***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hanno - Don't pay any attention to that Dr. obviously Ion is healthy and growing!!!

I am really excited. It is not a big deal to most of you here but it is for me. My friend was over and as she left she said "bye" to Ashton and he said "bye bye" back to her!! Elijah didn't talk at all until he was about 2 and even then it wasn't very much and with a lot of prompting.

I am going to sew zebra print throw pillows today. Envelope style cause I don't know how to sew a zipper.

MT - That sucks your wallet got stolen. at least you are all ok.
#122 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Trying to keep up without internet is difficult! The baby's OLPC has internet for now but I'm not used to it yet.
I looked up the weight chart for breastfed babies and Ion's on the low end of normal on that.
Aaaaaaaaaaand.....he took some steps 2 days ago! 2 1/2 steps walking toward his own reflection and 3 steps a few hours later. Nothing since and that's okay by me but his poor dad is sad he missed it.
We went to see the movie Juno tonight and it was excellent.
Superbaby walking??? Way to make the rest of ours feel inadequate :

I want to see Juno!! But I'll have to wait on the DVD, too complicated to go to the theatre.
#123 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Trying to keep up without internet is difficult! The baby's OLPC has internet for now but I'm not used to it yet.
I looked up the weight chart for breastfed babies and Ion's on the low end of normal on that.
Aaaaaaaaaaand.....he took some steps 2 days ago! 2 1/2 steps walking toward his own reflection and 3 steps a few hours later. Nothing since and that's okay by me but his poor dad is sad he missed it.
We went to see the movie Juno tonight and it was excellent.
At least you can be comforted knowing his development is on the 'ahead' side, quite dramatically! Both my sister and friends' babies were on the very low end of the weight scale and bf, and their development was 'average' at best, and they were perfectly healthy. It's a good reminder that there are extremes thatmake up averages, and that those are still 'ok'. And when his development is so far advanced, you really have no need to be concerned.

About signing, we did some with Axel but we won't bother with Evangeline. It was useful and helpful with him, but not advantageous enough for us to make the effort with her. Unless we just happen to fall into it naturally. I don't know that many, anyway.

We had another turbulant night again- what to do with teething pain when tylenol nor 'camillia' don't work? Next time she's fussing a lot I'll try the motrin, I think I had quicker results with that before. She gets a blazing fever and bright red cheeks too. I don't know if any are through yet- she won't let me in there.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#124 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 PM

Wow, no walking or talking here!

Let's see, where are we on the developmental milestones....
Arlo says dada, and baba and nana-all of which are just babbling I think. Although the nana is usually pretty whiny when he's tired.
He is pointing, which is really cute. He points at our noses and mouths and everything that interests him.
We are finally seeing some crawling action. And he is much happier now that he can go from all fours back to sitting-he no longer gets stuck on his belly.
I can see the beginnings of temper tantrums, especially when Finn takes a toy from him (which is constantly Arlo definitely knows how to make his displeasure known. He hates diaper/clothes changes, loves baths and is getting harder to put to sleep with nursing. Which is weird for me because Finn nursed to sleep until he was at least 18mo. Just now I had to lay beside Arlo and sing "you are my Sunshine" while he gazed at the tree outside the window and drifted off to sleep. That never would have happened with Finn!
Oh and he claps his hands and bangs objects together. He can also play a drum and he loves loves loves music.
I think that's it.

A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#125 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

About signing, we did some with Axel but we won't bother with Evangeline. It was useful and helpful with him, but not advantageous enough for us to make the effort with her. Unless we just happen to fall into it naturally. I don't know that many, anyway.

We had another turbulant night again- what to do with teething pain when tylenol nor 'camillia' don't work? Next time she's fussing a lot I'll try the motrin, I think I had quicker results with that before. She gets a blazing fever and bright red cheeks too. I don't know if any are through yet- she won't let me in there.
A
I don't know if we'll do any signing either, mostly because we didn't do it with Finn and I don't know that many either. I don't really know how to go about it. Do you just start using the signs??

