***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
grrrr...I just wrote a super long post and it disappeared!
#182 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
Kewpie-o, how did your neice like her diaper bag gift?
I think my niece liked the diaper bag alright, but someone else got her a fancy store-bought one with lots of zippers and compartments and whatnot and I could tell that she liked that one better. But she is so sweet and kept telling me how much she loved it and telling everyone how her aunt made her a bag with her sewing machine. It's funny that she is only 7 years old, but she's socially aware enough to fake-liking a gift to spare people's feelings.
#183 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
OMG, I just checked and you are on the banned list, wth?? I'd email on the the admins, this is insane! What was your pm about (trying to figure out how it could be construed as spam)... You can go in as a guest can't you? Contact Samatha (she's the one that keeps the banned list updated) by email (she has an email link on her profile). I can't believe they banned you without questioning you first!

Mutts: squishy goodness, I love the 3sr ones (like the Gnomes pictured on my Blog). They run from 22$ to 27$ new and you can get them great deals used if you ever get back on DS.
Here's a not so recent picture of romi in a 3sr.

Muttaqin (this was last night's stocking)
we are working on loading our new computer...so i wasn't going to be checking ds for a while, but i was going to check my email...so i was asking about some dipes for sale...but instead of pming, i emailed the mama. i asked her to email me back at a different email than what my ds says b/c i check it more. that's all. oh, i also asked another mom what diapers she still had for sale through a usual pm too, i think. but that shouldn't be spam. wth?? i can't even log on a guest, i can't do anything!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#184 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 PM

doudat...any chance you can send me her email??

although--i did come up with a way to log on with a new account --should i just drop it and do that? or email her?

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#185 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Did you have any feedback on the old account?I know it's "illegal" in the DS world to create a new account when you've been banned, but if you don't do anything to get suspected of anything fishy, why should they care?

Weird, I never knew contacting people via email was spam Why add an email addy on your profile if it's not to get people to use it? I don't have my email addy on my profile cause I don't want weird people writing me.
#186 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
wth?? i can't even log on a guest, i can't do anything!
It's a sign...no cloth diapers for you!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#187 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Sarah: so jealous of your India trip! I love to travel! What an adventure!

Wish me luck girls! I might not be on much the next 5 days because DH is getting a much needed break from his sahd stuff and is going to run in Disney's Marathon. Wish him more luck so he can finish! i'm sure I will have my hands full at home with the girls!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#188 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Did you have any feedback on the old account?I know it's "illegal" in the DS world to create a new account when you've been banned, but if you don't do anything to get suspected of anything fishy, why should they care?

Weird, I never knew contacting people via email was spam Why add an email addy on your profile if it's not to get people to use it? I don't have my email addy on my profile cause I don't want weird people writing me.
i'm so bummed! i just logged on as a guest at the library (where i had to get away to do some work--no sick ones here!) and you are supposed to get 4 warnings b/f being banned. wth!!! luvmybabies is administrator now but i can't email her without an account... grrr. i'm upset.

#189 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
i'm so bummed! i just logged on as a guest at the library (where i had to get away to do some work--no sick ones here!) and you are supposed to get 4 warnings b/f being banned. wth!!! luvmybabies is administrator now but i can't email her without an account... grrr. i'm upset.
what a pain in the !
#190 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post
what a pain in the !
i know!!!

#191 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
It's a sign...no cloth diapers for you!

#192 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 PM

kris-I agree sounds like a sign. Maybe someone else could email her for you...Queen perhaps.
#193 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 PM

I could email her, but what to say? And the email addy doesn't appear on the profile, just a email link, which uses DS to send the email...

I'd say use the new profile.
#194 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

AAAH!!! You ladies have like addicted me to DS I cannot get my eyes off the site - I am totally OCD about it...I'm spending too much money!!!!

KrisMarie- sorry you are having trouble with it (though maybe it is sign lol) let me know if I can help you with anything to get it straightened out.

So Johnny is picking up more words and they are so cute and babyish and my DH is getting upset that I keep repeating them the way Johnny says them (like "doosh" for "juice" and "leah" for "Yes") do you that have older ones think I would be hurting his speach development?

Ok- gotta go to church talk to you all tomorrow!!!
#195 of 712 Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
AAAH!!! You ladies have like addicted me to DS I cannot get my eyes off the site - I am totally OCD about it...I'm spending too much money!!!!

KrisMarie- sorry you are having trouble with it (though maybe it is sign lol) let me know if I can help you with anything to get it straightened out.

So Johnny is picking up more words and they are so cute and babyish and my DH is getting upset that I keep repeating them the way Johnny says them (like "doosh" for "juice" and "leah" for "Yes") do you that have older ones think I would be hurting his speach development?

Ok- gotta go to church talk to you all tomorrow!!!
We usually say words the correct way, but then again we often imitate Axel with his funny pronounciation, for example, we called tv 'doobs' for the longest time. I don't think you want to reinforce the 'baby' pronounciation, but it's not worth getting upset about it. I don't think it will hurt speech development in the long run if you guys talk normally to him too. That being said- wow- he says that much? go Johnny go!

Kris- I pm'd you! Sucks!

Tabrizia- how's that baby's head? Poor guy! Amazing walkers everyone!

