***April 2007 Mamas - It's January 2008!!!*** - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 12:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Abby does this weird inhale. She inhales hard through her nose and scrunches her upper lip towards her nose. It's strange yet cute!
#242 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 11:42 AM

hey everyone. thanks for your well-wishes...
zenon is much improved (after taking the antibiotics for a couple days)...he's still really congested but is playing/talking/etc. kaylo is down and out now...he has a fever and bad cough and is super lethargic. i'm pushing fluids and expectorant hoping he doesn't end up with an infection too.

i still have my sinus infection. trying to decide if it's better to take decongestants for a long time or take decongestants/antibiotics for a shorter time to clear it up (in terms of what zenon is getting through bm)... i think i'll keep trying to clear it a little with decongestants/saltwater treatments this weekend at least. i just hate to think of what zenon is getting through bm.
what would you do?

i can't think clearly anymore--i'm so sick of the sickies! i keep telling myself we have to feel better by next weekend. : otherwise it'll be more than 2 weeks.

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#243 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 AM

zenon is very content to be anywhere, anytime as long as he has somebody holding him or near him. (he's been my travel companion in nyc and detroit--eating out at nice places and all ) he seems to know what's "right" and "wrong" and loves to laugh whenever he is doing something "wrong". i think he is going to be easygoing and independent. (so opposite of kaylo--who is a rather intense/dependent/cuddler/thinker type)

is this spellcheck thing new??

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#244 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 12:21 PM

Kris: happy to hear Zenon is getting better. I think I'd hold off the abx for myself and see if it would clear up on it's on... Sinus infections are rarely bacterial, and most probably viral anyway. So abx wouldn't really help.

Hope Kaylo and mama feel better soon
#245 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Romi is my "easy" baby. I know compared to some of you, she's not, but compared to Liam she is She is very active, loves to explore and is quite the daredevil. She moves all.the.time. She always wants to be near or on me and throws a fit if I leave her site (can someone say separation anxiety?). She is almost always happy and laughs like an old man. She loves to eat and gets insanely animated when I put her in her booster chair. She talks a lot and waves her hands and arms, I think she's gonna be very opinionated later in life.
#246 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 12:26 PM

Romi has a white tongue. Thrush here too? I'm gonna do the GV tomorrow. Darnit.

Hey Hanno, was it you that posted Ion's picture of the completely purple mouth or another baby? I still have that adorable image in my mind!
#247 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Romi has a white tongue. Thrush here too? I'm gonna do the GV tomorrow. Darnit.

Hey Hanno, was it you that posted Ion's picture of the completely purple mouth or another baby? I still have that adorable image in my mind!
It was me. We used it at your advice. Let me find it....

Here!

He was 2 weeks old, you have a great memory!
#248 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
hey everyone. thanks for your well-wishes...
zenon is much improved (after taking the antibiotics for a couple days)...he's still really congested but is playing/talking/etc. kaylo is down and out now...he has a fever and bad cough and is super lethargic. i'm pushing fluids and expectorant hoping he doesn't end up with an infection too.

i still have my sinus infection. trying to decide if it's better to take decongestants for a long time or take decongestants/antibiotics for a shorter time to clear it up (in terms of what zenon is getting through bm)... i think i'll keep trying to clear it a little with decongestants/saltwater treatments this weekend at least. i just hate to think of what zenon is getting through bm.
what would you do?

i can't think clearly anymore--i'm so sick of the sickies! i keep telling myself we have to feel better by next weekend. : otherwise it'll be more than 2 weeks.
mama...I hope everyone gets feeling better soon.
As for abx for yourself, I personally would take them if it doesn't clear up after the weekend. But I really hate being sick, so that's why. If you felt like you could stick it out. then don't take 'em. I know I wouldn't be able to wait, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
It was me. We used it at your advice. Let me find it....

Here!

