***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 02:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HANNO!! Your hubby's sweet

Welcome, Zoobabies! Your little guy sounds like a sweetie!
#662 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 11:19 AM

Have you guys seen this? It made me chuckle!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8PXuocdO8
'Why moms can't do yoga'

So I took the kids to the dr yesterday- doudat you were right! But I'm glad I went anyway- she slept so much yesterday. She was wasted. Last night she got up 1 at 2am to nurse, but did a sh*tty job cuz she couldn't breathe, and only on one side. So I woke up with rock-hard boob, which she nursed a bit on at 7:30. I was so tired last night at 2. You know sometimes you get up and you're just awake? Other times you feel like a zombie? Last night was zombie.
The dr did send me home with a urine collection kit- we're going to test her urine to make sure that fishy smell isn't a uti. He also said maybe we shouldn't have given her the shot last monday. Where's the giant 'duh'!! smiley???

I'm going to load some photos today. I promise.

Hanno! What's going on!!!???
A
ps- I don't swear in real life.(much) Really. But sometimes in type/print it just needs to be there.

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#663 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
'Why moms can't do yoga'

So I took the kids to the dr yesterday- doudat you were right! But I'm glad I went anyway- she slept so much yesterday. She was wasted. Last night she got up 1 at 2am to nurse, but did a sh*tty job cuz she couldn't breathe, and only on one side. So I woke up with rock-hard boob, which she nursed a bit on at 7:30. I was so tired last night at 2. You know sometimes you get up and you're just awake? Other times you feel like a zombie? Last night was zombie.
The dr did send me home with a urine collection kit- we're going to test her urine to make sure that fishy smell isn't a uti. He also said maybe we shouldn't have given her the shot last monday. Where's the giant 'duh'!! smiley???

A
ps- I don't swear in real life.(much) Really. But sometimes in type/print it just needs to be there.
glad it went ok at docs! hope she feels better soon
what shot?? i don't remember
that's a cute video

and yes, WHAT's going on, HANNO!?? :

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#664 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Hehe, I won't tell anyone
I have one SOS and it's a knit print (giraffe) and I love it. I read that the woven ones don't stretch as much so don't fit chubby babies (aka romi or zenon) that well... So if you can get a knit, go for it. If not, I'd pass. I know there was a few knit ones on FSOT but the are pretty rare as most SOS are woven.

How do you like your Mutt?
i like the mutt a lot. good to know about the SOS.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#665 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ZooBabies~ View Post
Sure!

Asher's nick name is "Ash-man" or "Curious George" Mostly just "Ash"
He is the most cuddly, laid back babe you can imagine. He is still nursing and getting used to solids a little, just seems a tad uninterested. We've been letting him feed himself, and it's going okay!

He loves patti-cakes and peek-aboo. He can say Dada and Mama and DeeDah (not sure what that is, lol!) and he is now playing the "laying down" game where he'll either tilt his head down and lay down, or tilt his head and smile and we do it back! Too cute! He also loves swirling around the floor w/his big sister while she's on her sit and spin or twirling w/her dollies.

Asher loves picture books, blocks and music. He is just starting to sway and dance when music is on. He is so fast! He crawls too fast sometimes, gotta keep up w/him! He is also trying to stand by himself (without holding on) but he can hold onto the couch and make his way down it super-fast. Walking is just around the corner.

He has curly blond hair (DH and I are both brunettes,lol, well DH has a hint of blondish/brown in his hair, DH had white hair when he was a babe) and he has two teeth on the bottom!

He loves cereal w/fruit and diced carrots and apples.

