***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
It is ~freezing~ here, today! Bumping us up!
:

Same here. Tomorrow is suppose to be 10F! I'm excited.

I find out tomorrow night if I have to show up for jury duty on Thursday. I work Wednesday night so that should be sooooo much fun Thursday morning.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
it is freeeeezing here,too, but not a cloud in the sky.
perfect for the full moon tonight. need to go change babe but wanted to post some pics!

walking

close up
kitty in sling
aww!!! how cute!!! so tiny yet so big make me sad that our babies CAN MOVE!! lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 01-23-2008, 11:33 AM

I have 5 minutes to post, Romi is occupied with Liam's music instruments!

Maximom: cute pcture, I can't believe she's really walking!!
Romi has stood unassisted but has yet to take a step. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Her weird scab is going away I know it wasn't eczema since our dermatologist told us (with Liam) that if it doesn't itch, it isn't eczema. And it wasn't itchy at all. She was not bothered in the least by it.

She's still sleeping restlessly and nursing all the time.

I went to the LLL meeting and it was so nice! Romi slept in her stroller going there so she was well rested and a joy. She's such a sweet baby, lots of fun to do activities with since she hardly complains unless she's tired

She is nursing way less during the day, which sucks cause she makes up for it at night. But I can't make her nurse, she just won't. Ok, she's calling me, gotta go!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post

Romi has stood unassisted but has yet to take a step. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Her weird scab is going away I know it wasn't eczema since our dermatologist told us (with Liam) that if it doesn't itch, it isn't eczema. And it wasn't itchy at all. She was not bothered in the least by it.

I went to the LLL meeting and it was so nice! Romi slept in her stroller going there so she was well rested and a joy. She's such a sweet baby, lots of fun to do activities with since she hardly complains unless she's tired

She is nursing way less during the day, which sucks cause she makes up for it at night. But I can't make her nurse, she just won't. Ok, she's calling me, gotta go!
i'm glad the scab is going away!

i've joined you and finnsmama with the crazy nursing at night....just when i thought he was going to be sleeping more (cuz he did for like a week) grrr...i have been so tired. he also doesn't like to nurse much during the day, but doesn't eat much either--then nurses all.night.long.

she'll probably be taking steps soon if she is standing now! wow!

zenon just learned to (ahem) crawl. but still doesn't do it much.

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 01-23-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i'm glad the scab is going away!

i've joined you and finnsmama with the crazy nursing at night....just when i thought he was going to be sleeping more (cuz he did for like a week) grrr...i have been so tired. he also doesn't like to nurse much during the day, but doesn't eat much either--then nurses all.night.long.

she'll probably be taking steps soon if she is standing now! wow!

It's good to know Anika and I aren't alone in our nursathons
Romi eats a ton during the day (when I remember to feed her, wow I'm a bad mom aren't I ) but still nurses like crazy at night.

And hurray for little Z!!! Crawling is the cutest thing ever

ETA: updated my blog with a few pictures!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
perfect for the full moon tonight. need to go change babe but wanted to post some pics!

walking

close up
kitty in sling
so sweet! How long did she spend practices before she walked for real? Ion's been doing 2-3 steps many times a day for weeks and last night he did 9. He really works hard on it but it seems like as soon as realizes he's walking he falls.

Here he is riding one of our neighbour's toys (at our house): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3dcN-0wQoU
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
ETA: updated my blog with a few pictures!
the last one knocked me on my butt! she's so funny
Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 PM

And Ion is a hoot!!! Look at him going on his horse (I think?), I just love the way he just wants to keep on going even though there's a wall in his way
Old 01-23-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
wow, she is walking!! that close up is very sweet--i don't think i've seen a close up of her (have i?) and i love the one of the kitty checking out the sling. your log home looks lovely. happy full moon!
Thanks, we like it, warm and cozy. : Kitty is in the sling again!

Quote:

Love the pics of Romi, the slippers, too! Glad she's finally healing her owwee.

