***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, Just chiming in. I'm sleepy and waiting for dinner to be ready. I've got some new pics to post - later, when it's quiet.

Funny thing Max said to Scarlet tonight: "Scarlet don't eat the toilet paper, that's for wiping your thing!"

Queen - Max got that same dump truck for Christmas, he was riding Scarlet around in it. What a strange thing for someone to do on a country road, stealing!

Finn'sMama - Hope you get some sleep tonight, I hate being tired when I have people to take care of!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
laughupthanks, that's whay I'm hoping for, especially when I wear Chad's plaid work jackets.

Oh, I hope you get some! At this age it's wearing us thin, isn't it? I wonder why he cries and cries, now? During the night, too? I wish I could offer some suggestions, but I"m sure you've tried everything. Sometimes I'm so frusterated that Eva's still getting up. And if it's not one thing, it's another (like Axel crying that 'all his toys went down the drain). I want my nights back! But I wish I knew how!
:sleep Arlo, sleep!
A
A
i really think it's his teeth and he has a cold. he still only has the bottom two and he's had them since october, so i have a feeling he may be getting a few. he just can't seem to settle at night right now.
i really just can't wait for spring when i can get the kids (and myself) out for fresh air and sunshine.
he's sleeping in my arms right now, so i guess i should go to bed.
btw queen, it looks like i'll be in ottawa the weekend of feb 16, you should take a road trip and we can both go see doudat! (and anyone else who wants to come! we could have an april ddc convention in montreal! )

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
Old 01-31-2008, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Hi, Just chiming in. I'm sleepy and waiting for dinner to be ready. I've got some new pics to post - later, when it's quiet.

Funny thing Max said to Scarlet tonight: "Scarlet don't eat the toilet paper, that's for wiping your thing!"

Queen - Max got that same dump truck for Christmas, he was riding Scarlet around in it. What a strange thing for someone to do on a country road, stealing!

Finn'sMama - Hope you get some sleep tonight, I hate being tired when I have people to take care of!
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
i really think it's his teeth and he has a cold. he still only has the bottom two and he's had them since october, so i have a feeling he may be getting a few. he just can't seem to settle at night right now.
i really just can't wait for spring when i can get the kids (and myself) out for fresh air and sunshine.
he's sleeping in my arms right now, so i guess i should go to bed.
btw queen, it looks like i'll be in ottawa the weekend of feb 16, you should take a road trip and we can both go see doudat! (and anyone else who wants to come! we could have an april ddc convention in montreal! )
Bla! lost my post too!
Cute- at least he seems protective of her, maximom! Axel's sure figured out the whole rivalry thing!
Finnsmama- Eva's exactly the same with teeth- only 2 and sometimes she sure 'teeths'.
I do have family in Ottawa....are you bringing the kids?
g'night girls!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
sure is quiet around here!

Finn'smama- funny about the dump truck!
Although, this is Axel's 2nd. He had one exactly the same, and he and grandma were going for a walk up the road, and they left it on the side of our rural road for a bit while they walked farther, and when they came back it was gone. Crazy because everyone who went by them waved, they weren't a couple thousand feet away, and the 'stealers' HAD to drive by them. He was so sad. So daddy brought a new one home for him one day.

Oh, and I wanted to add- I don't usually wear such a funny outfit. I was wearing a big old blue coat that I like the colour of, but not the fit.
A
i can't believe that someone took the dumptruck! i thought you looked pretty hot in that outfit too! : i didn't think it was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
well, i thought you looked hot and that sucks about axel's truck....

so the server is too busy to post my reply, so i will add to it..
i put arlo to bed and he was up 20min later so that usually sets the pattern for the night. i really need some sleep ladies the worst thong is that he is inconsolable sometimes, so he cries and cries. i actually gave him some motrin for his teeth, so we'll see if that helps at all. the camillia just wasn't doing anything.
oh anika--i hope that last night went better

Quote:
me too, me too!
where are your new pics on there??
look under my name...it's my "webpage" http://beesbeetsandbabies.blogspot.com

we are *hopefully* going for a hike and out to lunch today. headed out now--talk to you later

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM

Well,I hope everyone had a better night then me!
Eva was up every 2 hours, crying, and eventually nursed, but not necessarily stopped crying. THis morning she puked up some phlegm. Axel's miserable, and I'm on my way to getting it. She's having a real tough time sleeping, even napping, and she's crying about everything.

Kris- love the pics! I was going to your farm webpage, duh. I loooove Zenon's booty- he officially beats Evangeline in the trunk! Don't you just want to sing 'My humps' to him all the time? (lol, not that I listen to that song or Fergie for that matter- I think it's a great song for babies though!)

I'm going to cope today. That's it.