And for the teeth, if nothing is working and she is really uncomfortable, then I'd go for the motrin too. It definitely seems more effective when things are bad imo, and it lasts longer.

A

#126 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 02:43 PM

Desmond took a few steps last night, and I missed them. I didn't miss the aftermath though. He banged into his activity cube and had a bloody nose and mouth, poor baby. So we cleaned him up and put him to bed, where he wanted to nurse every 30 minutes or so, I swear he nursed for 5 to 10 minutes while sleeping 5 times between 10pm and midnight. I finally gave him some Tylenol and it seemed to help, or he was ready for deeper sleep since he then didn't wake again till his normal 2am feeding.

I also noticed he got his 7th tooth yesterday, so just waiting for the 8th one to come in still. He is still a bit grumpy today, but I'm not sure if that is from the hitting his mouth and nose, the teething or he just feels like being grumpy. He hasn't tried to walk without support yet today, so I'll just have to wait and see what he does.

Sarah nak.gif married to DH Dan (August 2001) dh_malesling.GIF and Mommy to DS Desmond (April 2007) pinktongue.gif, DD Eloise (March 2009) hearts.gif and Sullivan (March 29, 2011) babyboy.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.giflactivist.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif
#127 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post

Hey, don't you guys do it like honeymooners anyway??

A
3 x in 5 hrs = honeymooners

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#128 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post

I don't think we've done it 3 x in 5 months!

#129 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 06:14 PM

Yea for Desmond and Ion!!!!

(Not for head bonks though!)

And don't be teaching that Sophia any time soon. I like this crawling stage for now.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#130 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post

I don't think we've done it 3 x in 5 months!
same here

my dh would love a bday night like that.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#131 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 PM

Speaking of walking...

Scarlet took about 10 steps last night!!! : And she's been practicing all morning. WTH. She's also been rolling around on the floor alot. Don't know what that's about, but it's cute.
#132 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM

i can't believe we have three babies that are taking steps!!! wow!

zenon just mastered sitting up around xmas time and today pulled himself up to standing by himself. but he still stinks at standing so i have to be right there at all times or put pillows all around him.

he is having the worst time sleeping today...i have a sinus infection that i'm trying to treat with squirting saltwater/breastmilk in my nose and popping sudafeds. i think the sudafeds may be making it hard for him to sleep??? maybe... i'm doing a half-dose though. i feel like $h!t.

zenon is throwing little fits too...just like arlo-- when kaylo takes away something. he is a little whiner--he squishes up his nose and does a fake sounding cry. it's actually rather cute.

oh and af came back today.

off to blow my nose again... :

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#133 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 07:24 PM

Wow! Babies that have 7 teeth and are walking??? This is crazy! Well, Scout has been standing on her own quite a bit in the last few days, so maybe she's not too far behind in the walking department, but she still only has the 2 bottom teeth that popped at 6 months.
#134 of 712 Old 01-07-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
Dang!
#135 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:24 AM

It sounds like things are really going to take off now! Noah is nowhere near crawling or babbling! I don't think he has babbled once! He did pull himself up to stand on my pants leg the other day. And on Fri. he pushed himself up to sit. He is still a very poor self-feeder.

Videos!!!! Please!!!!!!!! I love your vids!
#136 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Scarlet oh my goodness!!! A few steps is a cute accident, 10 steps is downright walking! It gives me goosebumps

And a kiss for sweet Desmond's little noggin.

Ion has a new verbal 'development'. He has a sound for nursing and he's not afraid to use it. He says 'NayNayNay' and it's just as clear and obvious as anything.
#137 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:43 AM

Hey Queen, I want to see pics of all the great stuff you're sewing!
A

#138 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:46 AM

One other thing-might of said this before. My PA said you could alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 3-4 hrs. If you forget, then it isn't as effective. You have to stay ahead of the pain. Teething must give babies some killer headaches! Can you imagine? It causes fever and diarhea in both of my boys and Green Elevens (green runny noses). The only thing that come close to working is the Tyl/Motrin idea. GL! I feel your pain! (((sleepless nights!)))
#139 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 03:07 AM

Well tonight Scarlet was shrieking in pain from her teeth, so I gave her a couple of tastes of benadryl because it's all I had and it seemed to work, she is finally sleeping.