He is an all around happy, easy going baby! Sweety pie!
he sounds like sweetie! and cute too! (post pics )
i like his name too

#666 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
what shot?? i don't remember
:
I got the last round of the dtap last monday for her- we were spacing it out. I don't know why I (or he!) didn't think to wait longer if she wasn't feeling that great! (I do the dtap and the mmr- although I'm thinking of delaying that one even longer, and maybe breaking it up) Maybe I didn't mention going to the dr- I was annoyed b/c he was pushing the verivax. :
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#667 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 01:16 PM

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!
No baby for my sil and bil yet...they're hoping it wasn't really waters that broke because she's just now losing mucous. My poor bil has been throwing up all yesterday until this morning. Partially a stomach bug but I'm sure partially nerves. Then Ion started projectile vomiting just before we were about to leave for Howell to let bil and sil have the house to themselves so they can do some more private induction measures Well, were in Howell now awaiting news and hoping when the midwife checks it wasn't really the water. Otherwise, it may be castor oil time. My sil has been so calm about everything. Everyone already loves this little one so much! She's ready when the baby is but doesn't want him or her to feel pressured

And, WELCOME ZOOBABIES!!!
#668 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 01:20 PM

Soory that you don't get to share your birthday, hanno. That would have been cool.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#669 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Soory that you don't get to share your birthday, hanno. That would have been cool.
It would have been, but I can understand how comfy it must be in a warm womb during a Michigan winter. :
#670 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
No baby for my sil and bil yet...they're hoping it wasn't really waters that broke because she's just now losing mucous. My poor bil has been throwing up all yesterday until this morning. Partially a stomach bug but I'm sure partially nerves. Then Ion started projectile vomiting just before we were about to leave for Howell to let bil and sil have the house to themselves so they can do some more private induction measures Well, were in Howell now awaiting news and hoping when the midwife checks it wasn't really the water. Otherwise, it may be castor oil time. My sil has been so calm about everything. Everyone already loves this little one so much! She's ready when the baby is but doesn't want him or her to feel pressured

ooh, too bad about the bdays! if it is water--is she supposed to go in then?? i hope it's not then or that she has a chill midwife who is her midwife, btw? my pg friend in holland uses someone from down kalamazoo way.
she sounds like a great mom already

#671 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I got the last round of the dtap last monday for her- we were spacing it out. I don't know why I (or he!) didn't think to wait longer if she wasn't feeling that great! (I do the dtap and the mmr- although I'm thinking of delaying that one even longer, and maybe breaking it up) Maybe I didn't mention going to the dr- I was annoyed b/c he was pushing the verivax. :
A
verivax--is that the all in one one?? we did the dtap with kaylo...it was the only one we did. i think we were really worried about whooping cough b/c there were a lot of cases near us that winter. i'm still confused what to do with zenon. i hate when docs push things though...grrr. our old one did too--but luckily i found a new doc who's chill.

#672 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
'Why moms can't do yoga'

A
to the vid.

Hope Eva's feels better soon, must be awful with a stuffy nose.
#673 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post

keep us posted!
#674 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 10:20 PM

i'm now hooked on another site too. paperbackswap.

my friend does this and loves it. i'm trying it out. it won't be that great if it takes a long time to get some of the books on my wishlist. but it's a pretty cool idea for books that i just want to read and pass on.

hope you all are well!

#675 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 10:23 PM

Queen: glad to hear Eva's ok.

Vaccines: I have 1 booster I'm supposed to get Liam (he was supposed to get it at 18mths)... My doctor is kinda bugging me about doing it, I'm not sure yet. Romi I'm just waiting until she's past 2yrs old and then I guess I'll have to make a decision. I hate the whole vaccine thing, the pros & cons hurt my head.

Romi is sleeping HORRIBLY. She wakes up all the time. I nurse her back to sleep fine, except past 3am. Then she nurses but stays whiny, crying, agitated for the rest of the night. She yells for her binky since, yes people, we still swaddle her cause we can't get her to sleep unswaddled. Our dark swaddling secret : So she's annoyed/annoying/crying/nursing till 6am where, as if we turned on (or off) a switch, she becomes happy once again.