He was 2 weeks old, you have a great memory!
whoa! That's crazy! What a cutie...it's hard to believe our babes were ever so little, eh?
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#249 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 04:56 PM

I LOVE that picture!!!!!
#250 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 05:13 PM

Arlo is really happy. All of the time. He is also very curious and is already developing a sense of humour. He likes to make us laugh! He absolutely adores his big brother and his papa. Of course he loves me too, but he is very attached to us all as a family. He does not like when nobody is in his sight and he gets quite pissed off if something is taken from him or you can't give him what he wants (like a fork or something dangerous). He definitely has a temper.
In general he is just really easy going and seems to really enjoy getting out of the house and being social with anyone.

Here he is enjoying some blackberries

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#251 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn'smama View Post
Arlo is really happy. All of the time. He is also very curious and is already developing a sense of humour. He likes to make us laugh! He absolutely adores his big brother and his papa. Of course he loves me too, but he is very attached to us all as a family. He does not like when nobody is in his sight and he gets quite pissed off if something is taken from him or you can't give him what he wants (like a fork or something dangerous). He definitely has a temper.
In general he is just really easy going and seems to really enjoy getting out of the house and being social with anyone.

Here he is enjoying some blackberries
so sweet and grown up looking!
#252 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 05:27 PM

Ion is so not 'easy going', but he is easy to live with. He's wild and fun and fast and silly. He loves to play with us and jump around and watch us do things. When he's having a mama-only day it's hard on us because I'm the only person who will do and I must hold him at all times. He loves the cats and dog and I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a cat. He loves to eat just about everything and takes baths or showers with me.

I'll add more later....
#253 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 05:37 PM

Entered sickville here. Poor Max started vomiting last evening before dinner and we were up most of the night with him spitting up whatever was left in him tummy and pooping, poor, poor thing.

He is feeling much better today and is napping with sister. Thank goodness she slept through it all.

I'm exhausted and have mounds of laundry to do.

nak now...
#254 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot the personality question

Johnny is pretty much happy all the time, he is super active from the time his eyes open until they close and is curious about everything. He seems pretty independent and friendly also because whenever we are out at playgroups or anything he just wanders around on his own and crawls in and out of anyones lap. He does have strong opinions though, he throws little fits whenever we stop him from doing something he wants to do or take something away. He loves his mommy he can go anywhere he wants but screams if I leave (though he actually does this with any adult that he knows well).

Here a few pics of my "independent" boy...

His new pastime while I cook (everything on the first shelf gets scattered across the floor)

Just a few mins ago I was fixing myself a snack and must not have shut the refrigerator door fully. I turned around and this is what I saw (please ignore my dirty fridge LOL).
#255 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 07:55 PM

Are any other babies doing this? Abby has taken to nursing from one side and then the other, switching every 1-2 minutes, except if she hasn't nursed in a while. It is very strange and quite annoying. Besides that, she is just so darn cute all of the time! :
#256 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismarie View Post
can't post much. zenon has pneumonia and i'm an anxious wreck (so little sleep and a super sick family for a week!!!) aaaah! i'm just hoping he seems a little better today (and nurses soon b/c he hasn't nursed in a while)...otherwise we are back to the dr and then who knows what. at least my dr is pretty cool. he said he is very conservative about giving out antibiotics and quickly said to start probiotics too.
anyway--adam and kaylo are super sick again too with sinus/chest stuff. i'm just praying theirs clears up on it's own.

oh brother. i'm just worn out. and i really feel like a failure--i try so hard to prevent secondary infections and my little 9 mo has pneumonia!!
: send us some good healin vibes

I hope he is feeling better!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#257 of 712 Old 01-12-2008, 10:05 PM

I love all of the pictures!

I was working on my scrapbooks today. I will have to work on uploading some pics onto the computer next.

Maddie: high needs
Ellysia: likes one on one attention or small groups. Not so sure about new things.
Claire: happy. Easy going. Always smiling.
Sophia: cautious. She studies things. Not as high needs as Maddie, but not as easy going as Claire.

I tried to get some pics done of Sophia in Friday. She cried through them. She just doesn't like to smile at those places!