From Axel, up in our bed this morning. With great surprise, 'dere's sompin in my nose! I don't know what it is, sompin's up there! Hm, what is it? It feels wike....a piece ub bread! Toasty bread! From yesterday. At the restaurant!' Puzzlement, satisfaction, wondermeant. All over a snottie.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 PM

Queen! Lovely photos, your sewing skills are awesome and you and your children are beautiful as always

No baby yet. But at least the waters are intact so they don't have to worry about inducing and bil's not throwing up anymore. My sil's been scrubbing my house

Ion's been teething so bad. I was starting to feel bad about being at the inlaw's and having to 'deal with' a bad mood baby and then I looked in his mouth and his terribly swollen upper gum is actually bleeding My poor sweet boy. It must hurt so much!
Old 01-31-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Well,I hope everyone had a better night then me!
Eva was up every 2 hours, crying, and eventually nursed, but not necessarily stopped crying. THis morning she puked up some phlegm. Axel's miserable, and I'm on my way to getting it. She's having a real tough time sleeping, even napping, and she's crying about everything.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:00 PM

Oh, Queen hope you all feel better soon! Wish I could bring you some chicken soup.

Hanno, you all must be so anxious! : Poor little Ion!

Here are some new pics. Disclaimer - Scarlet is in an outfit a family friend from the city bought her. She's all dressed up and no where to go!

I don't want to wear this!
Venturing out
Pushing new computer

the homestead...
Cabin
Roosty and hens
At the back door
Snowy Footprints
Old 01-31-2008, 04:18 PM

your links don't work!!! hurry and fix them!

Quote:
Oh, Queen hope you all feel better soon! Wish I could bring you some chicken soup.

Hanno, you all must be so anxious! : Poor little Ion!

Here are some new pics. Disclaimer - Scarlet is in an outfit a family friend from the city bought her. She's all dressed up and no where to go!

I don't want to wear this!
Venturing out
Pushing new computer

the homestead...
Cabin
Roosty and hens
At the back door
Snowy Footprints

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 01-31-2008, 06:25 PM

Just stopped by to share some pics...

Little troublemaker
Help me!
Soooo close!
My first prefold attempt... suggestions welcome...
Just pitiful...
Just laughable...
First pair of babylegs and Thirsties
Just showing off!

As you can see, we tried our first cloth diapers this week with moderate success. I think I might order some smaller prefolds or some flats though -- the ones we have just seem so bulky! It's weird watching him relearn to sit and crawl and stand with the extra padding on his butt!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
your links don't work!!! hurry and fix them!
Darn it! Try this: http://picasaweb.google.com/littleredhenn/2008

Thanks for letting me know.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:

It works! I love the footprints in the snow. I wish we had snow! Cute pix!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:00 PM

MaxiMom -- She is walking so well!! Micah is NOT allowed to see that! He gets into enough trouble just crawling around She is absolutely adorable thought!

And, I the pic of the footprints in the snow!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
Old 01-31-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
MaxiMom -- She is walking so well!! Micah is NOT allowed to see that! He gets into enough trouble just crawling around She is absolutely adorable thought!

And, I the pic of the footprints in the snow!
Thanks! That's my favorite, too. My boy is getting so big!!

I love little Micah, he seems to be getting around pretty well, too. Love the stairs pic.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:12 AM

Hope all the sick snotty babies are doing better, we've still got loads of snot but we're all sleeping better (is this the tail-end of the cold or just a short break )

Just had to pop in and share these pictures:
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...y/HPIM1490.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...y/HPIM1492.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...y/HPIM1496.jpg
I just uploaded it from the camera and I LOVE THEM!

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 02-01-2008, 01:19 AM

Oooh, I almost forgot,
What are you all doing for food...I'm wondering about our habits, thinking of changing what we're doing...I'd love some advice from some of you with older kids or a plan that works well

Right now we're just feeding her (basically) on-demand still, we don't feed her until she fusses and/or signs for it (solids or BFing), I'm wondering if I should start doing a schedule to help with naps and keeping track of how much she's eating. I get an anxious, frustrated feeling inside when I try to figure out if she's eating enough and wonder if I should try better to keep track or just ignore the voices in my head since she's still gaining and peeing and pooping etc. What do you think?

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

Old 02-01-2008, 02:04 AM

Quote:

soo cute!!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:09 AM

so cute!!!
my take on prefolds lol
i hate prefolds on bigger babies! lol but teally hate pins! lol snappis work great used them on Caroline as newborn and loved them, with my oldest i only had prefolds and never once pinned lol, just folded in thirds and in a Velcro cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
Just stopped by to share some pics...

Little troublemaker
Help me!
Soooo close!
My first prefold attempt... suggestions welcome...
Just pitiful...
Just laughable...
First pair of babylegs and Thirsties
Just showing off!

As you can see, we tried our first cloth diapers this week with moderate success. I think I might order some smaller prefolds or some flats though -- the ones we have just seem so bulky! It's weird watching him relearn to sit and crawl and stand with the extra padding on his butt!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie View Post

shhhhh no snow here i am ready for warm already lol

Old 02-01-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
shhhhh no snow here i am ready for warm already lol
Yeah but since I teach outside of my home, I want those days to stay home with my kids! I don't know if it ever works that we have snow and you don't, but I guess we can both hope! We have a 2 hr delay this am because of ice... it's pretty bad because my heat pump was running loud and when I turned it off I saw ice on the blades of the fan!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:13 PM

the ice is BAD today!! and i totally understand wanting to stay home so i hope its snows soon!!

Old 02-01-2008, 04:41 PM

User Tag List