is VERY difficult for my mom/the sitter. He WILL NOT take a bottle of BM. It all keeps going to waste. And I hate to pump anyway. Do you think a little juice or cow's milk would be alright once a week?

congrats! good for you! btw, i was curious what you did in india for six months?? i wish i would have done more traveling pre-kids.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#435 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Mmm...leche
cute! nice nursing pic

#436 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:38 PM

arismom-- what a great birth story. i don't think it's a debatable uc...definately sounds like one to me!

#437 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Ion and I just got out of bed after 14 hours of fevers. I think I broke 3 of them and he 1. He was so floppy and I was terrified for him. He crawled up on my pillow to sleep on an angle to breath better. He's perfect now except for a running nose and a cough here and there. I'm still crumby.
oh that is horrible! take care of yourself! i'm glad he's doing much better...hope you feel better soon too!

#438 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 05:29 PM

Kelsi, that is a beautiful story! Why do you say it was debatable? You planned to do a UC-right? It sounds like one to me! Tell me, if you will, how you came to the decision-of course I have to ask-weren't you scared? How did you get Chuck on board? Was Ari a HB? I have so many ?s...I'll stop there!

And Ulti-way to go mama!!!

I want to take some nursing pics-I only have a couple of each kid. I am the pic-taker. Thanks for the idea to do a self-portrait. I will post mine soon.
#439 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM

UltimateSerj and arismomkoofie, did either of your babe's have the cord wrapped? Was it any problem? Ion's was wrapped around his neck once and his body a couple times and the midwife just zipzipzipped it off as quick as can be as the baby surfed out. That's really what's holding us back from UC, we don't know if we could handle it fast enough if we get another like that.
#440 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
UltimateSerj and arismomkoofie, did either of your babe's have the cord wrapped? Was it any problem? Ion's was wrapped around his neck once and his body a couple times and the midwife just zipzipzipped it off as quick as can be as the baby surfed out. That's really what's holding us back from UC, we don't know if we could handle it fast enough if we get another like that.
i hear ya... kaylo inhaled mucus when he was born (needed oxygen) and i just don't think adam and i could have handled the situation as fast as our mw did. i think things like that are hard to move past.

but i really love my mw and the support she gives me during labor, so i'm not really thinking uc at all now. i just thought i'm chim in.

#441 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot to say - beautiful story Arismom! I can't believe in 3mos these babies will be a year old...where does time go?

Yeah, I only have a few precious nursing pics so I decided to do it myself.

I thought I would leave Johnny in the church nursery with a bottle of EBM (he does fine in the nursery, but usually they just page me to nurse him). Horrible idea, they paged me and when I got to him he was screaming hysterically, evidently they had tried to feed him the bottle and he had totally refused it (luckily the mama in there knows I BF and BF all hers and only one of them was ever willing to take a bottle so she knew what was going on)...he nursed right away for a good 20mins.

Are any other babes (that get bottles somewhat regularly at least) doing this? We have been trying different nipples and stuff, the latest is the breastflow, but it doesn't work obviously so I guess I have to decide if I want to keep investing in trying different bottles or just going to a cup - but I'm not sure if he will drink BM or even formula from a cup. I just have no idea why he is getting like this all of the sudden...up until this past month he has taken any bottle offered except soothies.

OH and I'm about to head out to dinner with some mamas but I am soooooooooo procrastinating about the COLD...it's FREEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!!!!!! : : : : : :
#442 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 07:47 PM

Thanks for sharing your birth story, arismom!