Quote:
be glad of that, Scarlet is starting to get mad when I don't let her open cupboards, I haven't gotten the cupboard locks yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
so sweet! How long did she spend practices before she walked for real? Ion's been doing 2-3 steps many time a day for weeks and last night he did 9. He really works hard on it but it seems like as soon as realized he's walking he falls.

Here he is riding one of our neighbour's toys (at our house): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3dcN-0wQoU
So cute of him riding, he looks so happy!

Well, whenever I posted about her taking 10 steps, she's been going ever since - 2 weeks, I guess? She walks most of the time now and sometimes tries to go faster, it is so darling, I just want to squeeze her all the time!

And hooray for me, I finally figured out how to multi-quote. I'm a geek.

Boys are home, be back later.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:20 PM

Waaaah! I'm tired!!!:yawning: I hope Arlo starts sleeping better soon...he's pointing and laughing at me right now, the little turkey!

I have a question for everyone...
Would you leave your 2yo and 9mo with a 14yo babysitter for a few hours on Friday evening (7:30pm-11ish)so you could go out with your dp and another couple on a much needed night out?
I honestly wouldn't even hesitate, except that evenings are not the easiest part of the day. I mean, she wouldn't likely be able to get them to bed but they would likely get rather cranky by 9:30 or so, kwim? But I really want to go out with dp. We never leave the kids with anyone (only because we don't want to burden anyone...the kids are fine with other people).
We would take the cell phone and would only be 5 min away. I've never left the kids with a teen babysitter before, only with adults.
Wwyd?
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
so sweet! How long did she spend practices before she walked for real? Ion's been doing 2-3 steps many times a day for weeks and last night he did 9. He really works hard on it but it seems like as soon as realizes he's walking he falls.

omgosh, that was cute! Arlo was very interested in Ion just now, he was watching very intently...it's so funny, they make the same noises.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:26 PM

doudat-that pic of Romi with her face pressed against the glass is a classic! I really did laugh out loud.
I can't believe these babies walking and standing! Although, I think Arlo is close to standing...maybe.
He's definitely gotten crawling down. He's fast and curious!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:

walking

close up
kitty in sling
uh-oh, I was just showing Arlo these pics of Scarlet and he was trying to flirt with her! Seriously, he was just talking to her picture!

Old 01-23-2008, 11:39 PM

awww hanno look at him go!!!

and Doudat-Romi is so cute!!! Caroline says hi the same way!!! and she heard romi saying Dadoo and SAID IT! we never say that here but now i am going to start lol!!

Caroline is getting sick... shes fussy and red face and sounding a little horse i hope it passes fast!
Here is a video of her talking! she says ittty itty calling the kitty!
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=MVI_1334.flv

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 AM

Woah-those videos are SO cute!!!!!!!! I can't believe how advanced your babies are! Noah just started crawling. It is so cute-he is so diligent about coordinating each move. He actually came around the corner today to find me. That just warms my heart!

I have just started using a 15 yo to watch the boys once a night. Actually she hasn't done it on her own yet. My mom has been here. Evenings are very difficult, when I am not here. Well, it was pretty easy all week, I changed our routine. I am following Annettemarie's suggestion of 2-3-4. 1st nap is 2 hrs after waking, then next nap is 3 hrs, bed is 4 hours later. It has been about 730 after following these general guidelines. Nights have been easier, too.

Maybe he is just taking a break from teething?!?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Aww! He seems so advanced- stable and coordinated! I don't think Eva could ever do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Waaaah! I'm tired!!!:yawning: I hope Arlo starts sleeping better soon...he's pointing and laughing at me right now, the little turkey!

Would you leave your 2yo and 9mo with a 14yo babysitter for a few hours on Friday evening (7:30pm-11ish)so you could go out with your dp and another couple on a much needed night out?
I honestly wouldn't even hesitate, except that evenings are not the easiest part of the day. I mean, she wouldn't likely be able to get them to bed but they would likely get rather cranky by 9:30 or so, kwim? But I really want to go out with dp. We never leave the kids with anyone (only because we don't want to burden anyone...the kids are fine with other people).
We would take the cell phone and would only be 5 min away. I've never left the kids with a teen babysitter before, only with adults.
Wwyd?
A
I would, I would try it anyway. If you feel comfortable with her, and her capability, then yes, especially with a cell and close by. You might be surprised by how their evening goes, but then again, you might get called. Sometimes kids can be quite accomodating without mommy/daddy. I think it's high time you got out! Sounds like it would be great!

