***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Can I come too? I have to get in a visit with my sister who lives in Ottawa soon....
A
We cross-posted!
Of course you can !!! Come to the Biodome, we'll have a blast :

We actually bought a yearly pass... So now we'll get to go more often!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 PM

So I just got back from the dentist. Had to go for the whole, let me look at your teeth and make sure you really have a problem before I can schedule a real appointment to fix the problem. Yep I have a problem, I was wrong about what the problem was, but still. I get to get a crown! I am just jumping for joy can't you tell. Apparently what I thought was a popped cavity (although a big one) was really my tooth breaking in two places. So I get to go back in a little over a week and get a crown. I am just so happy, I always wanted a crown, though I was thinking more one for my head when I became ruler of all, then one on my tooth.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#63 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 08:04 PM

Is anyone elses lo starting to have "fits"? Ashton is already having little fits. He gets so mad sometimes when I set him down that he starts hitting the floor and smacking it. I don't remember Elijah having fits so soon. I'm not really sure what to think of it. Maybe he is really strong willed. I have taken some pics. I will post them soon. I've been lazy about uploading :
#64 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 10:15 PM

Boy am I cranky today. I woke up to Miss Scarlet banging on me with both hands at 3am. It was 5am before she got back to sleep. :

She has been saying "raaaahhhhh" all day and very clingy. It must be teeth, she's getting her sixth and I think maybe more are coming in on the bottom. Plus, she's only had one short nap today. Can't wait til bedtime.
#65 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 PM

MontanaMama, great picture with the cabbage patch doll!
#66 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrizia View Post
I am just so happy, I always wanted a crown, though I was thinking more one for my head when I became ruler of all, then one on my tooth.
Sorry, the dentist sucks. I'm afraid I need to go, too.
#67 of 712 Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Is anyone elses lo starting to have "fits"? Ashton is already having little fits. He gets so mad sometimes when I set him down that he starts hitting the floor and smacking it. I don't remember Elijah having fits so soon. I'm not really sure what to think of it. Maybe he is really strong willed. I have taken some pics. I will post them soon. I've been lazy about uploading :
OMG yes. Johnny doesn't hit the floor but he throws himself back and goes limp and screams.

On a more cute note... a couple days ago Johnny crawled over to the jogging stroller (that we usualy take to the park) and pulled on it and cried, he kept that up for a while despite me trying to distract him so finally I thought he might be tellign me he wanted to go to the park and he calmed down as soon as I put him in...we went to the park and played for about 30mins - he did the same thing today, I was a lazy mommy and didn't take him out today though.
#68 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 01:50 AM

jumping in for a bit
Our internet's been down so I'm connected sneakily right now from some unknown neighbour. We had a well baby visit today and it went really terribly. Ion isn't on the charts weightwise and barely height wise (16lbs and 27 1/4 in) He eats solids voraciously, nurses a good letdown at least 10 times a day and has more chub on his body than ever. I almost don't trust the measurement because he was jumping on the scale. The doctor pressured us to give the flu shot (we didn't) and we had to sign yet another vaccine waiver. He also suggested benadryl for him rubbing his eyes without even looking. And this is from our D.O. who we go to because of his practices in alternative medicine. *pout*
#69 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
jumping in for a bit
Our internet's been down so I'm connected sneakily right now from some unknown neighbour. We had a well baby visit today and it went really terribly. Ion isn't on the charts weightwise and barely height wise (16lbs and 27 1/4 in) He eats solids voraciously, nurses a good letdown at least 10 times a day and has more chub on his body than ever. I almost don't trust the measurement because he was jumping on the scale. The doctor pressured us to give the flu shot (we didn't) and we had to sign yet another vaccine waiver. He also suggested benadryl for him rubbing his eyes without even looking. And this is from our D.O. who we go to because of his practices in alternative medicine. *pout*
icky-icky... why are there so many narrow minded docs out there?! I am sooo anxious every time we go. So far so good, but we've been dodging bullets.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#70 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 03:58 AM

more doc venting...
They also asked if he was talking and understood and used titles of family members. He says mama, dada, beka, gaea, cat and all sorts of other things but I can't tell if he actually means them. He should also be playing patty cake which he is no where near and just looks at me like I'm dumb.
Are 8 1/2 month olds really supposed to talk??
#71 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
more doc venting...
They also asked if he was talking and understood and used titles of family members. He says mama, dada, beka, gaea, cat and all sorts of other things but I can't tell if he actually means them. He should also be playing patty cake which he is no where near and just looks at me like I'm dumb.
no. scarlet would be hard pressed to play patty cake, too. this is why I skip wbvs. doctors, humph! :
#72 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 09:22 AM

OMG Hanno, what a crazy doc!! Romi doesn't speak... 8mth old babies babble, practice vocalization. She doesn't play patty-cake, WTH?? I mean, didn't he know he was dealing with Superbaby??