She turned 9 months on the 4th and already she is taking steps, pulling out drawers, pushing cars, tell this girl to slow down! Huge growth spurt.

It's funny, I could always see, with Max, a definite change when he turned another month old. It's as if time just makes things click. That's probably exactly it and it seems magical to me.

Sounds like all our babes are doing something new.
#140 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 03:09 AM

mclisa- now I know what to ask for when my birthday comes around! If only...
#141 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 03:22 AM

Well, I have caught up on reading all of the posts, but I haven't responded much recently....between my job and Micah, I just don't have the chance anymore -- plus, my internet has been disconected at my house (the bill was my roommate's responsibility and he hasn't paid the bill in 2 months and I just can't afford it (which I told him in the beginning which is why it was his responsibility)), so the only time I can get on is when I am at my parents. During the day Micah has been so mobile and in. to. EVERYthing. that I just can't multitask like I used to (I think exhaustion plays a part in that too). So, here is my attempt at responding to previous posts and an update:

Hanno -- I completely agree with everyone else about ignoring your doc. Ion is so advanced physically (WTG on first steps!! -- Scarlet and Desmond, too!), that there is no way he isn't healthy.

Micah is pretty petite, as well...I don't think Micah is the smallest babe his age, but he is still wearing 3-6 mo. and 6 mo. clothes!! (Which completely destroys my forward buying of clothes...if he doesn't move up soon, the weather is going to warm up before he gets any use out of his 6-9 mo. winter clothes)

Micah has been babbling for the last month or so...I kept getting "worried" (not really -- just thought about it) about his verbal development before then, but about a month ago he started saying "bah-bah" (which we turned in to "bye-bye"), which was followed by "bay-buh" (which we turned into baby). On Christmas was the first time he put a kind of wave with the "bah-bah", so I *think* that might be considered his first word. He has now started doing the "bababababababababa" and "phtt" (which is I think transforming into papa -- his mouth opens after the p sound, but no additional sound comes out....)

He is also getting pretty good at cruising. I bought a Leap Frog (yes, I know playground table for Christmas, and he can now manuever all the way around it. And, I have noticed once he pulls up, he needs minimal support, but he is still hanging on. Yesterday, I was holding him in a standing position with my hands around his waist (loosely) and felt him balance, so I let go and he just stood there for a second and then sloooooooowly sat down. I guess he has had enough falling with learning to pull up and crawl.

We do a little signing here, but I am mostly consistent with "milk". He completely understands milk (he starts making an "uhn-uhn-uhn" sound while diving for my chest), but no signing back yet. From what I understand you are supposed to just utilize it like a word -- like everytime you say "eat" you sign "eat"...but most of the signs require two hands, so I have a hard time doing them while holding him, and the lack of consistency makes me forget. Hopefully once he signs back it will motivate me to teach him more.

No teeth here yet...I keep thinking it is close, and using teething to explain away fussiness...but no teeth yet. His gum is getting whiter, but I don't really feel anything. Is Micah and Eva the only two toothless grins here now? Now when I see other babies Micah's age, I think it looks weird when they have teeth. Guess I am just getting used to the toothless baby grin.

And last, but definitely not least -- we are having some very difinitive temper tantrums as well. I keep telling him that if he would just leave the things along that he is not allowed to have, that we could all just get along.

(Sorry that took so long I guess that's what happens when I never post)

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#142 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:13 PM

nice to hear what's going on, shydaisi

so, last night dh and i were discussing the next baby. a couple friends of mine are pg or going to get pg in the next 6 mo. i know i'll want another baby when they have theirs we plan out our babes with our growing season and so we like to get pg in the late spring/early summer. anyhooo--we were actually discussing this summer...then in the middle of the night both boys wake up with horrible croupy coughs, zenon gets a fever and kaylo starts throwing up (still is)... i think it was a sign that this summer is too early---back to the original plan of summer 09.

at least i'm feeling a little better b/c i have tons of pukey laundry to do right now.

