***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#541 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
I second that! Even the 'drives me nuts' part!
Me, too! And now his partner is out of town for a week, so dh is on "vacation".

Oh well, I do give him credit in the kitchen. We have a surplus of eggs so I suggested custard. We finished the last of the creme caramel he made tonight. : I'll have to think of more suggestions , hmmmm, souffle?
#542 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 AM

Our babes are going through so many changes right now, growing teeth, working their immune systems, tasting, touching, moving, finding their will, it is truly remarkable to witness. At whatever rate they go, enjoy these moments and watch them unfold before your very eyes. Behold, the power of nature!

Whoa, what'm I on?! :
#543 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 AM

Off to read my book, night night. :tired
#544 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Our babes are going through so many changes right now, growing teeth, working their immune systems, tasting, touching, moving, finding their will, it is truly remarkable to witness. At whatever rate they go, enjoy these moments and watch them unfold before your very eyes. Behold, the power of nature!

Whoa, what'm I on?! :
Heehee that made me laugh for some reason! Just poking my head in, letting ya'll know I'm here For the last couple days we've had to do baby torture a.k.a. bulb syringe for snot, for some deep down icky stuff.
Mainly, I just feel like most of you were saying; like there's not enough hours in the day, and the hours I get aren't very fun. I can't wait for spring and summer. I am ordering my seeds for my very first REAL garden. Last year we just got what the previous owners left in the ground for us (I don't think that really counts). Alright, going to bed.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#545 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Me, too! And now his partner is out of town for a week, so dh is on "vacation".

Oh well, I do give him credit in the kitchen. We have a surplus of eggs so I suggested custard. We finished the last of the creme caramel he made tonight. : I'll have to think of more suggestions , hmmmm, souffle?
wow! we have a major surplus too (like 15/day ). i wish he'd make me some creme caramel :

Quote:

Whoa, what'm I on?! :
it is really amazing...makes me want another right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkajean View Post
Heehee that made me laugh for some reason! Just poking my head in, letting ya'll know I'm here For the last couple days we've had to do baby torture a.k.a. bulb syringe for snot, for some deep down icky stuff.
Mainly, I just feel like most of you were saying; like there's not enough hours in the day, and the hours I get aren't very fun. I can't wait for spring and summer. I am ordering my seeds for my very first REAL garden. Last year we just got what the previous owners left in the ground for us (I don't think that really counts). Alright, going to bed.
hi rivka!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#546 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Off to read my book, night night. :tired
what are you reading??

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#547 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 11:49 AM

i forgot to say... we don't have a tub, so i take the boys in the shower with me. yesterday, while showering kaylo, he said "your na-nas are wibbly" and then had to show me that they were wibbly. and

#548 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
i forgot to say... we don't have a tub, so i take the boys in the shower with me. yesterday, while showering kaylo, he said "your na-nas are wibbly" and then had to show me that they were wibbly. and
oh my! the sacrifices we make for having babies-- I never considered the wibbly na-nas
#549 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Noah has the GI bug...pukey yesterday, diarhea today. Be back later, if I get a little break...just so tired! As many of you know! If it isn't teething, they are sick.
#550 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
what are you reading??
Gone with the Wind

Quote:
wibbly, !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Noah has the GI bug...pukey yesterday, diarhea today. Be back later, if I get a little break...just so tired! As many of you know! If it isn't teething, they are sick.
Hope he's better soon, no fun.
#551 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Well, we're going out tonight! Woo-hoo! Our babysitter (her name is Anika!) came over last night to hang out with the kids for an hour with us here, and I have total confidence that she'll be fine. In fact, I think she's probably better at it than me, . But she likely gets more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, so...
I am so excited to get out, hopefully I can stay awake for the show. We are going to see the Arrogant Worms.

Quote:
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Oh that sucks...we are just getting over colds here, but thankfully no flu bugs...Hope you can get a break.