As for the weight, doesn't matter if he's off the charts, Liam weighed 16lbs and was very short when he was Ion's age. I got the whole formula speech everytime we went to a doctor's visit. So much so that I ended up in tears at the breasfeeding clinic, where they promptly told me Liam was just perfect. He was thin, so what? He still had a bit of chub. At about a year old, he turned into the biggest baby in daycare. I was astounded. Proves you just never know!
#73 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Wow, hanno, I wouldn't listen to that doc! Talking and pattycakes?? I can't even get Finn to play pattycakes and he's 2.5yo.
Was he using the new growth charts or the old ones that are based on formula fed babies? Honestly, I wouldn't worry since Ion is obviously alert and meeting all the (real!) milestones appropriate for his age...earlier if anything!
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#74 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
more doc venting...
don't have a lot of time but wanted to comment on this-- zenon started saying words (as i posted a while back with a video) and we were shocked b/c we thought it was so strange. kaylo definately didn't until he was closer to a year and then it was only a few things. patty cake??! that is ridiculous! way closer to a year or probably a lot later...i think it's all silly. don't worry

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#75 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 11:01 AM

I think I would fall over in astonishment if Scout started saying actual words and understanding their meaning right now. That doctor is full of crap. And pattycakes? No way. She claps her hands, but it is rarely "on cue"...it's just some random thing she does.

Yep, Scout's been starting the "fits" as well. Mainly if I pull something out of her hand that she is not supposed to have. It's sort of cute now...but I know it will get old fast.

I gained 5 pounds over the holidays. (over roughly 3-4 weeks) Wah!
#76 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 AM

Talking? hahhahahahah...ya right!
Sorry your dr visit was so crappy- that definately is crappy. He sounds stupid. (sorry. he does!)
Not that some kids couldn't. Just most don't.

Hey guys I forgot to mention that the painting on my blog (birth project) amandagreavette.blogspot.com sold! I'm excited, even though I've sold lots of others, this was a labour painting, the first of the birth series, and someone loved it! It was 3x4 feet so it wasnt' a minor purchase. yay!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#77 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Talking? hahhahahahah...ya right!
Sorry your dr visit was so crappy- that definately is crappy. He sounds stupid. (sorry. he does!)
Not that some kids couldn't. Just most don't.

Hey guys I forgot to mention that the painting on my blog (birth project) amandagreavette.blogspot.com sold! I'm excited, even though I've sold lots of others, this was a labour painting, the first of the birth series, and someone loved it! It was 3x4 feet so it wasnt' a minor purchase. yay!
A
Congrats on the sale of your painting. It's beautiful...was it hard to let that one go?

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#78 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hanno Your doc sounds crazy - Johnny does babble various words, but I doubt he really means any of them - he's never said mama even babbling...patty cake? Umm he doesn't even clap his hands - he barely waves..I wouldn't expect an 8-9mo to do any of those things.
#79 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
more doc venting...
Insane doctor as everyone else said. Desmond can talk, he does connect Dada with DH and he says hi correctly, but it is really rare for him to actually speak still. He also says mama but I don't think it means me yet. He is now say ummm after eating a bite which I think means yummy, but not sure. That being said I really wasn't expecting him to speak yet, so I am shocked he is saying anything in the correct context.

As for patty cake, yeah right, he still isn't clapping really let alone patty cake.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#80 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 02:28 PM

We had a bad night sleep wise last night. I tried to get Desmond to bed at 9:20 or so (really early) and he won't go, so I brought him back downstairs, no problem. He was ready at 10 and went right to sleep. Only he woke up 30 minutes later, I'm really tempted to stay with him for the first hour after he falls asleep, but that kind of kills the whole reason for putting him to bed earlier. DH brought him downstairs and we all went to bed around 11:30. He was up every 2 hours (I really wanted another night of only 3 wakings oh well).

Maybe tonight will be better, I can hope anyways.

Oh we bought him a snowsuit yesterday in 2t. We weren't sure the 18 month sized one would work for the rest of the winter so we went with 2t. It is really cute and we got it at a decent price since LLbean has all their winter coats on sale now and we had a $10 gift certificate from when DH got my coat there.

#81 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Sorry about the crappy doc visit. We reaaly love ours. Don't be too snippy at him for signing a waiver about vac's. It's the trial lawyers' faults for that.