Oh, my blocked duct finally cleared up but my left boob still hurts and now I'm thinking thrush. Cause it burns throughout the feeding, not just at the beginning :

And so this doesn't turn into a huge whinny post, tomorrow I'm going to a babywearing meeting in the area, woo-hoo!! Meeting new moms might make me feel better.
#676 of 712 Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
i'm now hooked on another site too. paperbackswap.

my friend does this and loves it. i'm trying it out. it won't be that great if it takes a long time to get some of the books on my wishlist. but it's a pretty cool idea for books that i just want to read and pass on.

hope you all are well!
What a neat idea! If I had time to read... I'm too busy knitting in my non-baby moments
#677 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 AM

Doudat- I'm sorry you're going through all that boob trouble! And the 3-6 am thing with Romi is bizarre- I would get so frusterated!

So, as promised I will provide pictures of you daily lives here in the castle!
Hm, individual, or link to the photobucket?
for those who just want the direct link to 'it all' http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eenofmycastle/

Evangeline showing off her babylegs made by me!
The longies I made her
I turned around, and this is what I found!
Oh, the bum
The junk in her trunk (she even has a booty in a disposable)
Standing
In the morning
Going for a walk
My beautiful boy
Just a nice smile
What's with my kids and tongues?

#678 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 12:53 AM

your pics are awesome!! i love your kids!! Eva is so FREAKING ADORABLE!!! Eva reminds me of Caroline SO much Caroline is standing in her highchair when i turn around now too lol

Quote:
Doudat- I'm sorry you're going through all that boob trouble! And the 3-6 am thing with Romi is bizarre- I would get so frusterated!

for those who just want the direct link to 'it all' http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n...eenofmycastle/

The longies I made her
Oh, the bum
Standing
In the morning
Going for a walk
My beautiful boy
Just a nice smile

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#679 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 12:59 AM

my update, Caroline is getting better, sleeping better then the weekend and letting me put her down when a sleep now! she is acting more herself, tho still snotty and phlemy and gags and pukes on it blah!
BUT now all my house is getting sick, my throats itchy and so is Dave's,sam is coughing and was running a 104 temp last night, a little better today, and my big girls said that their bellys are achy and they don't feel right.... so yippy my house FREAKING house is sick!

my good friend had her baby today!!! at home! at 10:40 something am! A boy which i told her it would be a boy!! lol she thought for sure a girl ( she has 2 girls and boy already!) he was short and fat! 8lbs 10oz but only 18 inches!! his head was 14inchs and his body was 14 1/2 inches!!! i am so sad that i couldn't Rush on over and see them!! when we are healthy i am making them some dinner and going over to hold that tiny thing!!! they also want to use my infant seat and i still have it!! i hope they have no need to go anywhere right away!

off to bed!! every one have a goodnight!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#680 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 02:30 AM

What great photos! I love the one of Liam in his hat and snowy face. Hilarious with Eva trying to escape the highchair, with belt still attached .
#681 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
my update, Caroline is getting better, sleeping better then the weekend and letting me put her down when a sleep now! she is acting more herself, tho still snotty and phlemy and gags and pukes on it blah!
BUT now all my house is getting sick, my throats itchy and so is Dave's,sam is coughing and was running a 104 temp last night, a little better today, and my big girls said that their bellys are achy and they don't feel right.... so yippy my house FREAKING house is sick!

my good friend had her baby today!!! at home! at 10:40 something am! A boy which i told her it would be a boy!! lol she thought for sure a girl ( she has 2 girls and boy already!) he was short and fat! 8lbs 10oz but only 18 inches!! his head was 14inchs and his body was 14 1/2 inches!!! i am so sad that i couldn't Rush on over and see them!! when we are healthy i am making them some dinner and going over to hold that tiny thing!!! they also want to use my infant seat and i still have it!! i hope they have no need to go anywhere right away!

Sorry hear of the sick house, but glad Caroline is feeling better. Hope you don't get it too badly.

Hooray for your friend! Wow, he must be a little cherub of a baby.
#682 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:

The longies I made her
Oh, the bum
Standing
In the morning
Going for a walk
My beautiful boy
Just a nice smile
what great pictures!! i love the longies you made and the clothes that eva has! that dress in...hmmm...the standing one(??) is adorable! i think she looks just like you in the first one. too cute!