Doudat- cute pics on the blog- loved the video of Romi after the coffee- and the pic. Gotta say, though, you I'm totally lost with the french posts.

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-24-2008, 01:13 AM

Evangeline has started taking steps while holding onto things- it's so cute. She's still trying to crawl, but not having too much luck getting that booty to move. Her new favourite thing is to sit up from lying down- she does it immediately, and her crib is the newest funnest place, not the relaxing area where she naps. She's constantly standing up at the rails. Yesterday she fell asleep folded in half sitting, with her head propped agianst the rails- it was hilarious.

Eva seems wetter than usual- and tell me this- could we have a phantom yeast issue? Sometimes her bumbum smells yeasty, and sometimes her wet diapers smell fishy. That sounds gross just typing it out. But no whiteness in her mouth, nipples are fine, I"m fine...?? Any ideas? Or just what she's eating coming through her pee?

Hey I missed you guys! It's good to be back!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-24-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Doudat- cute pics on the blog- loved the video of Romi after the coffee- and the pic. Gotta say, though, you I'm totally lost with the french posts.

A
Yup and it's pretty hard to stalk her on facebook too since I can't understand it...

hehehe

Old 01-24-2008, 01:59 AM

Oh and Queen, I literally laughed out loud when I read about Eva falling asleep folded in half. It's so funny when they just fall asleep wherever! Arlo has not done that yet, but once when Finn was little I was doing a client's hair and he was in the jolly jumper and we noticed things were rather quiet and when I looked down at him, he was totally passed out...how you go from jumping to sleeping is beyond me!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Wwyd?
A
well, if it helps--i was a 14yo sitter of a 2yo and a baby and i think i did pretty good... i'd watch them for longer and later than that. this sounds funny but i've met a couple of young teens who remind me of me with kids and i was tempted to use them as sitters.
if she seems good with them, i'd go for it--especially if you are so close!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:

oh my--he is not 9 mo!! i can't believe that! we got kaylo a similar horse when he turned 1 and he couldn't ride it for months after that

Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post

and Doudat-Romi is so cute!!! Caroline says hi the same way!!! and she heard romi saying Dadoo and SAID IT! we never say that here but now i am going to start lol!!

Caroline is getting sick... shes fussy and red face and sounding a little horse i hope it passes fast!
so cute! i hope that she gets better soon!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Evangeline has started taking steps while holding onto things- it's so cute. She's still trying to crawl, but not having too much luck getting that booty to move. Her new favourite thing is to sit up from lying down- she does it immediately, and her crib is the newest funnest place, not the relaxing area where she naps. She's constantly standing up at the rails. Yesterday she fell asleep folded in half sitting, with her head propped agianst the rails- it was hilarious.

Eva seems wetter than usual- and tell me this- could we have a phantom yeast issue? Sometimes her bumbum smells yeasty, and sometimes her wet diapers smell fishy. That sounds gross just typing it out. But no whiteness in her mouth, nipples are fine, I"m fine...?? Any ideas? Or just what she's eating coming through her pee?

Hey I missed you guys! It's good to be back!
A
oh, i'd like to see a picture of that sleeping pose!
hmmm, not sure about her bum--is there a rash?? my kids get fierce rashes when there is yeast--but maybe it's different with the females?? i know they can have yeasty issues on their heinies without thrush in their mouths.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:21 PM

Eva asleep slouched on the bed makes me giggle!! You should've taken a picture!!!