Sophia says, mama, hi and bye. She waves, but can't pattycake/clap. She doesn't say dada. She just looks at him and growls.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#82 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM

Did anyone see this on TAO:

Due to issues we have been having with our server load and high traffic, we need to close or remove all threads that encourage mass posting. We have pinpointed that threads with very large numbers of posts/pages are partly or entirely responsible for the issues we are experiencing. Exactly what they are causing has not been determined but they cause a table corruptions in the database and most often that necessitates closing the forum to be able to repair the post and thread tables. Because our database is so large, this take at least an hour and affects other things on Mothering.com due to the need to close the database server to complete the repair. This results in extended issues such as emails received from concerned members who cannot access the forum during the closure, multi-Q&S threads about the server problems creating posting issues, and the multitude of duplicate posts that appear across the forums as a result of the server burps and which must then be removed by the moderators.

The suspension of mass posting threads includes all threads that are intended to boost post counts and those that are aimed at creating extremely high posting to a single thread. All such threads will be closed or moved to the Games forum, depending on the thread topic/focus. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#83 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM

I don't think that targets us, does it?? I mean there are crazy threads on MDC that are hundreds of pages long... I think those are the ones that'll be removed, no?
#84 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Noah has 0 words.

We call him -Nonan the bar(baby)an- AKA Conan the Barbarian. And hardly has the coordination to pinch pieces of food and eat it. BUT he is really big.

Superbaby has been focusing all his energy on speed! My theory is that all babies focus on a certain aspect of development, sometimes at the expense of other areas. Superbaby and Noah are 2 cases in point. Small, but super-developed mover/talker...and BIG, but slow Noah. What do you think?
#85 of 712 Old 01-04-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
Noah has 0 words.

We call him -Nonan the bar(baby)an- AKA Conan the Barbarian. And hardly has the coordination to pinch pieces of food and eat it. BUT he is really big.

Superbaby has been focusing all his energy on speed! My theory is that all babies focus on a certain aspect of development, sometimes at the expense of other areas. Superbaby and Noah are 2 cases in point. Small, but super-developed mover/talker...and BIG, but slow Noah. What do you think?
Totally!! Liam was tiny and was everywhere (he still is). Very advanced physically, yet late in talking.
#86 of 712 Old 01-05-2008, 03:41 AM

I haven't had a chance to read through the posts, but just wanted to share:

Micah is currently sleeping next to me while I peruse the internet (namely MDC and Etsy -- thanks doudat )...His eyes are darting back and forth, he is holding his hand up in front of him and moving his fingers (intricately, like he is doing something like manipulating something small), and then smiling and laughing....It is too cute! I wish I had the video camera here! Ah....calm sleep now....maybe I should sleep, too....but that wouldn't be any fun

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#87 of 712 Old 01-05-2008, 07:50 AM

Gee, I hope they don't close our thread. That would be awful. I think you're right though, doudat...I think they'd go for the threads with hundreds of pages, not us. : Oh yeah, I forgot about the site that serenitii set up a while back. I haven't logged in there in a very long time. Oops! If you're lurking, how are you, serenitii? Hadn't seen you around

I forgot to post a pic of my lovely earrings that I got from maximom in the exchange:

pretty danglies

They have become my favorites and I even wear green all the time on purpose just so I can wear those earrings.
#88 of 712 Old 01-05-2008, 07:52 AM

shydaisi - that's cute about about Micah dreaming. Wouldn't you just love to know what was going on in his little head?
#89 of 712 Old 01-05-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I haven't had a chance to read through the posts, but just wanted to share:

Micah is currently sleeping next to me while I peruse the internet (namely MDC and Etsy -- thanks doudat )...His eyes are darting back and forth, he is holding his hand up in front of him and moving his fingers (intricately, like he is doing something like manipulating something small), and then smiling and laughing....It is too cute! I wish I had the video camera here! Ah....calm sleep now....maybe I should sleep, too....but that wouldn't be any fun
aww that sounds so sweet- oh, to know what he was dreaming about!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#90 of 712 Old 01-05-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Gee, I hope they don't close our thread. That would be awful. I think you're right though, doudat...I think they'd go for the threads with hundreds of pages, not us. : Oh yeah, I forgot about the site that serenitii set up a while back. I haven't logged in there in a very long time. Oops! If you're lurking, how are you, serenitii? Hadn't seen you around

I forgot to post a pic of my lovely earrings that I got from maximom in the exchange:

pretty danglies

They have become my favorites and I even wear green all the time on purpose just so I can wear those earrings.
Great! They were made by a gal I know from Portland, OR.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page