I'm very undecided on what route to go when it comes to the birth of our next child. We had a birth-center-turned-hospital birth with Scout. (Acually not really a birth center - more like just a house where my licensed mw and her partner have their offices and allow clients to birth there for ant extra fee) I was fully dilated but Scout's head was just not descending and I pushed for more than 3 hours straight. I ended up getting dehydrated and didn't have any energy left to push, so we went across the street to the hospital to get IV fluids. I did end up pushing her out naturally after I regained some strength. I can't help but wonder what would've happened if I wouldn't have had access to the IV fluids. Maybe I could've done it without the IV fluids....but what if I wouldn't have had the strength to go on? I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but now I'm paranoid about birthing outside of a hospital. (btw, licensed mw's in my state are not allowed to administer IV's)

Anyway, in my heart, I would love to have a homebirth...but as of now, my mind just can't get past the "what-if's". Good thing we're not planning on getting pregnant again anytime soon, so I can just go on being all wishy-washy about it.
#443 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:

2 of my 3 older kids had Cords around their necks and Caroline had her whole body wrapped up, my friend who caught her just made sure it wasn't tight as she was born. I think its pretty normal and nothing to be scared of, yes sometimes scary things happen with it but i think that its not as big a deal as some Drs/mws/people make it out to be
maybe i am lucky but none of mine ever needed to be suctioned or need any o2, even still thats why up intill had her i wanted a mw and thought that UC was crazy and that i would never do THAT! lol then it happend on its own and it all came out so nice and my MW is so expensive now! and that is why i would like for our doc to be there to check baby out when it would be born ( not that that will ever happen and i could still change my mind on planning a UC if i was ever to have another one!)

#444 of 712 Old 01-20-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Kelsi, that is a beautiful story! Why do you say it was debatable? You planned to do a UC-right? It sounds like one to me! Tell me, if you will, how you came to the decision-of course I have to ask-weren't you scared? How did you get Chuck on board? Was Ari a HB? I have so many ?s...I'll stop there!
Debatable because there was medical intervention. The UC was planned. I mentioned it to Chuck one day early in the pregnancy as a lark, and he asked if it was possible. I said yes, and after reading a bit he liked the idea. He's a do-it-yourself type of guy! I liked the idea because Ari was a birth center turned hospital birth when I was almost 2 weeks late and they insisted on an ultrasound. I was "low on fluid" and told I needed to be induced immediately. the induction sucked - pitocin caused ctx on top of one another and I didn't dilate very fast. People kept coming in and out of the room, asking if everything was fine, and of course I said yes and tried to act like it didn't hurt so much. Long story short, I got an epi and relaxed and dilated quickly. I figured out that I don't like people to see me in pain, and this is the reason I liked the idea of UC. One thing I figured out was that once I was way into the labor, I didn't care if the mw say me - I was completely naked when she stopped by, and now I am more comfortable with the idea of someone there besides Chuck.

Surprisingly I was not really scared. My Bradley teacher really gave us a lot of information about what the signs of problems were and when to do, when to go to the hosp, ect.

Quote:
I didn't see the cord around Abby's neck. When her head was out I touched the top but didn't think of feeling for the cord. She was out w/i 20 seconds I think and floated up to the surface and no cord was around her neck then. If I'd had more time I probably would have checked. After almost 24 hours of labor, I think my body was ready for her to pop out! My cord was actually a bit short imo, because it was hard to hold her to my chest comfortably - we cut the cord after just a few minutes. It was white and not pulsing. Once it was cut I was so much more comfortable until I started having bad ctx to deliver the placenta.
#445 of 712 Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 AM

Kelsi- thanks for the beautiful baby story!

LilMomma83: the trick is to feed Johnny before he is awake. What worked for Ellysia at daycare was that she would go down for a nap. They would know that when she was just starting to stir they would heat the bottle up and start feeding her before she woke up. Once she was awake, she was mad and wouldn't eat. Maybe it won't work at church because he is awake. That really will only be a few more months and then they will be able to offer a cracker and some water in a cup to tide him over.

No new exploits form Sophia. I'm not very good at offering her our table food because I'm avoiding exposing her to wheat, milk, and such for now. She loved her broccoli tonight.