#143 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
It sounds like things are really going to take off now! Noah is nowhere near crawling or babbling! I don't think he has babbled once! He did pull himself up to stand on my pants leg the other day. And on Fri. he pushed himself up to sit. He is still a very poor self-feeder.

Videos!!!! Please!!!!!!!! I love your vids!
He's getting there, he'll be cruising in no time!
I have a new video on my blog. I'll upload another a little later today

Quote:
Ion has a new verbal 'development'. He has a sound for nursing and he's not afraid to use it. He says 'NayNayNay' and it's just as clear and obvious as anything.
How sweet!!! romi says "dah" when she wants to nurse, but only when she's desperate I think I offer more than she asks for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Hey Queen, I want to see pics of all the great stuff you're sewing!
A
me too!!
#144 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:23 PM

Scout slept from about 9:30 last night until 6:30 this morning....without waking up to feed even once. Weird! She had a rude awakening, though - she fell off of her mattress onto the floor and was wedged in between the mattress and her basket of stuffed animals. Oops! I've been trying to teach her how to get down off of the mattress by herself without face-planting into the carpet, and I think it's working, but I guess she just bypassed the pillow barrier and scooched off the edge in her sleep.
#145 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:24 PM

No teeth here either. And I check all the time. There must be a reason why she sleeps so badly and teething is just so convenient

We had temper tantrums here too, but she's already over them. She's in a super mood the past few days, a real pleasure

And last night, she did the most amazing thing! She SLEPT!!! She woke up at 11pm, I nursed her, then she slept until almost 5am! I was floored. And overjoyed. Aaaaah, sleep. I don't know if cutting back on coffee helped, I guess tonight will be the real test.
#146 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewpie-o View Post
Scout slept from about 9:30 last night until 6:30 this morning....without waking up to feed even once. Weird! She had a rude awakening, though - she fell off of her mattress onto the floor and was wedged in between the mattress and her basket of stuffed animals. Oops! I've been trying to teach her how to get down off of the mattress by herself without face-planting into the carpet, and I think it's working, but I guess she just bypassed the pillow barrier and scooched off the edge in her sleep.
Poor Scout!! At least she's ok. And good for you, getting a long night of uninterrupted sleep
#147 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
nice to hear what's going on, shydaisi

so, last night dh and i were discussing the next baby. a couple friends of mine are pg or going to get pg in the next 6 mo. i know i'll want another baby when they have theirs we plan out our babes with our growing season and so we like to get pg in the late spring/early summer. anyhooo--we were actually discussing this summer...then in the middle of the night both boys wake up with horrible croupy coughs, zenon gets a fever and kaylo starts throwing up (still is)... i think it was a sign that this summer is too early---back to the original plan of summer 09.

at least i'm feeling a little better b/c i have tons of pukey laundry to do right now.
That sucks (the puking)... And yeah, if I was planning another baby, now would not be the time for me either. Although close spaced kids sound like fun, the reality of no sleep would just kill me.
#148 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:

awe, sorry your little guys were sick! I hope they recover fast for you.

I've been having little touches of baby fever too...but I know we can't afford another one any time soon. Maybe it's for the better though - I can really focus on and enjoy all of the stages of Scout's babyhood/toddlerhood for now.
#149 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Speaking of walking...

Scarlet took about 10 steps last night!!! : And she's been practicing all morning. WTH. She's also been rolling around on the floor alot. Don't know what that's about, but it's cute.

What??!!!

Good things come in threes.

(And please stop at that! I do not need a walker yet!)

#150 of 712 Old 01-08-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:

oh and af came back today.

off to blow my nose again... :
no fair for af to find you when you are sick.

no af in sight...maybe I took care of that on Saturday...hehehe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page