OK, I need to go check on them. They were making "boats" when I left. I needed a moment of quiet.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#258 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 12:28 AM

Oops - I have missed the last couple pages - will go back and read after Scout goes down for the night. I've been sort of out of pocket lately because Scout has been very cranky and needy and insisting on taking naps with my boob in her mouth. I used to be able to sneak away rather easily after she drifted off, but it's been tough the last few days. Last night was AWFUL. She screamed and screamed until 1 AM - I'm pretty sure she is teething. I can't remember who posted it a few pages back, but I remember one of you mommas posting about a similar situation with your LO just up screaming in your arms inconsolably. I thought to myself, "Gees, I'm glad Scout's not doing that." Well, that thought came back to bite me in the @ss! I broke down and gave her some tylenol, but it didn't really seem to help.
#259 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 12:35 AM

On a positive note, DH and I just came back from our FIRST DATE since Scout was born!!! I can't believe it took us so long to find the opportunity to go out by ourselves. It's our 7 year anniversary tomorrow and lady at church has been begging to watch Scout, so I figured this weekend would be a good time to try to go out.

Scout was horribly cranky all morning, so I was really worried that she would be upset and cry the whole time we were gone. I even thought about cancelling, but I finally got her down for a nap right before we left and she slept for 2.5 hours and then played and had a great time with the babysitter. No fussing at all! I'm in shock!!! : The babysitter said she drank a bottle of expressed bm and ate some puffed rice and was happy as a clam!

We went and had sushi at this amazing sushi place and then just goofed off and went to the mall and some other stores before coming home. It was a really nice evening.

Okay, I'm off to read everything I missed around here
#260 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 12:40 AM

hey guys- just popping in. Hope everyone feels better soon- what a rough patch for all of us. Has anyone escaped sickness entirely?
Eva is a bit wheezy at night, coughing and snoring.

Here's some pics.
At my mom's from Christmas
An embellished pf and some chunky legs!
Eva at breakfast
Eva eating raspberries
my embellished prefolds, showing my fave fabric, and all the fabrics
my pj's I made today

Oh- and doudat- I was informed by my sister that I wasn't wearing my hat 'right', that it should sit farther back on my head/crown and be 'slouchy' at the back, like you said. Here I thought it was for warmth, to keep my ears and forehead warm!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#261 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 12:58 AM

Eva is so cute! She has changed so much -- growing! I love the striped prefold and your jammies!

We have actually managed to avoid sickness for the most part. Micah had a short lived cold at about 4 mos. but that is it ::::

to all the mamas dealing with sick babes

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#262 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 12:58 AM

oops....double post

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#263 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:03 AM

Romi has turned into such a needy baby at night as well... So I'm hoping it's teeth, anything really... Other than having to face the possibility that this is just how things are gonna be from now on. Dh is with her now since she woke up again. And I just looked at him and said "I am not nursing her again" (we were watching a movie). Ugh.

Hanno: I showed dh Ion's purple face and he remembered me showing him that picture when Romi was tiny I would frame it and put it up on the wall!

Queen: gorgeous pictures of Eva (who, by the way, looks more and more like her brother as time passes!). And love the prefolds & pj, great job!!
As for the slouch, this is how I wear it (the hat is similar to yours but was made for a friend of mine). I must say I thought you looked fantastic with it on, and loved how it suited you. So I wouldn't listen to your sister too much and wear it however you want!
#264 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:04 AM

Ooh, and almost forgot: hurray for a date Kewpie! Glad it went well and you had a blast!
#265 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:22 AM

I've been lurking for a while... we've been part of the sickies crowd too.
Not too bad though, just stuffy/runny noses etc.

Hoping everyone gets better soon!

Cute GV pic hanno! We did the gentian violet soooo many times, but the pics were always cranky. Savannah never got white patches in her mouth, the yeasty fungus just upset her tummy. She acted colicky, but every time I broke down from the nipple pain (exactly like razor blades or needles, like whoever said that) and used Diflucan her disposition changed 180 degrees overnight. No one ever told me yeast could cause behavior changes. (I heard people say there's a link between yeast overgrowth and some ADD cases, dunno if it's true but stands to reason.)