And hanno, I:you too!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#552 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 02:38 PM

By the way, Scarlet is really enjoying the oatmeal we share in the morning. Makes for very manageable poops.

And she did the cutest thing last night - I was trying to distract her from bugging Max, so I told her to show her cup (she had a sippy in her hands) to Daddy. She walked over to Daddy and showed him!
#553 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Have fun, Anika!
#554 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 08:24 PM

Carolines sicky, horrible night last night she was up every hour tossing and turning most of the time wouldn't nurse i took her to our dr this afternoon since its friday and i wanted to see her not someone at urgent care, she said one ear had fluid and the other was a bit red and asked what i wanted to do and said she would give me antib's if i think she needs them and i said yes because she is so unhappy and i know how fast Haileys Ears went from fluid to flaming infection so i want to be safe not sorry lol i do need to get some probotics this weekend if i can get out!

dinner is almost done and i am hopping for sleep tonight

hope the other babies are feeing ok today

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#555 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Carolines sicky, horrible night last night she was up every hour tossing and turning most of the time wouldn't nurse i took her to our dr this afternoon since its friday and i wanted to see her not someone at urgent care, she said one ear had fluid and the other was a bit red and asked what i wanted to do and said she would give me antib's if i think she needs them and i said yes because she is so unhappy and i know how fast Haileys Ears went from fluid to flaming infection so i want to be safe not sorry lol i do need to get some probotics this weekend if i can get out!

dinner is almost done and i am hopping for sleep tonight

hope the other babies are feeing ok today
hope it makes a difference quick!
seems like we are all getting our turn with sick kiddos--makes me long for spring/summer

#556 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM

hope you are having a great time, anika!

#557 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
hope you are having a great time, anika!
nak
not quite yet! tbh, i'm soooooo tired tonight, i wish i was just going somewhere to sleep for a few hours!
but finn is being a total pita, so i'll be glad to get away from him for a few hours.: i hope he is good for thw sitter at least!

#558 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
nak
not quite yet! tbh, i'm soooooo tired tonight, i wish i was just going somewhere to sleep for a few hours!
but finn is being a total pita, so i'll be glad to get away from him for a few hours.: i hope he is good for thw sitter at least!
It does look like a very fun time. Enjoy!
#559 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 10:45 PM

: why don't we have a raging blizzard smiley- that would describe my physical and emotional state! argh- can't get out of these winter blues!:

Anika- hope you have a GREAT time tonight! boy I wish I was you!

Sorry about Caroline's ear issue- hope she feels better soon.

What are you all doing tonight? Big fat nothing here!

I was really hoping that the Business of Being Born was going to come to my area, but so far it's only in 2 locations in Ontario. THAT would be a great date night!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#560 of 712 Old 01-25-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I was really hoping that the Business of Being Born was going to come to my area, but so far it's only in 2 locations in Ontario. THAT would be a great date night!
A
Would your husband agree? We were going to go to one an hour away next weekend but if we wait a month it'll be in our town. Mine seems interested.

We've all talked with my sil's fetus and he/she has agreed to come out just after midnight on the 28th so we can share a birthday She's 85% effaced and 1cm dilated.
#561 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 01:45 AM

Oh Hanno, I'm so jealous of you getting to hold a tiny newborn

Anika: hope you have a great night tonight!! I'm sure the kids will be fine. I'm sure Finn will be a doll with the sitter, I know often when Liam is a pita with me, he's actually is lovely with other people. Go figure.

Queen: I feel kinda yucky lately too . Like I'm getting post-partum blues all over again. I feel fat. I feel trapped in the house. I can't seem to get active. I nap almost everyday with Romi. I'm sure lack of night sleep isn't helping.