Finn'smama-how's your plugged duct?: Not envying you!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#196 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 12:52 AM

here are a few new pics cause my baby is so freaking cute!!
standing
so pretty
trickingmommy she kept waving but then everytime i took a pic she would stop and turn around!! i finally caught one as she was turning lol
messy

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#197 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
standing
so pretty
trickingmommy she kept waving but then everytime i took a pic she would stop and turn around!! i finally caught one as she was turning lol
messy
She is sooo adorable!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#198 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 03:00 AM

Susan she is adorable!

I can not believe some of our babies are standing, getting ready to cruise!!! Abby is just trying to crawl, but can roll from wall to wall! She feel off the mattress (on the floor) 2ce this week. Bad Mommy!! She is just so fast now!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#199 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstmomy View Post
Susan she is adorable!

I can not believe some of our babies are standing, getting ready to cruise!!! Abby is just trying to crawl, but can roll from wall to wall! She feel off the mattress (on the floor) 2ce this week. Bad Mommy!! She is just so fast now!
Micah did once this week, too! Very scary, isn't it?

#200 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 AM

I noticed a couple of days ago that the inside of Micah's cheeks had a bit of a white film on them. At first I though it might have been milk remnants, but I have kept a close eye on it and it's still there. So, it seems that he has a bit of thrush. Just in the mouth -- I haven't noticed it in the diaper area or in my breasts.

I did some research on remedies and came across a few natural approaches -- most of them are listed in this article. There are several, so I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with eliminating thrush naturally. If so, I would love to know what you did, how much, when did you do it, etc.

#201 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
standing
so pretty
messy
I looooooooove the one with her posing she is just so cute!!!!!!

Oh Shy- I don't have experience, but sorry to hear you are dealing with it!
#202 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:

I'm feeling a lot of anxiety these days about going back to work in april. We only get a year off here (I know it's better than the US, but I still wished it was longer!) and I dread the idea of leaving my tiny girl at daycare. I'm so sad and scared. I don't know what I'll do about her nursing... I'll have to introduce cow's milk and nurse like crazy when I'll be home with her : I'm going to miss her so much.
that is so hard! could you pump and give it to her in a sippy? you still have a few months...it's wonderful that you got a year. but so hard...

#203 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDaisi View Post
I noticed a couple of days ago that the inside of Micah's cheeks had a bit of a white film on them. At first I though it might have been milk remnants, but I have kept a close eye on it and it's still there. So, it seems that he has a bit of thrush. Just in the mouth -- I haven't noticed it in the diaper area or in my breasts.

I did some research on remedies and came across a few natural approaches -- most of them are listed in this article. There are several, so I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with eliminating thrush naturally. If so, I would love to know what you did, how much, when did you do it, etc.
we battled yeasty stuff all the time. the rx nystatin has never worked for me. (it's sugar based and yeast love sugar). i give zenon probiotics (powdered baby kind) in expressed bm and yogurt. i wipe off my nipples with cider vinegar (diluted in water 1:1) good luck

#204 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 AM

UltimateSerj:
Awww, those eyes!!! What a cutie!
#205 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 11:44 AM

Yeast: gentian violet did the trick for us. It's cheap, no need for an rx, and yeast isn't as resistant to it as with anti-fungal like Nystatin. I second the probiotics, I'd open a capsule, dip with finger in it and let romi suck on it. Of course, now that our babies are eating solids, I guess yogurt might be easier, but I'd add a capsule of probiotics in the yogurt for a double wahmmy!
#206 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
that is so hard! could you pump and give it to her in a sippy? you still have a few months...it's wonderful that you got a year. but so hard...
I'm going to have to try but pumping is so hard for me. I'll have to really boost my milk supply to get anything. Mmmm, I have some Domperidone left over from Liam when I had supply issues... I wonder if I could take some just to get me enough to pump. Would I dare take them without the advice of a medical professional? :
#207 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I'm going to have to try but pumping is so hard for me. I'll have to really boost my milk supply to get anything. Mmmm, I have some Domperidone left over from Liam when I had supply issues... I wonder if I could take some just to get me enough to pump. Would I dare take them without the advice of a medical professional? :
hmmm...maybe. i'm not one to go to the doctor...so, i'd probably take them teeehee. but maybe you could try teas or something first?? eating oats and quinoa...that sort of stuff.
thanks for the pm, i'll let you know.

speaking of doctors, i have never taken kaylo or zenon to one except an occasional well-child. but, i think i'm going to take zenon today. he still has a fever and major chest congestion. i've never had an exclusively bf child not get better after 5 days! luckily my doc is really cool and i told him i just wanted him to give a little listen to his lungs. hopefully we're in and out and i'm restored with my healing confidence.

#208 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 12:14 PM

ultserj--what a little beauty!

montana- what did you do in india??

debstmom- they are fast! i keep running to catch him from rolling off of things--bed/couch/etc. yikes!

#209 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 12:54 PM

I hope everything is ok with Zenon, let us know!
#210 of 712 Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM

cute babe, Ultimate! and well wishes to sick and thrushy babies.

Scarlet was up for hours last night - just screaming her darn head off and holding me tight. I tried everything I could, but to no avail. I was so tired myself. I finally put he in the sling and that calmed her right down and was finally asleep about 20 minutes later.

She's full of smiles this morning, but I need !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page