Personality: Savannah tries to act way older than she is. She turns the pages of books by herself after pausing as if she's reading each page... She's a mini me -- a book addict. She is intense and independent. Won't eat food out of our hands, has to pick it up and feel it herself. And she's stubborn as a mule. I say she gets it from her papa but it's just as much from me too She's not a giggly baby like her cousin, so it's even more rewarding to make her laugh out loud. She smiles a lot but saves her laughs. She truly has the personality of a typical 13 year old girl, temper tantrums and all. Minus the boys.

Funny story, my mom thinks she can get her to calm down or sleep like so-called "normal" babies, pat her gently, rock her in the rocking chair etc. But Savannah is sooo stubborn she doesn't go for any of that, never has. I secretly like that my mom is totally useless in this area. (She suggested we start formula so she can help put her down to sleep when we visit ). Strangely enough, we recently found out that she like having her feet rubbed/tickled to sleep. Try finding that in "what to expect when..." books.

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#266 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
hey guys- just popping in. Hope everyone feels better soon- what a rough patch for all of us. Has anyone escaped sickness entirely?
Eva is a bit wheezy at night, coughing and snoring.

Here's some pics.
At my mom's from Christmas
An embellished pf and some chunky legs!
Eva at breakfast
Eva eating raspberries
my embellished prefolds, showing my fave fabric, and all the fabrics
my pj's I made today

Oh- and doudat- I was informed by my sister that I wasn't wearing my hat 'right', that it should sit farther back on my head/crown and be 'slouchy' at the back, like you said. Here I thought it was for warmth, to keep my ears and forehead warm!
A

at your projects
(note to self: be a craftier person this week)

Wife to J. Mama to girly S (4/07), little boy blue E (1/10) and tiny peanut girl due (7/12)

#267 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivkajean View Post
Strangely enough, we recently found out that she like having her feet rubbed/tickled to sleep. Try finding that in "what to expect when..." books.
Crap baby is waking up, real quick, When Caroline was sick a few weeks ago, she was up in the night one time i was rubbing her feet cause she was restless in bed and i was half asleep and i realized she fell back to sleep with me rubbing when nothing else was working!!! hasn't worked since tho

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#268 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMom View Post

I'm exhausted and have mounds of laundry to do.

nak now...
: and I've been lazy since Xmas about CDing... first all the traveling, then sick, and now our well seems to be having issues.
I can't do a full load of laundry without the pressure tank running out of pressure, our pump is all crapped up with rust, we think. I have to do half a cycle then wait a couple hours to finish it. Good excuse for not doing laundry? I think so! Just tell yourself not to feel guilty about it.

#269 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateSerj View Post
Crap baby is waking up, real quick, When Caroline was sick a few weeks ago, she was up in the night one time i was rubbing her feet cause she was restless in bed and i was half asleep and i realized she fell back to sleep with me rubbing when nothing else was working!!! hasn't worked since tho
weird eh? but man, it felt good to get her to sleep without nursing!

#270 of 712 Old 01-13-2008, 09:48 AM

well, after almost four years of no sicky dr visits for kaylo...he's on abx too now. he was just getting more and more lethargic and sick. the dr i saw (at the er) was great though (and friends with my pedi). now, i just need to decide what i'm going to do about myself. i've had sinus stuff for 10 days now and i just want to feel better. what a nasty week it's been...2 terrible bugs. i think the strange warm weather right after traveling (on a plane too) just set us up for all this illness.

hanno--ion sounds a little like kaylo as a babe. i remember that picture--cute!

finnsmama-arlo looks so old now!

queen--great job sewing!! i love the prefolds and the pjs! i also love how eva is dressed in the xmas at mom's picture. makes me want a girl

maximom--hope max is feeling better!

rivka--savannah sounds like a little friend of kaylo's. i always describe her having the attitude of a teen... i bet she'll be a strong, independent woman someday.

doudat-cute hat pic

mclisa--how's homeschooling going?

kewpie-o congrats on the date!!

off to battle some more germs...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page