She has a terrible cold right now. It made her sleep all night last night. I'm not complaining because lately she has been the one to nurse constantly all night. I woke her up at 4 to nurse and she slept until 9. Good girl!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#446 of 712 Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I
Are any other babes (that get bottles somewhat regularly at least) doing this? We have been trying different nipples and stuff, the latest is the breastflow, but it doesn't work obviously so I guess I have to decide if I want to keep investing in trying different bottles or just going to a cup - but I'm not sure if he will drink BM or even formula from a cup. I just have no idea why he is getting like this all of the sudden...up until this past month he has taken any bottle offered except soothies.
yes... zenon has been getting bottle a couple nights/wk since he was 6 wks old (i work 2 nights/wk) and he is refusing it when he is really tired now. i came home to a screaming baby on sat night--dh said he'd been crying for 1/2 hour (in dh's arms). hopefully he'll either get over it or get full with other foods soon.

#447 of 712 Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Thanks for sharing your birth story, arismom!

I'm very undecided on what route to go when it comes to the birth of our next child. We had a birth-center-turned-hospital birth with Scout. (Acually not really a birth center - more like just a house where my licensed mw and her partner have their offices and allow clients to birth there for ant extra fee) I was fully dilated but Scout's head was just not descending and I pushed for more than 3 hours straight. I ended up getting dehydrated and didn't have any energy left to push, so we went across the street to the hospital to get IV fluids. I did end up pushing her out naturally after I regained some strength. I can't help but wonder what would've happened if I wouldn't have had access to the IV fluids. Maybe I could've done it without the IV fluids....but what if I wouldn't have had the strength to go on? I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but now I'm paranoid about birthing outside of a hospital. (btw, licensed mw's in my state are not allowed to administer IV's)

Anyway, in my heart, I would love to have a homebirth...but as of now, my mind just can't get past the "what-if's". Good thing we're not planning on getting pregnant again anytime soon, so I can just go on being all wishy-washy about it.
it's hard to get over the what-ifs...especially if you feel like you really needed something that was at your hospital birth. i have to say that the mw's i used pushed fluids a lot! i was in labor for 30 hours with kaylo and i remember getting annoyed that they kept asking me to drink (when in reality it was probably once a half hour) and seeing them respond quickly with oxygen for kaylo was really neat b/c they didnt seem very "medical" at all during my pregnancy.

but anyway--it's not bad to feel paranoid to birth out of a hospital...i think a bit of me was even while i preparing for a homebirth the first time (there are many docs/nurses in my family).

#448 of 712 Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 AM

Hey everyone!!
I haven't been on (except for occasional lurking) cause Romi is very demanding these days... Makes MDC hard to get to. Last night she nursed every 1-2 hrs and just exhausted me.

On a happy note: I got a yarn winder!! Especially to wind my wooly gift from Finnsmama so I can make mittens before spring, hehe. I'm finishing a few knitting projects and battling those next.

Kris & Kewpie: I just love reading your blogs, I'm like a loser checking them out every day hoping for an update

Where's Queen?
#449 of 712 Old 01-21-2008, 11:26 AM

Kelsi: Love the birth story!
I would've loved to be at the birthing center for Romi's birth, but the waiting list here is insane. Everyone wants to have a spot, but there's only one in the area. I try to make myself feel better by thinking I would've been transfered to the hospital anyways cause of my pre-e...

mclisa: Romi loves broccoli too, wonder for how long? Liam will not touch it, and he loved it as a baby as well. We're entering another cold-phase here too, after a sick-free january. Glass half full, right?
#450 of 712 Old 01-21-2008, 11:48 AM

I love that our DDC has such a variety of birth experiences. Today's the day I'm going to start writing mine out, good and bad. I've had a body-memory baby for days now, I feel it moving and everything. Hmmm...we also haven't been able to get hold of my SIL and BIL so maaaaaaaybe they had their little one at home.

I was actually just stepping in to tell Queen that I hope she's lurking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page