#683 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post

stinks you are all getting sick! that is horrible! sending lots of healthy vibes your way...

but congrats on the your friends' baby--how fun!

#684 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:

The longies I made her
Oh, the bum
Standing
In the morning
Going for a walk
My beautiful boy
Just a nice smile
Great pics Queen...you are all so beautiful! And I love your house. If you ever get down this way I need you to come and help me decorate, !
I love Eva's butt sweater too! I have a couple pairs from a woman at the market and I love them for winter. And that pic of you pulling the sled and Axel pushing the dump truck reminds me of us! Finn is always pushing his dump truck all around town

Well, Arlo is sick too. Our nights are horrible right now and I find myself being really irritable and short tempered. I am even entertaining the thought of going fo a tan just to feel warm and sunny for 5 min.!

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#685 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 01:33 PM

Love the adorable pictures of Eva! Thanks for posting them!

Not more sickies!!! Babies with snotty noses are no fun.

DH and I are going to be social tonight. We'tr going out to dinner with another couple. I roomed with the wife in grad school. They have one little one and wanted to know if we wanted to be just adults or include kids. Ummm, no kids. We're finally getting better and I try to limit Claire's exposure to influnza.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#686 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 08:54 PM

mclisa--hope you are having a great time!

hanno--totally curious about how sil/baby are!!

posted new pics on blog. (my homepage link)

hope you are all having a great night

#687 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 11:32 PM

sure is quiet around here!

Finn'smama- funny about the dump truck!
Although, this is Axel's 2nd. He had one exactly the same, and he and grandma were going for a walk up the road, and they left it on the side of our rural road for a bit while they walked farther, and when they came back it was gone. Crazy because everyone who went by them waved, they weren't a couple thousand feet away, and the 'stealers' HAD to drive by them. He was so sad. So daddy brought a new one home for him one day.

Oh, and I wanted to add- I don't usually wear such a funny outfit. I was wearing a big old blue coat that I like the colour of, but not the fit.
A

#688 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
sure is quiet around here!

Finn'smama- funny about the dump truck!
Although, this is Axel's 2nd. He had one exactly the same, and he and grandma were going for a walk up the road, and they left it on the side of our rural road for a bit while they walked farther, and when they came back it was gone. Crazy because everyone who went by them waved, they weren't a couple thousand feet away, and the 'stealers' HAD to drive by them. He was so sad. So daddy brought a new one home for him one day.

Oh, and I wanted to add- I don't usually wear such a funny outfit. I was wearing a big old blue coat that I like the colour of, but not the fit.
A
well, i thought you looked hot and that sucks about axel's truck....

so the server is too busy to post my reply, so i will add to it..
i put arlo to bed and he was up 20min later so that usually sets the pattern for the night. i really need some sleep ladies the worst thong is that he is inconsolable sometimes, so he cries and cries. i actually gave him some motrin for his teeth, so we'll see if that helps at all. the camillia just wasn't doing anything.

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#689 of 712 Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
!

hanno--totally curious about how sil/baby are!!

posted new pics on blog. (my homepage link)
me too, me too!
where are your new pics on there??

#690 of 712 Old 01-31-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
well, i thought you looked hot and that sucks about axel's truck....

so the server is too busy to post my reply, so i will add to it..
i put arlo to bed and he was up 20min later so that usually sets the pattern for the night. i really need some sleep ladies the worst thong is that he is inconsolable sometimes, so he cries and cries. i actually gave him some motrin for his teeth, so we'll see if that helps at all. the camillia just wasn't doing anything.
laughupthanks, that's whay I'm hoping for, especially when I wear Chad's plaid work jackets.

Oh, I hope you get some! At this age it's wearing us thin, isn't it? I wonder why he cries and cries, now? During the night, too? I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I"m sure you've tried everything. Sometimes I'm so frusterated that Eva's still getting up. And if it's not one thing, it's another (like Axel crying that 'all his toys went down the drain). I want my nights back! But I wish I knew how!
:sleep Arlo, sleep!
A
A

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page