Plus my nipples are sore like she's sucking to hard on them. It's like her latch is off... Which is weird cause I never had sore nipples with her before (and it's not sore as in thrush, more sore as in bad latch). I wonder if this means she really teething since we still have no teeth here. I doubt it's AF since they're not tender to the touch, just sore when she nurses... :

I hope Caroline feels better soon :
#562 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Kaylo's a funny one!!! He totally cracks me up

Liam always tell me that I have a big butt when I get in the bath with him "maman a des grosses fesses, moi j'ai des petites fesses"
Thanks hon.
#563 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I feel kinda yucky lately too . Like I'm getting post-partum blues all over again. I feel fat. I feel trapped in the house. I can't seem to get active. I nap almost everyday with Romi. I'm sure lack of night sleep isn't helping.

Plus my nipples are sore like she's sucking to hard on them. It's like her latch is off... Which is weird cause I never had sore nipples with her before (and it's not sore as in thrush, more sore as in bad latch). I wonder if this means she really teething since we still have no teeth here. I doubt it's AF since they're not tender to the touch, just sore when she nurses... :
last night i felt particularly post-partum bluesy...i think it is lack of sleep that plays a big role in it...and eating too for me. blood sugar or something b/c i perked up a bit after dinner. i didn't quite realize it until we all started talking about it, but i've lost a lot of motivation too...i haven't knit in a long time, or crafted at all. it's just blah. it's nice you get some time to rest--i think napping when she naps is great!

does she do that pull away while sucking thing? zenon does that occasionally but it leaves me sore for days sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Kaylo's a funny one!!! He totally cracks me up

Liam always tell me that I have a big butt when I get in the bath with him "maman a des grosses fesses, moi j'ai des petites fesses"
Thanks hon.
that's pretty bad

#564 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
: why don't we have a raging blizzard smiley- that would describe my physical and emotional state! argh- can't get out of these winter blues!:

A

#565 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 09:16 AM

i wish dh would see business of being born with me (no clue if it's around me or not...well nothing is ever near me...but i guess i mean somewhere in vt). he'd probably like watching it at home--but he doesn't like to go to movies at all.

hanno and queen--hope you get it see it with your dhs

#566 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 AM

Sorry I haven't been posting. For some reason, this site won't pull up at work. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

The sickies haven't avoided us. Claire has strep (why she was wheezing, not sure). She and Sophia have very stinky poopy diapers. Sophia was dry yesterday morning and barely drank anything yesterday. She had energy last night. When she got up at 2 she was dry. If she's still dry this morning, I'm probably going to the ER so she can get an IV.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#567 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 03:09 PM

mclisa-I hope everything is okay with Sophie.

Well, things went great with the sitter last night. She actually had the kids both in bed by the time we got home! I guess Arlo freaked out for about 20min because he was tired and wouldn't take a bottle, but fell asleep in her arms eventually. Finn also went to bed no problem as long as he had a "gawrar" (granola bar) in a ziplock-seriously, that has replaced either Trent or I laying down with him!
I think I may hire her for a couple of evenings a week or for a few hours on a weekend here or there so dp and I can spend some time together. I wish Arlo would take a bottle though....
The show itself was okay-funny for the first hour but then kind of boring. However, we were in box seats and got free booze! Woohoo!
And I got 4 straight hours of sleep last night and Trent took the kids to the market and I got another 3 hours so I feel like a million bucks today.

A

#568 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 03:11 PM

Oh, and I'm dying to see the Business of Being Born. Are there screenings in Canada yet?

#569 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Sorry I haven't been posting. For some reason, this site won't pull up at work. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

The sickies haven't avoided us. Claire has strep (why she was wheezing, not sure). She and Sophia have very stinky poopy diapers. Sophia was dry yesterday morning and barely drank anything yesterday. She had energy last night. When she got up at 2 she was dry. If she's still dry this morning, I'm probably going to the ER so she can get an IV.
Oh I'm so sorry! I'm hope she doesn't have to have IV, that would be so confusing for a little one.
#570 of 712 Old 01-26-2008, 03:49 PM

Tired of Ion videos yet?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EK51IGiwGjE

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page