And the french posts on my blog: No choice, people complain that I'm a sell-out if I don't stick to french. Although I'm not so sure they read my blog that religiously

Finn: definitely go. What's the worst that can happen? The kids will give her hell and won't sleep. Big deal. Even if she calls you back home at least you would've had a couple of kid-free hours. Worth it IMO. I would love to have a teen to watch the kiddos once in a while. I'm envious.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Romi is like that too. I guess being a girl and wet (meaning in pee ) can make them smell a bit... I don't think it's yeast, I think they have crevasses that don't really dry all that well. I let Romi air out for 15 minutes or so between diaper change and it makes a world of difference.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post

Caroline is a doll!! Funny how our kids make the same noises, even if we speak different languages, or are on the other side of the globe. I hope she feels better soon : And dadou is the funniest word ever! We say it all the time. Liam named his elephant mr Dadou so we have the word immortalized in plastic here
Old 01-24-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:

A

I think it really depends on the person and their capability. 14 is a very different age from one teen to the next. Some are well on their way to adulthood and some are still very much children. If you know him or her and feel they could handle it, I say go for it.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Romi is like that too. I guess being a girl and wet (meaning in pee ) can make them smell a bit... I don't think it's yeast, I think they have crevasses that don't really dry all that well. I let Romi air out for 15 minutes or so between diaper change and it makes a world of difference.
Good to know- no, there's no rash at all kris, so . ( I hope that's a smiley, if it's not, it should be) Axel never really smelled that way- he gets more of a 'stinky bum' we call it. I'll have to let Eva 'air' more often- but what position allows air to flow freely in all those canyons?? I'll have to let her move around I guess.

Anika- are you going to go out??

Sigh. I wonder if I am a bit depressed. Since the fall. Maybe it's sleep related. I'm just having a tough time with everything- painting is like pulling teeth, I'm trying to figure out how I can make all this work, it's unsettling to think of the future b/c I want more kids, but I'm really struggling with working out time to work, and setting goals for my career. I'm lacking in motivation for most things, I can't stick to my devotionals, I'm unusually crabby and sensitive. Could be my hormones wreaking havoc. I don't know. I remember that feeling of pure joy most of the time last summer, and from that point backwards, and I sure don't have that now, or only periodically. If I am it's very mild, and I should employ the natural ways of fighting it- get outdoors, sun, exercise etc. Any other suggestions? I feel the need for anther coffee after I finish the first (two- large mug) and I eat a lot of dark chocolate for extra perks during the day. Anyway. Maybe I just needed to get that out there.

A

Old 01-24-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
And the french posts on my blog: No choice, people complain that I'm a sell-out if I don't stick to french. Although I'm not so sure they read my blog that religiously
I'm very proud of myself for understanding them
Old 01-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Sigh. I wonder if I am a bit depressed. Since the fall. Maybe it's sleep related. I'm just having a tough time with everything- painting is like pulling teeth, I'm trying to figure out how I can make all this work, it's unsettling to think of the future b/c I want more kids, but I'm really struggling with working out time to work, and setting goals for my career. I'm lacking in motivation for most things, I can't stick to my devotionals, I'm unusually crabby and sensitive. Could be my hormones wreaking havoc. I don't know. I remember that feeling of pure joy most of the time last summer, and from that point backwards, and I sure don't have that now, or only periodically. If I am it's very mild, and I should employ the natural ways of fighting it- get outdoors, sun, exercise etc. Any other suggestions? I feel the need for anther coffee after I finish the first (two- large mug) and I eat a lot of dark chocolate for extra perks during the day. Anyway. Maybe I just needed to get that out there.

A
maybe it's the season? personally i've been feeling anxious and nervous about things that never worried me before (death, etc) and i don't know if it's partially my age (like a natural phase you go through)...
i definitely think enjoying the things that bring joy (coffee/chocolate/etc) is a good thing to do. february always seems like the hardest month to get through (cold and dark and tired of winter)...maybe that does have something to do with it.

i hear ya about kids and all. i want more too but can't seem to get organized with 2 (granted we live in 400sqft and this house is not ours--if we can buy it, we can get the lead out and use the upstairs too). dh and i want to do so much but can't seem to get anything done.

sending you lots of positive, motivating vibes! : and s too

User Tag List